• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
You know the motto of Ash and Serena: "Don't give up until the end". I'm not going to give up on the shipping yet, despite being a bit pessimistic right now. If all, the preview shows Serena trying to reach out for Ash, and this could be an important AmourShipping moment. So, there is still some hope, and we should latch onto this last hope until the end of XY. And then, we will see which kind of closure the shipping will get, which hopefully will be positive.

Where were those screenshots from? They weren't a part of the preview. Was it a scan or something?

Check the trailer here: https://youtu.be/aDLz9sHvm5A

^the screen shots were part of the whole team flare arc preview. Lasts for around 30 seconds and you can find them in youtube or in the serebii forums, in anime spoilers there should be a thread called zygarde/flare arc preview.

Yeah that's probably true, but one can still hope. I still think that serena will save ash and mairin will save alain :)
Either way, super hype and excited about the Flare arc and I'm glad that most characters will be important in this arc

You know the motto of Ash and Serena: "Don't give up until the end". I'm not going to give up on the shipping yet, despite being a bit pessimistic right now. If all, the preview shows Serena trying to reach out for Ash, and this could be an important AmourShipping moment. So, there is still some hope, and we should latch onto this last hope until the end of XY. And then, we will see which kind of closure the shipping will get, which hopefully will be positive.

By the looks of it, she wasn't trying to reach out to Ash but rather giving Braixen a command. Though I'm sure she would be worried sick once Ash is kidnapped.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

Exactly, nothing is written off yet. We can't compare the league and amour plus it practically seems like the TF Arc was written to be a bigger thing than the league itself. I'm still pretty confident in the future of amour but of course I have to decrease the chance a little.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that. All I can say is that they are making this good. I'm excited to see how this Flare Arc plays out. This could be much better than the league. And I definitely am expecting Serena to save Ash now. She looks to be the only one on the helicopter too. Who knows?

AshSerena

The only im worried right now is what if the writers give us same amourshipping ending how Ash get defeated by Alain? it seems Writers really not care about Fans who watching it
i also saw that youtube dislike and it is keep gaining dislike (its already 3k now lol)

I'd be lying if I say that I wasn't disappointed. We've waited for so
ong for Ash to win but we still didn't get what we wanted (I suppose Leo winning an oscar wasn't a sign at all, lololz)

Anyhow by all means I'm not that disappointed. In fact, I did not feel like the league was that important at all. Now before you guys throw rotten tomatoes and use Thunderbolt to send me flying hear me out.

The moment I learned that TF arc was after the league, I already had the impression that there will be bigger stuffs than the league itself and this was pretty much confirmed. I suppose it was also evident due to the fact that they were skipping a lot of battles during the league and how most of them were rushed. Those alone are enough to convince me that the league was just a setup by the writters for a bigger picture.

We already know that Ash is going to be kidnapped by TF so we know that this is the biggest moment. Normally after the league, Ash would, part ways with his friends, go home and start another adventure. This time however, there is another thing that will eventually happen. So yeah, what I'm saying is that we're far from over so don't be discouraged. And by all means, Ash losing doesn't affect Amour itself.

Never give up until the end. We still have TR to look forward to, which is the more important part, at least for me.

Also guys, refrain from cursing, one liners as well as unrelated topic that has nothing to do with amourshipping. It's in the rules, guys. Last thing we need is to close this thread again and start a V3 only for it to be ruined again.

Lastly, thank you AshSerena for the screenshots, Now I strongly believe that Serena will definitely play a major part in saving Ash.

and thanks for this it gives me little hope to continue watching it and its not yet to give up amourshipping..
but im still scared what writers might do in amourshipping.. also weird that if you guys notice today episode also from prev episode.. the camera always focus lastly on Serena face
it seems they hinting something or maybe no meaning at all lol

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I've been reading fanfics all morning. Canon is depressing.

pokemaster442

いくZ!
I think the anime needs now to push though with the bond between Satoshi and Serena and make amourshipping canon, because as I see it, if they don't people will not put up with it anymore. Most of the fans are us that have been with the show since the beginning so they really cannot afford to lose us. Especially with other shows like yokai watch very quickly scaling the popularity ladder.

