• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
We're talking a lot about Amour's distant future on this thread, but I feel like the near future can provide us with some fine shipping material as well.
Do you guys think the upcoming episode (The one with Moltres) will have some nice hints?
I know it's been already discussed, but some new information about the episode has been released, which allows us to think up new theories :)

Well, he is going to jump into a volcano to save Talonflame, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be some sort of shot of a worried Serena

Veens

Well, he is going to jump into a volcano to save Talonflame, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be some sort of shot of a worried Serena

Yeah, what I'd like to see is that Ash gets hurt (only a little) and that Serena tends Ash's wounds afterwards. (like in one of the Camp Sycamore episodes)
Having said that, I don't believe that'll happen, because Clemont, Bonnie and Trevor are there too.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Let's see:
-Red saved Yellow prior to the beginning of Yellow's journey. Ash saved Serena prior to the beginning of their journeys
-Yellow went out on a mission (ordered by Blue/Green) to find the missing Red. Serena went out on a journey to find Ash
-Both Yellow and Serena wore a straw hat
-Yellow have feelings for Red. Serena have feelings for Ash
-Both village idiots are oblivious to what the girls feel for them
-Yellow never argued with Red. Serena never argued with Ash.

The only thing that's missing for Ash and Serena is that red-string of fate. XD
Then again, they have that blue ribbon :X

The last one is almost accurate. Serena is yet to argue with Satoshi. I'm not saying it should happen. It's just not in our ability to judge immediately whether or not Satoshi and Serena are going to engage in an argument. XY hasn't ended yet, so there is a lot of possibilities. And the string is white because it's from Caterpie.

The only difference I can think of between these two ships is that Red sees Yellow as a boy. I'd laugh really hard if this also applies to Amour xD

Off topic. Take note that I'm giving out warnings to those who break the rules without notice. You already know who you are, outlaws. I'm not giving anymore heads up.

So for the next few upcoming episodes that's going to air pretty soon, which ones of these episodes do you see that has the most potential in AmourShipping? and why?

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Really, shouldn't be watching an episode just for the shipping bits. You'll be in for quite the disappointment time and time again. Better to get those little moments as they come in, as it gives a bit more shock value. Also have to avoid temptation to overhype stuff. Like in the next episode, really don't expect much at all. Maybe a little thing at most, but that's not the main focus of the episode. Would be entertaining when Millfeui comes back later on, just to pull off more teasing jabs. Got a few good jabs in her last appearance, each one getting Serena all red in the face. Would be amusing if Millfeui and Bonnie were to team up for some more ship teasing mayhem.

And again, really not going to see anything from Ash's end anytime soon because honestly, one decent level cue on his side pretty much puts them into the point of no return for sure, as they would be going after the bottlenecking point

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Really, shouldn't be watching an episode just for the shipping bits. You'll be in for quite the disappointment time and time again. Better to get those little moments as they come in

I disagree. At least episodes that have AmourShipping bait revealed ahead of time give us major hints like the date episode, whereas surprise hints in ordinary episodes are usually small and don't appease us enough in my view. I think we're overdue for heavy shipping material though, so I hope we get another date episode soon.

And again, really not going to see anything from Ash's end anytime soon because honestly, one decent level cue on his side pretty much puts them into the point of no return for sure, as they would be going after the bottlenecking point

I really want to see something from Ash though. So far he's still clueless about what's going on, and yes hintfloods from Serena are nice and cute and all yada yada, but without solid Ash hints this shipping really gives me an incomplete feeling. Plus like you said, there's a point of no return, and I would love it if the writers are willing to cross that point (even though they already kind of crossed it).

Commander Wrex

I am sensing a bit of apprehension in this thread. No offense, but I think some of us are asking a bit too much from the writers for more hints. Remember, this is a show about adventure and NOT about romance. And we aren't even 10 episodes far from the previous showcase episode which had a generous amount of Amour hints/moments (lacking on Ash's end or otherwise). And even the Mamoswine episode isn't exactly empty, though the hints were very subtle.

