• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made you choose Amourshipping rather then any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

I'm with Asuna here. I didn't chose amour over any other ships since I still ship ADV. Anyway, like what the others have said before me, I like this ship because it is "Unique". Serena was the first heroine to have a canon crush on Ash. Their interactions with each other is almost identical to any married couples out there, no bickering at the moment, no major issues with each other, etc. Serena's worries, support and compliments for Ash is outstanding, Ash's gentleman attitude towards Serena is a big deal. We had some few stuffs outside of the show that shows support for the ship (Valentines poster for example) and many more. Seriously, if this ship doesn't happen then I don't know if I should trust the writers in terms of romance department.

Hello, guys. I used to write on the first forum. Can I join this as well? I know I sometimes break forum rusles or being too radical so I should apologise in advance.

You are more than welcome, no need to ask. But try to expand your comment and make it related to the topic to avoid any problem.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/img_next150205_zps5c01d1ee.jpg~original[/img139]

From Official Site.

Makes me wonder if she is going to say something to him...
Ahh, this screenshot makes it looked like they are about to DO it. :D

But I'm going to lean to the possibility that maybe Serena is trying to tease Ash or she is trying to tell him something that made Ash looked surprised.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Or could it be that they already did it and Ash's widened eyes imply his surprise at the sudden turn of events?

Do you guys think Serena cutting her hair in some way links to Amourshipping?
The logical assumption here is that Serena loses her first TriPokalon and in the very next morning near the beach determines that she must persevere and as a sign of her new found resolve cuts her hair, but I digress. The only thing one can hope from this scenario is Ash complimenting Serena for her new look. Sooner or later it will be revealed that Ash has a preference for short-haired girls.

Last edited:
Or could it be that they already did it and Ash's widened eyes imply his surprise at the sudden turn of events?

The logical assumption here is that Serena loses her first TriPokalon and in the very next morning near the beach determines that she must persevere and as a sign of her new found resolve cuts her hair, but I digress. The only thing one can hope from this scenario is Ash complimenting Serena for his new look. Sooner or later it will be revealed that Ash has a preference for short-haired girls.

Ah yes, that's a good possibility. Maybe Serena gave Ash a quick peck on the cheek (similar to what happened in the movies) which leaves Ash looking surprised. She probably did that to thank him for their "date".

I'm still disappointed that Serena has to cut her own hair, regardless if it's amour related or Tripokelon related. :(
I guess they really want to feature the game's character customization.

As for Graham's question, I hope it does not affect amour in any case, whether it's positive or negative.

Ah yes, that's a good possibility. Maybe Serena gave Ash a quick peck on the cheek (similar to what happened in the movies) which leaves Ash looking surprised. She probably did that to thank him for their "date".

I'm still disappointed that Serena has to cut her own hair, regardless if it's amour related or Tripokelon related. :(
I guess they really want to feature the game's character customization.

As for Graham's question, I hope it does not affect amour in any case, whether it's positive or negative.

Although I like to think that is the most likely event that happens that gives her that expression and leaves him surprised, I don't know. A quick peck on the cheek doesn't seem like too much to ask for; and that would really shatter his "armour of oblivion". But will that happen in XY059?

Guys please. I believe there's a thread for discussing Serena's character redesign? Please don't go off-topic here. This is a new thread. We don't want this closed so quickly do we?

tomyno

What made you choose Amourshipping rather then any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

I'm with Asuna here. I didn't chose amour over any other ships since I still ship ADV. Anyway, like what the others have said before me, I like this ship because it is "Unique". Serena was the first heroine to have a canon crush on Ash. Their interactions with each other is almost identical to any married couples out there, no bickering at the moment, no major issues with each other, etc. Serena's worries, support and compliments for Ash is outstanding, Ash's gentleman attitude towards Serena is a big deal. We had some few stuffs outside of the show that shows support for the ship (Valentines poster for example) and many more. Seriously, if this ship doesn't happen then I don't know if I should trust the writers in terms of romance department.

You are more than welcome, no need to ask. But try to expand your comment and make it related to the topic to avoid any problem.

But I'm going to lean to the possibility that maybe Serena is trying to tease Ash or she is trying to tell him something that made Ash looked surprised.

