• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepy Lamby

I think that discussing about whether Serena might stay on, or whether Ash would continue to the next region at all, or such stuff is not worth at this point. We are still just 60 episodes into the XY saga, and while the various routes that the writers can take at this point are closing down one by one, there are still plenty. So let's discuss that at around XY120 if anything.

See...the ship can be canon too without affecting their culture. There are more than enough examples of animes with canon relationships. It is just that we need to understand the constraints of it, and adjust. And frankly, it isn't like it would be too much for us to think of it in their perspective. Like I mentioned, the subplot of Pacific Rim was perfectly understandable and incontrovertible at the end. Similarly the subplots of Naruto and the other animes were also more than satisfactory. So why not for Pokemon too? They are thinking of the worldwide fanbase. But that doesn't mean that they would bend backwards for us, especially when they really don't need to.

I respect your opinion; however, my first point was to reply to what another person commented lines below, remember that we get new members and they have the right to talk about their expectations if related to the topic.
Regarding your second point, I agree. The examples you provide are good examples. I don't think they will bend backwards for us, but they can do it to break their "adventures of a 10 y.o. boy" plot.
The last episode, in my opinion, was very emotional and showed us how much Serena loves Ash.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
I think that discussing about whether Serena might stay on, or whether Ash would continue to the next region at all, or such stuff is not worth at this point. We are still just 60 episodes into the XY saga, and while the various routes that the writers can take at this point are closing down one by one, there are still plenty. So let's discuss that at around XY120 if anything.

See...the ship can be canon too without affecting their culture. There are more than enough examples of animes with canon relationships. It is just that we need to understand the constraints of it, and adjust. And frankly, it isn't like it would be too much for us to think of it in their perspective. Like I mentioned, the subplot of Pacific Rim was perfectly understandable and incontrovertible at the end. Similarly the subplots of Naruto and the other animes were also more than satisfactory. So why not for Pokemon too? They are thinking of the worldwide fanbase. But that doesn't mean that they would bend backwards for us, especially when they really don't need to.

I think that your statement about them bending over backwards for us is what many people forget about. Yes they have a worldwide fanbase and yes there are more world-wide fans than there are Japanese fans I believe, but we can't expect them to ignore their culture and make everything according to our standards. It just isn't how things work, but I also believe this actually gives us more reason to be hopeful in the long run. This is because they have shown some willingness here to adapt and adjust to what the world-wide fan base wants while still incorporating their traditions and culture. If they are able to do that then I believe that we will continue to see even more change from previous series in relation to this one, because they have found a good balance of tradition and culture with that of the rest of us.

Now I don't expect this transition to go immediately, nor would I expect them to make a full transition, which is why I changed my perspective of this last episode, but I do think that throughout this series we will see more and more of a transition from old to new, only adding to the already endless possibilities for this ship.

In the end I think that the differences in culture are more of a reason for hope than a reason for disappointment because of the gradual change we have seen from last series to this series. Now don't take my word for this as I don't know Japanese culture very well, but I do think this change in the status quo in this series can partially be due to them making adjustments to the world-wide culture and expectations.

And an add-on here to put it in perspective for all of us. What would you do if you were say from Montana like me, we have a lot of traditions here that might not match up with the rest of the world. If I was to make a show about some random thing, I wouldn't just discount where I come from and the traditions that I hold dear just to appeal to those in say California or Florida, but I would also want to make it appealing to them in some way so that they would support my product. This is what you call a happy medium, a way to balance your traditions and beliefs with others who have different traditions and what not. And honestly I think that is what they are trying to do with this series and shipping subplot. They are experimenting to find a good middle ground to support the base that they come from, while still trying to find a way to appeal to other nationalities and backgrounds. There is just a lot to take into consideration here and we have to have an understanding of each others culture to truly get just exactly what they are doing with this show.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion; however, my first point was to reply to what another person commented lines below, remember that we get new members and they have the right to talk about their expectations if related to the topic.

I agree. But that was also to serve as a pointer to those new members who feel the need to bring up the discussion. You see, I am not against those views. But unforunately, we have no trends to back it up, or refute it; and it would result in an endless argument which is more like blind men shooting blunderbusses at long range. This has happened before in the previous thread, and also it is off-topic. Hence I stepped in :)

You've raised some good points and I agree with you. I feel that the points that Science pulled up were quite important as a result. At least we know what to expect. But as such, Ash gifting that to Serena was a big deal. But it seems to be a slightly bigger deal than I had initially expected. That's good. I do think this means that they plan to address the subplot at some point at least, and it does raise my hopes just a little bit for the final resolution of it. Of course, I still won't get my hopes too high.