There are other watchers of the anime that aren't in it for the shipping as well, regardless of shipping alliance that they may have had. Stuffing the show with a bit more Amour or romance in general may distance this portion of the fanbase, and I can't say I disagree with that concern.

I do understand why we all may have some concerns of the progression of Amour, however. Partly it's because of the past 2 months - not about the content of the shows, but more so of the fact that we did have 2 weeks of nothing being on, so the show did slow a bit. It's also because Ash, for all the hints that Serena has displayed over the course of the show, has not shown a direct hint to reciprocate these feelings back. And while it is a concern, I also think that overworrying about this fact may be a bit of an overreaction. Again, the show isn't about Amourshipping, or the character development isn't centered on the romantic development of Amour. It's still Pokémon, still a kids' show, so I think we need to take a step back for the time being.

While Ash is closing in on qualifying for the League, there is still a year left of the show (or so) and another XY-based movie in the horizon so we should really just be (stay) patient and see how the rest of the saga unfolds. That way if the show disappoints on Amour, it wouldn't hurt as much for committing too much time on it. And conversely, if it DOESN'T disappoint, then the results will be extremely satisfying.

#stepbackandenjoytheride @ aboard Amour ship (lame but true)

Last edited:
I am sensing a bit of apprehension in this thread. No offense, but I think some of us are asking a bit too much from the writers for more hints. Remember, this is a show about adventure and NOT about romance. And we aren't even 10 episodes far from the previous showcase episode which had a generous amount of Amour hints/moments (lacking on Ash's end or otherwise). And even the Mamoswine episode isn't exactly empty, though the hints were very subtle.

There are other watchers of the anime that aren't in it for the shipping as well, regardless of shipping alliance that they may have had. Stuffing the show with a bit more Amour or romance in general may distance this portion of the fanbase, and I can't say I disagree with that concern.

I do understand why we all may have some concerns of the progression of Amour, however. Partly it's because of the past 2 months - not about the content of the shows, but more so of the fact that we did have 2 weeks of nothing being on, so the show did slow a bit. It's also because Ash, for all the hints that Serena has displayed over the course of the show, has not shown a direct hint to reciprocate these feelings back. And while it is a concern, I also think that overworrying about this fact may be a bit of an overreaction. Again, the show isn't about Amourshipping, or the character development isn't centered on the romantic development of Amour. It's still Pokémon, still a kids' show, so I think we need to take a step back for the time being.

While Ash is closing in on qualifying for the League, there is still a year left of the show (or so) and another XY-based movie in the horizon so we should really just be (stay) patient and see how the rest of the saga unfolds. That way if the show disappoints on Amour, it wouldn't hurt as much for committing too much time on it. And conversely, if it DOESN'T disappoint, then the results will be extremely satisfying.

Ugh, the ugly truth.

But meanwhile, since XY is about at its half way point, I still really do hope for some minor hints from Ash's side. That way we can be reassured and don't have to worry about so many things, as we do now.

Well, in some people's defense, I don't think anyone has been asking too much from the writers. So far, everyone's expectations are close to realistic in terms of what this show can offer. I mean, it's not like anyone is asking for a kissing scene or two. Everyone has been expecting not so much of a hint such as concerns and blushes but other than that, I don't think everyone has been asking for big hints.

I understand that sometimes, the conversations in this thread tends to go a bit too far from what the show can do and instead turns into a fanfiction material but I don't see anyone ever saying that the writers should make a big hint nor anyone is complaining of the lack of big shots.

Point is, everyone had been loyal to the show's nature so far and that no one (yet) had expected too much for the shipping. Everytime an episode draw near, especially if it's not really a shippy one, most would simply say, "I'm not expecting much today" or "given the episode's nature, we won't be seeing any hints" or something like that.

