• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Hello ......
I really liked this episode because it began to show that dark or more serious plot that will give us XY & Z.
I'm a little concerned about the Amour hints, I think the writers are overshadowing the Amour with the new season.
I think it is clear that the hints have fallen in quantity and especially in quality and other fans told me a theory: The writers used the Amour for rating until they introduced this season to remove Amour.
It may be possible what they said, we can see that before the Amour was more present when Serena did not have a dream, but she has one and then both (Ash and Serena) focused more to it, and when Serena was focused on his dream I forget or they were decreasing their feelings for Ash (relatively) and also the Amour.
NOTE: This is my opinion on this comment from other fans :)
My friends, I hope the Amour is canon, and now:
Do you think the Amour can still be canon?

Take care everyone !!!

I still have the upmost faith that Amour will become canon. All this build up has to lead somewhere, they can't just dump this entire subplot down the drain at the end by not making it at least almost canon.

By the way on the topic of Amour, when is Amourshipping Day occurring?

I still have the upmost faith that Amour will become canon. All this build up has to lead somewhere, they can't just dump this entire subplot down the drain at the end by not making it at least almost canon.

By the way on the topic of Amour, when is Amourshipping Day occurring?

Some amourshipping group in FB are currently having an amourshipping day today. The same goes to some people in Twitter. I think Amourshipping day falls on the day when episode 7 aired (I believe November)

Hello ......
I really liked this episode because it began to show that dark or more serious plot that will give us XY & Z.
I'm a little concerned about the Amour hints, I think the writers are overshadowing the Amour with the new season.
I think it is clear that the hints have fallen in quantity and especially in quality and other fans told me a theory: The writers used the Amour for rating until they introduced this season to remove Amour.
It may be possible what they said, we can see that before the Amour was more present when Serena did not have a dream, but she has one and then both (Ash and Serena) focused more to it, and when Serena was focused on his dream I forget or they were decreasing their feelings for Ash (relatively) and also the Amour.
NOTE: This is my opinion on this comment from other fans :)
My friends, I hope the Amour is canon, and now:
Do you think the Amour can still be canon?

Take care everyone !!!

Hiya! 1st off welcome to the club!

For your question, it's kinda hard to tell. I do want Amour to be canon but we still have to wait for further hints to say that amour will reach a guaranteed canonization.

AnalistaRealista

I do not think that Olympia show any hint about SatoSere because they said she does not see the future she wants.
I hope if there is any hint at the battle of gym even a concern from Serena XD
My friends is not it curious that at the beginning of the series the writers showed hints in the openings and endings and now they do not, another reason to say that the SatoSere is only a resource for low ratings :)
When I said that overshadow the SatoSere, I was talking about we have two problems:
1- the plot will focus on the TF, Alain and Ash.
2- Omode will not write more episodes and it is she who has given more hints.
I hate to think that the SatoSere not be canon and my theory is: Omode rest until 2016 and when she returns (January-February) it will give us hints, because February is the month of love lol
I hope that these hints are Ash.
If Omode will not write more episodes this means that there won't be hints?
In this new opening or ending of XY/Z there will be some hint as in Mega Volt?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
With all the Great Hints it won't be surprise Serena will go with Ash to the next Region

"Great hints" from Serena sure, but until Ash gives us big hints as well, I'm not expecting Serena to stick around. If the ship doesn't progress by the end of XY, I can't imagine why it would improve in the next saga either, hence why I wouldn't really see the point of Serena tagging along with Ash for several more years in real time. Sorry if this sounds pessimistic. :x

Norjack2

I thought came to me, but considering that they expanded on Frogadier's past now after briefly going over it in episode 2, do you think that they would do the same with Serena and Ash's past?

I'm not saying it has to be exactly like how they did Frogadier's flashback, but they've mentioned the Summer camp a bunch of times, but we've never actually seen it. I'd like to see more of it, and see more of what they were doing during the camp, that lead up to that point, and the send off. Not saying it will happen, but it could solidify the foundation a bit more. I remember when they first met up, Serena said that Ash used to say "Never give up until the end", but the way that sounds, it sounds like he said that several times. Saying that "he once said to me..." would sound more accurate to that one scene that we saw.

04n70n10

With all the Great Hints it won't be surprise Serena will go with Ash to the next Region

I think that this outcome have its chances of happening. The only thing that prevent it is if the "status-quo-when-a-series-end curse". But XY so far broke some very old pattern, so it's more difficoult to say this time.

The change of outfit for Serena, along with her canon crush on ash, seems to indicate to me this possibility, becouse now she is more a characther of the anime itself rather than a mere transposition of a game character. Like Ash is based on Red but it's very different becouse he is firstly an anime character. Serena and Ash have also an "anime-only dream", neither Kalos queen nor Pokemon master are in the main games.

