• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
this might not be so farfetch'd. XD
I mean the gym match against Olympia looks like it might be a two on two match. Ash could go at it solo (like usual) or maybe hell get help from Serena.
Im not too sure of the pyroar, but the meowstic might be a possibility or perhaps another pikachu. (since theres already been rumors going around about Serena catching one)
Most likely im over thinking things so feel free to disagree. XD

Oh my goodness! If Serena were to catch a pikachu, even I would feel safe believing that Amourshipping would really become canon. I could also vision Serena getting pikachu meaning that this would be the last of the series or that there is just one more region. I have at times thought that this could be the last of Ash's saga.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Just gonna point out that In that recent picture (I think) it says next to it that Serena has spent all the shopping budget on Ash and completely forgot about the Pokemon. I got this from KGPrestige's Twitter page and everyone on there assumes so; plus he has a friend that took Japanese classes of some sought so...yeah

This overall made me worry what the vow tree will be like. Obviously disappointment and awkwardness.

EDIT: Kinda the reason why the title is what it is.
.....The vow tree and the PRESENT
But it could be some plural business....idk

Last edited:

Dr.Psycho

The Tenth Man
Just gonna point out that In that recent picture (I think) it says next to it that Serena has spent all the shopping budget on Ash and completely forgot about the Pokemon. I got this from KGPrestige's Twitter page and everyone on there assumes so; plus he has a friend that took Japanese classes of some sought so...yeah

This overall made me worry what the vow tree will be like. Obviously disappointment and awkwardness.

This is probably false info . Please run this by Dephender to confirm this. Setsuna gave a different translation of the same content a page or two back and that seems to be the correct one

If what u say is true, expect some awkward moments during ceremony and maybe someone in the group picking up on the crush.......

Tourist Juan

Doesnt that sound a bit out of character for Serena? Sure she has a crush on Ash but so far it has never been to the point that she neglects the others.
Also that sort of action cant really be forgotten that easily and we know that everyone will be in good terms with Serena in the episode after the date so i really dont think that would be the case.
Unless she does the mistake but fixes it by the end of the episode.

Oh man, TRio are involved? Sucks! >.<
Well I hope it's one of those episodes where they do not interfere but instead disguised as waiter/waitress/food vendor and spend their time working for money instead of catching Pikachu like usual. Quite honest, I'd like this episode to focus more on the date moment, even if it's all in Serena's head. Perhaps TR will come in and thought that Ash still has Pikachu with him but then realized that it wasn't and see that Ash and Serena are all alone together and start teasing them as a couple. XD
Yep, that would make TRio's cameo worth it for me, lolz.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
YES!!!!

Ofcourse TRio is involved. It wouldn't classify as an episode without them. BTW I love Jesse so I'm not complaining.
And hopefully a teasing moment can occur

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…

I don't think this is correct. None of the summaries or descriptions we have gotten have mentioned anything about a shopping budget, so I'm assuming it's false. I think it's okay to watch KGPrestige's videos because they're entertaining, but he gets a lot of stuff wrong and is too quick to legitimise rumors.

Oh man, TRio are involved? Sucks! >.<
Well I hope it's one of those episodes where they do not interfere but instead disguised as waiter/waitress/food vendor and spend their time working for money instead of catching Pikachu like usual. Quite honest, I'd like this episode to focus more on the date moment, even if it's all in Serena's head. Perhaps TR will come in and thought that Ash still has Pikachu with him but then realized that it wasn't and see that Ash and Serena are all alone together and start teasing them as a couple. XD
Yep, that would make TRio's cameo worth it for me, lolz.

Since Ash and Serena won't have their Pokemon with them, that on the surface eliminates any reason for TR to go after them, so one could conclude that they'd go after Clemont and Bonnie. But your idea is interesting; they stumble upon Ash and Serena, discover the two are lacking their Pokemon and then tease the two (a la "Poke Ball Peril") about being a couple. That would be hilarious, though I wonder how Serena would react if Ash were to say "Oh, no, we're just going shopping."

Last edited:

MastermindofGames

GET OUT, YOU SWINE!

About the plural business, whether the title: Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Present!!, has to do with one present or more is unclear because it is not a literal translation. In the Japanese language they don't use plural formatting like the English language, rather it is something else entirely. So, It could be one or it could be an exchange of gifts. We'll just have to wait and see! ;)

Also, I thought of a scenario based on the new screenshot: Serena gives Ash gift, they have heartfelt moment, and the Ash stares contently at the gift. All of a sudden he realizes he doesn't have anything for Serena and the guilt comes to him. He the awkwardly states that he will be right back, and then sprints, anime style, back too the mall. He scours every store(in a montage) looking for the perfect gift, but finds them all not to be good enough for "queen" Serena lol. Then he remembers something he saw earlier in the day out of the corner of his eye, and rushes to buy this item and returns to Serena to give it to her. He "presents" (ba-dum tssss) it to her with a red face, standing all awkwardly and such.