Tanks man, I really appreciate that. What makes me choose this shipping? Honestly, I don't know. I'm not the one who watches anime except pokemon and I'm not into shipping very much as well. However, when I saw first 5 episodes, I said to myself: 'She looks so cute, sensitive, and in love.' I'm a sensitive guy myself and I think Ash would be silly if he doesn't return that kind of feelings. So I guess, that's my answer.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Although I like to think that is the most likely event that happens that gives her that expression and leaves him surprised, I don't know. A quick peck on the cheek doesn't seem like too much to ask for; and that would really shatter his "armour of oblivion". But will that happen in XY059?

Guys please. I believe there's a thread for discussing Serena's character redesign? Please don't go off-topic here. This is a new thread. We don't want this closed so quickly do we?

I was about to point that. I don't know, guys. Appearance, to me, doesn't really have significance to amour, unless Satoshi has preference, but yeah I don't think so.

And about that quick peck on the cheek. That is absolutely too much to ask, if you ask me. It would have a 75/25 chance it may break Satoshi's armor. But that's not possible in the anime.. yet. Besides, I don't wanna see physical and intimate contacts other than hugs.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】

It isn't an impossible idea. A peck on the cheek, after which Serena teases Ash and runs off. Simple, short and sweet XD

Agreed with pokesrini, take the 'redesign' thing to the Character Speculation thread. It's not even been 24 hours yet :/

PokeHero96

Yaya! It's awesome to have this thread back, thank for making this! xEryChan :)
By the way Merry Christmas to everybody on here :)

Mostly because this ship has so much potential, Serena's crush is already basically cannon, and we've seen small signs of Ash being more of a gentleman towards her. Plus this ship is so cute ^_^ Also.. This AmourShipping is the very first ship I've actually followed, I mean I've liked other ships, but I never actually followed them.

BTW, the latest episode showed Serena blushing at something Ash said, in the presence of her mother. It was explained that beginners start riding on Skiddo to learn the ropes before moving on the harder-to-control Rhyhorn.

Ash: Huh? But I started with a Rhyhorn right away.
Serena: That was because you said absolutely wanted to enter the Rhyhorn Race they were holding there.
Ash: Yeah, I did. And thanks to you, I learned to ride.
Serena: *blushes* It was because you worked so hard at it.

Thanks to Dephender for the translation.

Oh so thats what was said, aw bless :) Thank you for sharing this!

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/img_next150205_zps5c01d1ee.jpg~original[/img139]

From Official Site.

Holy macaroni! She looks like she's leaning in for a kiss haha! I know she's probably not though, but imagine if she was xD! Oh boy...

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic

From Official Site.

I like this screenshot. It looks like Serena says something that makes Ash looks surprised or shocked for some reason. I wonder what She will say to him.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
And about that quick peck on the cheek. That is absolutely too much to ask, if you ask me. It would have a 75/25 chance it may break Satoshi's armor. But that's not possible in the anime.. yet. Besides, I don't wanna see physical and intimate contacts other than hugs.

It is not such a high a demand especially now for this current series as many a thing that we believed to be as strong as the foundations of the earth be torn down. Belief in impossible things is the duty of all shippers.

matthew11

8000 MMR
It is not such a high a demand especially now for this current series as many a thing that we believed to be as strong as the foundations of the earth be torn down. Belief in impossible things is the duty of all shippers.

*nose bleeds*

Ahmm.. Yeah I think the word there is optimism. I don't mind you all being really positive about the kiss on the cheek, lips or whatever. I'm just stating my personal limits on hints, acceptable limits in regards to the show's standards, to be specific. I'd be suprise if it does happen.

I'm well aware that a quick peck on the cheek has a .0000001% chance in the show (Movies have done it twice so a thing like that in the movie may also happen someday) but that happening will bring a lot of hype in the entire fandom. Having those said, I'd expect some good things in that scene.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Just to let you all know, I edited Rule #4 a bit.

Episode discussions are allowed here as long as they are on topic. I don't want to see you guys getting off topic to talk about a specific episode. You wanna discuss an episode, that's fine. We have plenty of episode discussions threads here in the anime section where you can discuss them.

I sadly have not had the chance to watch the last episode but I will definitely change that when I'm able to.

But the preview does look interesting and I'm interested to see if there are any hints in it myself.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Just to let you all know, I edited Rule #4 a bit.

