• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourist Juan

Don't the writers technically do this every gen? They build up the new female companion with a ton of development and screentime, give her a good bond with Ash, and then scrap her anyway. What you're saying now is the same thing people thought when May and Dawn were around.

I'm actually hope this is Ash's final saga, as the end of XY will conincide with the 20th anniversary of the saga. That way instead of just Serena being written off, Ash and Serena can be written off together, allowing Ash to win the league and getting an endgame ship scenario. Amourshipping is rather built up so it would be odd just to kill it 2 years from now.

I think it depends on the next game.
If the next game happens to have the same character customization like in the x/y game maybe Serena could stay. =)
If not then expect a new female character. =/

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
I think it depends on the next game.
If the next game happens to have the same character customization like in the x/y game maybe Serena could stay. =)
If not then expect a new female character. =/

I actually prefer to think that she will stay as I believe it depends on how much attention this new subplot brings to the show. If there is a good response in favor of Serena and this subplot that they currently have running, I see no reason for them to scrap her as a character because it brings in good ratings and more attention to the show as a whole. They have developed her character in an extremely unique way as opposed to previous characters and I prefer to believe that they have plans for her character lasting for the long hall.

I mean think about it, her goal has nothing game related about it, therefor she is not anchored to any single game plot and storyline and can thereby continue moving on and they can add performances into the next series. She also started her journey for the soul intent and purpose of being with Ash, so I don't see why they would scrap her saying she would continue her journey without Ash, when HE IS the entire reason for her going on a journey in the first place. I also see no reason why the writers can't just throw a male game character in there for next generation anyways, I mean is it just not possible for them.

All in all, I think with the attention that has been given to Serena and the good fan response to the subplot, they have no reason for her to go, especially after ratings plummeted in response to the tragedy that was Black and White. Serena and this series have brought a spark back to Pokemon that hasn't been there in years.

I realize as I am writing this however I am going against my view in a previous post of not looking at the possible endings of the series. So this will be my final response to this topic as I don't want to be a complete hypocrite.

So I think a new question is needed:
How far do you think that they will take amourshipping as a subplot, assuming what we are about to see is just the beginning of heavy hints and we are only less than a third of the way through the series?

I actually meant this as how far do you think the hints will go, handholding, hugging, etc. I guess that I could have phrased it better.
Edit: On a side note we are back up over 1000 posts on this thread now.

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Wow, I can't wait for their interactions!

Um... what? I know it's metaphor for gift lol but the preview doesn't show an-... unless you're talking about Serena's gifts for her Pokémon. But that was already mentioned by Juan, is there something we're missing? Tell us!

Or did you just get ninja'd by him by one minute? :p

Yeah, I got ninja'd. Big things in small packages. I think Ash is giving Serena a ribbon, which she will place on Fennekin's head. Though not big in size or ostentation (lacking the right word here), it's GIGANTIC in sentimental value, that's why she gave it to Fennekin.

AtemSciv's post is absolutely dead on. I bow to this man. Unless it's a girl. Then I bow to this girl. *bows* It's kinda why I haven't been that active on this thread, the negativity and the fact that I haven't much to say and this is not my computer. Mine's being set up tomorrow. YAY! /offtopic.

This might seem kinda out of nowhere, but it's not offtopic.

Take Ash, a young man who just lost his first Gym battle in Kalos, and it was absolutely devastating, as you know. Then comes this girl, seemingly out of nowhere, who brings Ash his backpack, as any civilized person would do.
Then she goes further. "Do you remember me?" As this is explored, Ash establishes a connection with this girl, she knows him, but he has lost so badly so many times that he's almost famous for it. Something that can be translated into mathmatics in following equation: (epic fail*9001=epic win)
She encourages him and he tries again, with slightly better results this time. When he's about to go down, again, she shouts to him "Don't give up until it's over", snapping him out of his thoughts and allowing him to win the battle.
Between this moment and Ash's invitation on XY007, Ash had plenty of time to think aobut this girl who shouted something so familiar to him. If it was me in that situation, I'd try to remember where I've heard that before, and explore my memories from there. And since she had already told him they were at Ookido-hakase's Summer Camp together, it was easier for Ash to piece together the information. With several pieces missing.
When Serena gives him the handkerchief and we see the flashback so many people want more of, Ash remembers her, and his connection with this girl is strengthened. Why? They have something in common stemming back from the early development years of their lives (5-9 years old).
Add all the other XY episodes since then. Does it look like, in any of them, Serena's feelings seem to fade or something? The answer's no.