I know most people are salty with how the league played out but I think the writers rushed the league. Also, next episode Alan sides with team flare anyway so the league doesn't seem to matter anyway to the writers intentions for this series.

But if they screw up here with amourshipping which has never happened before in any pokemon series, unlike Satoshi losing the league which you know, people wont buy it. Also they put the rating up to PG so something has to happen.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I want to point something out here. Before the Kalos league was a thing, we all still had faith in amour. We had no idea where Ash would finish in that league but we were still confident. So when Ash has his greatest performance and finished second, we say that amour is done? There was still growth today, he finished second. He's never done that before. So with that being said, there's no reason to lose hope. We didn't before the league and we're not going to afterward.

Red Pheonix

Might as well talk about the league again. About 18 hours from now, we are going get the result of the Kalos league finals. If Ash wins, it means the status quo is officially broken. No longer the anime needs to latch onto the old rules. The biggest enemy for Amourshipping is vanished.

One of the biggest obstacles for Amourshipping was always the status quo. The idea was about making Amourshipping canon/almost canon, would change the formula for the show. If the established formula broken, Amourshipping doesn't have any problem for going to the next level. No one can give the excuse "But it's Pokemon." again.

That said, Ash's victory simply raises the chances but it doesn't guarantee anything. Similarly, if Ash loses(please don't), the chances with Amourshipping also lowers although not to zero.

Also, prepare for the pessimism and pissed offium salts. And-

Let's hope high but keep low expectations.

That's me before the episode aired. I think this words are relevent here. Epicocity, you did a good job dealing with the pessimism and steering the ship while us optimists(me and Omegaz) were away.

I'll give a small rant about pessimism before talking about Amourshipping. If we go for pessimism, everything becomes meaningless. There is nothing to enjoy. Nothing to hope for, nothing to speculate, nothing to theorize and nothing to discuss. And what do we do here? Exactly that. We hope, speculate, theorize and discuss. Half the reason I enjoy Amourshipping so much is because of this place. If we stop doing what we do, I won't enjoy my time with everyone here. That's why I request everyone to not lose their hopes.

I know how things may not turn out like I hoped or expected. I'm not a naive optimist. Knowing this, I still keep my optimism. After all, as long as the chance isn't zero, it can happen. Rant end.

Everybody already said it and even in the quoted post above, Ash losing doesn't mean Amourshipping is automatically out. It simply means the chance of some things are lower. So if I were to write down the chances-

Amourshipping Canon- 50%

Amourshipping Semi-Canon- 70%

Serena4Alola - 20%

I wrote down the chances factoring in that, the writers will not want to introduce major changes to the formula, judging from today's episode.

And some of have also pointed out that, the league is merely setup for the big stuff, the TF arc. It has a few good things for us. Firstly, there are no status quo to maintain in the TF arc. It's very existence is new. Secondly, Ash gets captured and it looks like Serena is up for the job. You know what to get.

I want to remind everyone again that they did sometimes surprised us like in xyz28 and xyz29. Nobody expected the story to take the turn the way it was in those episodes. So stick with it for a bit more before giving up.

Side-Note: We have two unofficial mantras here-

Never give up till the end!

High hopes, low expectations.

Alright. Time to break my silence again! :p Hey guys!

So, the big episode is finally over. And it ended the way we should've expected it to! Am I disappointed? A bit. I'm a bit surprised myself that I'm not exceedingly disappointed. The loss was very well done. Don't ask me to explain that, because I don't know what was well done about it. But somehow, the loss didn't seem so horrible. He did go to the finals and all. And as some here are saying, this is probably a foreshadowing to something bigger that Ash would win. I believe a few people called it before too. That Ash would lose the finals, to win in a bigger stage.

I also side with RobSp1derP1g in his statement- in that it is possible that the title is stripped off Alain for his involvement with Team Flare and given to the runner-up (Ash) instead. Will it happen like that? God knows. But that's not a major issue.

