• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
I don't want to be the pessimistic guy, but I will only give Sun/Moon a chance if Serena shows up. And then, I'll still have my reservations...

Honestly, I went into this trailer with an open mindset and then, well... A part of me died when I saw it. And not in a good way. I just can't get behind and enjoy what I saw in that trailer no matter what people say to me and it's kind of sad.

But, I don't see why people are losing hope. I mean, I haven't lost any hope for Serena going to Alola but I have lost hope for the anime as a whole. So, let's ride this one out and see where it brings us.

This why Amour is gonna need a good conclusion, I also agree with Potat and JCW...Serena going to Alola is not in our favor

Don't misread my words. I said that it doesn't seem likely to happen but I am hoping and thinking that it will. Because, well, this series just looks underwhelming for me especially after what we just saw today. And so I'll be crushed knowing that XY ends and goes into this piping hot plate of a mess.

Last edited:

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
Ash losing the Kalos League was one thing. Now he's going to Alola simply to go to a school? Looks like the anime is dropping worse than it was in BW.

Hys7eriX

I'm just gonna assume Serena is out of the frame for whatever reason in the next episode's preview. If she really is gone already, that'd honestly be stupid. Not just speaking as an Amourshipping and Serena fan, but just in general; you can still milk her presence for at least a few episodes, why would you not do it? It doesn't make sense to get rid of her yet. I would expect the second-to-last episode at the earliest if she gets axed, so that you can have Ash get hit by a stray beam from a Team Rocket machine that was meant to reset them to their early Unova competence but instead struck our boy have an episode where he reflects on what's happened during his travels in the Kalos region before setting out anew as usual.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Worst case scenario: the S/M anime is animated by the same studio that does Yo-Kai Watch.

I... Highly doubt that's the case. Switching studios is a painful process.

Meowth Rocket

Kind of disappointed there weren't any bigger hints in the Flare finale. The lack of information about the final episodes is making me both anxious and slightly hopeful. They can't do a female companion that loves Ash to Serena's degree again. Not having proper closure for Amourshipping will piss off a lot of fans so at the very least Serena needs to confess with Ash reciprocating. If not, it'll feel like this was all one big waste of time and badly sour the fan base to Sun and Moon.

matthew11

8000 MMR
At this time, you can only hope for either Serena going to Alola or a satisfying closure. You can argue about whatever side you want, you'd still end up hoping for either scenarios, or not hope at all.

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
At this time, you can only hope for either Serena going to Alola or a satisfying closure. You can argue about whatever side you want, you'd still end up hoping for either scenarios, or not hope at all.

All hope is lost. There is no more point to hope for Amour's survival to SM.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Okay then... I wake up, and... lot's of commotion, so OK, i was expecting this but...

*Watched SM trailer*

What.. the...bloody...hell...happened...to Ash...

There is still a teeny weeny chance Serena stays (though I dread her new look) like... 5/95... but Ash.. oh my God... why is he being scared by a giant pink teddy bear, yet, (mind you, I havent watched the hour special) he's abe to go against these powerful beings no problem.. how?
Oh my God... give Amour it's proper closure, and let Ash at least remember her.. cause' if things are shaping up to how they look they are, she will be forgotten in the anime.

Oh well, itwas fun while it lasted. She brought hope and love (literally) to the show. You will always be remembered Serena

Edit:This is not to say that Serena is guaranteed to leave, but.. Ash.. you can't argue...

Last edited:
Okay then... I wake up, and... lot's of commotion, so OK, i was expecting this but...

*Watched SM trailer*

What.. the...bloody...hell...happened...to Ash...

There is still a teeny weeny chance Serena stays (though I dread her new look) like... 5/95... but Ash.. oh my God... why is he being scared by a giant pink teddy bear, yet, (mind you, I havent watched the hour special) he's abe to go against these powerful beings no problem.. how?
Oh my God... give Amour it's proper closure, and let Ash at least remember her.. cause' if things are shaping up to how they look they are, she will be forgotten in the anime.