Now, I'm pursuing a more unlikely theory that maybe, just maybe, Ash knows about her feelings. More on this as it develops.

How far do you think that they will take amourshipping as a subplot, assuming what we are about to see is just the beginning of heavy hints and we are only less than a third of the way through the series?

Seeing as it's something established in the second episode and directed towards in several others, I'm guessing as far as they can.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Ash knowing about her feelings eh? I can't say I haven't thought about it, but I don't think it's that possible.
If it is possible, and Ash gives her that gift in a response to her feelings (not necessarily his feelings), then the "dense" theory will come down and he will be automatically the most mature Ash of all the sagas. Not only because he noticed love feelings towards him, but because he was so mature to not make a big deal out of it, not argue with her, be a gentleman in every way to her, and build all that just to wait for the right moment to make his move.

This could be a kinda conspirational theory, and kinda silly, but if he knew, that would explain:
-First moment he noticed: When he remembered the flashback and saw Serena's massive blush.
-Then, he decided to test it a little while saying: "You know Bonnie, that is a cute... *waits for her response, which in this case was a gasp* ... Fennekin! *Then keeps looking at the screen, but hears clearly Serena's words of relief*.
-After that, he realized Serena's move at the group photo and called her just when she was fangirling over her copy, seeing her blush when she turned around.
-Acted mature and confident around her (differently than when he acts like that normally, trust me, I know the difference), or tried to, on various episodes.
-His "Huh?" after her "You're really amazing, Ash!" was because he didn't expect it to say that, but also because he didn't expect to be that right about her feelings, and have her slightly let them show. Maybe it was kinda fake, meh I don't know.
-He invited her to buy presents for the Pokémon so he could buy her a present and see her reaction of him knowing about her feelings.

With that being said, if that theory was right, there are two possible outcomes for Ash's behavior:
-Either he actually has feelings for her, and starts to gradually show them, beginning with his present, and that would make the best Ash, better than OS, OI, AG, DP and obviously BW;
-Or he doesn't know what he feels and doesn't reeeally correspond her feelings and he's just playing with them and he would be the biggest PG anime douche and psychosocial, kinda like he was portrayed on the "Serena-San is very loved - A SatoSere comic" manga, except this time not reeeally returning her feelings.

But don't quote me on anything lol

I must say, AtemSciv has stolen the thunder here. Great points.

The second preview has nothing. So I guess we got all that they had to give in the first preview. Next up, we have to wait and watch the episode to see the rest. Again I'm saying, there's nothing to be pessimistic at this stage. We have gotten a wonderful preview, and there's really nothing more that we can ask for.

As to the thing about, "Big things come in small packages", I think I understand that. The gift that Ash is giving Serena. It is a small package. But the symbolism would be huge. So I think we can expect a scene that is either equally cute or cuter than the flashback scene of XY007. Yes, I am willing to make that brazen prediction.

matthew11

8000 MMR

I think I have just witnessed a clear and utter rant here.

Dude. This is an opinion-based thread. Never, and I mean never rant about anyone's opinions. There is never a real indication that positive and negative views of this ship will happen. We are all speculating here. That's the only purpose of this thread, agree? You don't call anyone's opinions "Dumbest". You'll never know, that may happen in the future. If that happens, and you ignore such aspect, no doubt you'd be fuming mad.

1. For the sake of optimistic people, every pessimistic people here are pointing out these negative aspects to avoid the impending explosion of anger from optimistic people. In short, pessimistic people like myself are only giving caution here. And I'd pretty much agree with your checklist there.

2. I am way far from this point. I have thrown my point of Satoshi rejecting Serena. If you've read my previous comment, you'll see why.

3. Again, this is only an opinion (which I don't know where it came from). I'd say this is just the normal status quo of Pokemon, where the main girl of the series will eventually leave the group to pursue her dream. Chances are 50/50. I'd lean towards the writers breaking the rules, like when Kasumi went with the group in the Orange Archipelago and Johto. In May's case, in which she traveled through Hoenn and Kanto, are simply in the same series. If there was no Battle Frontier, Satoshi's second journey throughout Kanto wouldn't have happened, and just skipped from the end of their journey through Hoenn to DP.

4. You're just pinning an opinion here without nullifying it *sigh*. I have no words. So you don't give a crap about the past? Then what about Satoshi and Serena's past? You don't really give a crap about that? This is a clear example that shows that past experience affects the future. Even in the main series, Satoshi has been learning from his mistakes, especially from his League loses and other factors.

