• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemont/Bonnie are in no way leaving after the 5th Gym. They're popular characters and the writers have never changed the group dynamic in the middle of a saga.

I know some of you are desperate for more episodes of Ash/Serena alone but there's no way its going to happen, even for a short arc.

What makes you think that it would change the group dynamic in any significant way? Besides, we are seeing a "first date" episode for the first time in the anime. Things can easily change. It isn't like people are speculating their outright removal anyway. It is just two or three episodes! And in return, they can give one episode focusing on Clemont and Bonnie alone too. There are many ways in which this can be handled.

As such, I believe that if indeed we see such an arc, it won't be as shippy as the date episode, let's say. It will take about 40-50 episodes before we see such a heavily shippy episode again. But until then, minor hints are expected anyway.

The cast separation theory isn't very substantial or reasonable anyway in my opinion; if the boys need to hide their training and new strategies, they could simply train in different parts of a forest or something and problem solved. I'm sure Ash and Serena will need another shippy episode eventually (I'm 70% sure that we'll even get a "second date" episode one day), but an Amour-centric episode shouldn't come at the cost of the cast splitting up over something so trivial in my opinion. As I said before, XY059 seems like enough shipping fuel for a long time anyway. :p

True, I think the date episode would be enough to fuel the amour ship and last until another shippy episode comes out. I expect some toning down for a couple of episodes after episode 59. IMO, it is enough to keep us at bay and it would be asking too much if we expect another high quality shippy episode in a short period of time after the date episode airs. I do expect another date in the future since episode 59 does say "Satoshi and Serena's 1st date". All in all, I am not worried at all and just enjoy whatever the writers can offer us in terms of hints.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

:S what's going on here!?
My two cents:
1) Ash's words during the previews are misleading, even though he talks about a "date" it's just to mention the episode title (yes, don't get heart attacks yet kids :p)
2) We have to understand Serena's point of view (as a girl): if a boy you like tells you to go out, you'll assume it's a "date" and he is interested on you too! (read your dating 101 book) :D
I see Ash "warming up" after this episode, which is good considering his innocent reactions to Serena's hints.
Over and out! zzz...

Tourist Juan

True that it wouldn't just revolve around Ash's regular routine so we may also see more bonding between Ash and Serena. However, this isn't the same as before, Serena now has to train for her TriPokelon competition. She is not going to go idle and watch Ash do his training anymore. Serena now has a goal to think of so she will have to prioritize that. Of course, this is my realistic expectation. I do hope for some more bonding moments between them, should ever they spend another alone time in Lumiose city.

This is true. By this time Serena will be busy with her own training. But i can also see Serena wanting to help Ash with training.
May end up with Ash giving Serena some pointers for future pokemon battles making her a better trainer. Who knows maybe hell even give her some tips from when he participated in some of the pokemon contests
and help her with her performances?

Still this is just as likely not to happen so at this point we are just throwing ideas around till Thursday. XD

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
The cast separation theory isn't very substantial or reasonable anyway in my opinion; if the boys need to hide their training and new strategies, they could simply train in different parts of a forest or something and problem solved. I'm sure Ash and Serena will need another shippy episode eventually (I'm 70% sure that we'll even get a "second date" episode one day), but an Amour-centric episode shouldn't come at the cost of the cast splitting up over something so trivial in my opinion. As I said before, XY059 seems like enough shipping fuel for a long time anyway. :p

I wasn't thinking that it would be amour centric, more of a bonus to the possibility of them splitting for a little, but I do think that it could really give us some development in their characters as they could both reflect without the presence of other matters. And I think that they also need to have more episodes focusing on either just Ash or just Serena if not the two of them as well because having the other two out of the picture for a bit might give a chance for them to build on character for each. Also I wouldn't really call them splitting up for a few episodes a cost per say. I mean it isn't like they won't see each other again so I don't really see any long term consequences to the idea. No harm, no foul.

And think about how awkward the TR encounters could get for a little while. Just them teasing Ash and Serena after seeing them alone together a few times would add to the fun in the idea.

And honestly that date episode could fuel our fire for the next thirty or so episodes and I am fine with it, but no harm in a few episodes where they can add to it really well. If they have another episode that even compares with this upcoming date episode (assuming it is what we hope it is) then I would have to find some extra tables to flip. And I wouldn't expect them to go to far beyond that "Date" for quite a while, so a few extra shippy episodes wouldn't hurt, this just gives them a better excuse as to where they would happen.

But lets be realistic here, I think all of us would get bored if they just trained for the episodes leading up to the gym battle. And I think the writers have enough common sense to not do that, so I would expect there to be not as much focus on training and the possibility for more little things like adventures through forests, helping pokemon and such. So to expect them to just train is just as realistic as for them to be just giving hints the entire time in my opinion. (Neither of which is very likely)

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

TR teasing Ash and Serena? :p Jessie and James friendzoned each other!
Some episodes between now and Lumiose's battle are focusing on Serena, they will give us some extra hints, but not as big as what we can get Tomorrow :D

gsdfhf

Wumboligist
Ok, so I was thinking of something earlier and thought to see what you guys think.