Ok I don't think that there is any reason to be that negative about it, I mean even some of the most pessimistic people were pretty pleased with the episode. I think that you, like many of us, felt like it didn't live up to the hype and what not, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still a good shippy episode. What would lead you to believe that this is a bad thing and that it should be written off as a failure, because in no way shape or form was it.

The fact that it was overhyped and that the best hints were spoiled by previews, doesn't detract from wha the episode really was. It was a really good episode and there wasn't anything like it beforehand in past generations, so I don't see why this single episode dooms this ship to the same tragic fait that the others suffered. There isn't any reason for someone to be that negative about an entire ship because of a single episode only a little less than a third of the way into the series.

Trollbait my friend. And you fell for it. LOL

Sheepy Lamby

I agree. But that was also to serve as a pointer to those new members who feel the need to bring up the discussion. You see, I am not against those views. But unforunately, we have no trends to back it up, or refute it; and it would result in an endless argument which is more like blind men shooting blunderbusses at long range. This has happened before in the previous thread, and also it is off-topic. Hence I stepped in :)

ok, sorry if I misunderstood your comment dude! :)
We face the eternal situation of repeating topics (considering moew and more people join us every day) but few people here do it with the intention to spoil this thread. :)
Talking about Science (our local hero of the day) he mentioned several sources, but our big problem is that we don't speak Japanese to get into their forums and witness their impressions on this last episode and especially the now famous scene of Ash giving the present. (Time to learn Japanese, we are missing all the fun...)

Johtohfiller

This might be late, but I'll give my impressions of the latest episode. Having watched it twice, I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. The pacing could have been better (mostly because of Team Rocket, which I'll get to in a minute), but as far as content goes they did a really good job.

I can see how people could get annoyed with Ash running off - and honestly, I would have liked some more cute scenes of Ash and Serena together myself - but from a characterization standpoint, it *works*. Ash wasn't intending to be inconsiderate or selfish, it's just his social skills aren't the greatest and he can get distracted easily. He came through for Serena in the end though, showing that he really does care about her (though probably not romantically just yet). And Serena was annoyed at first with Ash leaving but didn't hold a grudge over it, showing her patience with him. The whole episode really felt in-character for both of them IMO.

Ash giving the ribbon to Serena was a great way to end the episode, we finally have something ship-related on Ash's side. I think saving that scene for the very end highlights it as important and shows that they intend to move forward with it.

Now for my main complaint - the Team Rocket battle. It just didn't need to be in this episode. If they had left it out we could had a few more minutes of Ash and Serena together, which I would have much preferred. Ash, Serena, and Clemont teaming up to blast them off was cool, but that could have been in any episode. The battle just didn't add much if anything to the story.

The Dunsparce scene. :D I love Dunsparce and Ash *almost* getting a chance to catch one was such a hilarious troll. Anyone think that might have been meant as a parallel to the Poliwag from the flashback scene?

Great episode, could have been a perfect episode without TR's involvement.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
This might be late, but I'll give my impressions of the latest episode. Having watched it twice, I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. The pacing could have been better (mostly because of Team Rocket, which I'll get to in a minute), but as far as content goes they did a really good job.

I can see how people could get annoyed with Ash running off - and honestly, I would have liked some more cute scenes of Ash and Serena together myself - but from a characterization standpoint, it *works*. Ash wasn't intending to be inconsiderate or selfish, it's just his social skills aren't the greatest and he can get distracted easily. He came through for Serena in the end though, showing that he really does care about her (though probably not romantically just yet). And Serena was annoyed at first with Ash leaving but didn't hold a grudge over it, showing her patience with him. The whole episode really felt in-character for both of them IMO.

Ash giving the ribbon to Serena was a great way to end the episode, we finally have something ship-related on Ash's side. I think saving that scene for the very end highlights it as important and shows that they intend to move forward with it.

Now for my main complaint - the Team Rocket battle. It just didn't need to be in this episode. If they had left it out we could had a few more minutes of Ash and Serena together, which I would have much preferred. Ash, Serena, and Clemont teaming up to blast them off was cool, but that could have been in any episode. The battle just didn't add much if anything to the story.