5. There is never an impossibility that pessimistic people here are gonna be forever sad about this series. The next content here would be that of #1.

Anyway, seeing this long and exhausting post of yours, you're pretty much an optimistic person. I would've given an applause for your optimism here. But clearly, you are just shooting down opinions here without backing up your points with concrete facts. It's such a waste writing this long post.

Anyway, I've seen the latest preview for XY059. Nothing changed from the first one though. The writers are hiding something under their sleeves, which can be very promising, I believe. They never showed any shippy scenes in the latest preview. And now, I'm full-on optimistic about this since my point about Satoshi rejecting Serena was nullified.

Last edited:

Queequeg

I promise you all literally NOTHING significant will come out of this episode. We have seen this script a THOUSAND times. They are trying to draw viewers in by manipulating the previews. We're also only at episode 59. This isn't Shakespeare where the characters fall in love after seeing each other for the first time and spending some time together.

I DO want Ash and Serena to end up together and think she will make a great housewife but this episode has way too much hype surrounding it.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
And your post there Matt is why I told him the language used in there might not fly. I knew that somewhere down the line a problem might arise from it, as it now has, and it is completely understandable. This is why I believe that we should have a language barrier there so none of that happens again. I mean calling each other's ideas stupid defeats the whole point of this thread I think. Again I am perfectly fine with the idea of tough love and I myself have no problem with the language, but you can't post that sort of stuff with that wording and not expect someone to have at least a slight problem with it.

And just to clarify I am not saying anything against you Matt as it is completely understandable where you are coming from. But I do still agree with the points raised by AtemSciv as in my previous post about this.

We can't simply have control over anyone, or anyone's feelings. If we'd just keep calm, this thread will be at peace. And if optimistic people agree with such content or mirroring the same thing in the negative side, I'd just avoid this thread, which I really don't like. That's all I'm hoping for for this thread. I think we have learned a little lesson here, didn't we, gentlemen?

Since I don't really have any new ideas to contribute here, might as well answer this Q:

Since, IMO, this seems to be something timeless, I'd think I'm gonna have to answer with "as far as they can", but adding "to the point where they have to make closure, but choosing which path to take; make it canon, or make it one-sided canon forever."

I promise you all literally NOTHING significant will come out of this episode. We have seen this script a THOUSAND times. They are trying to draw viewers in by manipulating the previews. We're also only at episode 59. This isn't Shakespeare where the characters fall in love after seeing each other for the first time and spending some time together.

I DO want Ash and Serena to end up together and think she will make a great housewife but this episode has way too much hype surrounding it.

I can't really deduce if this is really a negative or positive comment.

Last edited:
Err, after seeing these comments, I think both parties should calm down for a bit, whether you are an optimist or a pessimist. I think you guys are looking waaayyy too deep into this. First off, we have no clue what the future holds for this shipping, in the end we're all merely speculating based on what we are currently seeing. 2nd, There's really no need to shoot down each and everyone's opinion just because you feel confident of yours. At least have a concrete evidence before doing so. 3rd, I think we should just focus on the current episodes since it's far too early to tell whether Ash and Serena would eventually end up as a couple by the end of the series or not.

Anyway, I trust that amour will be handled well and fairly, the question now is how but again, now's not the good time to "use" that. XD

Last edited:

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
I think that you are right Sestuna, and I admittedly was one who got slightly worked up which is why I removed my last post as it just proved your point.

I also think that it is important to realize here that we have such a unique set of circumstances (meaning we haven't seen an episode like this before) and I think we are overlooking how this uniqueness could be a sign of what this episode could have in store for us. This unique aspect is why I, personally, throw out past history of writing in some sense as I believe that they are intentionally trying to make this one of a kind and almost trying to prove to us that they are willing to make certain changes to their writing.

I know it may sound weird but think about it for a second. What was the main complaint of fans leading up to this series. I think most of us are on the same page when I say that their writing was too PREDICTABLE and CYCLICAL. They ran every series in almost the same fashion and cycle, Ash meets female traveling companion (who he has no previous connection with), Ash travels around collecting badges, Ash develops a sort of bond with his companions, Ash's companions pursue their already known goal (May is an exception here), Ash's companions leave him after he looses at the league and a short while after in some case (Misty is an exception here).

