• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttagofast

Looks like Serena is making a commitment haircut next episode
i.imgur.com/YZebL5q.jpg

Focusing more on coordinating, less Ash?

Is the ship sinking?

Marmist

Dark Type Trainer
i.imgur.com/YZebL5q.jpg

Is the ship sinking?
I believe we've had this discussion before on the forum. Personally, I don't think so. I think it is just for the aesthetic, and not symbolizing that Serena is starting to lose her feelings for Ash. It's a little too soon to assume that, if you ask me. But as always, that's just my opinion.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't get enough of this shipping. Ash seems to be into Serena a lot. That's one big reason why I love this shipping. I have a pretty good feeling these 2 will get married.

How exactly is he "into" her though? He hasn't reciprocated her feelings since he doesn't even know that she likes him, and thus far I don't see what implies that he's got romantic feelings for her. The biggest shipping hint from him so far has been his cheek scratching in my opinion, and even that is more of a sign of him being embarrassed or nervous when Serena gives him too much attention or a compliment imo. The ship is one-sided right now. :x

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
i.imgur.com/YZebL5q.jpg

Is the ship sinking?

You answer me something.

Why would it sink?

Serena can perfectly concentrate on her performance (not coordinating, those are not contests, they're showcases) and retain her feelings for Ash at the same time. The haircut has nothing to do with Ash, maybe with her performing, but it doesn't mean she will stop liking him. Now that we saw episode 59, I realize that we haven't been seeing these kind of hints from Serena since... well for a long time! That means her feelings for him are as strong as ever, not "slowly fading" or anything else. I really don't know why people think that.

I have faith in this ship, I know it won't sink. It will go somewhere, maybe reach the Canon island, but it won't get stranded in the middle of the XY seas. (okthatwasterriblekillmepls)

PokeMaster366

You answer me something.

Why would it sink?

Serena can perfectly concentrate on her performance (not coordinating, those are not contests, they're showcases) and retain her feelings for Ash at the same time. The haircut has nothing to do with Ash, maybe with her performing, but it doesn't mean she will stop liking him. Now that we saw episode 59, I realize that we haven't been seeing these kind of hints from Serena since... well for a long time! That means her feelings for him are as strong as ever, not "slowly fading" or anything else. I really don't know why people think that.

I have faith in this ship, I know it won't sink. It will go somewhere, maybe reach the Canon island, but it won't get stranded in the middle of the XY seas. (okthatwasterriblekillmepls)

I think everyone's just used to that common situation in anime where the male protagonist dips towards one of the two extremes in terms of their attraction towards a love interest. They're usually either perverts or so dense-headed that even Rampardos would be envious, and even when they are attracted to a woman and vice-versa, it takes ages for either side to come clean about it. Thick-headedness is especially bad since it's easy to play it as the song that never ends. At every point, the excuse can always be given that the guy doesn't notice that a girl is attracted to them because they're an absolute cretin. The girl attracted to them would have to be incredibly blunt about their feelings, possibly to the point of overflowing with anger and frustration over the whole situation. Frankly, it puts both the male and female in a very bad light, and I don't want to sit through a verbal fight or Clannad levels of depression from either side.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
i.imgur.com/YZebL5q.jpg

Is the ship sinking?

I've seen this kind of pessimism right after the summer camp arc and right through that one hint drought.

We thought that once Serena found a goal and was striving towards accomplishing it, that the Amourshipping subplot would die down. To add to this theory, we had a couple of episodes without hints at all. What happened after that? XY059.

Point is, while the change of design may be huge, she can still maintain her crush. I don't see Amour dying down anytime soon, especially with the huge hints we received in XY059. The only thing that's holding this ship back is the one-sidedness imo. We gotta start seeing more hints from Ash in order for the real progression to begin. For now, as Lorde said, it's pretty much one-sided.

AtemSciv

You answer me something.

Why would it sink?

