• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prettyboyy

Amourshipper
On the topic on fanfics,I do have a topic to bring up:
What are your top 5 personal favorite Amourshipping fanfics
Some rules to consider:
1.1-2 fanfics per author,gotta keep it interesting.
2.Your own fanfics do not count
3.If you have more than 5 favorites you could always go for top 10

With that said,let's begin!

5.Return of the Mastermind-PurimPopoie
4.Pillow Talk-Shadow of Hearts
3.Twigs ‘n' Frubbles-FanOfAnimation1994
2.Snowbelle of the Bell-A-Gallade
And my number 1 fanfic is.....
1.Anourshipping:One day off-123pearlshipping

i have never read a fanfic of amourshipping! 0_0 can you suggest me some good ones? the most romantic would be good too :3

Dinomeyt

If Gary Oak came back in the XY series (either in Kalos or in a possible Kanto arc), how do you think he would influence AmourShipping? If he went to Prof. Oak's summer camp (which he most probably did), do you think he would remember Serena?

Honestly, if any of the two Oaks were to be a boost to Amour, Gary has the strongest chance. The issue with Professor Oak is that he would somehow have to remember Serena out of all the kids in the camp and I do not see that happening with him. Gary, while he was Ash's main rival for a very long time, views Ash as his most important friend and probably his strongest friend from childhood. Therefore I am sure Ash and Gary interacted during the camp, and they (and by they, I mean Ash) included Serena in some of the things they were doing. Now, in terms of when I would want Gary to make his appearance in Kalos/Kanto arc, I would want him to show up when Ash has developed some feelings for Serena (which the writers seem to be fueling with these last couple of episodes + Ash's gentleman-like behavior). In this scenario, Gary could catch Ash's emotions for Serena and try to enhance them to the next level. This of course depends on whether or not Gary would come back.

As for the Tierno thing dying off, I was not surprised. Serena's reaction alone (which looks negative in the preview) told me this was going to be a gag and that ended my opinions/debate about it. What we are seeing is the writers going off a character trait of Tierno's. They know Tierno hasn't been around for more than 20 episodes and are showing that they didn't forget about him. Just a funny little gag that could create a hint from Ash (kind of unlikely) and/or Serena (very likely). What I am focused on for this episode (aside from the evolution) is a) when Ash, Serena, Bonnie, and Tierno are split up (I honestly hope it happens early on) and b) Serena and Ash's interaction when they are alone. I see Ash defending Serena from that robot Team Rocket is using, making Serena fall for Ash even more (just my speculation)

Last edited:

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
i have never read a fanfic of amourshipping! 0_0 can you suggest me some good ones? the most romantic would be good too :3

Try Snowbelle of the Bell,it's quite good in my opinion.
If you want a fic that stays true to the series there's always Tradition Together,it's a Christmas fic

OK I'm hear to help spice up the conversation *clears mind* OK

How has nobody commented about the Ash staring at Serena in the title card while everyone else is looking at the camera?

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Someone made a really good point about the image of Tierno proposing to Serena, and I decided to take it as far as I could:

All this time, we've been trying to gauge Ash's thoughts about the situation based on trying to decipher his facial expression.

Instead, take a look at his hands!

Usually when he's standing with both of his hands relaxed, his fingers are slightly curled. More specifically, the ends of his fingers curl, but the first segment of each of his fingers (technically known as the "proximal phalanges") are only bent slightly from the back of his hand, and the back of his hand makes a similarly gentle angle with his forearm. Insofar as I can see, however, in the Tierno screencap, it looks much more like his visible hand has sharper angles between both the first segments on his fingers and the back of his hand, and between the back of his hand compared to his forearm. On the hand that's on the far side from the camera, we have what seems to be closer to a profile view of his hand, for those who wish to give a second opinion on this observation.

To state it briefly, it appears to me as though he has his hands clenched into fists.

If I, and the person who first put this idea into my head, are accurate with this, even if he doesn't actively intervene in the episode, it would certainly be an interesting sign as to what he's actually thinking.

Last edited:

AshSerena

atm hint what i saw, ash and serena split with bonnie and tierno to look for the pokemons, ash protecting serena from robot(same when ash protecting serena from luxio episode)

Last edited:

ej02

Australia Amourship
Someone made a really good point about the image of Tierno proposing to Serena, and I decided to take it as far as I could:

All this time, we've been trying to gauge Ash's thoughts about the situation based on trying to decipher his facial expression.

Instead, take a look at his hands!

Usually when he's standing with both of his hands relaxed, his fingers are slightly curled. More specifically, the ends of his fingers curl, but the first segment of each of his fingers (technically known as the "proximal phalanges") are only bent slightly from the back of his hand, and the back of his hand makes a similarly gentle angle with his forearm. Insofar as I can see, however, in the Tierno screencap, it looks much more like his visible hand has sharper angles between both the first segments on his fingers and the back of his hand, and between the back of his hand compared to his forearm. On the hand that's on the far side from the camera, we have what seems to be closer to a profile view of his hand, for those who wish to give a second opinion on this observation.

