• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Oh, hush...you complain too much. What we got last episode was fine. It was obviously going to lead to something, and it did. Just relax. :p

LOL yeah, I'm happy with what we got this episode. The surprise factor was another great thing, which just made this seem even better XD

Personally, I think we can ease up with the speculations at this point. We have nothing new right now and the previous episodes were absolutely gigantic IMO.

It isn't like I didn't try to tell him that :p

Great, let's all jump on Blood Red for being a hasty moron -_-

O mai gash, Oh my gash, OMFG!!! I knew that gift from the deito episode was going to be a permanent hint, but i didn't think it would be sooner than expected.

Well, nothing to say because my fellas said everything about the episode. It had pretty and solid hints from both sides and certain reminders about Serena's resolution.

Something I want to note is about the blue ribbon. I think that will represent Satoshi's resolution about not giving up and taking the best of every experience (nothing you do is going to be a waste), Serena's using that as a reminder of that. Kami, she was pretty serious when she said she would treasure that "at first sight unsignificant" gift.

Based Tomioka didn't disappoint us with the amour thing (OT: and I know he won't going to disappoint us at the future, given the new "The Superdevil* of rings: Hoopa"'s new poster with legendary pokemon except Houou appearing, hinting that there would be a huge clash in the movie).

(*: Choumajin doesn't sound like great genie or archdjinn. The kanjis pretty much says "Super Demon God". Great means dai, or ookii in Japanese. Chou is more like an hyperbole prefix like Super, Ultra, Hyper)

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

The flashbacks were more like a fast forwarding though. But yeah most of the scenes shown were about how Ash had led her up to finding a dream.

I agree, this episode is a big thing. The ribbon itself was pretty big at least for me. She'll be wearing something that Ash gave her for a very long time.

Yup, it's shown in the opening that she's wearing it still which makes me happy :D

HA Other people saying the last episode was a wake up call to Ash x Serena shippers, this episode prooves other wise, thank you X and Y writers you made up for last weeks :D

You guy's are right, Ash never compliments on girls looks, that's a good hint from Ash's side :D

Do you guy's think will get another episode of Serena getting jealous?

HA Other people saying the last episode was a wake up call to Ash x Serena shippers, this episode prooves other wise, thank you X and Y writers you made up for last weeks :D

You guy's are right, Ash never compliments on girls looks, that's a good hint from Ash's side :D

IIRC he complimented Hikari on the princess Salvia episode. But pretty much that was a temporary outfit. And he "kinda" complimented Kasumi's Tosakinto outfit on certain OS episode (that on the US version. IIRC, in the jap. one he made a joke comment about her outfit).

But it's true, he never complimented and got aware of certain things of the outfit of her fem. companions till now.

Personally, I think we can ease up with the speculations at this point. We have nothing new right now and the previous episodes were absolutely gigantic IMO.

Great, let's all jump on Blood Red for being a hasty moron -_-

Look who's talking. The serial speculator :p

Because what's the fun otherwise? xD

IIRC he complimented Hikari on the princess Salvia episode. But pretty much that was a temporary outfit. And he "kinda" complimented Kasumi's Tosakinto outfit on certain OS episode (that on the US version. IIRC, in the jap. one he made a joke comment about her outfit).

But it's true, he never complimented and got aware of certain things of the outfit of her fem. companions till now.

First off BluedragonFangirl, absolutely right xD

One off incident. Never happened again, and consider all the other points- like how he quietly said, "It suits her" when Bonnie began complaining xD As to the OS one, I know what you are talking about. It was dub-only.

Looks like Ashy-boy is growing xD

Serena's design struck me.

In a good way or a bad way?