Why not after all. For me is hard to imagine what another pokegirl could offer after Misty, May, Dawn and Iris, and Serena has also this flashback that sound like to me, more or less "the first pokegirl (chronologically) is also the last, after long time they met again". And the 7th land pokegirl? well, first i would to say that the formula Ash+regional pokegirl+gym leader advisor after almost 20 years is.... old?, if writers want something new why not to have Ash and Serena as main characther with the pokegirl and the 7th land boy as rivals, occasional friends, etc? After all in the old days we have Brock for so long, misty even in jotho, why not Serena? Ash is a source of inspiration for her (and not only...)

Obviusly i don't know what writers think, their plan, and if they have enaugh "courage". But if they want there are some possibilities on the table.

I see the end o these quests (kalos queen and kalos league) a good opportunity for have a canonisation, i suppose that writer need some climatic moment. And we have Miette on the road.... she could be used as a tool for AS, for force Serena to expose herself more. Other possibility is near the end of this series, other arc, etc..

XY so far is a more stable and peaceful run, XYZ will change more the atmosfere and probably will add more "tension", first we have the team flare arc, later Serena's and Ash's final stage of their respective quest, and maybe AS also.

Last edited:

AnalistaRealista

I thought came to me, but considering that they expanded on Frogadier's past now after briefly going over it in episode 2, do you think that they would do the same with Serena and Ash's past?

I'm not saying it has to be exactly like how they did Frogadier's flashback, but they've mentioned the Summer camp a bunch of times, but we've never actually seen it. I'd like to see more of it, and see more of what they were doing during the camp, that lead up to that point, and the send off. Not saying it will happen, but it could solidify the foundation a bit more. I remember when they first met up, Serena said that Ash used to say "Never give up until the end", but the way that sounds, it sounds like he said that several times. Saying that "he once said to me..." would sound more accurate to that one scene that we saw.

I think, if you talk about that Serena said used to say that phrase, is because there were more times when they were together in camp and not only in the scene where she gets hurt. True?
You're right, but maybe this will be used at the end of the series as a way to make the Amours canon or as a way to know perhaps more thoroughly because Serena feel such affection for Ash. The Frogadier's flashback was used as a resource to announce its evolution and whether they use that part of Serena and Ash will be at a time of tension in the outcome of Amours.

I hope this series XY finally, give us a fitting end to a legend like Ash and the beautiful Serena will stay with Ash, is time to present another main character.
I have read theories about Flashback of Serena and Ash, where they say that when the series ends, the writers will return to relive that moment and there Serena will notice that Ash was not the child that helped her. What do you guys think?

I have a doubt:
Because Serena didn't show concern for Ash in battle with Fukuji / Ramos? Ash showed many problems to contend with Ramos / Fukuji, Serena didn't show much concern, and in other gyms, she looked very nervous.
If Serena is more nervous when Ash hasn't problems then we won't have our hint Gym in the next chapter? Olympia, probably, will cause many problems for Ash.

Thanks and Greetings to all ....... :)

phamtomx

here is what I found in the Ash x Serena -Amourshipping's facebook page where one of the fan just posted this image:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12088354_881719115238873_8985965725976100866_n.jpg?oh=44b1f291e03c7ba1ed3042c367d5102a&oe=56BD88BB&__gda__=1452412557_ac730a05dfa8684dabe4d566ca9697a3

What do all the Amourshippers's opinion or thoughts of the image above?

*P.S: this is my first time to post on the forum and I dunno how to post an image in the forum. sorry for the inconveniences.

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
here is what I found in the Ash x Serena -Amourshipping's facebook page where one of the fan just posted this image:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12088354_881719115238873_8985965725976100866_n.jpg?oh=44b1f291e03c7ba1ed3042c367d5102a&oe=56BD88BB&__gda__=1452412557_ac730a05dfa8684dabe4d566ca9697a3

*P.S: this is my first time to post on the forum and I dunno how to post an image in the forum. sorry for the inconveniences.

Thispicture opens so many questions:
Is that a legitimate picture?
Is whoever writing the episodes for XY&Z the rest of this year actually HELPING Amourshipping go forward?
Are we getting a real date episode in the near future?

*P.S: Welcome to the S.S. Amour, phamtomx.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

I was entertained watching Game Theory when this post showed up. Naturally, I clicked the link, nad naturally, I spent the next large amount of time translating through Google.

But although it does say Pokémon XY & Z, there's no Squishy (Zygarde Core) with Bonnie, leading me to believe the image is fake.

I will say this, though. The flowery field shown in the image is THE EXACT image that came to my mind when I heard the ORAS version of Verdanturf Town.

Let's ruin the day for everyone with this translatiion, shall we?

After the 12/2015 thing, it says "Lucky day for Serena! Some complicated Kanji, something about an island."

"More complicated Kanji? Pikachu etc. More Kanji I can't translate.

Stuff about mosquitoes... (By now it should be apparent that I can't translate this, right?) We should ask Dephender. I shall summon him.

DEPHENDER! We beseech thee, help us now in our time of need!

EDIT: I noticed something! There's either a watermark or a sort of lens flare on the image when they might be holding hands.

