• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
It would be nice, yes I do admit that I'd like to see Ash comforting Serena but I think it was a good decision that he left her alone for a while. I strongly believe that Ash knows what Serena is currently feeling and I'm sure he is well aware that it is normal to be in that way. He knows that Serena will be able to stand in her own two feet without hesitation and that's the thing that I really admire in his current character. When Clemont asked Ash if Serena would be okay, you can clearly see the confidence inside him, saying that Serena will be fine. In short, Ash trusts and have confidence on Serena and I sure am glad she was able to show him that.

EDIT: Just rewatched the episode. I noticed, after Ash saw the ribbon, he said that he was glad that Serena liked it and thanked her for using it. So what's your take on that, people?

He did that? I'm not exactly sure if it's a hint per se, but I do like the sound of that! To me, this scenario makes me feel that with the "gift" now, there could possibly actually be a little bit more to it than it just being something Ash decided out of nowhere to give to her since he couldn't use it. Now I can't wait to see both 059 and 060 in subs.

He did that? I'm not exactly sure if it's a hint per se, but I do like the sound of that! To me, this scenario makes me feel that with the "gift" now, there could possibly actually be a little bit more to it than it just being something Ash decided out of nowhere to give to her since he couldn't use it. Now I can't wait to see both 059 and 060 in subs.

Yep, he did thanked her for using the ribbon and he was happy about it. I also rewatched the the date episode and Dear Arceus, Not sure if it's only in the sub translation but when he was to give Serena the present, he said: "Serena, will you accept this?"
[img139]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Setsuna_F_Seiei07/dsada_zpsvlmmatfs.jpg[/img139]
Gundammit, it's like he's proposing or something, lolz. :D

And now that she's using it, it's like he was happy that she said yes to him, ahahaha! (That was a joke, peeps. D-don't take it seriously.... :/)

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Yep, he did thanked her for using the ribbon and he was happy about it. I also rewatched the the date episode and Dear Arceus, Not sure if it's only in the sub translation but when he was to give Serena the present, he said: "Serena, will you accept this?"
[img139]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Setsuna_F_Seiei07/dsada_zpsvlmmatfs.jpg[/img139]
Gundammit, it's like he's proposing or something, lolz. :D

And now that she's using it, it's like he was happy that she said yes to him, ahahaha! (That was a joke, peeps. D-don't take it seriously.... :/)

Meh, good enough for me. I call canon already XD

Jokes aside, it's definitely a cute moment. Since it's apparently a big thing according to Japanese culture, I think the writers wanted to highlight the moment.

Meh, good enough for me. I call canon already XD

Jokes aside, it's definitely a cute moment. Since it's apparently a big thing according to Japanese culture, I think the writers wanted to highlight the moment.

I do think so too. Man, At first I was a bit bitter for the date episode but after episode 60 and rewatching EP 59, I can say that these two episodes are two of the most memorable amour moments for me. Re-rating episode 59 to 9.5/10 :D

BTW. saw this on Twitter:
[img139]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Setsuna_F_Seiei07/asa_zpsductxo4e.jpg[/img139]

Maybe it's nothing much but what's your take on it???

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
It would be nice, yes I do admit that I'd like to see Ash comforting Serena but I think it was a good decision that he left her alone for a while. I strongly believe that Ash knows what Serena is currently feeling and I'm sure he is well aware that it is normal to be in that way. He knows that Serena will be able to stand in her own two feet without hesitation and that's the thing that I really admire in his current character. When Clemont asked Ash if Serena would be okay, you can clearly see the confidence inside him, saying that Serena will be fine. In short, Ash trusts and have confidence on Serena and I sure am glad she was able to show him that.

EDIT: Just rewatched the episode. I noticed, after Ash saw the ribbon, he said that he was glad that Serena liked it and thanked her for using it. So what's your take on that, people?

I noticed that too. But I thought he said something like: "That's great! Thank you!"

Anyway, I think that he realizes that she is now treasuring his gift by putting it on an outfit she is wearing, which means, like someone said before, she will have a part of him whenever she goes. (ohGodthatsoundedsocheesy) He is glad that she is doing that, not only because she is using something he gave to her, but because HOW she is using it. Maybe it's just a blue ribbon he won by surprise and that "is not for use to him", but what matters to him is the emotional and grateful value he put into it, and how she is reciprocating those feelings by wearing it.

What he doesn't know is that those feelings are waaay bigger than he imagines lol

EDIT: Oh look we're on the page of the episode! It sure isn't a coincidence.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
[img139]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Setsuna_F_Seiei07/asa_zpsductxo4e.jpg[/img139]

Maybe it's nothing much but what's your take on it???

Q: Satoshi and Serena left Pikachu and the others behind and went shopping for presents just the two of them. Why?
1: Because the Pokemon would get more excited if they didn't know what presents they would receive.
2: Because Serena wanted to spend some time with Satoshi just the two of them
3: Because Satoshi's Pokemon were too worn out after the Gym match

It's them being teases in the quiz again, just like back in XY39

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
one thing bothers me about today's episode, the woman who was watching Serena cut her hair, could she be a talent agent for the event's Serena wants to participate in? I don't remember the name off the top of my head of these competitions Serena's competing in.