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
So I have just finished watching the episode,oh boy I have so many things to say and a lot of feels

I can definitely say that the Tripokalon is going to be an exciting thing for the series
Serena had a flashback from the Summer Camp about nothing you do is a waste so that's a good hint I suppose
And then the emotional scene at the end (All aboard the feels train) it really was pretty powerful scene and the flashbacks Serena had was pretty interesting cause I think I saw a couple of scenes that had Ash in it
And then her new design,I was surprised that the blue ribbon was brought back and is now a permanent part of Serena's design (I feel like it's symbolic)
So in conclusion this was a really good introduction to her Tripokalon career,let's all hope she wins the next one

Inferno792

Food Wars
So the amour thread is back. I guess some other shipper got jealous of the success of the original thread.

The last part of how Serena showed the ribbon Ash gave her was pretty damn shippy. Her cheeks were buning red.

2 episodes with shippy moments on both sides. I think this is enough fuel to last until another big moment happens. When will it come is beyond me. But I have to say that this episode really took my interest. Serena's design struck me.

BTW, just dropping by to say that I made a fanart based on her new look: http://asuna07neros.deviantart.com/...3755741&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1
Well that was fast, lol. The episode just recently aired and there's already a fanart for her new design. I love it BTW :D

Anywho, I agree, I suppose 2 consecutive episodes are enough to run the amour train until a new one appears. I'm not expecting anything anytime soon but I'm pretty sure we'll definitely have more quality moments for amourshipping. :D

Today's episode is a big hit! I'd give it a score of 9.5/10 there are some water moments though so it's not a perfect score :p

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Oh man, what an awesome episode. Everything happened so fast, but compared (and adding) to XY059, this ship is sailing faster than ever!! It feels so good...

So the amour thread is back. I guess some other shipper got jealous of the success of the original thread.

The last part of how Serena showed the ribbon Ash gave her was pretty damn shippy. Her cheeks were buning red.

I know, right? We mostly see lines of blushing from Serena, XY026 had them accompanied by a pink hue, but blushing because of something Ash said?

Man, I haven't seen that kind of blush since...

...XY007

Nice one, animators. ;)

I also think that the hint at the end was to prove wrong some people's thoughts and to clarify that she cutting her hair wasn't a "I'm going to focus on training for the TriPokalon and forget about my feelings for Ash" thing lol. Also, love her new design overall, she looks even better than I imagined, and her next performance outfit?? HNNNGGGGGG

Well I watched the episode. The scenes leading up to her haircut weren't really that intense IMO. It was pretty okay. I was thinking that it was something more...like Serena being inconsolable or something. She seemed to take the loss quite well before that, which surprised me as to why she even took that drastic a step much after it. Anyway, I suppose this was a fairly good way to show the character customization feature.

The shippy hints, not disappointed there! :D Ash hints were awesome. Serena hints were even more awesome. And I revise my predictions, I say XY061 will have what we now consider as a minor hint- Serena's concern. It seems like Ash gets injured at some point, which angers Goomy to the point that it evolves. So GooeyShipping confirmed xD

While I feel that the Serena hint was simply to discourage the proposition that she might now lose her feelings for Ash because she cut her hair, and she wants to focus on her dream, etc., I feel that the Ash hints were something big. So looks like the surmise that Serena would show concern for Ash's Gym battles, and Ash would show concern for Serena's Tripokelons is more or less confirmed.

Two slightly unrelated things:

1. Damn! Kalos has some crazy technology! Look at those holographic projections and whatnot.
2. I can't believe I got the reason for Serena's loss correct in my fanfic! Of course, I said that Serena tripped and stumbled, instead it was Fennekin. And to think someone said that my idea was far too unrealistic and they wouldn't give that sort of a loss to Serena! EAT THAT! xD

Btw, loved the fanart Asuna. And your efficiency xD

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Okay, I will admit the ending part when Serena debuted her new look was nice shipping-wise, and it was nice to see the ribbon that Ash gave her as part of new new look. That made me feel happy, especially when reading about it here on this thread.