And all of a suddenly, they have us all running around in circles trying to figure out what they are planning as we have no clue what to think, doesn't seem so predictable and cyclical now does it. Ash arrives at Kalos, Ash meets two traveling companions in Bonnie and Clemont, Serena sees Ash on tv and seems two have a connection with him, Ash heads to nearest gym to challenge it, Serena hunts him down, Ash looses and meets Serena who then inspires him to win, ASH ASKS SERENA TO JOIN THEM, ASH AND SERENA ARE THEN SHOWN TO HAVE HISTORY BETWEEN THEM THROUGH FLASHBACK, Serena has no defined goal at beginning but eventually finds one over 30 episodes in, SERENA HAS AN OBVIOUS CRUSH ON ASH, Serena tries her hardest to make an impression on Ash, BOTH have a great impact on each other throughout the series so far.

Now even though that isn't the whole story and is somewhat subject to opinion, does ANYTHING about Serena or even Ash in some cases seem to follow a cyclical and/or a predictable pattern. Serena seems to be an exception to almost all rules in this case, except for those that haven't been tested yet. Never before have they pushed a pair like Ash and Serena as hard as they are and it leads me to believe we are going to get one h*** of an episode out of it all.

Now of course this is just my interpretation of how things are going, but I don't think it is to farfetched. I mean after the disastrous Black/White saga could you really blame them for trying to change our opinion of their writing. Ratings plummet, viewer numbers at an all time low, has become to predictable. It just seems as though they are trying to prove themselves to us after we had lost all faith in them for not showing creativity and ability to break the mold.

If you can give me a good enough reason to change my mind on this matter I would be amazed. I think that we are in for the ride of our lives with this pairing, and can you really blame me.

Edit: Also has anyone else noticed that Serena is the only one that didn't get blasted by Pikachu's thunderbolt (and yes this does include bikes). And she is the only one that didn't either tag along without Ash's permission and didn't have to ask/blackmail him into letting them tag along. Seems fishy to me.

Last edited:
I think people are forgetting that the show's target audience are still children. Sure, there are may be signs that the show is starting to target older audiences but don't forget the majority. The show is still about Pokemon battles and anything else related to it. Just be thankful that they threw in a romantic sub-plot. There's really no need to over-analyze everything. If the writers intend to make it canon then they will. If not, then move on. But meh, what do I know. You guys did say that part of being an amournazishipper is analyzing anything they throw in for the ship.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Err, after seeing these comments, I think both parties should calm down for a bit, whether you are an optimist or a pessimist. I think you guys are looking waaayyy too deep into this. First off, we have no clue what the future holds for this shipping, in the end we're all merely speculating based on what we are currently seeing. 2nd, There's really no need to shoot down each and everyone's opinion just because you feel confident of yours. At least have a concrete evidence before doing so. 3rd, I think we should just focus on the current episodes since it's far too early to tell whether Ash and Serena would eventually end up as a couple by the end of the series or not.

Anyway, I trust that amour will be handled well and fairly, the question now is how but again, now's not the good time to "use" that. XD

Just to let you know, I never sided with either side in this case. That's what I just said. Let us calm ourselves and just respect each others' opinions.

I think that you are right Sestuna, and I admittedly was one who got slightly worked up which is why I removed my last post as it just proved your point.

I also think that it is important to realize here that we have such a unique set of circumstances (meaning we haven't seen an episode like this before) and I think we are overlooking how this uniqueness could be a sign of what this episode could have in store for us. This unique aspect is why I, personally, throw out past history of writing in some sense as I believe that they are intentionally trying to make this one of a kind and almost trying to prove to us that they are willing to make certain changes to their writing.

I know it may sound weird but think about it for a second. What was the main complaint of fans leading up to this series. I think most of us are on the same page when I say that their writing was too PREDICTABLE and CYCLICAL. They ran every series in almost the same fashion and cycle, Ash meets female traveling companion (who he has no previous connection with), Ash travels around collecting badges, Ash develops a sort of bond with his companions, Ash's companions pursue their already known goal (May is an exception here), Ash's companions leave him after he looses at the league and a short while after in some case (Misty is an exception here).

