• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Bonnie is trying to keep things for herself for now because she wants to see how far Serena and Miette's rivalry (for Ash's heart) will go (and maybe she's enjoying it, lol). Maybe she's trying to stay out of it (for now) because she wanted Serena to work hard in order to win Ash's heart.

Anyway, anyone still remember our little discussions about how Bonnie's English VA likes Amour and how she said that Bonnie supports the pair? (You can look up the little discussion starting at p.118)

Here are some of those tweets:
https://twitter.com/AlysonRosenfeld/status/594322627931471872
https://twitter.com/amourshipper/status/593975280835776512/photo/1
https://twitter.com/AlysonRosenfeld/status/593955078530293760

Anywho, It's time for Baymax, your personal amourshipping companion, to ask some question. :D

Are you satisfied with this week's episode? Do you think that this episode is more than enough to fuel our amour train in the long run should ever we get another long hint drought?

Last edited:

AshSerena

Since Bonnie knows how Serena Feels for Ash, i can see this going to happen soon (or maybe? :p)
[IMGSIZE=200]http://i.imgur.com/poG3Dxx.png[/IMGSIZE]

since the writer show us this(i mean letting us know that bonnie knows about it) i can see a filler where Bonnie might tease Serena too or maybe teaming up with miette and both of them Teasing Serena
PS:i keep rewatching the episode but i cant stop watching, its so great! xD

Last edited:

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
Since Bonnie knows how Serena Feels for Ash, i can see this going to happen soon (or maybe? :p)
[IMGSIZE=200]http://i.imgur.com/poG3Dxx.png[/IMGSIZE]

since the writer show us this(i mean letting us know that bonnie knows about it) i can see a filler where Bonnie might tease Serena too or maybe teaming up with miette and both of them Teasing Serena

I just feel having both of them tease Serena won't be a good way to go. Like soon it'll just get boring and it will also ruin the moment considering it took a lot of pressure for Serena to tell Ash instead of waiting until she felt more confident in telling him herself, that way it'll seem cuter and will show she's built confidence and not being some what frustrated with the teasing that she just tells him to make it stop, if you see what I mean?

TheEnigmatic97

A Random Passerby
Well, a few teases coming from our adorable lemon-blonde girl will help only if they are kept at a minimal level, just to keep the things hot. In my opinion, the situation would really become awkward if the two are sitting together as always, and then suddenly, when you are enjoying your time together, someone teases you and it could go two ways, someone drops a hint, or we're going to have some words flying to that person. This is the reason why I don't tease people I feel that are about to become a couple. I know two whose situation became that awkward because of all the teasing they get and they cut their relationship just to make it stop. And as Ross451 said, everything would just become boring... and everything would look forced. Seriously, where would the fun come from if the actions of Ash and Serena are not spontaneous and just forced because of outside forces they can't control. (Unless, the writers have better plans huehuehue...)

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
Well, a few teases coming from our adorable lemon-blonde girl will help only if they are kept at a minimal level, just to keep the things hot. In my opinion, the situation would really become awkward if the two are sitting together as always, and then suddenly, when you are enjoying your time together, someone teases you and it could go two ways, someone drops a hint, or we're going to have some words flying to that person. This is the reason why I don't tease people I feel that are about to become a couple. I know two whose situation became that awkward because of all the teasing they get and they cut their relationship just to make it stop. And as Ross451 said, everything would just become boring... and everything would look forced. Seriously, where would the fun come from if the actions of Ash and Serena are not spontaneous and just forced because of outside forces they can't control. (Unless, the writers have better plans huehuehue...)

In my opinion the only way i would accept it to seem kinda forced is if they writers could play it off well, like not making it too forced but to a sense where the Bonnie and Clemont would kind of support Serena and help her gain confidence, I would accept teasing but as long as it's not too repetitive other wise it would just get too boring and easily predictable, I would be great for them to encourage Serena but i would also like to see Serena gain her own courage because it'll also show great character development and would make the ship more fascinating the watch :)

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
This might sound dumb but does anyone notice the parallels between the XY series and Zoey 101? I mean Zoey had no real sense of romance and was as oblivious to Chase liking her as Ash is right now towards Serena. Both of Chase's friends knew he was in love with Zoey and now Bonnie knows that Serena loves Ash. Heck both shows have science nerds whose inventions always fail and blow up. Hopefully the end result to Amourshipping is similar to that of Zoey and Chase.

Sorry for this idiotic post but I felt I had to make it.