However, I can't help but feel that there was a missed opportunity for the ship in this episode. Yes, there is someone who had some kind of disappointment with how some things turned out and he doesn't care if he gets whiplash from everyone :p

It was during the first few of minutes after Serena had her competition loss. She is completely away from the group when she was having her emotional moment. The fact that she ran away from the group during that moment and acted to the group like she was perfectly okay, kinda makes me feel that the bond between Ash and Serena isn't as close as some of you guys make it out to be.

I'm not saying that Ash needed to frantically rush down the pier and give her a hug, causing Serena to sob into his arms or anything, but it at least would have been nice to see Ash giving her some kind of comforting after she lost or something that would stand out a bit from the way he would treat the other poke-girls.

On a more positive note though, I was expecting some kind of hints in this episode, and there were :D

Okay, I will admit the ending part when Serena debuted her new look was nice shipping-wise, and it was nice to see the ribbon that Ash gave her as part of new new look. That made me feel happy, especially when reading about it here on this thread.

However, I can't help but feel that there was a missed opportunity for the ship in this episode. Yes, there is someone who had some kind of disappointment with how some things turned out and he doesn't care if he gets whiplash from everyone :p

It was during the first few of minutes after Serena had her competition loss. She is completely away from the group when she was having her emotional moment. The fact that she ran away from the group during that moment and acted to the group like she was perfectly okay, kinda makes me feel that the bond between Ash and Serena isn't as close as some of you guys make it out to be.

I'm not saying that Ash needed to frantically rush down the pier and give her a hug, causing Serena to sob into his arms or anything, but it at least would have been nice to see Ash giving her some kind of comforting after she lost or something that would stand out a bit from the way he would treat the other poke-girls.

On a more positive note though, I was expecting some kind of hints in this episode, and there were :D

Let me debunk that. Ash, Bonnie and Clemont were sleeping. There was no way that they could've known that Serena went out. Remember it was before sunrise- that scene. I don't know how much more can he ask for really. As such, his point already stands debunked by the fact that he was confident about her when Clemont asked if she would be okay. Ash trusts in her and believes in her abilities.

Let me tell you this. If Ash did do what you suggest, and went to comfort her on the pier, then people would start bashing Serena saying that she cannot stand on her two feet, and always needs Ash. Yes, that was the actual criticism that already existed. So this would give them more ammunition. IMO this is the balance which they could strike, and there's really nothing more we can ask. I expected no more Ash hints for the next 15 episodes or so, and I was proven wrong in just a week. I'm happy.

calvinhobbesliker

Well, when someone is feeling sad, sometimes it's a good idea to leave them alone for a while instead of smothering them with concern. It seems that Ash was sure that Serena was strong and that she would get through this, which is nice to see. And she did deal with it on her own.

mavyric

I was considering this too for awhile, but with further thought I discarded this idea.

It's actually important here that Serena establishes her presence as a strong character who can pick herself up, instead of being an overly dependent "damsel in distress." It also fits in nicely with her personality (I've always thought Serena was the type to silently cry by herself near a river or something)

I think we will eventually see Ash comfort her in some way, but that should be something of a last resort- the last tiny push to vault her over whatever wall she is facing.

So it's way to early to do that here.

I am hoping for a future episode where Ash can question Serena's decision to cut her hair though, but I'm not going to bet on it.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I'm going to complain about one thing. If you don't care, skip to the quotes.

So, I heard from pokesrini that Serena's redesign had occurred. No images, no description, no nothing. I was kind of upset. I wrote Serena's looks based on this Serena's old look. Even the person I chose to portray Serena (provided she accepts) was selected based on her look, in order to establish a paralell...

Might as well see what all the fuss was abo...

Serena's new design......................................Love IT!!!!
[img139]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Setsuna_F_Seiei07/sdadasdd_zpsgjjoulk7.jpg[/img139]

Oh and Ash complimented her new looks and he noticed the ribbon that he gave. Serena was using it and she blushed with his compliment. Nice hints on both sides!!! :D
Oh my God... I... I'm speechless... She looks so cute... That's it. I'm gonna request a meeting with Toshiya Yamada and Toshihito Hirooka. I MUST GET TO KALOS!
The ribbon Satoshi gave to Serena was used to Serena's new outfit. Satoshi said that her new style suits her and thanked her because she used the ribbon. Is it the first time Satoshi praised a girl's dress?