And all of a suddenly, they have us all running around in circles trying to figure out what they are planning as we have no clue what to think, doesn't seem so predictable and cyclical now does it. Ash arrives at Kalos, Ash meets two traveling companions in Bonnie and Clemont, Serena sees Ash on tv and seems two have a connection with him, Ash heads to nearest gym to challenge it, Serena hunts him down, Ash looses and meets Serena who then inspires him to win, ASH ASKS SERENA TO JOIN THEM, ASH AND SERENA ARE THEN SHOWN TO HAVE HISTORY BETWEEN THEM THROUGH FLASHBACK, Serena has no defined goal at beginning but eventually finds one over 30 episodes in, SERENA HAS AN OBVIOUS CRUSH ON ASH, Serena tries her hardest to make an impression on Ash, BOTH have a great impact on each other throughout the series so far.

Now even though that isn't the whole story and is somewhat subject to opinion, does ANYTHING about Serena or even Ash in some cases seem to follow a cyclical and/or a predictable pattern. Serena seems to be an exception to almost all rules in this case, except for those that haven't been tested yet. Never before have they pushed a pair like Ash and Serena as hard as they are and it leads me to believe we are going to get one h*** of an episode out of it all.

Now of course this is just my interpretation of how things are going, but I don't think it is to farfetched. I mean after the disastrous Black/White saga could you really blame them for trying to change our opinion of their writing. Ratings plummet, viewer numbers at an all time low, has become to predictable. It just seems as though they are trying to prove themselves to us after we had lost all faith in them for not showing creativity and ability to break the mold.

If you can give me a good enough reason to change my mind on this matter I would be amazed. I think that we are in for the ride of our lives with this pairing, and can you really blame me.

I see where you're getting at. But let's look from a different perspective: If BW wasn't a failure, like you said it was, would it still matter if they would change their style of writing a little and just implement this kind of subplot? I don't really think so, tbh. There are some misleading points you have raised, but I'll ignore it.

I think people are forgetting that the show's target audience are still children. Sure, there are may be signs that the show is starting to target older audiences but don't forget the majority. The show is still about Pokemon battles and anything else related to it. Just be thankful that they threw in a romantic sub-plot. There's really no need to over-analyze everything. If the writers intend to make it canon then they will. If not, then move on. But meh, what do I know. You guys did say that part of being an amournazishipper is analyzing anything they throw in for the ship.

I agree wholeheartedly. Can't explain it in a more clear way than this.

--VIRGO--

I guess that's most people's nature to overanalyze thinkgs (Including myself). Show is targeted to children. But romance isn't black hole to them. However it's not good to look too deep into future, We have not even 60 episodes and people are already talking about Serena's departure or amour conclusion. The best we can do is focus on their date. Which is I'm doing and I think I picked something.

I watched two previews and in the moments, where Serena tries to grab Ash's hand, the moment where she pull back her hand isn't shown. Do you think she will grab his hand after all even for a second? From this preview it looks like it is possible.

amour4ever

I'm tired.
Hi everyone, newbie here. :)

I guess that's most people's nature to overanalyze thinkgs (Including myself). Show is targeted to children. But romance isn't black hole to them. However it's not good to look too deep into future, We have not even 60 episodes and people are already talking about Serena's departure or amour conclusion. The best we can do is focus on their date. Which is I'm doing and I think I picked something.

I watched two previews and in the moments, where Serena tries to grab Ash's hand, the moment where she pull back her hand isn't shown. Do you think she will grab his hand after all even for a second? From this preview it looks like it is possible.

While I am guilty of thinking about the future of Amour, I am, as you said, trying my best to just focus on their "date". IMO, it's going to be a very cute and shippy episode with no negatives, so I'm satisfied... for now.

As for Serena grabbing Ash's hand, while I would LOVE to see that happen, I don't think it will.

ChloeTheDragonMaster

a friendly rouge
While i am an optimist i do agree with SOME of these negative posts...

Thats the thing that runs through my mind at least 50% of the time, we all must remember. pokemon veteran or not, this is a kids show... even if the rating has gone up to a PG so that could mean that the ship turns into a literal speedboat or it sinks with the others so i do agree with asuna07neros here.

However this one..... i won't argue, unlike others i respect opinions but this is a bit to farfetched and i can't agree with it, sure we might not get nothing out of this episode but the fact remains...untill it comes out Episode 59 will quite litteraly be the most hyped episode of the entire series and theres nothing ANYONE can do about it.

so Queequeg...i respect your opinion...but please... don't try to drown out the hopes of others on this thread.

Last edited:
Oh please. Not this discussion again about pessimism vs. optimism. They walk hand in hand. Every hero needs a villain to maintain his hero status. Similarly in order to keep optimism under check, some "pessimistic" comments are required. Feel free to debunk them as long as you have concrete facts to back your statements. And honestly, stop this. This is an AmourShipping discussion thread- not some thread to discuss whether pessimism is right or optimism. Both positivism and negativity is acceptable as long as it is kept with in reasonable limits, and can be explained by a line of thought that is at least slightly convincing.

