• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

I didn't say Serena doesn't notice, more like she doesn't have eyes for the people who do show interest in her.

Speaking of Brock-

What if say Brock came back. He gets to know about Serena's crush on Ash. What will he do to help Amourshipping?

DP fans confirm this. There was this kid in DP, I think Kenny was his name, who had a crush on Dawn. I remember Brock giving love advice to that kid. So I imagine Brock as the ultimate shipper in deck in pokemon due to his "experience" with love.

I don't remember if Brock ever directly helped Kenny other than suggesting a battle with Ash because there was a love triangle that wasn't a love triangle going on there. Wait, nope, Brock wasn't involved at all with that. If anything, he'd cry that Ash has a girl canonically take an interest in him so ardently.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Lol, at least I think Serena notices, but is just too polite to reject them so just curves them real bad. Ash just doesn't really know at all. The only time I remember Sawyer showing interest was the first time they met when Serena and Bonnie were modeling, but grass-patch hair tierno sorta pulls a Brock when he sees her.

That awk moment when you realise that large numbers of male COTDs and relatively main characters have a lowkey crush on Serena...

But seriously, many of the episodes show that some of the males have some sort of interest in her (e.g. Sawyer, Jimmy, Tierno, Trevor, etc). Ash is a dense little nut, but at least Serena likely knows that she's attractive to others.

I would imagine she knows, but really doesn't care. Plus she's shy so she'd rather not bring it up.

Brock would give advice to Ash. But you'd have to wonder the gags of Ash being in a relationship and Brock not.

But on the opposite specturm, I'm sure that her mind is sometimes going, "ASH LOTS OF OTHER BOYS THINK IM CUTE AND THEY HAVE A CRUSH ON ME PLS NOTICE ME SENPAI" or something like so. It wouldn't be strange to think that this is the case, because she is a young teenager who's hitting puberty right about now.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
But on the opposite specturm, I'm sure that her mind is sometimes going, "ASH LOTS OF OTHER BOYS THINK IM CUTE AND THEY HAVE A CRUSH ON ME PLS NOTICE ME SENPAI" or something like so. It wouldn't be strange to think that this is the case, because she is a young teenager who's hitting puberty right about now.

She's been waiting for him for years. Serena is patient if nothing else. Of course, I'm sure he's gotten her flustered like that before though.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
She's been waiting for him for years. Serena is patient if nothing else. Of course, I'm sure he's gotten her flustered like that before though.

I do find it cute how Serena blushed + giggled at the end of the cosplay episode, likely because she was recalling the entire day wearing Ash's clothing.

Not just patient, persistent and genuinely nice to everyone as well! Perfect person for Ash because he's nice and has a heart of gold (and the firepower a la broken Pokemon team to back him up), but is messy, impulsive (sometimes), and generally scatterbrained unless it's about a battle.

Aardkloot

I do find it cute how Serena blushed + giggled at the end of the cosplay episode, likely because she was recalling the entire day wearing Ash's clothing.

Not just patient, persistent and genuinely nice to everyone as well! Perfect person for Ash because he's nice and has a heart of gold (and the firepower a la broken Pokemon team to back him up), but is messy, impulsive (sometimes), and generally scatterbrained unless it's about a battle.

Now let's just hope she can finally crack that dense nut and make him forget about pokemon just for once! Personally I'm getting kinda worried for thursday, as I'm expecting it to be a very important episode regarding Amourshipping. I'm not sure if I can handle another week of no clues if we aren't getting anything this thursday..

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

There's just so many things about Serena's character that scream out that she is the perfect girl for Ash. Their personalities blend well, they hardly fight, and the one time they did, it was over something very mature unlike the silly banter feats you saw with Misty, May, etc. Ash builds off of her like she builds off of him. And even though Ash is dense, this is the case in all kids romances. The male hero is dense and then at the end, he has this realization and then he gets together with main female companion.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
There's just so many things about Serena's character that scream out that she is the perfect girl for Ash. Their personalities blend well, they hardly fight, and the one time they did, it was over something very mature unlike the silly banter feats you saw with Misty, May, etc. Ash builds off of her like she builds off of him. And even though Ash is dense, this is the case in all kids romances. The male hero is dense and then at the end, he has this realization and then he gets together with main female companion.

I think that their physical age, combined with their mental age, makes this nearly a perfect ship. It's young enough to be considered along the lines of "puppy love"/"young love", with the mentality of a young adult's relationship.

Is the dense male hero who doesn't realise that the girl next to him always loved him like crazy the so-called "Shonen male"?

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I think that their physical age, combined with their mental age, makes this nearly a perfect ship. It's young enough to be considered along the lines of "puppy love"/"young love", with the mentality of a young adult's relationship.

Is the dense male hero who doesn't realise that the girl next to him always loved him like crazy the so-called "Shonen male"?

Yes it is the shonen hero and Ash clearly embodies said character. Meanwhile Serena embodies said shonen males' female counterpart. Look at Dragon Ball and Naruto and you see it.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'm not sure if any of y'all watch the dubbed variants, but I'm relatively nervous about how the dubbed episodes will stack up against the subbed ones. It's not the first time that the good music from the subs got wiped clean by the dub edits...

