• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm personally hoping for more episodes like XY59 to air throughout the rest of the series. I thought the amour hints in the episode were pretty good and pretty much spot on from what I was expecting, except the part where Ash was fooling around more during the shopping scenes. I figured Serena would be the one to be less focused, or so it seems. Anyways I loved the moment where Ash gave the ribbon he won as a gift to Serena, I pretty much consider it a hint, a subtle one at that. I also think that whenever he scratches his face that it's a subtle hint as well as he's never done that before iirc. What I hope to see for any future date episodes is more subtle hints for Ash while Serena starts opening up and showing more hints on the outside besides blushing. I do think amour may have a chance to become 2 sides, which would be great imo and would add some depth to both characters. Plus it'd be really cute lol.

Nothing new happened in this episode in development. Serena really isn't acting on what Millefui told her. And Ash goes off on his own for the most of the "date." Scenes like the cliff/river one and more banter is what is better in writing than forced red herring promotions.

BlueDragonfangirl

Nothing new happened in this episode in development. Serena really isn't acting on what Millefui told her. And Ash goes off on his own for the most of the "date." Scenes like the cliff/river one and more banter is what is better in writing than forced red herring promotions.

Meh, till she returns or another girl makes a move on him why should she?

She at least tried to hold his hand this episode that's some thing LOL.

While I was good with the hints I was disapointed with how much Pokemon advertised it and made it to be like this was an actual date. They know where the ratings a come from here don't they? That's why they try to over promote this stuff as much as they possibly can :/

Good thing Pokemon shipping fandom isn't like back in the days or like the Sakura x Naruto fandom.

Let's not forget it is still rather early for her to actually act on what Miette told her. If anything, she'll begin acting on it after XY130 or so. If it doesn't happen even there, and there's absolutely no development till then, then I'll start worrying a bit. As to Ash going off on his own, I won't argue with you there. But he did give that gift at the end, so that's something big from his side. To me at least, and I think to quite a few others, it did give some development, and at least served as a reminder that they are still interested in addressing it. So I'm willing to wait and see.

I do agree though, this episode was blown out of proportion. But I suppose that was partly our doing too. If it actually works out to be something at the end, then I'm not one to complain.

Sheepy Lamby

Meh, till she returns or another girl makes a move on him why should she?

She at least tried to hold his hand this episode that's some thing LOL.

While I was good with the hints I was disapointed with how much Pokemon advertised it and made it to be like this was an actual date. They know where the ratings a come from here don't they? That's why they try to over promote this stuff as much as they possibly can :/

Good thing Pokemon shipping fandom isn't like back in the days or like the Sakura x Naruto fandom.

Many people like you complaining now about the misleading episode title :(
While I understand your disappointment, I would also like to remind (ourselves) that this is not the first time the writers sell us illusions with fancy titles :/
Yes, it feels bad. But we can get good moments from this episode like the nice gesture of Ash giving Serena a present, this will really mean a lot for Serena, and probably will thank Ash in a more effusive way while using it during the following episodes :)
Let's be more positive guys! It's the weekend! :D

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
First off, thanks Dephender for clearing things up about the rumours.

Him winning the league need not mean that his journey ends there. Winning one regional league doesn't make one a Pokemon master. As such, i don't think his dream will be fulfilled. I expect his story to end with him being a very powerful trainer, possibly having defeated one or two champions, but he may not be a master.

I will call out to Zack_in_Black's post here. I do expect we will see more of these kinds of episodes. Now they may not be called "second date", "third date", etc. but they will function as development episodes for the subplot. Laverre City obviously holds a lot of potential. I think that we will also see an episode where Serena gets separated from them, and Ash goes out of his way to find her. There's plenty of potential for this subplot yet. I certainly feel that the date episode is still being underrated by AmourShippers, and taken in face value by those who weren't that keen on it, or were pessimistic.

If someone still wishes to argue about that Ash hint (the gift scene), then at least this episode shows that they are interested in addressing the subplot rather than letting it die out. Remember even ContestShipping, the ship that is closest to canon, didn't get this much in 59 episodes. So we are getting a whole lot.

