• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Depends on they way you look at it Epicocity, the entire school thing seems like a chance to try and battle with Yokai Watch...And lemme tell you...it isn't gonna work

There is no Pokemon League this time so of course they have to try something different. And Ash is still going to travel throughout the whole region. He isn't getting stuck on Melemele for three/four years.

Besides if this was going to be like Yokai-Watch, where are the invisible creatures? Where are they?

Red Pheonix

Oh boy, we really are dealing with a different type of salt.

Ok, firstly, don't judge SM based on this single trailer. It might be different studio but it could be decent. It could copy Yokai but it could be decent. It might not have Serena but it could be decent. Unless if we watch an episode or two, we really can't tell how SM will play out. Just take a deep breath, calm down and try to think about other stuff.

Secondly, I'm only hearing ranting about SM. Where's the Serena talk? And Amour talk?

I'm kinda ranting here with my headache and all but I hope you get my point.

There is no Pokemon League this time so of course they have to try something different. And Ash is still going to travel throughout the whole region. He isn't getting stuck on Melemele for three/four years.

Besides if this was going to be like Yokai-Watch, where are the invisible creatures? Where are they?

They can't copy it can they? Lol...the school thing is what I'm talking about...

Pheonix, the thing is that we've got to the point where everyone realizes that Amour is amazing and the best ship...and I'm 80% sure that Amour will get a great closure because of the fact that the hints are coming in hot and heavy.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Guys, do me a favor and discuss S&M somewhere else, okay? Unless you indicate connections between this and Amour (which is probably completely squeezed), I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself or talk about it in a specific thread.

Well, since we all know that Serena's not going to Alola, why don't you guys prepare for what's coming in the last couple of episodes? And besides, there's always that possible cameo appearance, and then you can rejoice.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Jesus Christ, what did I wake up to? Someone please give me a summery.

Um, ok here goes:

The two-parter was beyond amazing and not too many hints outside of Serena getting stary eyed when Ash showed up to battle the rock Zygarde and supposedly from what I've read online that she says "Ash, I'll wait then," as if she was about to tell him something. Take it as you will since I'm only going off of what others have said elsewhere.

Then the next episode preview shows a scene of Ash, Clemont and Bonnie at the gym but Serena isn't in the frame. Add that with a scene of Serena talking about something to Ash and people assuming she left with Palermo by that point.

In short, a few hints, and people overreacting to out of order scenes in a preview. Oh yeah, and that S/M trailer which was beyond horrible since this isn't the same Ash I've grown up with for the past 20 years and now he looks more like Steven Universe than Ash Ketchum!

edit:
Guys, do me a favor and discuss S&M somewhere else, okay? Unless you indicate connections between this and Amour (which is probably completely squeezed), I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself or talk about it in a specific thread.

Well, since we all know that Serena's not going to Alola, why don't you guys prepare for what's coming in the last couple of episodes? And besides, there's always that possible cameo appearance, and then you can rejoice.

No offense, but there still isn't any proof that Serena isn't going to Alola at all. Is it likely, not at all but there is still a chance since nothing was shown to prove or disprove of her going to Alola with Ash.

Red Pheonix

Was it confirmed or something?

Um, ok here goes:

The two-parter was beyond amazing and not too many hints outside of Serena getting stary eyed when Ash showed up to battle the rock Zygarde and supposedly from what I've read online that she says "Ash, I'll wait then," as if she was about to tell him something. Take it as you will since I'm only going off of what others have said elsewhere.

Then the next episode preview shows a scene of Ash, Clemont and Bonnie at the gym but Serena isn't in the frame. Add that with a scene of Serena talking about something to Ash and people assuming she left with Palermo by that point.

In short, a few hints, and people overreacting to out of order scenes in a preview. Oh yeah, and that S/M trailer which was beyond horrible since this isn't the same Ash I've grown up with for the past 20 years and now he looks more like Steven Universe than Ash Ketchum!

Serena isn't in a frame and people starts to think she already left with Palermo? Oh please, there are still like 5 episodes left and I doubt that she's leaving this early. And also, why would she leave now? In a Clemont and new kid focused episode of all places? Can anyone with more Pokemon anime knowledge can tell me how they handled the companion's goodbye scenes? I have hazy memories about them.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
1. Why do people assume she left with Palermo already? This could just be a moment between the two.