Episode discussions are allowed here as long as they are on topic. I don't want to see you guys getting off topic to talk about a specific episode. You wanna discuss an episode, that's fine. We have plenty of episode discussions threads here in the anime section where you can discuss them.

I sadly have not had the chance to watch the last episode but I will definitely change that when I'm able to.

But the preview does look interesting and I'm interested to see if there are any hints in it myself.

Thanks for that, it'll give us a bit more leeway in our discussions.

You're not missing much Amour-wise. It's a good episode, but it's apparently bone dry. You don't have to worry about spoilers 'round here.

Well...Serena did ask Ash if he was okay when Numera fell on his face, and Ash took a blast for Numera...it's a very slim chance, but we could get a tiny hint in there somewhere.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This is my first ever post to this site, so may I join the fun in this thread?

Although this shipping isn't quite my OTP, it is my favorite among those that involve Ash and a traveling companion. My favorite things about this ship include the fact that they have that little summer camp history together. Also, I love how nice Ash and Serena are to one another. I'm not fond of couples who constantly bicker. I'm not very influenced by the fact that Serena has a crush on Ash, but rather how simply awesome she is to him.

Man, it's taking me so many hours and hours to figure out how things work here.

This is my first ever post to this site, so may I join the fun in this thread?

Although this shipping isn't quite my OTP, it is my favorite among those that involve Ash and a traveling companion. My favorite things about this ship include the fact that they have that little summer camp history together. Also, I love how nice Ash and Serena are to one another. I'm not fond of couples who constantly bicker. I'm not very influenced by the fact that Serena has a crush on Ash, but rather how simply awesome she is to him.

Man, it's taking me so many hours and hours to figure out how things work here.

Hello and welcome to the club! Yes, I got to agree that constant bickering is the last thing that we'll need for the ship. Though, in the future, I see one bickering between them but will be resolved properly and would improve their relationship further similar to Ash and May's once bickering. And it seems you are fond of AshxHilda as well, which I too have grown fond of. Anyway, once again welcome aboard and hope we can see more opinions from you here.

I'd like to ask everyone another interesting topic:
What AshxSerena moments that you enjoyed the most in some none amourshippy episodes? Why?

Sephora

yes I'm back

From Official Site.

That is a cute picture. I can't wait for all their interactions in that episode!

Here's an interesting topic:

Usually whena girl cuts her hair in different media, it signifies change based on positive or negative circumstances. Do you think something happens in the date episode that could cause this? Again positive or negative?

To be honest, I don't think Serena's new design has anything to do with Ash. It's more about her goal and transforming herself for the better. Whatever happens in the date episode is most likely irrelevant.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
My first reaction after seeing the AmourShipping thread back:

[IMGSIZE=350]http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/omg.gif?w=1000[/IMGSIZE]

What an awesome Christmas gift! Now let's try to keep this thread as good as possible, fellow AmourShippers! :)

Anyway, I'll respond to some questions because... Wynaut?

1. What made you choose Amourshipping rather then any other Ash/Satoshi and Serena pairings?

XY007 is what really brought me to this shipping. Before that amazing flash-back, I never truly cared about shipping. After that, and after seeing how well Ash and Serena meshed with each other, I became a fan of Amour.

2. Do you guys think Serena cutting her hair in some way links to Amourshipping?

Hm, no. To me it's just an aesthetic change. However, I wonder if the haircut will change slightly the relationship between Ash and Serena. Probably not. though.

3. What AshxSerena moments that you enjoyed the most in some none amourshippy episodes? Why?

The photo sequence during Korrina's arc. It may not be something truly relevant to the overall plot, but it was still a quite sweet moment.

Oh, before I forget: Merry Christmas to all of you!

SickboyRawrs

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hi guys, it's been a while, I didn't know that there were a new Amourshipping thread :O
So I'm gonna contriboot with fan art, this was a little comic I made. I hope you like it!

http://sickboyrawrs.deviantart.com/art/Amourshipping-Comic-Goodbye-1-485853162
http://sickboyrawrs.deviantart.com/art/Amourshipping-Comic-Goodbye-2-486062474
http://sickboyrawrs.deviantart.com/art/Amourshipping-Comic-Goodbye-3-488486621

Great comic, bro :D

What AshxSerena moments that you enjoyed the most in some none amourshippy episodes? Why?

The one during the Korrina battle, when Ash glances up during his confusion and looks at Serena for inspiration :D

Status
Not open for further replies.