About the future of the shipping, it's true that we should just simply sit back and enjoy as we come close to the series' conclusion although, sometimes, it makes some of us wonder of what the ship's future will be. most of us tend to give a what-if scenario and while I think it gets a bit too far sometimes, I don't think anyone is pushing the writers to make it happen. It's more like "I wonder if the writers are capable of doing this" kind of stuff, not the "omg! Writers, you better make this happen" thing.

As for the Ash hints, it doesn't concern me at all. In fact I enjoyed all the hints he had provided since Serena's 2nd performance. I don't think it's necessary for him to display any signs of affection at this time although, sometimes I can't help but to think that what he had given for the ship so far has been extremely remarkable. I mean, Ash's contribution to the ship is something any other Ashxfemale shippers would wish for their own (sorry multi-Ashshippers no offense intended).

Anyway, I am very satisfied with whatever we are getting so far and I'm pretty sure the same goes to the rest of us here. I'm not really seeing anyone complaining of any lack of hints nor anyone is saying that the writers should come up with something big soon. I think everyone is chilling out while the ship is sailing smoothly but if there are really any others out there complaining of any lack of hints then maybe you should look back at the previous episodes and count all the hints we've been getting this far.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Remember, this is a show about adventure and NOT about romance.

I've been saying this since 2013, though it doesn't exactly stop me from hoping for more shipping hints to make the ship stronger. I mean the show has changed a bit in XY and even if it's unlikely, more focus on the human elements like Ash and Serena's friendship would be great. I don't expect Ash to have a crush on Serena right now, but I wish we'd slowly see that develop. :p

ashsfuture

I understand that every single one of us that are a part of this Amourshipping community want hints and that's fine, but we don't need hints just coming in all the time to the point where were like can we slow down with all the hints, cause then it's going to feel like Amourshipping is taking majority of the focus and we don't want that, mainly cause Amourshipping brings something very special to the anime these feelings we see Serena has for Ash and how Ash just treats Serena.

Then you have to look at how Amourshipping been handled throughout XY, during the first half Serena's journey begins basically wants to reunite with Ash and give him his handkerchief back, she didn't have a goal yet just wanted to get away from her mother and ryhorn racing, so Ash gave her that chance to open up a whole new world of possibilities for her and during this arc of finding her goal we see her feelings for Ash grow to the point where we might see an actual confession from her.

Second half of XY(where we are now) Serena discover's her dream to become Kalos Queen, pretty much inherits Ash's Never give up attitude to convey her feelings for her dream to her mother, so this is where hints start to slow down(this is a good thing) giving more focus on her dream, but at the same time her feelings for Ash are still being focused on. To where she takes what Ash taught her and uses it for her first performance, and in the end to make things better she now is constantly wearing a blue ribbon that Ash gave her to pretty much show us that her feelings for Ash are so strong to the point that she's basically in love with Ash. So every week from now on we have a amourshipping hint. So even if we haven't gotten a lot of hints now like we did in the first half of XY, that shouldn't be anything to worry about just look at episode 80,82,83 we got plenty to hold us. thanks to Miette and Bonnie

Now Amourshipping should have a good amount of focus once Ash and Serena finish with what they were going for, this will give them a chance to figure out what they're going to do next and what does the future hold for them and this could give Serena that chance to tell Ash how she feels. So always remember we have a hint every week "The Blue Ribbon" In the end Amourshipping is processing at a steady pace and I have enjoyed all the hints we've gotten in XY from Ash and Serena.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've been saying this since 2013, though it doesn't exactly stop me from hoping for more shipping hints to make the ship stronger. I mean the show has changed a bit in XY and even if it's unlikely, more focus on the human elements like Ash and Serena's friendship would be great. I don't expect Ash to have a crush on Serena right now, but I wish we'd slowly see that develop. :p