According to your post, it seems like this series will continue forever. No. I think it has to end sometime. If one were to say before the XY saga that we'd eventually get a supporting character with an implied crush on Ash, let alone a canon one, you would've thought him mad. Yet here we stand, arguing that what we saw "wasn't enough". Anything could happen. There's a reason why I am even thinking that Serena has the chance to stay on at the end of this saga if Ash's story doesn't end with this, and that reason is this. We have already seen what we thought was impossible happen.

Anyhow, I think that discussion isn't suitable for this thread. My opinion regarding AmourShipping is that there is a chance that it might be 2 sided eventually. Disagree with me all you want, but I don't buy the theory that they are just pushing this for temporary gains, and then they'll return to status quo. Because let me tell you, temporary gains mean nothing for a business that has long term plans. And I certainly don't see any other reason for pushing this so hard. That's just my opinion.

I think all of these are good points, and honestly I didn't have a better word than date in my previous posts. I more or less just meant that those are the possibilities for the large scale hints that we all want to see and I wanted to space them out relatively well so we didn't get one after another in terms of ship heavy episodes. I also think that you are right in terms of temporary gains, I see no reason for them to do all of this and have it die out in the long run because the show would probably lose a lot of support. So unless they aren't very good business men, I think that we have good reason to assume that they have a long term goal that they want to reach here. If the status quo didn't work previously, why would they think that they should go back to it.

P.S---In other news, the dub season two starts again tomorrow and I am hoping for a good opening theme this time. Not that I didn't like the previous one, but as soon as the nostalgia ran out after the first few episodes, it got really boring. This also means that I get to see how well the dub portrays all of the shippy scenes and I get to see what they name the "date" episode. I think they would be wise to give it a generic title as to not imply the date.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I was both disappointed and happy with the date episode. I'll put my points down because YOLO.

Negatives:
Ash is annoying when it comes to shopping. I could feel Serena's frustration. Imagine the bonding time we could have seen if he had have stayed with her.
TR were in the episode. Ruined more chances for Amourshipping hints.
Ash' present that he gave to Serena wasn't actually bought by him.

Positives:
Serena inspired Ash, again. Not even sure what they were talking about on the monorail, but it seemed she inspired him when it came to finding the right presents. Plus Ash looked confused at one point. One of you guys has probably put the translation on, so I'll look for that.
The hand-holding scene. Cute much? :3
Serena being happy on the first monorail ride, shows them both having a good time.
Ash actually giving her a present, even if wasn't technically from him.

Overall, decent episode, good amount of hints as expected, but it would have been better if we saw some more alone time and TR wasn't there.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star

Actually, idk if Serena will ever act upon what Millefui told her, as her VA retired and it's highly unlikely that she'll return to act upon what she told Serena in that one episode. As for developement, that scene at the very end had to be of some importance regarding developement for this ship, right?

Last edited:
Well I did hang out in YouTube a bit. There was some disappointment there too, but overall I felt that the sentiment there was much more positive than here. There were great points about how this episode gives a firm foundation for AmourShipping to grow on in future. They are overall more happy about the gift especially, claiming that it is the biggest hint so far that Ash does in fact like her subconsciously. He doesn't know that he likes her yet, but what they share is something special. Sure that may be an overkill, but I think the gift is a big deal. It isn't anything direct like Drew giving roses to Beautifly of course simply because that would be too obvious.

Again like many people mentioned, this is the most heavily pushed ship in Pokemon. It was the best we could get 60 episodes into the saga, and you can be sure we'll get more in future. Reason? if they had no intentions of showing any more hints in future, they wouldn't reiterate in this episode that Serena has a crush on him. Remember that some were actually doubting if Serena's dream would mean that AmourShipping is finished. So this serves to disprove that.

Anyway, question time. When do you think we will see the next spate of hints- big or small?

I say XY060 has some chances, and XY064.