Agreed 100% anybody who still thinks Serena's feelings for Ash are diminished/faded, really needs to go back and watch XY59 again. Right from start we saw are feelings are as strong as ever, and after Ash gave her a present I'm just sure her feelings just got even greater for him. And to the naysayers who say it was just a gift he won a gave to her, look at it from Serena's perspective- he could have given her a gumball he bought from a machine and Serena would have cherished it all the same. I think the gift will play some important role down the line in the future, but for right the for the sake of the ship and Serena, the present was about the who not the what.

As far the next few episodes go I think we have a chance for a lot of good hints from Ash. From what I've seen building up to her tripokelon debut. Serena has been putting an unfair/extreme amount of pressure on herself to win this. She's already told Ash at least once that I can remember that she doesn't want to fail him. Now that her mother just gifted her a new dress I'm she'll be putting an even larger amount of pressure on herself. Based on a couple of previews we've seen coming up, it looks like there's a good chance Serena is going to come crumbling down emotionally after her debut, which i think most of us agree will be a loss. From the haircut to the pushing of her pokemon way too hard I believe we gonna see a short "Serena goes into a dark place arc." Its my hope that the biggest one there helping her pick up the pieces and reassuring her is Ash and we get some good hints from him starting to show how he cares for her.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Agreed 100% anybody who still thinks Serena's feelings for Ash are diminished/faded, really needs to go back and watch XY59 again. Right from start we saw are feelings are as strong as ever, and after Ash gave her a present I'm just sure her feelings just got even greater for him. And to the naysayers who say it was just a gift he won a gave to her, look at it from Serena's perspective- he could have given her a gumball he bought from a machine and Serena would have cherished it all the same. I think the gift will play some important role down the line in the future, but for right the for the sake of the ship and Serena, the present was about the who not the what.

As far the next few episodes go I think we have a chance for a lot of good hints from Ash. From what I've seen building up to her tripokelon debut. Serena has been putting an unfair/extreme amount of pressure on herself to win this. She's already told Ash at least once that I can remember that she doesn't want to fail him. Now that her mother just gifted her a new dress I'm she'll be putting an even larger amount of pressure on herself. Based on a couple of previews we've seen coming up, it looks like there's a good chance Serena is going to come crumbling down emotionally after her debut, which i think most of us agree will be a loss. From the haircut to the pushing of her pokemon way too hard I believe we gonna see a short "Serena goes into a dark place arc." Its my hope that the biggest one there helping her pick up the pieces and reassuring her is Ash and we get some good hints from him starting to show how he cares for her.

Honestly here, how could anyone think the ship might sink. We might see a point where Serena is extremely fragile and all, but I would think the writers could use that as a way to build the ship, not sink it. We do have to expect some hint droughts every once in a while though, but the ship will keep sailing along through the strongest of hurricanes. (Honestly there are to many metaphors that we can use with this stuff) Or a better reference might be Pirates of the Caribbean for those of you who watched it, when Jack Sparrow manages to sail his ship through a desert on rock crab things. As deserts and droughts go hand in hand.

I really like the idea you raised in your second paragraph where Serena might go into a dark place after she put so much pressure on herself to win. I think she might think she let everyone down after losing and will probably have an extremely short emotional fuse for a while. I think that it would be amazing for Ash to be the one to pull her out of it because she would see that he cares a lot about her, even if Ash doesn't realize it and it isn;t in a romantic sense. The thing that comes to mind here is where in DP Dawn loses two straight contests and goes into a funk I guess you could say, and for a short time she is extremely fragile emotionally speaking. Not sure if Ash helped bring her out of it or not cause I can't remember, but he also was not the same Ash that we have seen so far in XY.

So as usual, I agree with everything you have to say.

Last edited:

MastermindofGames

GET OUT, YOU SWINE!
Fun question that is irrelevant to anything at hand: What if everything was the same about the entire XY anime series, except instead of Ash being dense he was a total player?
In what ways would this change Amourshipping as we see it normally? Would Serena still be attracted to this type of Ash? Would Ash be totally diggin' Serena or would he be fallin' over all dem Kalos region girls?