The Dunsparce scene. :D I love Dunsparce and Ash *almost* getting a chance to catch one was such a hilarious troll. Anyone think that might have been meant as a parallel to the Poliwag from the flashback scene?

Great episode, could have been a perfect episode without TR's involvement.

I think I agree whole-heartedly with you on your opinion. You are right when you say we can't expect this big flip in character development all of a suddenly and it would have been completely out of character for Ash to just be lovey dovey and what not.

And honestly TR is a waste of space in pretty much every episode unless there is something actually plot driven behind it like in BW. But what can we do, it's not like you can just instantly get rid of them cause it's gotten to the point where it wouldn't feel right without them showing up. It's just the writers way of taking up a few minutes each episode or adding onto a filler episode to give it some bulk.

And Dunsparce was an amazing troll on Ash.

Dr.Psycho

The Tenth Man
Hey guys, long time no see

I hav quite a few things to get off my chest so here goes.....

First, lets not be disappointed with the date. It was still pretty huge. Most of us wanted something from Ash and thats precisely what we got. So lets just cherish it and be content with what we get. Who knows, we may get a surprise or two in the sub.

Second, Pokesrini ur fanfic is really goin well. Keep up the good work ;)

Third, Rob that one-off was nice. And that french line by serena in the end was pretty neat.....<3

Last, the reason why i have been inactive here lately is that i have Exams (Pokesrini, i actually do hav exams , if you know what im referring to XD ), and consecutive exams at that. What i mean is first i'll have intraschool ones and then intracountry ones :( . To top it all off, my whole future depends on these exams.... :/

So, i wont be able to even lurk around here anymore. Smell ya later ( probz by end of March )

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
So,this has been in my mind for awhile and I want to hear the forums opinion on it

Do you think think somewhere down the line there would be a movie focusing on Serena and (insert legendary Pokemon name here)
I feel it isn't that far fetched,it could really give a boost in development for Amour.Maybe in like the 4th movie?(If they ever decide to go that far that is)
Feel free to agree or disagree I just want some opinions on this

spacedp

I'm really, really late but i finally watched the episode. (i didn't have internet for the past few days) and i don't know why alot of people were disappointed. Sure, the "date" was for like 5 minutes and they got separated but still, it had some good hints and especially in the end where Satoshi gives Serena the prize he won and that was an amazing moment. The only problem is that it was overhyped, not only by the fans, but TvTokyo too. They were hyping it up with the whole special preview thingy and they had hints in the preview which kinda ruined the surprise. But overall, XY059 was a great episode and let's see what happens in the tripokelon. (maybe if Serena loses Ash would cheer her up like when May lost her first contest in Hoenn)

Ash Ketchum Fan

I want them to make a movie but i dont think that it's going to happen :/. Pikachu is the mascot of the series and Ash is his trainer, so making a whole movie that does not focus on them is almost impossible.
Imagine iron man with out tony stark-it would make no sense!

For how long will X and Y air anyways? Will it be like AG cuz I heard the sequel is coming this year so does that mean it will be really short :(

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
I want them to make a movie but i dont think that it's going to happen :/. Pikachu is the mascot of the series and Ash is his trainer, so making a whole movie that does not focus on them is almost impossible.
Imagine iron man with out tony stark-it would make no sense!

For how long will X and Y air anyways? Will it be like AG cuz I heard the sequel is coming this year so does that mean it will be really short :(

Cough...cough...May had a movie....cough....cough

If you gather the whole significant similarities that XY and AG has, expect lots of good AG moments to be 'rebooted' Lets point out some of the more significant ones, shall we?!

-Pokemon Performing debuts the rise of the whole contest concept
-Female picking fire starter
-All older companions get a starter each
-A fourth member

And ofcourse many more.
Now time to list what happened in AG that will happen in XY, possibly.

-Frogadier evolving
-Fennekin fully evolving
-Post league adventure
-four movies (I'm not gonna consider this one as I think the pacing of XY is a lot faster)

That's what I have in mind but you guys probably have a lot anyways.

So yes, I expect we'll get a movie dedicated to Serena with a 7th gen legendary (hope not, just Mew please) and that's gonna dive in what she really wants and more on her side. So also expect lots of Amour moments (Since movie 9 had lots of advance moments)

--------------------------------------
Also to consider that BW was a reboot of OS, it kinda follows that order (Like from BW till now, we're in the new generation of Pokemon as a whole)
Plus the theme songs are good (I mean English ones)

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Cough...cough...May had a movie....cough....cough

If you gather the whole significant similarities that XY and AG has, expect lots of good AG moments to be 'rebooted' Lets point out some of the more significant ones, shall we?!