I was both disappointed and happy with the date episode. I'll put my points down because YOLO.

Negatives:
Ash is annoying when it comes to shopping. I could feel Serena's frustration. Imagine the bonding time we could have seen if he had have stayed with her.
TR were in the episode. Ruined more chances for Amourshipping hints.
Ash' present that he gave to Serena wasn't actually bought by him.

Positives:
Serena inspired Ash, again. Not even sure what they were talking about on the monorail, but it seemed she inspired him when it came to finding the right presents. Plus Ash looked confused at one point. One of you guys has probably put the translation on, so I'll look for that.
The hand-holding scene. Cute much? :3
Serena being happy on the first monorail ride, shows them both having a good time.
Ash actually giving her a present, even if wasn't technically from him.

Overall, decent episode, good amount of hints as expected, but it would have been better if we saw some more alone time and TR wasn't there.
TR's appearance wasn't much of a big deal. They only appeared later that night. Satoshi wandering off is what killed the moment. Should he have stayed longer, there would have been more moments between him and Serena.

I'm just going to take this whole present thing as a grain of salt. It's not like he took effort into getting that gift unlike the effort that he made for his Pokemon. Should he never had won that, Satoshi won't have anything to give Serena and just simply thank her. Besides, what would he need it for in the 1st place (Unless...)? If something good comes out of it, then that's the time that I'll take interest on it.

I'm just going to take this whole present thing as a grain of salt. It's not like he took effort into getting that gift unlike the effort that he made for his Pokemon. Should he never had won that, Satoshi won't have anything to give Serena and just simply thank her. Besides, what would he need it for in the 1st place (Unless...)? If something good comes out of it, then that's the time that I'll take interest on it.

Certainly. But I feel that it was odd that he conveniently won that gift; and that too a gift that was suitable only for females (or...). And another odd thing was that he won that gift for being some milestone number traveller. Surely such a gift would be something more than just a ribbon? the very purpose of the introduction of the prize seemed to have been for this. Again, Ash couldn't even buy gifts for his Pokemon, so what would he buy for Serena? And that would be far too big of a hint.

Of course, i could be wrong. But I think it does count as something- that gift scene. The key thing is that Ash deeply thanked her for the help she gave him.

Another point I would like to add, I think the ship is anchored to the main storyline. You see, the key message that we have gotten was that Ash and her share something deeper with each other. Serena has always given the emotional support and/or inspiration that Ash needed in many situations. Ash has done the same so far. XY059 was the foundation of the change, so I expect that as Serena progresses with her Tripokelons and Ash progresses with his gym battles, we'll see the bond grow deeper. I guess this follows the storyline like Prince of Persia was, or more easily relateable- Pacific Rim. This seems more of a relationship about deep trust and a deep bond rather than something blatantly romantic.

For once, I strongly agree with KGPrestige's discussion. I think those AmourShippers who lost hope, or are disappointed, you should go watch that. It is a tad bit long, but he has summarised all our points very well.

Last edited:

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
TR's appearance wasn't much of a big deal. They only appeared later that night. Satoshi wandering off is what killed the moment. Should he have stayed longer, there would have been more moments between him and Serena.

I agree that TR's appearance had very little effect on the episode as a whole, I mean they showed up for maybe three minutes max and really didn't do anything that deterred from the shipping as there wasn't really anything going on at that point anyway. I also agree with you on what really killed the episode, and that was Ash just running off constantly when Serena quite obviously wanted to spend time with him and it was pretty apparent by her facial expressions.

I agree and disagree with you on your final statement. I think that although Ash didn't buy the gift for her and if he hadn't won it he actually wouldn't have had anything to give her, but I disagree though in the fact that I do believe that it is still quite substantial and the writers threw it in there for the entire reason of it going to Serena later on, so they were obviously hinting at something there. Also I do believe that we will see something with that ribbon later on as well, because again, they wouldn't just throw some random ribbon in there as a gift from Ash for absolutely no reason. I think we need to believe that there is a method to their madness here.

Overall I think we actually agree on most of the same things.