-Don't reference anything before XY to answer these questions. Let's just say something changed randomly in Ash on his way to the Kalos region that made him a stud.
-I think that Serena would be kinda intimidated by a Ash with smooth moves (if u know what i mean) (wait... u don't know what i mean?)(never mind), yet she would still be drawn to all his other aspects that she likes in the real XY series. Maybe Ash would purposely hit on ever girl he sees to make Serena jelly since he such a raven-haired dreamboat... (see what I did there?)(ORAS reference)(no...?)(K then)
Hopefully I get some interesting answers... ;)

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Fun question that is irrelevant to anything at hand: What if everything was the same about the entire XY anime series, except instead of Ash being dense he was a total player?
In what ways would this change Amourshipping as we see it normally? Would Serena still be attracted to this type of Ash? Would Ash be totally diggin' Serena or would he be fallin' over all dem Kalos region girls?

-Don't reference anything before XY to answer these questions. Let's just say something changed randomly in Ash on his way to the Kalos region that made him a stud.
-I think that Serena would be kinda intimidated by a Ash with smooth moves (if u know what i mean) (wait... u don't know what i mean?)(never mind), yet she would still be drawn to all his other aspects that she likes in the real XY series. Maybe Ash would purposely hit on ever girl he sees to make Serena jelly since he such a raven-haired dreamboat... (see what I did there?)(ORAS reference)(no...?)(K then)

Eh....I feel like Serena will still kinda like Ash but not as much because of him being a ahem...player.
The whole reason I feel Serena likes Ash is because despite being dense,he still cares for her.
If we have a Ash that wants to Squritle everyone's Jigglypuffs (I'm so sorry for saying that) I dont think Serena would like him as much as she does now

mega snorlax

Ash as a player? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!
That's one thing about the anime which I just can't imagine. That's Amour down the drain. XD XD XD

How exactly is he "into" her though? He hasn't reciprocated her feelings since he doesn't even know that she likes him, and thus far I don't see what implies that he's got romantic feelings for her. The biggest shipping hint from him so far has been his cheek scratching in my opinion, and even that is more of a sign of him being embarrassed or nervous when Serena gives him too much attention or a compliment imo. The ship is one-sided right now. :x

Come on Lorde. Have mercy on the new guy :p But yeah. I do agree with you mostly. The ship is almost completely one sided by now. Even if the thing that the gift signifies something deeper in Japan is true, it still only means that there are hints of hidden and unknown feelings in him which would still take time to develop. So as of this moment, the ship is one-sided.

i.imgur.com/YZebL5q.jpg

Is the ship sinking?

This is one of the major reasons why I feel that the writers decided to include XY059- to show that Serena's feelings are still strong as ever. If you are going to give me the excuse that, "Oh you are talking about XY059. She will change after XY060", then you are deluding yourself. If they really wanted to do such a thing, it would've easily been done after XY047, XY050 or XY053. So many opportunities to kill it off, but they chose to confirm it further instead. So be sure, the ship is still reinforced.

I am inclined to agree with you on the part of Serena pushing herself too hard, and going in the wrong direction as a result. She has been putting immense pressure on herself to deliver- as mainly seen in XY059. So this failure is going to hit her hard, and we know that too because she cuts off her hair. On top of that, we know that XY064 is an episode where she is seen to push her Pokemon too hard in an effort to win. I do expect that Ash would pull her up here. He already mentioned in XY059, "You are doing just fine, Serena" in the beginning scene of the episode. So I'm pretty sure that he might try to tell her that she is doing wrong, or also convince her in XY064 that she might be doing things the wrong way. Now i still think that a CotD would be the one giving these lessons to her, but Ash might reinforce those on her. So it would be interesting.