-Pokemon Performing debuts the rise of the whole contest concept
-Female picking fire starter
-All older companions get a starter each
-A fourth member

And ofcourse many more.
Now time to list what happened in AG that will happen in XY, possibly.

-Frogadier evolving
-Fennekin fully evolving
-Post league adventure
-four movies (I'm not gonna consider this one as I think the pacing of XY is a lot faster)

That's what I have in mind but you guys probably have a lot anyways.

So yes, I expect we'll get a movie dedicated to Serena with a 7th gen legendary (hope not, just Mew please) and that's gonna dive in what she really wants and more on her side. So also expect lots of Amour moments (Since movie 9 had lots of advance moments)

--------------------------------------
Also to consider that BW was a reboot of OS, it kinda follows that order (Like from BW till now, we're in the new generation of Pokemon as a whole)
Plus the theme songs are good (I mean English ones)

Well I am not exactly a fan of the whole reboot theory here, with this being an AG reboot. Yes they have some common similarities, but I see no real connection to AG in a any way here and unless the writers actually said that I believe there is no reason to believe that as of now. Of course if May were to pop up with ORAS games out now and all then I would eat my words here. But even that wouldn't necessarily cause me to believe that this is a reboot. And on black and white being a reboot of OS, I think Ash had more common sense in OS than he did in BW which is pretty pathetic. Although he did have more "grown up" traveling companions in OS, and yes I am referring to Iris acting worse than a little kid here as compared to Misty..

Now onto the movies and stuff here. Yes so far the series has been more fast paced and all but I think we will start to see a slow-down now because of Serena now participating in her stuff. So the possibility of a fourth season and many more than just 180 episodes is possible here. So for all we know with how hard they are pushing this ship, we could end up with a move like the Orange Islands where the entire movie will be dedicated to Ash and Serena, which is what I hope for. And although I didn't like the 9th movie a lot, I think that using that sort of a format wouldn't be a half bad idea because it would lead to a lot f shippy moments.

And since the AG reboot idea came up here, and we have a movie with the legendaries of Hoenn being the focal points of the movie (with Hoopa I believe), do you think that it would actually take place in Hoenn. And if so, would would we possibly see a Hoenn arch as a lead up with May in there. I only bring this up because I think the shipping could actually get pretty interesting if this did happen. Because May, if she really did have feelings for Ash, and with their history and all, could get Serena to act on her feelings more aggressively here sort of like the influence Miette had on her, only I don;t think May is the sorta person who would knowingly try and get a reaction out of Serena. Or we could end up with May telling Serena to do something if May notices her feelings. This is all theory right now so don't judge me to much on being a little hopeful.

As an add-on to my last paragraph, I also would wonder why the writers would base an entire movie on Hoenn legendaries (I actually believe that Hoopa will be released in ORAS as well) and then have it take place in the Kalos region.....wouldn't make much sense to me. If it were one legendary, maybe because that has been done before, but all three of the big-dog legendaries of one region put into another, meh, just not seeing how that would work.

Last edited:
Finally fired free from job (i posted a short and rushed review on the day of the episode broadcast). So, I'm gonna share some things i forgot that day because of the rush.

ok, sorry if I misunderstood your comment dude! :)
We face the eternal situation of repeating topics (considering moew and more people join us every day) but few people here do it with the intention to spoil this thread. :)
Talking about Science (our local hero of the day) he mentioned several sources, but our big problem is that we don't speak Japanese to get into their forums and witness their impressions on this last episode and especially the now famous scene of Ash giving the present. (Time to learn Japanese, we are missing all the fun...)

I think people on Pokemaster (that forum should be called S.S. Amour spanish version because every spanish speaker registers here because of the Amour fc) noticed that. There are one or 2 people who speak and know japanese (Alemilla, maybe Tronerful too) and pretty much confirmed from Twitter that Japs. are really really giddy and excited after the episode.

Another thing I forgot to share with you was this.

10981828_1543803199204690_7782037584955994545_n.jpg

SatoSere was trending topic again that day, above R-Dan (Team Rocket), Nokotchi, Burshamo and Eureka. Too late for posting that though xDD.