Anyway, what hints do you expect for the upcoming episode? Would you prefer major hints, or just subtle yet meaningful ones?

Aardkloot

I'm not sure if any of y'all watch the dubbed variants, but I'm relatively nervous about how the dubbed episodes will stack up against the subbed ones. It's not the first time that the good music from the subs got wiped clean by the dub edits...

Anyway, what hints do you expect for the upcoming episode? Would you prefer major hints, or just subtle yet meaningful ones?

I'd prefer a major hint from Ash this time, probably after Serena rescuing him. Hopefully he'll finally realize how much Serena cares about him and how she feels about him.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'd prefer a major hint from Ash this time, probably after Serena rescuing him. Hopefully he'll finally realize how much Serena cares about him and how she feels about him.

I'd really like to see a scene that has a white background when Ash wakes up and hugs Serena. No sounds, just a white background that's kinda hazy in the back while he embraces her with a full, no BS hug.

... + Serena's potential reaction

Aardkloot

I'd really like to see a scene that has a white background when Ash wakes up and hugs Serena. No sounds, just a white background that's kinda hazy in the back while he embraces her with a full, no BS hug.

... + Serena's potential reaction

If there's going to be a moment between them it'll most likely be a short one which will be brought back later on, as they'll both hurry to fight team flare right after it. And I don't see any hints happening at all if it isn't Serena saving Ash.. A moment like you mentioned would satisfy me very well though.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
If there's going to be a moment between them it'll most likely be a short one which will be brought back later on, as they'll both hurry to fight team flare right after it. And I don't see any hints happening at all if it isn't Serena saving Ash.. A moment like you mentioned would satisfy me very well though.

Maybe even just a couple of seconds, like a white background and closeups of Ash looking at Serena face to face, eye to eye, and vice versa by Serena, then all the sounds start rushing back in as all hell breaks loose again. Ash and Serena then face off Lysandre (and Alain? That'd be a good battle watch, Ash + Serena vs. Lysandre + pre-redeemed Alain). *end episode*

Epicocity

I'm starting to feel like the question of "what hints do you expect to happen next episode?" has literally been asked twice a day for the last 2 days here...

Anyway, to actually answer it: probably not much. Seems like it'll focus on the attack, groups as a whole and Ash and Alain with a Judas betrayal scene. Not much time in terms of moments, likely.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'm starting to feel like the question of "what hints do you expect to happen next episode?" has literally been asked twice a day for the last 2 days here...

Anyway, to actually answer it: probably not much. Seems like it'll focus on the attack, groups as a whole and Ash and Alain with a Judas betrayal scene. Not much time in terms of moments, likely.

Not surprised, to be honest, because it is a pretty hyped episode. I don't think that the show has ever had an attack on a major city by a terrorist organisation! (knock on wood)

Maybe just a slight hint then. You're right about the complete havoc in the streets part. Perhaps we'll get some scenes of Serena nerfing/holding down Flare grunts? Contrary to many, I think that she's a decent, if not pretty good, battler who picked up on Ash's battle style, so she'll be able to take down some grunts, and battle to a draw with the scientists.

Aardkloot

Not surprised, to be honest, because it is a pretty hyped episode. I don't think that the show has ever had an attack on a major city by a terrorist organisation! (knock on wood)

Maybe just a slight hint then. You're right about the complete havoc in the streets part. Perhaps we'll get some scenes of Serena nerfing/holding down Flare grunts? Contrary to many, I think that she's a decent, if not pretty good, battler who picked up on Ash's battle style, so she'll be able to take down some grunts, and battle to a draw with the scientists.

Also pretty much 100% sure that Braixen will evolve into Delphox in this or either next episode, which will make Serena probably make her wipe out grunts with ease. I don't think she'll be fighting in a major battle though.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I don't expect anything too much for the first episode until Ash gets captured. That's when the hints and moments will really start. There could be some stuff beforehand but it won't be as big as after when Ash is captured.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Also pretty much 100% sure that Braixen will evolve into Delphox in this or either next episode, which will make Serena probably make her wipe out grunts with ease. I don't think she'll be fighting in a major battle though.

I think Braixen will stay the way it is for the rest of the series. It kinda represents the gap between her and Aria that she hasn't yet crossed.

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Why so certain that Delphox will make its first appearance here? o_O

I also wonder whether or not Ash notices that Serena is flying around on a helo with a Braxien/Delphox, fighting off hordes of Flare grunts as she tries to reach him (or something similar)?

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I think Braixen will stay the way it is for the rest of the series. It kinda represents the gap between her and Aria that she hasn't yet crossed.

That and the popularity factor. Braixen is more popular than Delphox and so people like seeing more from her. Could Braixen evolve, eventually? Sure, but it wouldn't be till Sun and Moon. Plus what would that mean for Pancham? He ain't gonna evolve soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.