The major issue is this. What happens to AmourShipping? I had always mentioned this- that Ash's win or loss does not affect AmourShipping in any manner. Sure, a crazy defeat like him losing in the first round is pathetic. But he went to the finals! That's not bad at all to be honest. And even so, what relation does AmourShipping have with the league exactly? I'm not really sure why many seem to be clubbing the two entities together. Never did, nor will I ever. They are fully separate. And if you argue that Ash's loss means that past trends are being continued, and as a result, AmourShipping will be negative too, then you're just selectively extrapolating data.

Let's look at the status quos that did change:

1. Water starter curse
2. Ash went to the final
3. He's a really powerful trainer
4. A canon crush by the lead girl.

and probably a couple of others.

What didn't change? The fact that he didn't win a league.

So you're telling me that you want to ignore every other "status quo" that was broken? Fine with me. I'm not gonna buy the argument though. Because fact is, there's no relation between the two.

The next episode seems amazing actually. The entire set of the past few episodes and heck, XY altogether was awesome! And when it is so close to the end, why jump ship? Might as well see it to the end. After all, evidence suggests that the issue will be addressed too! We didn't get any hints for the past few episodes (understandably). So I expect quite a burst of them in the next episode- particularly since it seems to be an extended episode. We're here at the end game. Why give up now?

I encountered a similar thing very recently with my exams that I just finished writing. There was a particularly nasty one, and I thought, "Why not just let it go and hope to get a first class?" But the other side of me refused to listen. I came this far. Why should I botch the last exam and maintain the eating doubt about whether or not I'll get it? I might as well give my best and fight through it to the very end. Even if it doesn't go the way I want it to, I know I tried my best! The same can be applied here and believe me, even if the worst happens and you have this attitude, you'll just be like, "Oh well. It happened. Never mind!"

It's not over yet guys. It's far from that. If you want to drop watching the show, or give up on the ship, by all means go ahead. But I, and by the looks of it, a good few others, haven't given up on it yet, and I even find that those who never held much hope for the ship are still here, being more optimistic than those who were all in for it.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
That's me before the episode aired. I think this words are relevent here. Epicocity, you did a good job dealing with the pessimism and steering the ship while us optimists(me and Omegaz) were away.

I'll give a small rant about pessimism before talking about Amourshipping. If we go for pessimism, everything becomes meaningless. There is nothing to enjoy. Nothing to hope for, nothing to speculate, nothing to theorize and nothing to discuss. And what do we do here? Exactly that. We hope, speculate, theorize and discuss. Half the reason I enjoy Amourshipping so much is because of this place. If we stop doing what we do, I won't enjoy my time with everyone here. That's why I request everyone to not lose their hopes.

I know how things may not turn out like I hoped or expected. I'm not a naive optimist. Knowing this, I still keep my optimism. After all, as long as the chance isn't zero, it can happen. Rant end.

Everybody already said it and even in the quoted post above, Ash losing doesn't mean Amourshipping is automatically out. It simply means the chance of some things are lower. So if I were to write down the chances-

Amourshipping Canon- 50%

Amourshipping Semi-Canon- 70%

Serena4Alola - 20%

I wrote down the chances factoring in that, the writers will not want to introduce major changes to the formula, judging from today's episode.

And some of have also pointed out that, the league is merely setup for the big stuff, the TF arc. It has a few good things for us. Firstly, there are no status quo to maintain in the TF arc. It's very existence is new. Secondly, Ash gets captured and it looks like Serena is up for the job. You know what to get.

I want to remind everyone again that they did sometimes surprised us like in xyz28 and xyz29. Nobody expected the story to take the turn the way it was in those episodes. So stick with it for a bit more before giving up.

Side-Note: We have two unofficial mantras here-

Never give up till the end!

High hopes, low expectations.

Well said. I know we're all disappointed about the league. However, just because the league wasn't an Ash victory doesn't mean something like amourshipping won't happen or Serena couldn't travel too Alola. Ash has lost leagues before, but Brock and Misty still travelled with him. Just keep confident. The TF Arc seems to be a lot bigger than we originally made out and I think this could provide us with what we want.