And welcome to all the newbies!

Third, I really think this episode...at least this particular episode, will be really shippy. To me, the key point lies in whether Ash gives the gift because of his own intuition or with some external influence. I believe that the former would mean much more in terms of developing Amour simply because he was thoughtful enough to do so. Do correct me if I'm wrong here, but till now Ash hasn't exactly given anyone a gift out of his own accord. And all the gift giving has always been towards the end of a saga. So if Ash gives her a gift out of his own accord here, I consider that massive. It still does not mean that he has fallen for her, but it at least goes one step in that direction.

--VIRGO--

As the matter of fact I don't recall Ash giving any kind of gifts either. Now thinking of it Ash is very mature in this series. Did you guys noticed, when there is some kind of conflict in the anime, it's usually amour couple, who tries to break it. But they don't participates in conflicts themselves. Serena has never been hit by Thunderbolt, nor her bike. Ash never openly shouted at her. When she tried to catch her first Pokémon (Corsola) he never shouted for incompetency. They are in perfect sync. That's something itself.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
No opinions on my theory? :( I think I know how you feel Dr. (Oh well it was kinda farfetch'd anyway :p)
As the matter of fact I don't recall Ash giving any kind of gifts either. Now thinking of it Ash is very mature in this series. Did you guys noticed, when there is some kind of conflict in the anime, it's usually amour couple, who tries to break it. But they don't participates in conflicts themselves. Serena has never been hit by Thunderbolt, nor her bike. Ash never openly shouted at her. When she tried to catch her first Pokémon (Corsola) he never shouted for incompetency. They are in perfect sync. That's something itself.

That's totally true. He has treated her well, and hasn't even argued with her once. The only times they "disagreed" (if I could say that) was when he wanted to eat the PIECE OF CAKE! *ahem* all by himself and when he wanted to go through TR's tube to rescue Pikachu. Their relationship on that aspect is much, much better than with the other girls.

This may or may not be part of my theory, but it's the truth anyway:
He has been acting mature and confident around her (differently than when he acts like that normally, trust me, I know the difference), or tried to, on various episodes. Also things like:
-Cheek scratching when inviting her to join the group
-Fist in the air while winking when she got out of Penelope's car and asked him if he was fine
-Nose rubbing, slight confident laughter after handing Serena's hat to her and after she thanked him for saving her
-Nose rubbing again, when handing his present of appreciation of thanks to her

Aside from the gentleman-ish behavior, he has shown that particular body language. Thoughts?

Oh btw, welcome, ChloeTheDragonMaster and amour4ever! Nice of you to join the S.S. Amour!

Last edited:

Graham Aker

What are we even arguing about here? Well, whatever...the next episode looks fun enough. Serena seemingly trying to pump herself up, in what she thinks is a date is amusing.

I'd love it if Serena looks at the weeding dress, and fantasizes about her and Ash, but it's interrupted by Ash fanboying over the odd looking doll he's excitedly pointing at on the sidewalk. Making Serena face fault "This is where I've placed my affections..." with a sweatdrop. We need more stuff like that tbqh.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
I removed my previous post as I believe that was a result of me being tired and when I get tired I can get overzealous in my statements. I in no way intended to have an argument there and I am sorry that I did so as I am someone who earlier spoke out against the arguing myself.

Now onto a positive note. Graham I think that would be a funny scenario because it gives us a little bit of that Ash we love, the one that is who gets all excited over the simplest of things. I am pretty sure you could make a modification to a simple stick and pass it off as "so amazing" in Ash's world. And honestly I don't think Serena would have a problem with it and I am pretty sure it would be "cute" in her mind. But I can see that reaction as almost certain if that was in fact the case there.

I also think VIRGO has a point with that never arguing stuff. I mean I think even if Serena got a little sassy I still think Ash wouldn't even fight back in any way. I mean he didn't fight back when she slapped his hand away from the cake, and usually if you get in between Ash and his food, you might end up regretting it. But not Serena, she has Ash acting completely differently this series as opposed to others. I think on one hand it would be nice for them to get into a little bit of a spat though as it would be interesting to see how they make up. But on the other it is nice to see Ash actually getting along with his female traveling companion without conflict and it would be nice for that to continue as it adds to the uniqueness of this ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.