It's perfectly fine to compare romance in Pokémon to other TV shows. We can get a better sense of how it could end. Also, don't worry to much about your post being idiotic; as long as it involves Amourshipping and doesn't offend anyone your good. :)

Would you rather see Serena in the master class for the tripokalon before the kalos league or after the league?
Before. If epiosde 60 and 80 were any indication I think that Serena's dream is tied in with Amour. The Master class and all the performances before that could just keep adding on to Amour. And when the league comes, which happens to be Ash's dream... we could get a possible canonization.

The way the pacing has been going for Serena's development in the tripokalon's basically 20 episodes since the first tripokalon(episode 60), do you think they should have Serena enter tripokalons a lot sooner or just keep the pacing for the tripokalons where it's at?
Maybe just a little faster. Like every 15 episodes.

IMO, Bonnie might only watch how things are going to play out until everything has been revealed to Ash. The last episode made me believe that Bonnie had already known for a long time now (maybe it all began when she 1st noticed of Serena's unusual behavior during Ash's gym match against Grant). She'd probably enjoy watching some heated battles between Miette and Serena and she might give some remarks about it as well as to Ash's density level. If my theory is correct about Bonnie knowing for a long while now, perhaps she's not saying anything because she wanted Serena to be stronger and confident of her feelings for Ash and perhaps, she's cheering for Serena inside her own thoughts.

Last edited:

platane_hakase

This might sound dumb but does anyone notice the parallels between the XY series and Zoey 101? I mean Zoey had no real sense of romance and was as oblivious to Chase liking her as Ash is right now towards Serena. Both of Chase's friends knew he was in love with Zoey and now Bonnie knows that Serena loves Ash. Heck both shows have science nerds whose inventions always fail and blow up. Hopefully the end result to Amourshipping is similar to that of Zoey and Chase.

Actually such cases of secret crush are a somewhat widespread theme in stories. In Phineas & Ferb, the former is oblivious to Isabella interest in him; TV Tropes list many more instances.

Anyway, I just had the funniest thought: Now that Bonnie seems to know about Amour, can you guys see her trying to find sneaky ways to get Ash and Serena alone together and then spying on them? XD Cause I sure can.

It could be, but I think that she don't need to try to let them alone. She could just observe how Serena tries to impress Satoshi.

Questions:

Would you rather see Serena in the master class for the tripokalon before the kalos league or after the league?

and

The way the pacing has been going for Serena's development in the tripokalon's basically 20 episodes since the first tripokalon(episode 60), do you think they should have Serena enter tripokalons a lot sooner or just keep the pacing for the tripokalons where it's at?

a) Before. She could be a special attraction to the league, presenting it as the new Kalos Queen.

But if there will be an Shiten'nō/Elite Four arc, then it would be more interesting to postpone the Kalos Queen contest to after Kalos league.

b) I'm ok with the present pacing. It could be accelerated just a little bit if the writers are thinking to make her fail a couple of times more. So she would take part in 5 or 6 contests do get 3 princess keys.

Are you satisfied with this week's episode? Do you think that this episode is more than enough to fuel our amour train in the long run should ever we get another long hint drought?

a) I can't think how I could be more satisfied now (only in the future with the AS canonization).

b) For me, yes. But, knowing the ASer, well, if only two or three episodes goes without hints, they will be claiming for Serena's blushing and Satoshi's compliments. Probably they will be in withdrawal syndrome state even with this time lag till next episode. : D

#AmourWins

P.S. I found a "storify" with screenshots from the last ep. 80(79).

Last edited:

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
I'm just going act a number of questions about the ship feel free to answer I want your most honest answer if you do and also be optimistic and creative.

1: If this ship were to go forward what would you like to see that involves development?

2: Do you think having Ash and Serena battle each other in official pair matches would help improve the ship?

3: Do you feel like there's something that is holding Serena back from telling Ash how she feels? (No writers taking their time)

4: What do you think would help Ash become somewhat less oblivious to how Serena feels? (Allowing him to become older, letting him focus a bit more on Serena, having concentrate less on battling, that kind of stuff)

5: If there was a place where Serena were to tell Ash how she felt where would it be for you? (Mine would be back where Professor Oaks camp was where they first met)

Geodude

2. I think they could battle in the context of Ash helping Serena with one of her Pokemon. For example, if it's having trouble learning/mastering a new move, or having trouble getting used to its new body after evolution. Ash would know that Serena isn't primarily a battler, but I could definitely see him suggest a battle as a way to solve that problem. Or if those things aren't a problem, a battle could give her ideas for her next performance. Dawn and May used to do that sometimes.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
IMO, Bonnie might only watch how things are going to play out until everything has been revealed to Ash.