Nevertheless, I expect we might see something small at best in XY060, and something slightly bigger than that in XY064. We have better chance of seeing nicer hints after XY067, which I speculate is the midpoint between the Courmarine Gym and the Lumiose Gym.

What if everything was the same about the entire XY anime series, except instead of Ash being dense he was a total player?

What did I just read? o_O

But I think that might be an interesting story. I expect it to go along the lines of No Strings Attached. LOL

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Eh....I feel like Serena will still kinda like Ash but not as much because of him being a ahem...player.
The whole reason I feel Serena likes Ash is because despite being dense,he still cares for her.
If we have a Ash that wants to Squritle everyone's Jigglypuffs (I'm so sorry for saying that) I dont think Serena would like him as much as she does now

What the heck just happened there, Squirtiling someone's Jigglypuff. No matter how you phrase it though I agree with you sort of. I do think though that she would still like Ash though because he did help her back when they were younger, when honestly he was more of a player than he has been in the anime. That was the whole reason Serena sought Ash out in the first place. But him being a player would detract from his ever so lovable, oblivious personality and would probably piss Serena off at some point to where she would snap.

But can't really imagine Ash as a player though, unless of course he has intentionally acted oblivious this entire time while underneath he knew exactly how all these girls felt about him and just pressed that friend zone button to be an a**hole.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star

xD Ash a "player"? I actually can't imagine this at all. If by smooth moves you mean being an all out a**hole to girls, then no, Serena would hate this form of Ash. If he was nice, like he is now, and a player, then Serena would go crazy lol. I mean, I think the reason Serena has a crush on him is for his kindness, and how he's pretty caring and really does show concern for her at given times. I feel like Serena really likes that out of Ash.

You did not just say that. ;P

taeuknam

I imagine that he would wear sunglasses and a leather jacket. With regards to serena he could call her babe and ask her to wear her fennekin outfit for him. Clemont would think that he is extremely cool and idolize him even more than he does now, and Serena would be overjoyed and agree to be his arm candy. During battle, he would be super quiet and emotionless and command moves without emotion and when he gets a badge he would just be "whatever".

Edit: Question Any weird headcanons/fantasies about Amourshipping?

For whatever reason, I have this thought that Serena will actually marry Clemont, but only for his money, and Ash would be her lover.

Last edited:

chicorita3

lol what? It would be cute if he was a smooth talker

taeuknam: I imagine that he would wear sunglasses and a leather jacket. With regards to serena he could call her babe and ask her to wear her fennekin outfit for him. Clemont would think that he is extremely cool and idolize him even more than he does now, and Serena would be overjoyed and agree to be his arm candy. During battle, he would be super quiet and emotionless and command moves without emotion and when he gets a badge he would just be "whatever".

Edit: Question Any weird headcanons/fantasies about Amourshipping?

For whatever reason, I have this thought that Serena will actually marry Clemont, but only for his money, and Ash would be her lover.

I think you have mistaken ash to gary.

Last edited:

MastermindofGames

GET OUT, YOU SWINE!
What the heck just happened there, Squirtiling someone's Jigglypuff. No matter how you phrase it though I agree with you sort of. I do think though that she would still like Ash though because he did help her back when they were younger, when honestly he was more of a player than he has been in the anime. That was the whole reason Serena sought Ash out in the first place. But him being a player would detract from his ever so lovable, oblivious personality and would probably piss Serena off at some point to where she would snap.