For the scene that he described above:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/7JhhKw7.png[/img139]

Also Ash did complement her new look + the blue ribbon she used in her new outfit. I'd say that's a hint for sure :D
I believe it is. To both of your posts.
I don't think Ash ever complimented Dawn or May...

This episode really had the same feel as that of Final Fantasy IX's Zidane and Garnet moment. Just wished Ash was there to witness the hair cutting moment, lolz but still, Ash complimented Serena and she blushed! Haha, Great episode but too bad that Serena lost. :(

I just love how she used the ribbon Ash gave to her and the fact that Ash himself took notice. :D

I think so, yes. I do think that this is the first time Ash did complimented a girl with her new look.

Don't know about that FFIX thing, but as long as Serena didn't pull a Sakura, I'm cool. And it doesn't seem that way... I can't get enough of looking at her...
Now I know what all those romantic songs on the radio are about... :D

I got to say, I am surprised and at the same time impressed with Serena's design. I have to admit that I was worried that once she got a new look, it wouldn't be the same. But her design was a big impression for me. The fact that she's also using that ribbon Satoshi gave her was also quite a surprise. That ribbon still amaze me and the fact that Satoshi took notice of it. It was very nice.
One thing I noticed about her new haircut (She looks amazing..., sorry) is that it mirrors the hairstyle she had in Pallet. Maybe her haircut will be used as a plot point sometime in the future.

im speechless, her new haircut really fits on her + the outfit but i did not expect that she gonna use the ribbon from ash, and the blush.. i rate it 100% hint
Your rating is too low.

Good heavens. GOOD HEAVENS! So many hints! Damn it. I missed the episode because I had to study for this bloody midterm. And a fair warning to anyone who mocks me here, if you mock me about this, I am going to mock you when you have exams :p

Anyhow, seems like we have really gotten a bonanza of hints here! Makes me laugh at the fact that some of us were, at one point, thinking that Serena's dream was AmourShipping's downfall xD

Now it isn't bad, her new design. But I would still like it better if she had longer hair. It really isn't bad, this design...but the hair's a little too short. That's just my opinion anyway, and it doesn't seem like this will remain forever. For all we know, they could run a realistic hair growth dynamic, and her hair would grow progressively longer until she gets that ponytail. Not complaining too much though

Anyway, seems like I missed the best hints -_- Glad to hear we got hints from both sides. I can't believe Ash complimented her new look! Are you serious?!

I really cannot believe that just happened! I think this is the first time Ash commented on a girl's look. I can't believe that my fanfic actually was rather realistic xD Well I had always been saying that Serena would lose simply because it portrays something more realistic. Anyhow, I don't think any of us would be complaining much here xD

Someone please confirm. Is this the first time Ash commented on a girl's look?

I am very surprised that we got so many hints immediately after XY059. And that too high quality ones. I really didn't expect it until XY064.
Let's do this by parts. First and foremost: I didn't watch the episode because I was asleep. But I don't have exams... :D

I never said that Serena's dream was Amour's downfall. I always thought they were compatible. And I risk going even further, they're not only compatible, they complement each other.

I liked her long-haired self, but I'm loving her new haircut. Seriously, she's just... lovely...
There's a saying here in Portugal that says "Primeiro estranha-se, depois entranha-se." What it means is first you find something strange, then you realize you love it the way it is.

Just noticed this sequence in this episode:

[IMGsize=500]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9ozxjKCEAAQ7Qc.jpg[/imgsize]

On the second picture, Bonnie said that it was a waste that Serena cut her hair because Bonnie liked it longer.

While on the third picture, you can see Satoshi pats Bonnie's head and said to Serena that it suits her.