Edit: Pokesrini, I like your comparisons to good movies, but unlike Prince of Persia, these two didn't start out by hating each other, if you are in fact talking about the movie.

Last edited:
Edit: Pokesrini, I like your comparisons to good movies, but unlike Prince of Persia, these two didn't start out by hating each other, if you are in fact talking about the movie.

I feel that those movies actually showcase that kind of story very well. Even HP to an extent had it that way. And by PoP, I am drawing reference to the Two Thrones game. The movie was a mix of both SoT and TT. Anyway, I guess that's for VMs. I believe that we'll end up seeing a love story which looks a lot like the one Pacific Rim had. The movie may have been trash, but the subplot was fantastic. They had a deep bond with each other, and they were very clearly love with each other at the end but they didn't so much as kiss. Also it seems most other animes had that kind of story- like NaruHina. (there was a marriage after a timeskip, so that could happen in Pkmn too).

Anyhow, I feel that we will see Ash supporting her in her Tripokelons; initially just a bit, but eventually it would grow more vocal. Which is why I have hopes of small hints from XY060 and XY064. Of course, we don't know of the episodes after that...

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
I feel that those movies actually showcase that kind of story very well. Even HP to an extent had it that way. And by PoP, I am drawing reference to the Two Thrones game. The movie was a mix of both SoT and TT. Anyway, I guess that's for VMs. I believe that we'll end up seeing a love story which looks a lot like the one Pacific Rim had. The movie may have been trash, but the subplot was fantastic. They had a deep bond with each other, and they were very clearly love with each other at the end but they didn't so much as kiss. Also it seems most other animes had that kind of story- like NaruHina. (there was a marriage after a timeskip, so that could happen in Pkmn too).

Anyhow, I feel that we will see Ash supporting her in her Tripokelons; initially just a bit, but eventually it would grow more vocal. Which is why I have hopes of small hints from XY060 and XY064. Of course, we don't know of the episodes after that...

True, my best guesses would be those episodes, and I have a feeling they will also show a hint or two or even a mini-hint on XY067. Maybe some of you guys will know why that exact one. When we get information on it, then I will continue believing or just discard it.

I'm willing to see a "Sugoi..." from Ash on XY060 when he sees Serena's performance. Could be from excitement, plus he's awed by the amazing effects and coreography, so it could be a hint/not hint. Some people would treat it like the past gens "up-to-interpretation" hints, but seeing how Ash has been acting, and how their relationship develops, maybe it could mean something more to us shippers :p

Is it too farfetch'd to see Ash saying that? I mean, he has done that when seeing May and/or Dawn on their contests, right?
Right?

True, my best guesses would be those episodes, and I have a feeling they will also show a hint or two or even a mini-hint on XY067. Maybe some of you guys will know why that exact one. When we get information on it, then I will continue believing or just discard it.

I'm willing to see a "Sugoi..." from Ash on XY060 when he sees Serena's performance. Could be from excitement, plus he's awed by the amazing effects and coreography, so it could be a hint/not hint. Some people would treat it like the past gens "up-to-interpretation" hints, but seeing how Ash has been acting, and how their relationship develops, maybe it could mean something more to us shippers :p

Is it too farfetch'd to see Ash saying that? I mean, he has done that when seeing May and/or Dawn on their contests, right?
Right?

Why XY067? I don't think we have any information about that episode...not even a title right? Unless I missed something.

I'll tell you what can be considered a hint regarding Ash's response to Serena's performance(s). Muted excitement. You see Clemont's reaction in the New Year's Preview? If Ash does that sort of a thing, maybe even slightly toned down like exclaiming, "Wow! So nice!", it means nothing. If it is like, "Wow...so nice..." and he says it in sort of a whisper, then it is a hint.

Queequeg

WHY didn't Ash hold Serena's hand at the end when they were watching the fireworks. This episode was one gigantic face palm. Per the course. We already know Serena loves Ash but geez Ash could do a little more effort on his part. He is still largely one-dimensional as ever (great job writers) but the gift was at least something....