Even though the only place really suitable for this was near Cyllage City (however it's spelled...), but hey, they had one of these episodes after Unova, so they could surprise us.

Oh, right. The question.

Q: How do you think a beach episode would play out?

I'm still thinking of my own answer to the question, so I'd like to hear what you say to help me get a better idea.

(I know how a beach episode works, ok? You guys know what I mean...I hope...)

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Ok, so I was thinking of something earlier and thought to see what you guys think.

Even though the only place really suitable for this was near Cyllage City (however it's spelled...), but hey, they had one of these episodes after Unova, so they could surprise us.

Oh, right. The question.

I'm still thinking of my own answer to the question, so I'd like to hear what you say to help me get a better idea.

Role-Play powers, ACTIVATE

No I'm not Good with role-play so I'm just gonna speculate that obviously will get Ash being amazed at Serenas swimsuit. Come on now we all want that. Or is that so out of character. Probs not.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Thank you for the welcome, pokesrini & Sonicheroesfan1!

First, from one newbie to another, welcome. :)

Second, while I'm giddy and somewhat content that Serena even attempts to grab Ash's hand, I ultimately agree that, sooner rather than later, she needs to make a move that he cannot miss or mistake.

I welcome both of you newcomers to this thread and the world of Amourshipping :D At first I have been riding this ship as more of a spectator, but I've grown into a full supporter a while ago. About the hand thing, I think that if Serena is successful in grabbing his hand, that right there would be a move that he might not "miss or mistake". I would certainly hope!

Do you want more hype!!??

Attention to the dialogues and to that Kunoe City BGM!! FEELS are rising on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Pls deph or kei17... :ahem: pK'-sama (gomen, i was on kanzenshuu seeing some crap today and i confuse the nicks) translate what are they saying on the short preview.

PS: Has TV Tokyo made 3rd previews or CMs for another episodes in the past??

Last edited by a moderator:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
10characters

So they're showing a unique ad for this episode on TV these days.
No actual new animation, but the narration is cute and reuses the same misinterpretation joke from XY13 regarding the word "tsukiau", which literally means "to accompany", but which is practically never used to mean anything other than "to date, to be boyfriend and girlfriend", especially not hen it comes to younger people.

So the dialogue goes as follows:

Satoshi: Hey Serena, be with me. (tsukiau, see above)
Serena: "B-Be with"? Y-You mean...
Satoshi: Come on, let's go!
Serena: I...
Satoshi: Here goes!
Serena: W-Wait!
Satoshi: Look forward to Pocket Monsters XY!
Serena: Oh... THAT's what you meant.
Satoshi: That's what I meant.

(yeah, it doesn't translate too well due to the joke being about a word that has multiple meanings, but you get the general idea)

Also general reminder that linking to illegally uploaded video clips like this is against the rules forum-wide.

taeuknam

Oh, right. The question.

Any or all of the following:

- Serena is wearing a very provocative string bikini
- XY021 stare from Ash
- "Could you rub this suncream all over me?" - Serena
- Serena drools/fantasizes over Ash's shirtlessnes

Midnight Reality

Dephender said:
Interesting. My first thought was that this means "Ash didn't think what Serena was thinking", assuming Serena was thinking something romantic.

I know the dialogue could mean something different, but do we have reason to believe it's something other than that?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I know the dialogue could mean something different, but do we have reason to believe it's something other than that?

The joke is that Satoshi says "tsukiattekure" and intends it to carry the literal meaning of "come with me for a second", while Serena interprets it to mean "go out with me/be my girlfriend/etc", which is the logical way to interpret the phrase.

As I said, it doesn't translate all that well into English since the joke relies on a phrase with multiple meanings being misinterpreted. The lines at the end is her disappointedly realizing what Satoshi actually meant when he said those words.

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
10characters

[
So they're showing a unique ad for this episode on TV these days.
No actual new animation, but the narration is cute and reuses the same misinterpretation joke from XY13 regarding the word "tsukiau", which literally means "to accompany", but which is practically never used to mean anything other than "to date, to be boyfriend and girlfriend", especially not hen it comes to younger people.

So the dialogue goes as follows:

Satoshi: Hey Serena, be with me. (tsukiau, see above)
Serena: "B-Be with"? Y-You mean...
Satoshi: Come on, let's go!
Serena: I...
Satoshi: Here goes!
Serena: W-Wait!
Satoshi: Look forward to Pocket Monsters XY!

(yeah, it doesn't translate too well due to the joke being about a word that has multiple meanings, but you get the general idea)

Also general reminder that linking to illegally uploaded video clips like this is against the rules forum-wide.