2. Serena4Alola is still in the same place as before. Nothing hindered the chances nor gained. We already knew that and are still waiting so we have nothing to be salty about there. But people are salty because the art style just looks so weird.

matthew11

8000 MMR
No offense, but there still isn't any proof that Serena isn't going to Alola at all. Is it likely, not at all but there is still a chance since nothing was shown to prove or disprove of her going to Alola with Ash.

None taken.

I'm still not convinced that she's going though. There is still chance for her, I give you that. True, you can't prove that Serena is not going to Alola just yet, so I'll retract my statement there.

However, given that we have only a few episodes now, there's always that possibility that Serena might go with Palerno instead, however there's always that possibility that she won't. But after seeing the trailer, the odds are against her going to Alola imho.

Last edited:

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
None taken.

I'm still not convinced that she's going though. There is still chance for her, I give you that. True, you can't prove that Serena is not going to Alola just yet, so I'll retract my statement there.

I doubt she's going, but until they literally say "these are the new companions" or something along those lines, I'll believe that there's a sliver of a chance for her to continue on. Plus, why would they reveal if she was going at all? That would ruin the interest in seeing "will she take Palermo's offer or not". So, yeah, not trying to come off as rude or anything, just trying to stay positive.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Give Serena until her send-off, and even then, give her a solid five episodes after that. That's the real end.

I don't think that one screenshot proves anything. She could just be next to Bonnie, out of frame. Alternatively, she could be out for a walk and doing some soul searching.

matthew11

8000 MMR
I doubt she's going, but until they literally say "these are the new companions" or something along those lines, I'll believe that there's a sliver of a chance for her to continue on. Plus, why would they reveal if she was going at all? That would ruin the interest in seeing "will she take Palermo's offer or not". So, yeah, not trying to come off as rude or anything, just trying to stay positive.

Then you could call that a build up, similar to how the league was handled. However, this time, the possible outcomes are already set, so I don't see any suspense or thrill in this.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!

This is exactly how I feel about it. Not confirmed or not confirmed. But the chances are not in our favor

Red Pheonix

Give Serena until her send-off, and even then, give her a solid five episodes after that. That's the real end.

I don't think that one screenshot proves anything. She could just be next to Bonnie, out of frame. Alternatively, she could be out for a walk and doing some soul searching.

That's the thing. Also wasn't she cooking or something? And why would she leave so early? We still got 5 episodes left. Or I'm missing something here?

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I don't want to be the pessimistic guy, but I will only give Sun/Moon a chance if Serena shows up. And then, I'll still have my reservations...

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
That's the thing. Also wasn't she cooking or something? And why would she leave so early? We still got 5 episodes left. Or I'm missing something here?

No, you're fine. I highly doubt she's leaving now. As far as you can tell, they had some party of some sort, so she could be cooking.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Was it confirmed or something?

Serena isn't in a frame and people starts to think she already left with Palermo? Oh please, there are still like 5 episodes left and I doubt that she's leaving this early. And also, why would she leave now? In a Clemont and new kid focused episode of all places? Can anyone with more Pokemon anime knowledge can tell me how they handled the companion's goodbye scenes? I have hazy memories about them.

I only remembered the original trio but it's enough to bring a tear to my eye when I first watched it. However, Serena's goodbye might beat it with her feelings for Ash adding more emotion and weight to the scene if done right (which I'm hopefully will) that'll make me cry all my tears out.

Still I can't take my mind off that preview. Serena looks like something's troubling her. We definitely have a good chance of a confession happening in the next 6-5 episodes after XYZ44.

Shouldn't we have 6 episodes left? I counted the weeks(excluding the 2 week break of course) before the games release and it's exactly 6 weeks after the Clemont episode with the last episode of XYZ 24 hours before the games' release.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

This why Amour is gonna need a good conclusion, I also agree with Potat and JCW...Serena going to Alola is not in our favor

Then why don't we talk about the conclusion? First, let's clear this up-

Is Serena leaving next episode?

I highly doubt that. There are like 5 episodes left and I can't see her leaving this early. And also I don't see no indication in the trailer. Furthurmore, the summary for the episode has no mention of Serena leaving. Don't you think an important detail, that one of the main character leaving, would get some mention in the summary?

Status
Not open for further replies.