I agree. Other than that, I don't think she'll work on making the ship any stronger quite honestly: To me she and other characters are essentially non-entities since I've always maintained that AmourShipping's progress should revolve around Ash and Serena only, not third parties. We have Serena giving us ton of hints already, so I'm in no rush to see when she'll eventually confess.

ashsfuture

3: Yes I do believe there is something that is holding Serena back from telling Ash her feelings multiple things as a matter of fact

one being that Serena from time to time still is nervous and shy around Ash and that's understandable when you like/love someone so much that you want to tell them how you feel it's hard to do that for anyone

then another thing is that as of right now, I believe Serena is just enjoying the fact that she gets to share her very first journey with Ash, and that means a lot to her, she even wanted to know from Ash if they would always be together, meaning that she wants to stay by his side

but the biggest thing that holds her back is her and Ash's dream, ever since Serena has been traveling(reunited) with Ash, she has seen how hard he has been working towards his dream to become pokemon master by entering the Kalos league and that gave Serena the inspiration to discover her dream as a pokemon performer to become Kalos Queen and since that time Serena has been training and showing all of us how determined she is to reach her dream. Now have her feelings for Ash gotten in the way of her dream no! her feelings have worked along side her dream even where her feelings for him were a part of her resolve as a pokemon performer(the blue ribbon). So with all this the only thing that I can say is that lets just see what happens when Ash and Serena have finished their main events.

another thing is the potential goodbye, but that subject will not be touched

Almost forgot

Congratulations on your first princess key victory Serena you "Never Gave Up Until The End" and you deserved it go and reach your dream future Kalos Queen!!!

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
I'm just going act a number of questions about the ship feel free to answer I want your most honest answer if you do and also be optimistic and creative.

1: If this ship were to go forward what would you like to see that involves development?

2: Do you think having Ash and Serena battle each other in official pair matches would help improve the ship?

3: Do you feel like there's something that is holding Serena back from telling Ash how she feels? (No writers taking their time)

4: What do you think would help Ash become somewhat less oblivious to how Serena feels? (Allowing him to become older, letting him focus a bit more on Serena, having concentrate less on battling, that kind of stuff)

5: If there was a place where Serena were to tell Ash how she felt where would it be for you? (Mine would be back where Professor Oaks camp was where they first met)

1) I would like to see Ash hints, Ash being appreciative of Serena's company, and Ash asking for support from Serena. I can't say much about Serena's development because it's been developed to the max. There's just nothing left other than a confession that we need for Serena's development.

2) Maybe. I don't really know.

3) Yes. The fact that no one feels comfortable telling someone they have a crush on them and fear of being friend-zoned.

4) Hm. Winning the Kalos league. He would have nothing left to do in life, so why not get involved in romance? I suppose getting older could help too.

5) After he wins the Kalos league.
Cause that's when #AmourWillWin.

Ellis

サトセレ結婚
Even though we have Bonnie added into the mix now, I would personally like to see Ash and Serena bring different emotions out of each other during times when they're separated from the group. This would be difficult to do to Serena, but for Ash, it would be good to see him begin to think extensively about love and relationships, adding extra depth to his personality development. This is something I could see happening when the two are alone with each other. Last time we had this kind of situation (can't remember the episode number, but when Serena helped Ash's injured ankle) the two both spoke about their dreams. They have a very close bond, and so the chance is always there for them to speak about their emotions in more depth. As for going forward, this sort of scenario would depend on Ash's ability to comprehend the idea of romance fully.

I'm struggling to think of how it would improve the ship, but certainly from Ash's perspective he would be able understand Serena more though battling.

As with any crush, the fear of rejection is always somewhat present. As we've seen with Miette's teasing, she has a tendency to panic slightly in those sort of situations. If she over-thinks then it's a given that she's worried about Ash not responding in the way she would want him to. She also has the issue in the fact that Ash has remained seemingly oblivious of what she feels. Alongside the focus she puts towards her dream, she may be waiting for the moment in which all of her attention can turn towards Ash, and Ash can turn all of his attention towards her. Maybe she's looking for the moment where the two aren't preoccupied with matters such as their own goals.

Bringing Bonnie back into the equation, her assertive nature is bound to leap forward and confront Ash about love and his obliviousness. Ash will always have a burning passion for battling, although you could say the same for his eating habits. If the two were to bake together then that brings Serena into his 'passion', diverting more attention to her. Alas though, that's a FanFiction waiting to happen.

Realistically I could see it being at Professor Oak's camp in Pallet Town. It's the ideal place to rekindle the memories of when they met. That would be the most personal scenario. Despite this there are various landmarks in Kalos where the two can share a moment, but Pallet Town is special in holding the most memories, it would be the ideal place for an emotional scene.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix

1. More hints from Ash, this ship can't go far if Ash is still dense as he is. If maybe he started noticing his feelings and drop a few hints but doesn't actually noticed them himself, that would be great.