Can we consider it a solid hint for Satoshi?

Source of the pic
Bonnie's reaction is very funny. Further proof that she's an Amourian, she did what we would do...

I just don't know why is it that in the first image, both Ash and Clemont look alarmed. And then, Ash has that blank expression I love so much...

Huh? If anything I thought it made her look younger. I hope this isn't her finally look and we can see her hair progressively grow longer, so by the time she's able to challenge the title of Kalos Queen her hair will be at the same length before she cut her hair.

Anyways....this episode man......

I loved every minute of it, the buildup, the anticipation, the anxiety, and the crushing defeat.

And that heartbreaking crying scene leading to the epic haircut.....sooooooo good

This episode alone has restored some faith in me that Pokemon might be worth watching again (besides the shipping parts of course)

Speaking of the shipping, I was very surprised that the ribbon came up so fast. I had thought they would save it for later reference, but I guess putting it here is a way of assuring viewers that her crush is not swayed just because of her determination to win Kalos Queen.

Oh, and Serena was the #1 trending topic on Twitter after the episode.

[img200]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9o3QHYCUAIyBa5.jpg[/img200]

Answer me this, in PM, as to not get infracted: What was the exact reason why she cut her hair?

I agree with Bonnie and Ash
I really liked her long hair look
But I also like short haired Serena now
Edit:So I just checked Twitter on my goodness,Serena is a trending topic after that epsiode
It's not uncommon for Serena, Satoshi, SatoSere, and Pokemon to be trending after the episode airs.

Ashy boy...it suits her does it..now? ;) Solid hint is an understatement. Well, at least AmourShipping is solidly in the agenda. And no one can argue now that it has been sent to the back burner. Looks like XY059 was indeed that turning point that many of us were speculating it to be. I can't believe that it really is Ash we are talking about.
I have a friend who's exactly like that. She builds your hopes up, then crushes your hopes and dreams... Then slightly builds them up again. And she's quite good at that too... The writers seem to be like that as well... At least we know that Amour will be developed correctly.

Okay I don't normally come in here and do some deep analyses, but this episode had quite a few significant symbols that I could not pass up.

Now with that said.....Serena's ribbon on her outfit:

One way or another, this was a significant hint in many ways more than one. And not just a significant flash-in-the-pan hint. The fact that Serena used the ribbon (that Ash gave her) in her new outfit shows how not only does she treasure that gift, but by including it in her outfit it symbolizes that a part of Ash will be there to support Serena and her goal as she pursues it throughout the series. And the fact she placed it near her heart - hmm I wonder what that means

Given the fact that Serena will be sporting her new wardrobe for an undetermined amount of time, this will be a recurring hint that will be seen in subsequent future episodes. It's like as if to frequently remind us viewers that not only is her one-sided crush for Ash still alive, but also to frequently remind viewers that Ash will always be there for Serena no matter what. And in my opinion, that's a BFD. Both XY059 and XY060 was indeed a huge turning point for the ship - there's no going back now. It's here, and it'll be here to stay for good.

If we do have times where we have hint droughts later down the line, just remind yourself that the ribbon's there - for every single episode from now on. It's a recurring hint, and it will always be there. Until she changes her wardrobe later on ._.
I agree with this. Give this man a medal.

So I'd like to divert your attention to this:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/L3BHde3.jpg[/img139]

Serena and Eureka have just walked off after Serena's loss, and Citron asks Satoshi if she'll really be okay. Satoshi replies "Yeah. It's Serena. She's strong."

That look in Satoshi's eyes, though? Is that really just the look of a good friend?

(Maybe it is. But it really stood out to me as I watched the episode)

Mr. Dephender, I was building my way up to this post.
That can be the look of a good friend. But a good friend would look at who's talking, even if talking about someone else.
But that exact look, is not that of a good friend. I see that look on a friend's eyes when he looks at my friend and his girlfriend. That's the reason why I stepped back. But no one here cares about my love life...

