• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashsfuture

Since we don't seem to have anything to get excited over Amour-wise, I'll put up a topic.
Are there any things about Amourshipping that you don't like?
Um... Sorry to anyone who might take offense to this question. Not that I think anyone here would, but I've learned how sensitive the Internet is the hard way recently.

there's no need to ask a question like this, the only answer to this question is why hasn't Ash noticed Serena's feelings for him, note: I will say Ash is dense, but the only reason he hasn't noticed anything is because Serena is hiding her feelings, mainly because Serena doesn't want to tell him yet and doesn't have the confidence to tell him.

Unless Serena does what Hinata did when she confessed to Naruto!

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
there's no need to ask a question like this, the only answer to this question is why hasn't Ash noticed Serena's feelings for him, note: I will say Ash is dense, but the only reason he hasn't noticed anything is because Serena is hiding her feelings, mainly because Serena doesn't want to tell him yet and doesn't have the confidence to tell him.

Unless Serena does what Hinata did when she confessed to Naruto!

Let's not forget that Ash is denser than a neutron star. Even if Serena DID confess, some random Amour-hating plot twist will block it out from Ash, or even stop Serena from confessing altogether!

Also, the next episode of XY&Z has been revealed. Basically, Bonnie names the Zygarde Core "Puni-Chan ('Squishy' in ENG)", and a wild Quilladin attacks Ash and Co. I think Clemont's Chespin will evolve in that episode, as well.

[IMGSIZE=500]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/pokemon/images/e/ef/Squishyxyz.png/revision/latest?cb=20151009234604[/IMGSIZE]

EDIT: Lol, I just had to.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Since we don't seem to have anything to get excited over Amour-wise, I'll put up a topic.
Um... Sorry to anyone who might take offense to this question. Not that I think anyone here would, but I've learned how sensitive the Internet is the hard way recently.

There really is nothing wrong with a question like this. No relationship is perfect.

I know this anime is not big on love, but the pacing of this ships is horrendous. It tends to cause a ton of romantic arc fatigue. That, and Ash's density is strong enough to trap Superboy Prime. We need a miracle. Personally, I'd love to see an episode where a psychic mon decides to mess with his mind.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

I'm not offended by it, though I am kinda surprised you posted it :p

Anyway, I don't like how opposite Ash and Serena are. In fact, I hate it so, so so freaking much that it alone was enough to keep me only "somewhat" supporting the ship. I don't "not believe" in opposites attract, I'm just against it and think that considering Ash's personality, he'd be more into someone who had more in common with him.

Also, and this one is obvious, I don't like that at the start of the saga, Ash's density was at 100%, and as of now, it is still about 100%. Nothing else needs to be said I don't think.

there's no need to ask a question like this, the only answer to this question is why hasn't Ash noticed Serena's feelings for him,

Lolwat? -_-

Last edited:

Master Quest

Let's do it

I think this is a good question because it help us to point out certain things that we don't generally mention and gain more insight.

I don't have any problems with the ship right now i just want the process of reducing ash's density to start soon because then only the ship can get a real romantic feel and things can get interesting.

Anyway, I don't like how opposite Ash and Serena are. In fact, I hate it so, so so freaking much that it alone was enough to keep me only "somewhat" supporting the ship. I don't "not believe" in opposites attract, I'm just against it and think that considering Ash's personality, he'd be more into someone who had more in common with him.

Ash is very dense and most of the boys are like that, Serena is very shy and that's how many of the girls are, So the ship seems pretty realistic to me.Ash influences Serena a lot and Serena does the same to ash.Since both Ash and Serena are a bit different from each other it gives a perfect opportunity for writers to handle both of their development in a mature manner,Ash already acts so mature when interacting with Serena.So i think Serena is just perfect for Ash and them being a bit different is not much of a problem.

matthew11

8000 MMR
okay i dont know if this is bad news for us Amourshipper but.... it seems Akemi Omode wrote on her Twitter that after the 3 Serena Arc episode, her work is done for this Year.. means this year we will not see any more episodes that written by Omode-san(means no more hint?) i hope this is not the end of Amourship :(
is this what she mean about changing atmosphere when XY&Z started? i think when she said ominous mood... i hope she's not talking about amourship..(sorry but i have really bad feeling about this one..)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ0PzGdWsAEYIY5.jpg:large

Taking a break, perhaps?
Come on, we've already experienced 2 or 3 hint droughts. I think you'll be able to handle a hint drought lasting for 3 months. Besides, XY&Z is certain to contain some hints, but it won't be Omode's.

Interesting topic as always. The only thing that I don't like about Amour is that how subtle it is showcased since Ep. 7. There were so many, and I mean, so many opportunities that could make Amour shine, so many potential for character development, without breaking the usual non-romance rule of episodes with the exception of romantic side characters. Buuuuutttt yeah. Satoshi's density, opposites, others that are mentioned above? Those are the things that make us want to watch the episodes. Most likely because we want to see Satoshi break his density, or maybe acquire some similarities between him and Serena, etc.

there's no need to ask a question like this, the only answer to this question is why hasn't Ash noticed Serena's feelings for him

Notice me, senpai.