Oh well, itwas fun while it lasted. She brought hope and love (literally) to the show. You will always be remembered Serean :)

Don't worry mate, this was basically what I was expecting...did you hear that the studios are being changed? It seems that SM will be a complete and an entire reboot...

I am confident that will all these new hints that Amour cool canonize though

Well, I really don't know what the discussion here is about. LOL. But anyway, here's my things. The next episode seems to be about Clemont deciding to stay back in Lumiose City- to start afresh. So this is all about the post-Flare celebrations and Clemont leaving the show. The fireworks scene is in all likelihood towards the end of the episode.

In this, Serena seems to be worried about something, and Ash is supportive. I don't think this is the confession scene exactly. But I do think this is where Serena is concerned about her future. This would probably be the content of the episode after the next. I guess Ash ever going to Vaniville Town seems to be in doubt. But I stick to what I said earlier. Serena's character arc is only complete when Grace decides to have a talk about it all, AND AmourShipping reaches the point where Serena confesses to Ash.

Now my two cents on Sun and Moon, the animation is absolutely ****. I'm not mincing words here. It is god damn terrible. And with Ash going to school- immediately after being in control of a once in 1000 years unique phenomenon, barely losing a league, saving the damn world and stuff, he's here in a ****ing school. And that really makes me feel that the anime is taking a hard reboot rather than a soft one. Hence, I peg the chances of Serena going to Alola as near zero; and nor do I want her to be part of it. She's too good a character to be destroyed and torn apart by the terrible animation of the anime.

Looks like XYZ is the swan song of Pokemon after all. If this is the case, we might, at least, get a canon ship at the end of it. If it isn't the case, they have really destroyed everything spectacularly. At least BW had excellent animations, if nothing else.

EDIT:

Oh and one more thing. If I might stretch to say this, it isn't Ash at all. It's probably his distant cousin or some ****- like they pulled with Alolan Oak. Parallel universe? I can only hope of course.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
All hope is lost. There is no more point to hope for Amour's survival to SM.

Tell that to all Amourshippers who stay optimistic, I won't mind.

If you ask me what I'm expecting, I'd say I'm expecting for a good closure, given how the odds are against her going. If this show is taking a global reboot, then that's not an area the current Amour could stretch beyond. You can safely expect canonization in the end.

Last edited:

If you ask me what I'm expecting, I'd say I'm expecting for a good closure, given how the odds are against her going. If this show is taking a global reboot, then that's not an area the current Amour could stretch beyond. You can safely expect canonization in the end.

Same here. If it is a global reboot, canon Amour is definitely not a stretch. It's quite a good probability if you ask me.

Exactly canon Amour is a very high chance due to reboot possibility

3vr1m

Just saw the new Trailer for S/M. Ive to say, Serene not going to Alola is one thing but the hole new series is another. Firstly Ash acts like a child again like in BW, wich I didnt liked really, secondly he looks somehow bad animated, like a cartoon charakter than a real anime character, I hope you understand what I mean.

I dont know, even if Serena is going with him, I doubt I will like the new anime, it seems just too childish for me. Maybe thats the reason the announced PM Generations aswell. S/M is going to be for the Kids, and Generations for young adults, but who knows. Furthermore it looks like a complete reset for me, even more than in BW, I mean, why the heck he is going to school ?

Anyway, I didnt watch the one hour special (mainly I didnt find a proper one on Youtube ^^), but what I can see from the Screenshots you just posted, it seems that there is going to be a huge amour moment. In addition, the other pairings did get a moment too, wich was kinda nice. Now we have to wait for two hole weeks to see what happens, but somehow Im a bit concernd. Judging by Serenas look when Satoshi asked/said something to him, she did looked a bit "confused", maybe about her feelings and her desire to become kalos queen. God, I cant wait to see the new Episodes.

PS: is the one hour Episode just called Episode 42 and is a hour long or are they infact two episodes, 42 and 43 ? Could help on my search for a proper video ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.