Well, expect me to post more frequently, because I'm free from the hell of the job right now.

Smell ya' later.

Finally fired free from job (i posted a short and rushed review on the day of the episode broadcast). So, I'm gonna share some things i forgot that day because of the rush.

I think people on Pokemaster (that forum should be called S.S. Amour spanish version because every spanish speaker registers here because of the Amour fc) noticed that. There are one or 2 people who speak and know japanese (Alemilla, maybe Tronerful too) and pretty much confirmed from Twitter that Japs. are really really giddy and excited after the episode.

View attachment 14323

SatoSere was trending topic again that day, above R-Dan (Team Rocket), Nokotchi, Burshamo and Eureka. Too late for posting that though xDD.

Well, expect me to post more frequently, because I'm free from the hell of the job right now.

Smell ya' later.

Man, I feel ya! (having a job does take a lot of time. But heck, I have to sacrifice things to get what I finally wanted, lololol)
Despite my ranting in my earlier posts, I sure am glad that SatoSere is a trending topic again during the date episode. I guess it is a good sign that many fans truly appreciate it despite the lack of Ash and Serena's interactions. I suppose the end result is what matters (where Ash gave the big hint).

My guess if they are gonna start showing this ship more it'll be when you least expect it. I mean why else would they finally make a girl partner know Ash when they were kids and have a major crush on him? And not the other 4 girls? XD And I forgot who posted that Serena wouldn't go with Ash after this season is over. Have you all forgotten Misty and being there until the end of Johto? LOL

To attract female audience and old fans (like some of us) who had enough of the same formula (battle-filler-battle-filler)
The fact that Misty followed Ash during Johto makes me think that Serena might do the same and follow Ash to the next region, who knows? :O
iirc misty went to jhoto cuz in gold and silver they had no playable female character...jhoto was suppose to be a direct sequel to kanto i.e the same generation...the anime was still riding on the popularity of the original trio so why split them up after kanto when they can use the same popular characters for a longer period of time

serena wants to be the kalos queen meaning that she is pretty much confined to kalos until she wins the title plus pokemon showcases are only in kalos further proving that she will stay...and finally my main reason as to why serena will not be going to the next gen is that the anime promotes the games so unless serena shows up as a playable character in gen 7 she wont return to the anime as the main girl

--VIRGO--

iirc misty went to jhoto cuz in gold and silver they had no playable female character...jhoto was suppose to be a direct sequel to kanto i.e the same generation...the anime was still riding on the popularity of the original trio so why split them up after kanto when they can use the same popular characters for a longer period of time

serena wants to be the kalos queen meaning that she is pretty much confined to kalos until she wins the title plus pokemon showcases are only in kalos further proving that she will stay...and finally my main reason as to why serena will not be going to the next gen is that the anime promotes the games so unless serena shows up as a playable character in gen 7 she wont return to the anime as the main girl

There are some flaws in your theory. Showcase are only in Kalos for now. But wasn't contests exclusive to Hoenn in the first place. Of course they were further expanded in Sinnoh and anime confirmed their existence in previous regions. Kalos Queen is her goal. But isn't Ash's goal to win the Kalos League too. After Serena will be done with kalos she might try it in different regions. Beside Serena might always be redesigned to match gen 7 character just like they do all the time with Ash. My point is: future is uknown. Amour is here and now. There is no point discussing its uknown in fact fate.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying

Normally I wouldn't say anything here, but I don't see how showcase are exclusive to Kalos. Considering it is an anime exclusive goal, and is not in any game, I think that shows how it can move onto another region if Serena goes along with it. The term Kalos Queen can easily be altered to fit in with a new region, it could easily become "Insert new region name here" Queen and therefor is not anchored down specifically in Kalos. But my main argument here is that your whole argument with showcases itself isn't tied to the games, so when advertising new games in the anime, having these showcases would have no impact.

And VIRGO is right: The future is always unknown and we shouldn't argue about something we have no evidence on.