I do feel that Ash and Serena's friendship is something that hasn't quite reached its full potential. This is a big reason why I'm not as into the ship right now as I used to be. It's also why I would love Serena to travel with Ash to the next region with him and do something that has a battling element so that they can grow in their friendship more that way. I'm not completely alienated from the S.S. Amour, I'm still watching it from the dock.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
In terms of this amour-shipping, Ash doesn't seem to show any signs of showing feelings for Serena despite her having a crush on him and he is ten years old by the way. I don't think or believe that Ash would have the same feelings with her and this is a show about adventure instead of romance. So I reckon that she would admit her crush to him at some point but he would say that he doesn't see her in that way and they both agree to just be friends. That is my opinion on the matter.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Tottaly expecting a kissing scene in the next episode.

Well, in some people's defense, I don't think anyone has been asking too much from the writers. So far, everyone's expectations are close to realistic in terms of what this show can offer. I mean, it's not like anyone is asking for a kissing scene or two.

Nope, not me.

If there was a new series where Ash and Serena were married and had kids what would you want to see happen in this new series?
I think it would be cool to have Ash's original companions kids travel with Ash's son across the new region. I'd like to see the protagonist (Ash's kid) be a teenager, and have the show focus more on adult concepts. I'm sick of the "friendship is magic" message. That they clearly stole from My Little Pony I would instead like them to focus more on the messages the game actually protrays. (i.e. Tampering with nature, Brain or Brawn/ Land or Water, Ideals or Truth... etc)

If they have a son would you want to see him follow in ash's footsteps?/if a daughter see her following in Serena's footsteps?
Why not both? They could be rivals.

Would Serena be a movie star or a model? to add along side her being Kalos Queen
I just don't see why.

Would Ash being traveling or would he part of the elite 4 or a frontier brain?
The Champion! And at the end his son could battle him.

I don't think we're expecting to many hints. But when there is a chance, we spring on it and discuss. Besides, even if we do predict to many hints, why does it matter? I know a lot of you guys think we'll be crushed if our expectations aren't met, but this thread has shown time and time again that we'll just brush it off and wait till next time. Basically, we can afford to overpredict hints. And I don't think anyone here wants the anime stuffed with hints. We just want to think out all the possibilities. That's one of the reasons this thread exists.
"We must believe in possibilities or there are none."
#stepbackandenjoytheride/possibilities

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa
Anyway, I am very satisfied with whatever we are getting so far and I'm pretty sure the same goes to the rest of us here. I'm not really seeing anyone complaining of any lack of hints nor anyone is saying that the writers should come up with something big soon. I think everyone is chilling out while the ship is sailing smoothly but if there are really any others out there complaining of any lack of hints then maybe you should look back at the previous episodes and count all the hints we've been getting this far.

I completely agree with this sentiment. If anyone says that there aren't enough hints, they have their expectations set way too high. If you binge watch the whole series thus far from 1-85, you'll see just how often Amour is brought up. I think what makes people think hint droughts are longer than they actually are, is the fact that because each episode is one week apart, we only get 4-5 episodes a month. So if they go 5/6 episodes without a solid hint, that's a month-and-a-half waiting period. But if you're watching the episodes all in a row, (within a 2 hour period) it feels much more frequent. So if any of you are feeling really depressed about the ships future, I suggest you watch a ten episode block, any ten episode block, e.g 50-59' 60-69 etc. you'll see that they aren't forgetting about it.

MARCOD1091

I completely agree with this sentiment. If anyone says that there aren't enough hints, they have their expectations set way too high. If you binge watch the whole series thus far from 1-85, you'll see just how often Amour is brought up. I think what makes people think hint droughts are longer than they actually are, is the fact that because each episode is one week apart, we only get 4-5 episodes a month. So if they go 5/6 episodes without a solid hint, that's a month-and-a-half waiting period. But if you're watching the episodes all in a row, (within a 2 hour period) it feels much more frequent. So if any of you are feeling really depressed about the ships future, I suggest you watch a ten episode block, any ten episode block, e.g 50-59' 60-69 etc. you'll see that they aren't forgetting about it.