Sadly, i have no idea what the gift should be ( i just know that Serena's gonna luv it). I will wait for our amazing writers to decide these gifts or just gift that will be shared in the episode.
Also, the gift that Ash see's earlier in the episode will have a camera zoom in on it as Ash and Serena walk by, but no comment whatsoever. WAIT!!!, maybe when Ash goes to get the gift TR will apear cause Jessie wants it as well, and Ash fights and wins over the item.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I can't wait for tomorrow preview for the date episode!

I didn't really expect Team Rocket to be in the episode but whatever, I guess there's always a low chance for them not to appear. Well anyway since they're going to in the episode, I wonder if they will notice Ash and Serena are alone together and mention something funny or just simply be to centred around Bonnie and Clemont.

PRESUMING ash and serena catch the pair of meowstic/pyroar with one getting the male and the other getting female, do u think it could result in shippy moments. How could it affect amour??

Well I don't really see it happening but I would really like to see Ash and Serena capture a pair of Meowstic I'm not really sure which one should have male and which one should have female. But maybe, male for Ash and female for Serena? Idk. I could see a lot quite a few shipping moment between them if there will be any.

--VIRGO--

I don't think either might happen. Ash already has a fire type and two meowstic already debuted at the same time. Even if he did, I don't think it would have any effect on the ship. The only situation like that I can imagine is Serena's Fennekin and Ash's Frogadier with some kind of relationship and it could affect relationship between amour couple. Or writers could indeed let Serena have i.e. female Pikachu for the sake of the amour. However both theories are stretched very much and unlikely to happen. If we suppose to see a relationship between their current Pokémon, we'd already seen it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
PRESUMING ash and serena catch the pair of meowstic/pyroar with one getting the male and the other getting female, do u think it could result in shippy moments. How could it affect amour??

I already answered this question when it was asked a few times in the old thread; too reiterate, I'm against Ash and Serena catching the same Pokemon because it would be irrelevant to the ship's advancement imo. We shouldn't need to rely on Pokemon for AmourShipping hints; that's a job for Ash and Serena, especially Ash now in my view since we could use a few hints from him soon.

--VIRGO--

I already answered this question when it was asked a few times in the old thread; too reiterate, I'm against Ash and Serena catching the same Pokemon because it would be irrelevant to the ship's advancement imo. We shouldn't need to rely on Pokemon for AmourShipping hints; that's a job for Ash and Serena, especially Ash now in my view since we could use a few hints from him soon.

I agree. with that. Amour itself should be developing without use of any of Pokémon shippings. Beside any shipping of Pokémon wouldn't have any impact on Trainers. If it did, we would see that situations in the past. Good example is Bulbasaur in Hoenn or Bunneary in Sinnoh. Maybe Pokémon behavior reflects behavior of their trainer but not when it comes to romance I guess.

SoarStaraptor

Hey guys, I found this in the XY059 Bulbagarden Thread, thought I'd share it if it hasn't been yet. It's another summary posted by Playerking in that forum:

Today is the day of a festival celebrated once a year in Hiyoku City. After hearing that giving a present to their Pokémon under the biggest tree in the city, the "Vow Tree", on this day will strengthen the bond between them and the Pokémon, Satoshi and Serena go shopping for presents. This is the first time the two of them have gone shopping all by themselves, without Pikachu, Citron, Eureka or any of their other Pokémon around. Serena feels it's just like a date, and is secretly overjoyed about it.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Yah I saw that summary on Twitter.

So the gym episode. Do you think it has connections with XY59. I don't think so! Serena in XY59 is confirmed to have heard the vow tree business within the episode and doesn't build up in the previous one. And the fact that Serena THINKS that this whole shopping trip with Ash is playing out like a date and is SECRETLY overjoyed.

[I mean like she will eventually tell Ash 'So...you set up this whole date?' And Ash be like '...WHAA...' So I'm happy that's not the case. But already disproved by Serena bringin it up)

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah I saw that summary on Twitter.

So the gym episode. Do you think it has connections with XY59. I don't think so! Serena in XY59 is confirmed to have heard the vow tree business within the episode and doesn't build up in the previous one. And the fact that Serena THINKS that this whole shopping trip with Ash is playing out like a date and is SECRETLY overjoyed.

[I mean like she will eventually tell Ash 'So...you set up this whole date?' And Ash be like '...WHAA...' So I'm happy that's not the case. But already disproved by Serena bringin it up)

LOL Ash's reaction to that would be soo priceless.