...WHAT?!

Dude, I knew this would be the time the writers brought Amour back, but the last thing I expected was the writers to make one of the biggest hints we've received a part of Serena's new design, then as if it wasn't enough, blindside us with an out of nowhere Ash hint!

Looks like the Amourgeddon arrived a week late, but better late than never :D

Tis the AmouRapture!! The worthy will be beamed up to Amour Heaven! Sorry if someone was offended with this religion joke.

im really happy today~ i was disappointed about the episode 59 , but the writers give us a big one on this episode.. Thank you Writers~ and like what Dephender said, the look on ash face is more like confidence about serena, Ash Believe that Serena Will not Run Away from her dream because of just 1 lose, but instead that 1 lose give serena a boost of confidence to fight/challenge incoming event for tripokalon and i know that ash will help her , i rate this episode 10/10

and btw anyone already saw this one?
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/mv/pokemonxy/banen/post_84209/
we can see on this one that fennekin evolve already on her 2nd tripokalon challenge?

I just watched the episode again and noticed all of the flashbacks when serena was about to cut her hair. I noticed alot of them were of ash and the leading up to her goal. I thought it was a nice scene that i missed earlier. anyone else see it?

You are telling me there were flashbacks too?! Oh my God! This is awesome! :D

Wow. Seems like this episode was a huge hint bonanza! I think we won't see many complaining AmourShippers or anyone else for a long time now xD
I find it funny that whenever you say "bonanza", I imagine us (Amourians) as miners searching for something more valuable than gold and silver.

So Serena basically is keeping Ash with her wherever she goes? (The ribbon). Serena you 私のサトシ girl
Good point. But I'd avoid the one-line reply posts.

This is just a beginning.I am sure we will see other Serena designs in the future.Her hair grows eventually.

And the blue ribbon, just wow...That's such a surprise.I am so glad that "Serena's new design" thing ended up well.That blue ribbon should be Amourshipping's new symbol-logo or something.
If her hair grew again, it'd be an hallmark for the series in itself. I mean, Ash has been at this for almost 20 years. By now, his hair should be as long as Mega Goku's.
Is there anything in the games about an outfit with a blue ribbon in it? If so, what's the description the game shows?

I don't know if this is already mentioned. Before the performance, Serena reminded herself about Satoshi's quote "whatever you do is not a waste". This proves Serena trusts and believes in Satoshi. She also now has two quotes from him that will give motivation on her pokemon performer dream and her quest to conquer Satoshi.
And now there's another quote? Great! I shall put it into a t-shirt. I expect you guys to buy one each. More than one is optional.
And I'm actually serious here.

O mai gash, Oh my gash, OMFG!!! I knew that gift from the deito episode was going to be a permanent hint, but i didn't think it would be sooner than expected.

Well, nothing to say because my fellas said everything about the episode. It had pretty and solid hints from both sides and certain reminders about Serena's resolution.

Something I want to note is about the blue ribbon. I think that will represent Satoshi's resolution about not giving up and taking the best of every experience (nothing you do is going to be a waste), Serena's using that as a reminder of that. Kami, she was pretty serious when she said she would treasure that "at first sight unsignificant" gift.

Based Tomioka didn't disappoint us with the amour thing (OT: and I know he won't going to disappoint us at the future, given the new "The Superdevil* of rings: Hoopa"'s new poster with legendary pokemon except Houou appearing, hinting that there would be a huge clash in the movie).

(*: Choumajin doesn't sound like great genie or archdjinn. The kanjis pretty much says "Super Demon God". Great means dai, or ookii in Japanese. Chou is more like an hyperbole prefix like Super, Ultra, Hyper)

Yup, it's shown in the opening that she's wearing it still which makes me happy :D

Do you guy's think will get another episode of Serena getting jealous?

Permanent hint? The kind of permanent hint Ash/Serena would do anything to recover? This is a fic idea. I should get paid to have ideas...