There are some flaws in your theory. Showcase are only in Kalos for now. But wasn't contests exclusive to Hoenn in the first place. Of course they were further expanded in Sinnoh and anime confirmed their existence in previous regions. Kalos Queen is her goal. But isn't Ash's goal to win the Kalos League too. After Serena will be done with kalos she might try it in different regions. Beside Serena might always be redesigned to match gen 7 character just like they do all the time with Ash. My point is: future is uknown. Amour is here and now. There is no point discussing its uknown in fact fate.
until proven or stated other wise showcases are only in kalos so its not a flaw...i dont think it was stated anywhere contests were only in hoenn...ash's goal is to become a pokemon master not win a regional league winning a league is only a stepping stone to becoming a master...theres 5 different confirmed regions she can try if the writers want to stick with ditching the main girl to pursue her goal and a pattern seems to be the main girl traveling to a past region so she can end up going to Unova since none of the other girls are there...unlike ash serena is an actual playable character for gen 6 ash's design while is inspired by red gen 1 its anime exclusive and can be redesigned to fit the current male characters default design without replacing the MC of the show... for the writers its just easier to get rid of serena and replace her with the gen 7 girl who promotes gen 7

Second, Pokesrini ur fanfic is really goin well. Keep up the good work ;)

Last, the reason why i have been inactive here lately is that i have Exams (Pokesrini, i actually do hav exams , if you know what im referring to XD ), and consecutive exams at that. What i mean is first i'll have intraschool ones and then intracountry ones :( . To top it all off, my whole future depends on these exams.... :/

Long time no see! :D Thanks for the compliments man! The best is yet to come! And good luck for your boards.

Man, I feel ya! (having a job does take a lot of time. But heck, I have to sacrifice things to get what I finally wanted, lololol)
Despite my ranting in my earlier posts, I sure am glad that SatoSere is a trending topic again during the date episode. I guess it is a good sign that many fans truly appreciate it despite the lack of Ash and Serena's interactions. I suppose the end result is what matters (where Ash gave the big hint).

I suppose that can be explained by Science's points about the gift on the first outing being something special. So I guess that the writers and the team did live up to the hype and expectations- just not ours. But hey, if the Japanese love it, then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't.

View attachment 14323

Smell ya' later.

Damn! Sorry about that man! Hope you find another job soon. And good luck with your job search!

Again, I guess that's enough reason to tell us to be happy; and SatoSere being the trending topic...I definitely don't think that the target age group is 10 anymore :p

They could've easily pulled off a Red, and made Ash the lone wolf. Yet they decided to give him two travelling companions who were gym leaders. So they can do pretty much anything, including redesigning Serena to match the Gen 7 girl, or making the Gen 7 girl Ash's/Serena's main rival or travelling companion. Also I would like to point out a small hypocrisy in your arguments. Here in this post, you say that the two points that prove what you are trying to say are that Serena wants to be Kalos Queen, and that Showcases are exclusive to Kalos. To debunk the points of the people who say that Showcases could very well be carried forward or backwards, you say this:

until proven or stated other wise showcases are only in kalos so its not a flaw...i dont think it was stated anywhere contests were only in hoenn...ash's goal is to become a pokemon master not win a regional league winning a league is only a stepping stone to becoming a master...theres 5 different confirmed regions she can try if the writers want to stick with ditching the main girl to pursue her goal and a pattern seems to be the main girl traveling to a past region so she can end up going to Unova since none of the other girls are there...unlike ash serena is an actual playable character for gen 6 ash's design while is inspired by red gen 1 its anime exclusive and can be redesigned to fit the current male characters default design without replacing the MC of the show... for the writers its just easier to get rid of serena and replace her with the gen 7 girl who promotes gen 7

Doesn't it seem a little wrong here that you are saying that your points are proven until stated otherwise? Because IIRC, nowhere is it stated that Showcases are exclusive to Kalos either. While her dream states, "Kalos Queen", they didn't say anywhere that it is the specialty of Kalos. Moreover, we could put the argument forward that Showcases will definitely be carried forward (or to the previous regions) until stated otherwise. Proof? We don't have any. But neither do you.

And a small correction, both Ash and Serena are based upon playable characters; Ash to Red, and Serena to...well, Serena. They are similar, but they do have their differences. Classic example, Serena's eye colour. That said, this is the reason why I said it isn't worth discussing this topic right now. None of us have any points to back our arguments except for, "But her crush and the fact she knows him from childhood...", or "The previously used formula of throwing out the supporting character at the end of the saga to replace her with the next gen girl" Both are valid in their own sense, but neither can be backed solidly at this point.

Last edited:
I can't get enough of this shipping. Ash seems to be into Serena a lot. That's one big reason why I love this shipping. I have a pretty good feeling these 2 will get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.