04n70n10

Obviously not going to expect anything from Ash until the very end at the least, as any one semi-big hint from him is pretty much going past no-return land.
Agree, if ash shows clear hints it would be very anti-climatic for this story, i suppose. In short: no suspense.
But I hope that writers have the courage to develop more this thing in the future. At least I think we can all agree that Amourshipping, with this amount of hints, deserves more development at one point, and some kind of "semi-conclusion", I don't want an(other) unfinished story. Serena is a particolar character and from the change of outfit i have the impression that she could travel with ash after Kalos. But will writers break also this pattern? many things are still unclear for me, but for sure writers have many opportunities if they want...

Last edited:

Norjack2

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while.

Personally, I believe that with XY&Z coming up with the TF arc, I think that the hint will intensify, even just slightly. Since the anime will be taking a more serious tone later, this is usually the time where some good character development is made and bonds between characters are either strengthened or torn apart. It all depends on how the writers utilize the mood shift, and how long it will last for. Of course this is pokemon, and not much character development was made at all during this types of arcs before in previous series. So this could be used to further develop the ship further.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!

Interesting topic as always. The only thing that I don't like about Amour is that how subtle it is showcased since Ep. 7. There were so many, and I mean, so many opportunities that could make Amour shine, so many potential for character development, without breaking the usual non-romance rule of episodes with the exception of romantic side characters. Buuuuutttt yeah. Satoshi's density, opposites, others that are mentioned above? Those are the things that make us want to watch the episodes. Most likely because we want to see Satoshi break his density, or maybe acquire some similarities between him and Serena, etc.
Hm. Good point. I was really irritated when we didn't even get one Mom tease in episode 53. (I think that's the episode number.) And there have been other times too.

ashsfuture said:
there's no need to ask a question like this, the only answer to this question is why hasn't Ash noticed Serena's feelings for him,
Well, that's certainly the most obvious "problem", but I thought it would be rather short-sighted of me to think that everyone on this thread thought that was the only issue, so I asked.

z0mbiesrock said:
Let's not forget that Ash is denser than a neutron star.
Neutron Star? No way! He's so dense he has collapsed into a singularity and space-time is now infinitely bent around him. (Sorry to all of you who have no clue what I'm saying. :p)

Master Quest

Let's do it
Agree, if ash shows clear hints it would be very anti-climatic for this story, i suppose. In short: no suspense.
But I hope that writers have the courage to develop more this thing in the future. At least I think we can all agree that Amourshipping, with this amount of hints, deserves more development at one point, and some kind of "semi-conclusion", I don't want an(other) unfinished story. Serena is a particolar character and from the change of outfit i have the impression that she could travel with ash after Kalos. But will writers break also this pattern? many things are still unclear for me, but for sure writers have many opportunities if they want...

I don't think keeping ash density to 100% till the end of the series just for the sake of suspense is a right thing to do.if writers want to make armourshipping canon or if they are serious about armourshipping then why not cross the bottleneck and start ash's density reducing process before the end of the series.Suspense can still be created they can keep the process and hints to it's minimum level and increase it when the right time comes which is at the end of the series.

Won't Serena developing for the whole series with almost zero development from ash's side make it a bit unbalanced + a lot of potential will be wasted.

The main team flare plot is going to be even more intensive after the kalos league gets over and ash vs alain hype will continue to the next region imo because this battle will just be a build up for their future battle.So there's there's no point in delaying things just for the main plot to get over either.

I am not saying ash has to show very clear hints but semi-hints are still doable and are necessary for reducing ash's densityI don't know if ash will actually show hints but i don't think keeping ash's density to it's highest level till the end of the series is a good idea.

04n70n10

I think so, but we have afterall something from Ash (uncommon for him) for example, he invites Serena to join the group (first time for a pokegirl), the ribbon is a present from him, his general attitude toward Serena, that blank stare when Serena was with that fennekin outfit (lol), in Shalour gym he look serena in a difficoult moment when the "dance strategy" failed, and other minor things.

Not so clear as Serena's hints, but it's something, i agree that it would take more of them in this shows.

Last edited:
Not saying that the writers should go full romance but there really needs some "spark" to happen between those two. I'm really getting tired of seeing one-sided hints and teases. Most hints so far are not making this ship progress, only their characters but not their relationship. Idiot boy may be giving remarkable hints but still questionable in my book. By now, there should have been something that will improve their relationship. I'm not even sure anymore whether the writers are serious about this or they just want Tomato girl to stand out to the rest of the heroines with this whole "crushing on the main character" thing only to abandon her at the end of XY. This shipping is neither improving nor sinking. This ship is just in floating status.

Commander Wrex

Not saying that the writers should go full romance but there really needs some "spark" to happen between those two. I'm really getting tired of seeing one-sided hints and teases. Most hints so far are not making this ship progress, only their characters but not their relationship. Idiot boy may be giving remarkable hints but still questionable in my book. By now, there should have been something that will improve their relationship. I'm not even sure anymore whether the writers are serious about this or they just want Tomato girl to stand out to the rest of the heroines with this whole "crushing on the main character" thing only to abandon her at the end of XY. This shipping is neither improving nor sinking. This ship is just in floating status.