To state it briefly, it appears to me as though he has his hands clenched into fists.

If I, and the person who first put this idea into my head, are accurate with this, even if he doesn't actively intervene in the episode, it would certainly be an interesting sign as to what he's actually thinking.

Hmm nice noticing. I think ash clenching would be a nice touch considering how brock used to do it all the time and he would be used to it by now.
secondly I think episode 65 will have some hints cause this might well be the last episide with clemont gone and they need some time for themselves.
finally................ ehhh hmmm new intro soon might have have hints might not
anyway I am signing out.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
Just watched the episode. Well, most of it. The livestreaming website I use to watch suddenly stopped working right at the climax of the episode (it was just black with a white thing going in a circle..dunno what happened there). I could hear things happening but couldn't actually see it until the video went back on, after Sligoo evolved. Anyways..

Like many of you predicted, there weren't that many hints but so far, the only hint that I noticed was Serena blushing as she was talking to Satoshi at the beginning of the episode. That, and she and Satoshi separate from Tierno and Eureka a little earlier in order to look for their missing Pokemon, meaning they didn't separate right at the fire.

And yes, that Tierno-thing was just a gag. Nothing else.

atm hint what i saw, ash and serena split with bonnie and tierno to look for the pokemons, ash protecting serena from robot(same when ash protecting serena from luxio episode)

^could someone provide a picture of the protecting part? :D

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Where do you watch the recent episodes? I cannot find them...
We stream it. Also, there were no hints. Tierno was the one who suggested to team up with Bonnie leaving Ash and Serena alone. But all in all it was mostly about Sliggoo/Goodra being a rekting machine.

Yuraenia

Huhuhu, you mean this scene, right?

https://twitter.com/serena_pokeXY/status/581036711230095360

Yeah

This Tierno ep didn't have obvious SatoSere scene, unfortunately. This heroic-like scene is the closest thing to the "moment", I think.

Yeah I guess so. In my end, the video blacked out so I didn't see anything -_-;. Thanks for the picture :) It sorta does look it :D
Yeah, no SatoSere, but their interactions were still cute :) The whole group looked like a little family Skyping a relative at the beginning of the episode

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Huhuhu, you mean this scene, right?

https://twitter.com/serena_pokeXY/status/581036711230095360

This Tierno ep didn't have obvious SatoSere scene, unfortunately. This heroic-like scene is the closest thing to the "moment", I think.

I find it curious how even though Ash throws his hands out in both directions, there's an obvious asymmetry to it. In XY054, someone playing devil's advocate could point out that the way Ash extended his arms in the same manner in both directions, and might suggest that it was meant to be a general protective stance, and one of his arms covering Serena was merely a coincidence resulting from how they were standing relative to each other up to that point.

Here, though, it looks like he made the same overall stance, but very deliberately bent and positioned his arm on his left side to accommodate Serena's presence there. This appears to be a much more deliberate gesture to shield her specifically.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

I saw a picture of Serena blushing on another site, and it seemed like she was blushing while talking to Ash near the beginning of the episode (before they met Tierno while walking)? Most likely not a hint of any kind, but I presume it was about the gym battle?

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/ojocuP4.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Yuraenia

I saw a picture of Serena blushing on another site, and it seemed like she was blushing while talking to Ash near the beginning of the episode (before they met Tierno while walking)? Most likely not a hint of any kind, but I presume it was about the gym battle?

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/ojocuP4.jpg[/img139]

Yeah that was the one I pointed out. I'll consider it a hint from Serena's side cuz the fact that she still blushes when she talks to Satoshi shows that she still likes him. Her crush has not gone away and we have another reminder of that :)

But yes, it was probably about the gym battle.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
A link would be nice^^

Agreed. Although I did find a site for the japanese episodes with subs, I'm still curious on where you guys see it.

I find it curious how even though Ash throws his hands out in both directions, there's an obvious asymmetry to it. In XY054, someone playing devil's advocate could point out that the way Ash extended his arms in the same manner in both directions, and might suggest that it was meant to be a general protective stance, and one of his arms covering Serena was merely a coincidence resulting from how they were standing relative to each other up to that point.

Here, though, it looks like he made the same overall stance, but very deliberately bent and positioned his arm on his left side to accommodate Serena's presence there. This appears to be a much more deliberate gesture to shield her specifically.

I have no idea why, because I read plenty of long winded stuff, but the first sentence of the first paragraph, I didn't understand it at all. But I think I got the basic idea: that Ash is defending Serena subtly not once, but twice. Is that it? I feel so silly that I got lost. But if it's what I said, yeah. It is an interesting thought. Probably the slow and subtle development of Ash/Satoshi that someone (or group of people?) pointed out some time ago, I don't remember who.

Could somebody please give the website-link, where you watch the episodes? I'm here hearing from everybody, who the episode is, but I cannot find one vid. Neither in japanese or with sub... Could you please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.