Well, the way I see or am looking at it in a positive way. Since Team Rocket is in maybe they'll tease Ash about the date thing and sitting in a tree :D

So, we should be getting a preview for it Tommarow right? Oh boy, once we get I'll probaly hit re play button over and over again LOL. Man I can't wait for Tommarow, I hope Serena tries to make it as date like as possible :D

I'd love it if she got him a gift and vice versa, course Ash will have gotten it as a friend type thing but hopefully put more thought into it showing growing feelings from his side.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Been a while since I last signed on and looked through the thread. Had to go on a log camping trip in the mountains and almost froze to death because you can never trust a weather forecast in Montana (and 32 below zero is a little too cold even for my taste).

Seems like some differing opinions have taken over here with pessimism and optimism, and honestly that is great because it brings both sides to the conversation and thereby further progresses it as long as it isn't in the form of arguing (I prefer the word debating a little more).

In my opinion (being an optimist here) I am thinking that the date episode is going to be Serena's Brick Break to Ash's reflect, light screen, and barrier. It just seems logical to me after how much they have put into promoting the episode and how much amour shipping "hints" they have thrown into the pictures that they have released as a lead up. And I don't think the writers are dumb enough to troll the hardcore fans this hard.

And when it comes to gift possibilities I think that we are all probably wrong and it will probably be some thing that is so obscure we never would have thought of it in a million posts. So I am going to remain out of that discussion because I don't like being wrong.

So all in all I have an extremely positive outlook on what the episode will contain.

And on a side note, I do really hope that TR doesn't play interference with them in the typical sense. If anything I am hoping for some teasing and then they fall off a cliff and never return. EVER

Last edited:

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
I really hope something big happens at the end of the episode (sure, not Amour becoming canon, way too farfetch'd), although, unlike other situations, for this episode I really don't want to speculate exactly what will happen. I don't want to give my mind ideas, so I don't get dissapointed in the slightest once I see the episode.

There are two things that I will do on The Fabled Day I would like to share with you:

1) I will NOT go to this thread/forum until I have watched the complete episode. (I do that mostly every time, but this one is no exception.) I would also like you guys to not comment or spoil anything after you watched the episode (I know about *Spoilers Warning* but it's for us on this thread, so I'm talking about our little community :p ) until about 5 hours after, but that IS farfetch'd and I don't think anyone would do it anyway lol

2) Someone said this before me, but it was kind of ignored (I guess) so I want to get it across here now, and propose to do it. On The Fabled Day I will set my wake-up alarm tone to Laverre City a.k.a. "The Anthem Of Amourshipping".
Sure, I can't force anyone to do this, but IMO it would be a nice thing and reminder of what's about to come in just a few hours (when I get up on that day). Who's with me?! *nobody raises hands* Oh... ok.

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh you guy's are good at being patient but I'm already dying for the episode so I'll probaly spoil the heck myself for this episode LOL.

Well about TR entering this episode, I stick to my fanfic. Either they would simply appear for a small role and then exit just as quickly since Pikachu isn't with Ash and Serena; and Jessie has to practise, or they would go after Clemont and Bonnie. I really don't think they would appear in front of Ash and Serena since there's really no need for it.

It is also possible that they overhear something about the Vow Tree Festival, and they decide to join in themselves. Not negatively, but positively. As for the question about them catching Pokémon of the same species, I feel it isn't necessary. But hey...I wont complain if it does happen.

...I still cant believe I called the gift thing correctly xD

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's clearing-up-various-stuff-about-XY59 time

Just gonna point out that In that recent picture (I think) it says next to it that Serena has spent all the shopping budget on Ash and completely forgot about the Pokemon.

That's a lie.

I got this from KGPrestige's Twitter page and everyone on there assumes so; plus he has a friend that took Japanese classes of some sought so...yeah

That's probably also a lie, considering the above was.

About the plural business, whether the title: Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Present!!, has to do with one present or more is unclear because it is not a literal translation. In the Japanese language they don't use plural formatting like the English language, rather it is something else entirely. So, It could be one or it could be an exchange of gifts. We'll just have to wait and see! ;)

It's a bit more grammatically complex than that, but yeah, the word in the title can mean both "present" singular or "presents" plural, with no real way of telling without furthr context.
As I told Sushi earlier today,
<Adamant> it's the same reason I've left XY59's title alone even though it's probably "presents" and not "present"
<Adamant> best to wait until we absolutely need to decide on a title instead of changing back and forth all the time

(but yeah, it's probably supposed to translate to "The Vow Tree and the Presents", so expect that thread to change its title before the episode airs)

Hey guys, I found this in the XY059 Bulbagarden Thread, thought I'd share it if it hasn't been yet. It's another summary posted by Playerking in that forum:

It was posted on the previous page. Playerking has a tendency to steal translations from here and repost them without credit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.