• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motor Bug2005

Either which way they take it, is what I meant by finalise. hopefully they have both of them at least realise their feelings. But after hearing that the sun and moon anime is changing studio means there is a chance, although small, that the anime will be set in an AU. however, knowing pokemon as i have from the beginning, it probably wont be an AU.

The summary spacedp posted pretty much confirms that S&M isn't set in an AU and that this is the same Ash we've always watched.

spacedp

looking back at this series.. the writer decides to make serena special episode when she dressed into ash, ash and serena dating moment and that ribbon she's wearing until now, her care for ash that reflects in many events.. all the moments that happened to this point, if im the writer NO way ill ever drop her. her character is what makes pokemon anime shine like it was never before. She deserved to stay in the next anime!

Dude the writers don't a damn about all that, they redesigned Ash and changed the traditional Pokemon art style completely just to cash in on Yokai's success.

Motor Bug2005

Dude the writers don't a damn about all that, they redesigned Ash and changed the traditional Pokemon art style completely just to cash in on Yokai's success.

Like I said before, direct your anger not at the writers, but at the execs as they're the ones who have the final say on what happens in the show.

Well if this is a reboot with Ash acting like a complete kid again then it's safe to say there'll be no romance between him and one of the new female characters in the series.

This only further proves why Serena should be Ash's romantic engame. But it's likely that'll never happen.

shinosora

#BonnieKnows
whatever im probably the only one who still believes until the end that shes joining ash

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Isn't PokeFan or whatever it's called coming out on the 20th? While I'm confident that Serena will stay with Palermo, perhaps you guys won't have to wait much longer to see her fate.

No they aren't doing that.

Motor Bug2005

Isn't PokeFan or whatever it's called coming out on the 20th? While I'm confident that Serena will stay with Palermo, perhaps you guys won't have to wait much longer to see her fate.

I think most of us (including myself) are already confident of her fate. Although whether she finally gets the courage to confess before her departure is still up for discussion, the fact that she'll stay with Palermo is all but set in stone now.

No, you are not the only one, I'm still at 85:15 in favor of her going.

I'm glad at least some of us can hold onto their optimism. The S&M preview almost makes me not want Serena to go to Alola lest she witness the bumbling buffoon Ash will become.

Last edited:

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Not to play around with anyone's hopes (or the opposite thereof, depending on how you feel about the upcoming series' art style), but it's been pointed out that the first XY trailer didn't include Serena, either.

I'm personally not giving any weight to this, but I still find it to be an entertaining observation.

Yup, this thread handled the news well. Good job guys! You did well!

Now on to what's bugging us...Here is what I think(s)

Complete soft reboot, change of writers, everything is wiped EXCEPT in XY and Z, they canonize Amourshipping. This is what most likely it's it is. And you guys are right...the studio has CHANGED...This means that this theory is very likely

Second Theory

Flashback in XYZ, Ash tells how he got good in XYZ...don't know really much about this.

DatsRight

I'm sort of in the mindset that keeping Serena MIGHT have been considered until they went for this revamp at least.

I'm not sure how she'd transition when they seem to be taking such a drastic new direction. I'm not even sure if they'd plan her a cameo appearance or special with such a style change.

Nuttiee

Not to play around with anyone's hopes (or the opposite thereof, depending on how you feel about the upcoming series' art style), but it's been pointed out that the first XY trailer didn't include Serena, either.

Yeah we know, it doesn't look like he has any traditional companions at all to be honest, it looks really reboot like. I've got no idea what they're going to try and pull off in Sun and Moon but it's definitely interesting.

thank god Serena doesn't go to Alola ... did u see Ash's design?

turns out I was gonna stop watching after XY regardless :) this really compliments my little way of thinking that each series is separate (except johto&kanto)

anyway, the episode itself was fantastic ... ty Serena, Bonnie and Clemont for the best pokemon series ever

thank god Serena doesn't go to Alola ... did u see Ash's design?

turns out I was gonna stop watching after XY regardless :) this really compliments my little way of thinking that each series is separate (except johto&kanto)

anyway, the episode itself was fantastic ... ty Serena, Bonnie and Clemont for the best pokemon series ever

Can someone link with the 1 hour special? I watched the preview for the next episode and the sun and moon anime trailer not much else.

Yup, this thread handled the news well. Good job guys! You did well!

Now on to what's bugging us...Here is what I think(s)

Complete soft reboot, change of writers, everything is wiped EXCEPT in XY and Z, they canonize Amourshipping. This is what most likely it's it is. And you guys are right...the studio has CHANGED...This means that this theory is very likely

Second Theory

Flashback in XYZ, Ash tells how he got good in XYZ...don't know really much about this.

we took the news well because no one is gonna watch sun Moon after the trailer haha

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Cheer up guys! At least we had a wild ride! Serena was able to bring us back to the anime which is one of the best seasons that it had for the past few years.
While it's still sad that she's staying 100%, at least we can expect an emotional goodbye in the last episode of XYZ or maybe an confession. Let's just hope they don't screw this up.
I'm still interested on what's gonna happen in the last five episodes though. I don't expect Ash to leave Kalos immediately after the Clemont episode.
Oh where was I? Oh...*resumes stocking boxes of tissue paper, my Charizard comes out of it's Pokeball and wonders what am I doing with those boxes of tissue paper*

I'm thinking on making some amour fanfics with one set after Ash's Alola adventure and one set in the end of XYZ. Should I go for it?

we took the news well because no one is gonna watch sun Moon after the trailer haha

Haha, whoever the higher-ups hired is gonna do a bad job. Lol, I'm glad with all these hints that AmourShipping is gonna get an amazing conclusion and it becomes canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.