Red Pheonix

Alright. Time to break my silence again! :p Hey guys!

So, the big episode is finally over. And it ended the way we should've expected it to! Am I disappointed? A bit. I'm a bit surprised myself that I'm not exceedingly disappointed. The loss was very well done. Don't ask me to explain that, because I don't know what was well done about it. But somehow, the loss didn't seem so horrible. He did go to the finals and all. And as some here are saying, this is probably a foreshadowing to something bigger that Ash would win. I believe a few people called it before too. That Ash would lose the finals, to win in a bigger stage.

I also side with RobSp1derP1g in his statement- in that it is possible that the title is stripped off Alain for his involvement with Team Flare and given to the runner-up (Ash) instead. Will it happen like that? God knows. But that's not a major issue.

The major issue is this. What happens to AmourShipping? I had always mentioned this- that Ash's win or loss does not affect AmourShipping in any manner. Sure, a crazy defeat like him losing in the first round is pathetic. But he went to the finals! That's not bad at all to be honest. And even so, what relation does AmourShipping have with the league exactly? I'm not really sure why many seem to be clubbing the two entities together. Never did, nor will I ever. They are fully separate. And if you argue that Ash's loss means that past trends are being continued, and as a result, AmourShipping will be negative too, then you're just selectively extrapolating data.

Let's look at the status quos that did change:

1. Water starter curse
2. Ash went to the final
3. He's a really powerful trainer
4. A canon crush by the lead girl.

and probably a couple of others.

What didn't change? The fact that he didn't win a league.

So you're telling me that you want to ignore every other "status quo" that was broken? Fine with me. I'm not gonna buy the argument though. Because fact is, there's no relation between the two.

The next episode seems amazing actually. The entire set of the past few episodes and heck, XY altogether was awesome! And when it is so close to the end, why jump ship? Might as well see it to the end. After all, evidence suggests that the issue will be addressed too! We didn't get any hints for the past few episodes (understandably). So I expect quite a burst of them in the next episode- particularly since it seems to be an extended episode. We're here at the end game. Why give up now?

I encountered a similar thing very recently with my exams that I just finished writing. There was a particularly nasty one, and I thought, "Why not just let it go and hope to get a first class?" But the other side of me refused to listen. I came this far. Why should I botch the last exam and maintain the eating doubt about whether or not I'll get it? I might as well give my best and fight through it to the very end. Even if it doesn't go the way I want it to, I know I tried my best! The same can be applied here and believe me, even if the worst happens and you have this attitude, you'll just be like, "Oh well. It happened. Never mind!"

It's not over yet guys. It's far from that. If you want to drop watching the show, or give up on the ship, by all means go ahead. But I, and by the looks of it, a good few others, haven't given up on it yet, and I even find that those who never held much hope for the ship are still here, being more optimistic than those who were all in for it.

Hey, nice seeing you again. If you have time, drop by here. The thread is much more active this days.

I have only one problem with your reasoning about the status quo. Ash winning a league is a major change to the formula while the others four are minor. My argument was since they didn't went with a major change to the formula, they are less likely to go with Amour canonization and Serena4Alola, since they bring a big change to the formula.

Regardless, we shouldn't completely jump out the ship just because of Ash's lose in the finals.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Hey, nice seeing you again. If you have time, drop by here. The thread is much more active this days.

I have only one problem with your reasoning about the status quo. Ash winning a league is a major change to the formula while the others four are minor. My argument was since they didn't went with a major change to the formula, they are less likely to go with Amour canonization and Serena4Alola, since they bring a big change to the formula.

Regardless, we shouldn't completely jump out the ship just because of Ash's lose in the finals.

You know, I've been thinking and part of me feels it is much easier for the writers to make amour canon than to have Ash win a league. The reasoning is that if Ash wins the league, they would get backlash when they pull a reset or they'd only be able to keep Ash in the series for a little while longer unless they can keep coming up with new ideas to keep everything fresh and different. Making amour canon doesn't necessarily create those conflicts as Ash can still do what he is currently doing. Just a thought, don't kill me plz.