But can't really imagine Ash as a player though, unless of course he has intentionally acted oblivious this entire time while underneath he knew exactly how all these girls felt about him and just pressed that friend zone button to be an a**hole.
xD Ash a "player"? I actually can't imagine this at all. If by smooth moves you mean being an all out a**hole to girls, then no, Serena would hate this form of Ash. If he was nice, like he is now, and a player, then Serena would go crazy lol. I mean, I think the reason Serena has a crush on him is for his kindness, and how he's pretty caring and really does show concern for her at given times. I feel like Serena really likes that out of Ash.
I think he be a better player if "smooth moves" was interpreted as "romantically intelligent" XD
I guess you can't really have an Amour- like relationship with and Ash like that... Unless! What if Ash was a a-hole to every other girl, but when he met Serena it was different...he felt wrong treating Serena like that. Their development together would be Ash being so confused on how to treat Serena, since he doesn't know any other way than being a player, and Serena helping/teaching Ash how to do go about doing this. She teaches a player to see "true love" as it should be.
I think we need an Ash in the real sereis that is somewhere between oblivious and a "player" Like c'mon Ash, get a clue about Serena's crush!

I think she'd like him more.
Yeah, definitely...XD

I imagine that he would wear sunglasses and a leather jacket. With regards to serena he could call her babe and ask her to wear her fennekin outfit for him. Clemont would think that he is extremely cool and idolize him even more than he does now, and Serena would be overjoyed and agree to be his arm candy. During battle, he would be super quiet and emotionless and command moves without emotion and when he gets a badge he would just be "whatever".
This is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh...lol. This makes me imagine the Paul-version of Ash. If Serena's outfit wasn't on point he be like,"Pathetic." XD

taeuknam

I think he be a better player if "smooth moves" was interpreted as "romantically intelligent" XD
I guess you can't really have an Amour- like relationship with and Ash like that... Unless! What if Ash was a a-hole to every other girl, but when he met Serena it was different...he felt wrong treating Serena like that. Their development together would be Ash being so confused on how to treat Serena, since he doesn't know any other way than being a player, and Serena helping/teaching Ash how to do go about doing this. She teaches a player to see "true love" as it should be.
I think we need an Ash in the real sereis that is somewhere between oblivious and a "player" Like c'mon Ash, get a clue about Serena's crush!

Yeah, definitely...XD

This is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh...lol. This makes me imagine the Paul-version of Ash. If Serena's outfit wasn't on point he be like,"Pathetic." XD

They could become a bicycle gang in Lumiose hanging out in dark alleys avoiding officer Jenny smuggling rare candies into Kalos. Ash could have a Jersey accent and have an entire harem but Serena would be okay with it and happy that she is his #1 girl. That is, until Serena gets pregnant, and he dumps her. Serena tries to take care of their kid but struggles as a single parent, and she and Ash are on and off all the time. She goes to her mom in desperation and Grace is like "I told you this would happen!!! I told you!!!!!". Soon afterwards, Serena sues Ash for child support but Ash claims that its not his child so they go on Maury and they sit uncomfortably while they await the results, which are "Ash, you are the father!". Delia comes up and smacks him and threatens to disown him if he doesn't marry Serena. Ash obliges and Serena is very happy and they live happily ever after.

Last edited:

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying

This sounds like Gary in a nutshell here. I mean everything you described here is what I think of when I think of Gary. All Ash needs is his pre-teen license and a nice convertible to pick babes up in. I am not sure how Serena would respond to being his "arm candy" though. But this post made me laugh harder than anything that I have seen in a long while.

I do like Mastermind's idea to. It would be cool for Ash to walk up in the club one night like a bada** with the plan of picking up six new babes like it's nothing. Then he meets Serena and he sees something different in her and can't treat her like all the other girls, but also doesn't know how to treat her. And then Serena slowly changes him throughout the story, ridding him of his player/bada**ness. (Anyone want to work on an alternate storyline for a fanfic?)

In all I am pretty sure you just brought up the most interesting topic I have ever seen on this thread MastermindofGames.

amour4ever

I'm tired.

It would change Amourshipping for me in that I probably wouldn't ship it. I hate "players". The "probably" comes from the hope that Ash would change his ways because of Serena.

I think she would still be attracted to him, at first. I think she'd try to change him, get him to fall for her and only her. If after some time he still has a wandering eye, then I think her crush would begin fading away.

I think he would "totally dig" her... in addition to all those other Kalos girls.

This has me cracking up. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.