I 100% agree with you, and the idea you proposed. I have personal experience. I went on a x and y anime spree that lasted about 3 days from episode 1 to 81 ( because I am a late bloomer to the x and y series) and I felt that a hint was dropped every 10 minutes, when you watch the series non stop they come dropping in, even if there is a 1 to 2 episode gap. Unlike when you have to wait a week.

Master Quest

Let's do it
I am surprised that many of the armourshippers wants to see a time skip as the real fun is in following the journey and not in suddenly seeing them get married and having a child
However,I dont't think a new protagonist is gonna work as many of the fans will stop watching and he/she will have to win in first or scound time which makes champion league anavoidable or they can change the Pokémon league system but change is what they fear the most.also changing the character after every league will not work a today's kids seem disintrested in Pokémon.I don't think they will change ash after 18 years if they had to they would have done that in BW.
even if ratings are a secoundary factor they will reach a decision point as ratings are not picking up where they can either continue to reset him or try a new protagonist or make the anime independent and advertise the games differently if they do.it will also give them chance to show unlimited creativity.OR they are far sighted enough to make the anime great now.however that is unlikely to happen.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
I am surprised that many of the armourshippers wants to see a time skip as the real fun is in following the journey and not in suddenly seeing them get married and having a child
However,I dont't think a new protagonist is gonna work as many of the fans will stop watching and he/she will have to win in first or scound time which makes champion league anavoidable or they can change the Pokémon league system but change is what they fear the most.also changing the character after every league will not work a today's kids seem disintrested in Pokémon.I don't think they will change ash after 18 years if they had to they would have done that in BW.
even if ratings are a secoundary factor they will reach a decision point as ratings are not picking up where they can either continue to reset him or try a new protagonist or make the anime independent and advertise the games differently if they do.it will also give them chance to show unlimited creativity.OR they are far sighted enough to make the anime great now.however that is unlikely to happen.

Actually I think some fans would take interest in the show if a new protagonist is introduced in the series. This will give a fresh new start for the show with the new protagonist coming from the new region. I mean we are all sick and tired of Ash losing every league he's been to. He has gained so much experience about battles (although he was nerfed at the start of BW). I think it's the time for him to win a league. His goal isn't clear to us as whether him winning a league makes him a Pokemon Master or not. As of now, I think his main focus is becoming the Champion.

The chance of Ash winning the league is still low but increased a bit as the writers have broken some old patterns that the previous series have done in my opinion (Pikachu shocking Pokegirl's bikes or themselves,water-type starter curse, etc).

About the hints that we've gotten as of now, I didn't expect that we'll be getting some more after the Showcase episode. Subtle but good. Still don't get your hopes high as we still have a long way to go.

A little help...
I'm on a hunt for good Amour fanfics, can anyone suggest me some good ones? Characters must not be OOC and no tragic endings please.

Last edited:

I really like Ash but I think it's about time he finally steps down as the main character. It'd be sad once his journey ends but I don't want him to be stuck in this loophole forever. Going on a new region with Pikachu, catching new Pokemon and earn badges only to lose the league (all this just because of marketing). I think many fans will appreciate it if Ash's journey ends rather than him going on and doing the same thing over and over again. For once, I think many fans will want some changes in the series and I'm sure a lot will be more than happy once he's been replaced by a new character.

Personally, I wanted Ash to finally end his adventures, not because I'm sick and tired of the same thing he does over and over again, but rather, I feel like he deserves to finally win a league. While it's not his ultimate goal, I still think that winning a league would be a grand ending for Ash.

Amourshipping wise, ending Ash's journey will increase the ship's chances of going canon compared to the chances of Serena going with Ash on the next region.

Of course, I won't expect that Ash's journey will finally end in Kalos but I think it's finally time that he steps down as the main character. It gives way to a new protagonist and we may see plenty of changes in the story and it gives big chances for amourshipping to finally go canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.