2. Yes actually, didn't Ash said something about he would only know how a trainer feels is through a Pokemon battle? Like how Serena's feelings for Ash would be incorporated into how she battles, and that's how Ash would know about Serena's feelings.

3. The timing, she doesn't know when's the perfect time to tell Ash about his feelings, if she didn't care about the timing she would have already confessed and we wouldn't be here.

4. Spending more time with Serena, I know this is a very unlikely scenario but I just want Ash and Serena to just talk a bit more, like back at the Summer Camp when they fell off the cliff.

5. I'd say the top of the Prism Tower. Cause you know Prism Tower =Effel Tower = Paris = City of Love.

I agree. Other than that, I don't think she'll work on making the ship any stronger quite honestly: To me she and other characters are essentially non-entities since I've always maintained that AmourShipping's progress should revolve around Ash and Serena only, not third parties. We have Serena giving us ton of hints already, so I'm in no rush to see when she'll eventually confess.

Yep, Bonnie might not involve herself between Ash and Serena. If she were to show some hints for amour it will only be obvious to the viewers.

I just really want to see some development on Ash's side. While he does show a lot of unique and great hints, I still think that it's important that Ash shows some sign of affection for Serena.

Maybe a little bit. Ash enjoys battles and I'm sure that she would like to take on Serena and I'm sure that Serena will not hold back against him. This could lead to a stronger bond between them.
If any, it's the fear of rejection. Until she overcomes that, Serena will not confess.
It's really hard for Ash to be less oblivious of Serena's feelings, especially if Serena is only giving vague hints (well on Ash's POV). IMO, the only way that Ash will actually know is if she actually confess or if someone or something were to tell him in a more obvious manner.

Definitely in Prof. Oak's summer camp. Where it all began will be the best place for amourshipping to finally sail to canonization. I'm sure it will also be dramatic.

platane_hakase

1) Serena's internal monologue about her feelings toward Satoshi and/or she talking about it with Eureka. Satoshi's more substantial hint could be left for a more advanced time.

2) Not much. Maybe during battle training, with Satoshi coaching Serena about pokémons' movements and how to make them work together.

3) As many here have already answered: fear of rejection. It is something that prevents most declaration in real life. Similar to the fact that many people fear medical exams.

4) Besides Serena's declaration, there are some things that could help on it. E.g. someone else asking Satoshi what he think about her.

5) On the stage where she receive Kalos Queen title. Professor Oak's camp is a good place too. And Lumiose City. And her house. Well, almost anywhere could fit. Even thou I don't think that a declaration is necessary to make the ship canon.

#AmourWins

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa

1. Ash must show more obvious signs; it doesn't necessarily need to be directly at Serena but something that shows that Ash deeply cares for her like someone asking about Serena and Ash saying something that suggests he loves her that he himself might not even know it does.

2. I don't know about battling against each other but rather alongside each other in a double battle. Something like there being a double battle tournament similar to the one he entered with Paul. Ash would initially ask Clemont to team with him but Clemont would then point out that because he is a gym leader, he can't participate so he asks Serena instead. Since it's been suggested that a trainer's Pokemon reflect their trainer's personality, we could find out a little bit about how Ash feels depending on if he is prone to command his Pokemon to take attacks for Serena's or something of the sort. I would love to see this but I doubt it will ever happen.

3. Ash's density is a big factor and as others have said the fear of rejection.

4. I think Ash's other companions (and maybe even Team Rocket somewhat) are going to have to play a big role in that, though others disagree.

5. By the very same tree in Pallet Town where they first met, it would be way too cute for me to handle.

Last edited:

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
I'm struggling to think of how it would improve the ship, but certainly from Ash's perspective he would be able understand Serena more though battling.

Maybe if they were to battle together they may gain a stronger bond with each other considering they're good friends and maybe it'll make Serena become more confident with Ash. Also remember when Dawn use to battle with Ash? They became close friends maybe it'll work even better for Serena considering the feelings are already there maybe Ash will begin to get feelings as well, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Maybe if they were to battle together they may gain a stronger bond with each other considering they're good friends and maybe it'll make Serena become more confident with Ash. Also remember when Dawn use to battle with Ash? They became close friends maybe it'll work even better for Serena considering the feelings are already there maybe Ash will begin to get feelings as well, if that makes sense.

Perhaps a double battle would strengthen thier bonds? That would be an interesting episode if it happens.

By the way guys, KGPrestige has just released another Amourshipping discussion video, this time it's almost TWO HOURS LONG. So grab some popcorn and a drink folks, you'll be on your bed for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.