Also, a friend of mine once said "Roses die, Ribbons are forever." He believed in this so strongly, he made a forum for Advanceshippers...

Oh man, what an awesome episode. Everything happened so fast, but compared (and adding) to XY059, this ship is sailing faster than ever!! It feels so good...

I know, right? We mostly see lines of blushing from Serena, XY026 had them accompanied by a pink hue, but blushing because of something Ash said?

Man, I haven't seen that kind of blush since...

...XY007

Nice one, animators. ;)

I also think that the hint at the end was to prove wrong some people's thoughts and to clarify that she cutting her hair wasn't a "I'm going to focus on training for the TriPokalon and forget about my feelings for Ash" thing lol. Also, love her new design overall, she looks even better than I imagined, and her next performance outfit?? HNNNGGGGGG

More parallels established.

Wow, I think I broke my own record... 17.000 characters...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Let me debunk that. Ash, Bonnie and Clemont were sleeping. There was no way that they could've known that Serena went out. Remember it was before sunrise- that scene. I don't know how much more can he ask for really. As such, his point already stands debunked by the fact that he was confident about her when Clemont asked if she would be okay. Ash trusts in her and believes in her abilities.

Let me tell you this. If Ash did do what you suggest, and went to comfort her on the pier, then people would start bashing Serena saying that she cannot stand on her two feet, and always needs Ash. Yes, that was the actual criticism that already existed. So this would give them more ammunition. IMO this is the balance which they could strike, and there's really nothing more we can ask. I expected no more Ash hints for the next 15 episodes or so, and I was proven wrong in just a week. I'm happy.

I think I may have mis-wrote the point I was trying to get across, but since people are already quoting it, I guess it's pointless to go back and edit it. I was meaning in general that I would have liked to see Ash try to give Serena some kind of comforting at any time starting from the time when it was revealed that Serena messed up on her performance. I'm not going to say much more right now as I wrote part of my post all wrong.

I think I may have mis-wrote the point I was trying to get across, but since people are already quoting it, I guess it's pointless to go back and edit it. I was meaning in general that I would have liked to see Ash try to give Serena some kind of comforting at any time starting from the time when it was revealed that Serena messed up on her performance. I'm not going to say much more right now as I wrote part of my post all wrong.

No its fine really. Its just an opinion, and I gave reasons why I felt it was wrong :) I just feel that we got a couple of really good Ash hints, and I mean really good ones. And while I like AmourShipping, I feel that Serena needs to grow as a character too. Ash said a similar thing too when Clemont asked if she would be okay, saying that she would be fine. We might see him comforting her in some different scenario at some other point of the show maybe. Or we may also see him guide her- in XY064. There's still plenty of time after all :)

It would be nice, yes I do admit that I'd like to see Ash comforting Serena but I think it was a good decision that he left her alone for a while. I strongly believe that Ash knows what Serena is currently feeling and I'm sure he is well aware that it is normal to be in that way. He knows that Serena will be able to stand in her own two feet without hesitation and that's the thing that I really admire in his current character. When Clemont asked Ash if Serena would be okay, you can clearly see the confidence inside him, saying that Serena will be fine. In short, Ash trusts and have confidence on Serena and I sure am glad she was able to show him that.

EDIT: Just rewatched the episode. I noticed, after Ash saw the ribbon, he said that he was glad that Serena liked it and thanked her for using it. So what's your take on that, people?

Last edited:

mavyric

On the subject of Ash caring for Serena, there is another (minor) hint to consider

When Clemont, Bonnie, and Ash were at the Pokemon center waiting for Serena, Ash volunteered to go look for her (possibly suspecting Serena was feeling down?)

Also, regarding the ribbon scene, an interesting translation just popped up for me

I originally thought Ash was saying "Oh you like it? Thank you!"

but now I've been told that he's saying "Oh you've put it on? Thank you!"

Can anyone verify? Cuz it sounds like Ash is asserting his territory with his present, lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.