If anything this shipping might have even regressed LOL.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Many people like you complaining now about the misleading episode title :(
While I understand your disappointment, I would also like to remind (ourselves) that this is not the first time the writers sell us illusions with fancy titles :/
Yes, it feels bad. But we can get good moments from this episode like the nice gesture of Ash giving Serena a present, this will really mean a lot for Serena, and probably will thank Ash in a more effusive way while using it during the following episodes :)
Let's be more positive guys! It's the weekend! :D

I'm just annoyed with how over board they go in advertisement with stuff like this, remember that time they'd keep promoting and advertise that scene of Serena getting jealous in that one X and Y episode and it was just one scene? While it was still a great hint, it's just annoying is all when they do that. I some times feel like I'm watching an Abridged series hereXD

Like I said I loved the moments they had this episode even though we saw it in the preview already they were still cute. I'm one of the few who does consider Ash giving Serena a present a hint from his side but yah, gave my two cents.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
WHY didn't Ash hold Serena's hand at the end when they were watching the fireworks. This episode was one gigantic face palm. Per the course. We already know Serena loves Ash but geez Ash could do a little more effort on his part. He is still largely one-dimensional as ever (great job writers) but the gift was at least something....

Why would he put in effort when he doesn't like her romantically? If he had a crush like she has on him, I'd understand the expectations for Ash giving us a shipping hint as well, but we've known all along that only Serena has a crush. I do agree that his present to her was nice though even if I don't see it as a shipping hint per se. I'm still in awe over the fact that he gave her something at all.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran

If anything this shipping might have even regressed LOL.

Nah, don't think that The ship for Serena's part is still navigating, it hasn't been stranded, and for Ash's part, well, what do you know, the gift might be a starter for big hints from him. If anything I think the ship has slowly moved to new seas. (Allright I know it was terrible I'll stop with the puns)

Trust me, I know how you feel, in fact, most of us do, but hey, aren't you hoping for something too high?
I mean, think about it. Don't you think Ash of all people holding Serena's hand out of the blue would be totally out of character? Why would Ash do that? Because there are some pretty fireworks in the sky and he's looking at them with Serena by his side? He wouldn't even get the minimal thought of it. It's Ash we're talking about, not us trying to make a move on the girl we like lol. Plus, it's Serena who likes Ash, not the other way around.... YET!

Why XY067? I don't think we have any information about that episode...not even a title right? Unless I missed something.

I'll tell you what can be considered a hint regarding Ash's response to Serena's performance(s). Muted excitement. You see Clemont's reaction in the New Year's Preview? If Ash does that sort of a thing, maybe even slightly toned down like exclaiming, "Wow! So nice!", it means nothing. If it is like, "Wow...so nice..." and he says it in sort of a whisper, then it is a hint.

Well, you and me will see when information about it gets revealed.

Also, do you mean like a... mouth happily open in amazement, while echo (words on his head) saying "Wow... so nice..."?

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

I'm just annoyed with how over board they go in advertisement with stuff like this, remember that time they'd keep promoting and advertise that scene of Serena getting jealous in that one X and Y episode and it was just one scene? While it was still a great hint, it's just annoying is all when they do that. I some times feel like I'm watching an Abridged series hereXD

Like I said I loved the moments they had this episode even though we saw it in the preview already they were still cute. I'm one of the few who does consider Ash giving Serena a present a hint from his side but yah, gave my two cents.

Yes, I remember that episode, too much hype and the outcome wasn't really great :p lol! you are right!
But, what can we expect? Ash is only half of the way from the league. If we great a big hint, this will come if Serena wins one of her contest or after the league... let's be patient :)
Yep, the preview was great! I consider that moment you talk about a quasi-hint, but we can't deny she scored points doing it ;)

Me browsing 9gag when suddenly....
Le wild amour post appears!

Ash, what have you done!? Lol

[img139]http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/aVWQg6n_700b.jpg[/img139]

Status
Not open for further replies.