Hey man! I would've loved to come more often. But I had quite a busy last semester. Hahah. But I'm considerably more free now. So I might drop in more often.

As to your thing about a major change, then let's see it this way. A Team Flare arc after the league. When have we ever gotten anything other than disappointment and departures after a league? This is the first time. That's pretty major if you ask me.

And like some said. This league loss will probably be made up for in the bigger battles up ahead, and who knows if the title stripping comes true? Then you get everything.

Even if not, I believe that AmourShipping's chances still are the same. Always did, and always will until I'm canonically proven wrong. It's separate from Ash losing the league anyway.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Hey man! I would've loved to come more often. But I had quite a busy last semester. Hahah. But I'm considerably more free now. So I might drop in more often.

As to your thing about a major change, then let's see it this way. A Team Flare arc after the league. When have we ever gotten anything other than disappointment and departures after a league? This is the first time. That's pretty major if you ask me.

And like some said. This league loss will probably be made up for in the bigger battles up ahead, and who knows if the title stripping comes true? Then you get everything.

Even if not, I believe that AmourShipping's chances still are the same. Always did, and always will until I'm canonically proven wrong. It's separate from Ash losing the league anyway.

Who knows? Maybe it's one of those scenarios in which you lose only to win later. And I do think that it could be Alain himself who drops the title. He did say he has no intention on the Kalos league other than battling Ash.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
We all knew from the start that the likelihood of AmourShipping becoming canon was rather low... Taking the risk of believing in it is what got us so far, people! We KNOW the consequences of getting invested in a Pokémon anime pairing. What initially made AmourShipping so incredible from the start was the canon one-sided feelings from Serena. We were already a step ahead other popular Pokémon anime ships. But we all knew what dangerous game we were playing.

XY has broken a few things but also stayed on the path of the unbreakable status quo. AmourShipping is not officially over until it is said to be. Even if it has strong chances of going down like all the previous pairings, let's at least hope they get amazing closure and not some feelings 'never spoken of, forgotten'. I believe the writers at least owe us that.

So let's enjoy the ride while it lasts! The Team Flare finale arc seems promising and emotional. I expect good hints for AmourShipping. :)

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
One door closes, another one opens. The league has closed, but TF Arc is open. Even with this disappointment from the league, I'm hyped to see what the future has in store.

Who knows? Maybe it's one of those scenarios in which you lose only to win later. And I do think that it could be Alain himself who drops the title. He did say he has no intention on the Kalos league other than battling Ash.

Yep! Definitely so! Good to see you man! I'll reply to your message tomorrow!

Possible too! Maybe he realizes he erred in his ways, and decides to drop the title. Anyhow, this is not the place for that discussion.

Point is that AmourShipping is far from dead, and it's chances are as good as they ever were. No more, no less. I guess we should just wait for the next episode, and enjoy it for its worth.

Red Pheonix

You know, I've been thinking and part of me feels it is much easier for the writers to make amour canon than to have Ash win a league. The reasoning is that if Ash wins the league, they would get backlash when they pull a reset or they'd only be able to keep Ash in the series for a little while longer unless they can keep coming up with new ideas to keep everything fresh and different. Making amour canon doesn't necessarily create those conflicts as Ash can still do what he is currently doing. Just a thought, don't kill me plz.

That's why I didn't turn those chances into zero.

That's what I'm hoping as well. Actually, watching the preview, the TF arc is going to be the most exciting and unpredictable thing Pokemon anime ever did. Like as if, they kept all the good stuff for the TF arc. Which means good stuff for Amourshipping as well.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
It's nice to see that you guys can still remain positive, though honestly I don't share your optimism. This would've been an ultimate slap in the face to the so-called 'status quo', but ended up being a disappointment. Not only was the League itself bad, but the writers decided to give status quo more importance than the story...again. Honestly, this doesn't bode well for Serena's chances.

Also, I've been lurking for a while and haven't heard of any good hints since the 8th Gym. Maybe the writers are trying to ease us out of the idea of romance in the series before dropping Amour completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.