Last edited:
The picture above isn't legit.Its a fan made pic where they just cut out Ash and Serena scenes and merge them into one.It was also used in an AMV.

Commander Wrex

The picture above isn't legit.Its a fan made pic where they just cut out Ash and Serena scenes and merge them into one.It was also used in an AMV.

You're right (or at least, having better chance in being right). Unless there's actually a source or link to that picture, there's no way it's real.

Also, there was another fan-made caption of a magazine-like article which had a February 2016 spoiler on Serena and Amourshipping...that was also confirmed fake. And...also posted on the Amourshipping FB site. So, there's that.

But anyways, don't be surprised if there's more of that going about as we get close (and start to get) into the XY&Z series...should be the last piece of the XY saga. Hopefully in the near future there will be something for Amour, but as discussed before, it's highly likely going to take a step back for the Team Flare, Alain, and other developments coming up real soon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Yeah I was 99% sure that it was fake just seeing it once: The format of the page itself looks cheaply designed for starters, plus I couldn't imagine Ash and Serena holding hands and hugging all of a sudden like that: It seems like wish fulfillment for fun imo. I dislike it when shippers make stuff like this without putting a disclaimer about it being fake though. It just gets confusing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
For the record, the text there is such a bizarre word spaghetti I can't even attempt to figure out what it was trying to say.
It's also clearly machine translated, "Satoshi" is written in kanji in two different ways, half a sentence ends up in the middle of Serena's name at one point and the last line just reads "Reka and Citron youtube?!" (apparently they didn't notice the first half of Eureka's name got cut off when putting this together)

But yeah, terribly done fake, and clearly done to trick people.

MARCOD1091

Wow. That is obviously fake, kinda sucks. If I'm being honest if it was just the images I wouldn't know what to think but the background characters made it kinda obvious. But like I said if it was just the images I may have been skeptical but I wouldn't completely reject it until someone disproves the Images.

But I got a question:
When do you think it would be the best moment for Serena to confess her feelings, this question may have been answered before but I haven't been part of this thread for too long. Also what do you guys think the chances of AS being Canon as of right now?

AshSerena

For the record, the text there is such a bizarre word spaghetti I can't even attempt to figure out what it was trying to say.
It's also clearly machine translated, "Satoshi" is written in kanji in two different ways, half a sentence ends up in the middle of Serena's name at one point and the last line just reads "Reka and Citron youtube?!" (apparently they didn't notice the first half of Eureka's name got cut off when putting this together)

But yeah, terribly done fake, and clearly done to trick people.

I Agree!, remember when theres a leak scan about amourship saying Ash gonna confess to Serena on feb with a picture of Serena Blushing?i think it same guy who made this fake scan xD,
and like Dephender said, the words are random >.<(but thanks for the translation :) )
and some pictures are from actual episodes but just edited
1.During Aria and Serena First met episode
2:Serena and Ash First date episode
3Serena Hugging Ash(from amv?i dont remember)

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Kind of sad some people out there still trying to exploit this shipping hype, even though it's not quite that big a thing at this time. Main plot stuff should be going first, so any posters that put pokemon previews, neutral images from likely future episodes have better chances to be real. The fan-made ones, like the one in the link, just don't make sense if you look at it even half carefully. Don't even need to translate that at all to pick up something not being right. Honestly, if the writers are serious about this, this kind of stuff should be spared for the end of the series and not be spoiled. Maybe putting some very subtle things in there, but nothing to give things away. It's almost better to just get stuff out of the blue, as it would be more of an OMG moment rather than "yeah, we already knew that."

Now I don't mind the fan-made stuff if something is put in there clearly stating that this is fan-made and not real. That's why I like a lot of the fanart out there. Some of them are such that we know they were drawn, but certainly could pass as being done by the actual artists.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Kind of sad some people out there still trying to exploit this shipping hype, even though it's not quite that big a thing at this time. Main plot stuff should be going first, so any posters that put pokemon previews, neutral images from likely future episodes have better chances to be real. The fan-made ones, like the one in the link, just don't make sense if you look at it even half carefully. Don't even need to translate that at all to pick up something not being right. Honestly, if the writers are serious about this, this kind of stuff should be spared for the end of the series and not be spoiled. Maybe putting some very subtle things in there, but nothing to give things away. It's almost better to just get stuff out of the blue, as it would be more of an OMG moment rather than "yeah, we already knew that."

Now I don't mind the fan-made stuff if something is put in there clearly stating that this is fan-made and not real. That's why I like a lot of the fanart out there. Some of them are such that we know they were drawn, but certainly could pass as being done by the actual artists.

Really? Everyone was hyping up over that picture? Yeah I do agree, it is sad for people to be exploring other people with fake information to hype them up for nothing. I remember a few days ago someone on Instagram "claimed" he had a friend in Japan and he said that there was an "unaired episode" that was a "second date episode" that got too PG13 and had to remove it from the dub. Everyone was taken in by the fake information, spearing the rumor even further. Luckily people have already exposed it as a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.