Agreed wholeheartedly. As much as I still stand for this ship, there's always been some feels of instability not because of the dangers of Amour dying, but more so of the stalled progress. Back in the first Showcase, those little hints (from the date tease to the Ribbon) would have been fine. But it's been a long time since something new to progress it.

Yes the teases of Bonnie/Shauna knowing of the crush and Miette and all that are nice and all, but it's just...not as exciting or interesting as before.

But I'm still holding optimism that there are chances that the ship can touch some uncharted waters. This 'ominous' path that the XY series will hit to (Team Flare and all that) might put Ash and the gang into a point where they're traveling not as smoothly as they had for much of the series so far. At least, I hope so - the XY series TBH has been a bit too smooth. Not much tension, even if it's a kids show.

So yeah. Those little hints from the writers of what's to come in the XY&Z series will keep me optimistic that Amour may very well take a step forward, even if Omode probably won't be around for the early part (being done for the year and all).

04n70n10

What?You agree with what i said.

I didn't understand because you already agreed with pixcalibur's post that ash should not even show the semi-hints until the very end.

Becouse in the first post is more what i expect from writers, and the second is more what i would like to see.
yeah, i didn't explain well the thing. My position is: Ash is so dense for the suspense (i suppose) of this story and i understand this, so no serena's level of hints from ash, but i would like to see something, a bit more, from Ash (and we have various definition of semi-big hints, semi-hints, etc). And, thinking about, we have something uncommon from him (the ribbon, his general attitude toward serena, etc.) So probably my position is somewhat in the middle of the road beetween you and pixcalibur.

But at the end we don't have so different positions i think.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR

We'll just have to be patient. We won't know for sure until the end of this series.

But if you think about it, it's not only because of Satoshi not giving off reasonable hints, but also Serena not telling him her feelings (the latter isn't very ideal to happen during the series). I don't know anymore if we need more major hints from Satoshi. If he showed signs of affection, it'll be OOC for him. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it'll take away the anticipation towards Amour.

Just be happy it's not sinking.

AshSerena

I Agree with asuna07neros,it seems the ship is not progressing at all tho like matthew11 said,im happy its not sinking (yet), but we need something to spark this ship to make progress... to tell you guys the truth, im tired of all the hints that coming from Serena, i want a new pattern where she can show it obviously to Ash and A solid hint from Ash.
ryt now i have feeling the writers might do the tradition again where the female character stay and Ash going to another region..
let see if this XY&Z series can change my view for amourship and give us a spark, something new and exciting event for Ash and Serena.

PS:Episode 90 sub is out!
okay it seems my translation is correct about Shauna saying "Thats what you liked about him ryt?" but not sure about it since my english is bad xD, and make people confuse >.< (Gomenasai!)

Last edited:
We'll just have to be patient. We won't know for sure until the end of this series.

But if you think about it, it's not only because of Satoshi not giving off reasonable hints, but also Serena not telling him her feelings (the latter isn't very ideal to happen during the series).
She doesn't need to tell him how she actually feels. She just needs to be more honest of her feelings.
I don't know anymore if we need more major hints from Satoshi. If he showed signs of affection, it'll be OOC for him. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it'll take away the anticipation towards Amour.
It won't be OOC if they don't play it very often. A 5 seconds hint won't hurt anybody. Writers just need to show something that Village idiot is starting to see Tomato girl in a different way.

Just be happy it's not sinking.
It's not sinking but I'm not happy that there aren't any progress either.

Master Quest

Let's do it
Becouse in the first post is more what i expect from writers, and the second is more what i would like to see.
yeah, i didn't explain well the thing. My position is: Ash is so dense for the suspense (i suppose) of this story and i understand this, so no serena's level of hints from ash, but i would like to see something, a bit more, from Ash (and we have various definition of semi-big hints, semi-hints, etc). And, thinking about, we have something uncommon from him (the ribbon, his general attitude toward serena, etc.) So probably my position is somewhat in the middle of the road beetween you and pixcalibur.

But at the end we don't have so different positions i think.

Lol looks like i misunderstood.

those are a few uncommon things from ash but We needs something more than those debatable semi-hints to actually signify a reduction in ash's density.

I just hope that we get to see something from ash's side in future which actually shows that his density has reduced because unless his's density reduces this ship can't get any romantic feel and things can't progress much.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
She doesn't need to tell him how she actually feels. She just needs to be more honest of her feelings.

That is if she had to choose between her goal and Satoshi. That's the only scenario I can think of, capable of bringing out Serena's courage and honesty towards her feelings. If there is more, please do tell.

It won't be OOC if they don't play it very often. A 5 seconds hint won't hurt anybody.

Unless if he blushes out of affection. Awkward and uncomfortable blushes are what I'm expecting from him.

It's not sinking but I'm not happy that there aren't any progress either.

Like I said. Just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.