Hmm, some things about this mini-promo:
1. The BGM. Seriously, I need to get this on my phone.
2. The dialogue. I think it was purposefully chosen, due to the possible misinterpretations, as stated by Dephender.
3. The fact that the BGM fades out before the last two lines. When Serena speaks she sounds a bit disappointed.

I think these lines, in some form or another, show up at the beginning of the episode, when he invites her to go shopping.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
10characters

Thanks for the translation, Dephender. My oh my, between this teasing from the marketers and the pasta-filled preview of the date episode, the hype train has really sped up! Alas I'll be asleep while this episode airs (as is the case every week), so I won't be able to join the party until later, but boy, what else is there even left to say about this episode? I'm out of words.

I'm hoping for a good episode tomorrow, though I'm still not going to set any sort of hard expectations. Whatever happens, I hope that it will serve as a good step forward for the show and for the ship.

Regarding all this speculation about the group potentially splitting up sometime between XY61 and the Lumiose Gym battle (and potentially opening the door to more shippiness betwen Ash and Serena)...I don't see them doing it for more than a few episodes. There's really only so many times you can show these guys training separately, and after a certain point the viewer will be like, "Okay, I get the idea already."

Tourist Juan

Everyone! Tomorrows the big day. Since my mind is reeling right now with anticipation, i can safely say that most of you are in the same boat. XD

We have talked, discussed and argued about tomorrows episode so much that we must have covered a lot of the possibilities that the episode might gives us.
Regardless of what happens tomorrow i say have fun and enjoy the show. =)

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Tomorrow

Hey there, just wanted to pop in for a PSA in light of what will/might happen tomorrow.

First, I want to say that the thread is doing super awesome. Even as judgment day draws closer, one-liners haven't been too frequent (at least not more than usual).

As such, I'm not too worried about tomorrow, but since a couple of new members might join the fun when discussion about XY059 is in full swing, here a couple of reminders:

1) Please don't, at any point, ask for or share links to the episode if you happen to know of any. Not even clips of it. Screenshots and short GIFs are fine if you include more than one line of text.

2) Excited posts are welcome, fangirl/fanboy gushy posts are fine - just remember to stay coherent, on topic and not post any one-liners. If, for some reason, you have the opportunity to watch this episode live, please don't "live-tweet" about it here in a way that makes your post incomprehensible to others (e.g. "OMG now she's looking at him! I can't believe he said that!" - you know, vague, unintelligible messages that only make sense to those who're watching at the same time as you)

2a) On the subject of on-topicness, the Amourshippy and could-be-interpreted-as Amourshippy contents of the episode are the only things about XY059 that belong into this thread. Messages that talk solely about how excited/impatient you are, how you'll "watch it now", or "cannot watch it yet", or wondering "when it'll be uploaded online" (see point 1) are all off-topic. Anything that happens in this episode that is NOT related to Amourshipping (other characters, battle against TR, etc.) should be discussed in the Episode Discussion thread for XY059 in the Anime subforum.

3) This one I'm not very concerned about, but again, since there might be newbies who, in their excitement, forget to read the Shipping Rules and the rules in the OP here...

No potshots at other shippers, be it supporters of a rival ship or an unrelated ship. (Possible) reactions of non-Amourshippers do not need to concern you. If an anti-ASer comes here and makes mean comments (remember that polite criticism&skepticism is fine, even from people who don't support the ship), please report the post instead of replying. Same if you see someone making mean remarks about AS in a different thread.

Sorry, this got longer than expected. I hope this post will turn out to be unnecessary (there's a good chance that it will, considering how well the thread has been doing so far), but it doesn't hurt to stay on the safe side ^_^ Have fun!

amour4ever

I'm tired.
You are in the other forum too right? Awesome! :D

I think that the move that Ash cannot mistake- that is, a confession, will only happen in the end of the XY saga. But now, I believe that we will see a true resolution to this ship in one way or the other, positive or negative at the end. The date episode is unmistakably shippy, and now we know that they really do have intentions of taking this ship somewhere. I don't say that this is definitely going to end up as a canon relationship; in fact, it might be the opposite for all we know. But it will be resolved completely, unlike PokeShipping which had a rather abstract ending.

Indeed I am. :D

A confession would definitely do the trick, but, while I by no means whatsoever expect this to happen in XY59, I tend to believe Serena kissing Ash on the cheek would also get the job done.

I too believe, or at least have high hopes, that we'll get a resolution to this ship. I will not be a happy camper if we don't, though it's something I of course am always aware is completely possible.

I welcome both of you newcomers to this thread and the world of Amourshipping :D At first I have been riding this ship as more of a spectator, but I've grown into a full supporter a while ago. About the hand thing, I think that if Serena is successful in grabbing his hand, that right there would be a move that he might not "miss or mistake". I would certainly hope!

Thank you for the welcome. :)

If Serena were to grab Ash's hand, I think for it to open up his eyes, even if only a little, it would have to be accompanied by a smile and blushing, that of course Ash sees, and not just us. A little squeeze wouldn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.