If so this begs to be asked.

If Serena is scouted by this woman more in the future for these competitions could it impact Amourshipping?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Q: Satoshi and Serena left Pikachu and the others behind and went shopping for presents just the two of them. Why?
1: Because the Pokemon would get more excited if they didn't know what presents they would receive.
2: Because Serena wanted to spend some time with Satoshi just the two of them
3: Because Satoshi's Pokemon were too worn out after the Gym match

It's them being teases in the quiz again, just like back in XY39

I can't think of why they would do these teases. I really don't know what to make of them to be honest. Are they supposed to be jokes? Do they mean something more? What is it about these teases?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
one thing bothers me about today's episode, the woman who was watching Serena cut her hair, could she be a talent agent for the event's Serena wants to participate in? I don't remember the name off the top of my head of these competitions Serena's competing in.

If Serena is scouted by this woman more in the future for these competitions could it impact Amourshipping?

Hard to say. The writers could take it three ways:

A) Serena considers her career too important and leaves Ash's side at the end of the saga.

B) She's tempted by the woman's offer and leaves Ash at first, but realizes that success is meaningless without someone to share it with, so she chases after him.

C) The woman informs Serena of Tripokalons taking place in Gen 7 region, thus keeping Ash and Serena together for the next Generation.

I can't think of why they would do these teases. I really don't know what to make of them to be honest. Are they supposed to be jokes? Do they mean something more? What is it about these teases?

Probably just a way for the writers to promote Amourshipping some more. After all, it's not like the writers are unaware of the ship's massive popularity.

aipomadvanceshipper

image.jpg
When/if Serena leaves at the end of the saga maybe because of this woman, if she wants to train Serena. I think that's a possibility. Like Dawns reasons for leaving, Bunearys modelling, May because of her contest and misty because of the gym. She may want independence and want training to be Kalos queen.

mavyric

Honestly, if Serena is ever going to have a reason for leaving Ash at the end of this generation, I'm betting good money it's going to be because of this person (Yashio) .

With that said

Since she looks like so much like Miranda Priestly from "The Devil Wears Prada"
[img300]http://i.imgur.com/1tdXiXb.jpg[/img300]

My dream ending for XY would basically be Serena going full Anne Hathaway and chase after Ash to the next region.

Sheepy Lamby

Excellent episode, what do I get from it?
1) Serena's ribbon on her chest: if a girl wears something you gave it all the time, then she is explicitly "saying" and showing to the world that she is yours :) (people here with girlfriends know exactly what I am talking about) don't you think other characters will make good comments on that blue ribbon? :D
2) Ash's attitude: the way how she looked at her when she showed her new look was very interesting, I'm not saying it is a hint, but his eyes now see her in a different way... is it love? is it true friendship? you decide the answer guys, what some of you call hints are probably not for others here...
3) Serena's change of look: the fact how the sun is shown (in front of her) while cutting her hair means that she is changing in order to reach their goal, I just hope that goal doesn't take it away from Ash, but it could.
Great great episode, very emotional. It was heartbreaking to see Serena crying, I wish Ash was there to comfort her :(

Great question dude... and the answer may not be as positive as we (Amourshippers) wish it was... why? Because if thta lady decides to help (or mentor) Serena, this little girl will have to leave Ash to follow her dream.
Sorry for sounding negative, but the writers have been twisting plots for more than 15 years :s

I'm going to complain about one thing. If you don't care, skip to the quotes.

So, I heard from pokesrini that Serena's redesign had occurred. No images, no description, no nothing. I was kind of upset. I wrote Serena's looks based on this Serena's old look. Even the person I chose to portray Serena (provided she accepts) was selected based on her look, in order to establish a paralell...

Might as well see what all the fuss was abo...

Oh my God... I... I'm speechless... She looks so cute... That's it. I'm gonna request a meeting with Toshiya Yamada and Toshihito Hirooka. I MUST GET TO KALOS!

I believe it is. To both of your posts.
I don't think Ash ever complimented Dawn or May...

Don't know about that FFIX thing, but as long as Serena didn't pull a Sakura, I'm cool. And it doesn't seem that way... I can't get enough of looking at her...
Now I know what all those romantic songs on the radio are about... :D

One thing I noticed about her new haircut (She looks amazing..., sorry) is that it mirrors the hairstyle she had in Pallet. Maybe her haircut will be used as a plot point sometime in the future.

Your rating is too low.

Let's do this by parts. First and foremost: I didn't watch the episode because I was asleep. But I don't have exams... :D

I never said that Serena's dream was Amour's downfall. I always thought they were compatible. And I risk going even further, they're not only compatible, they complement each other.

I liked her long-haired self, but I'm loving her new haircut. Seriously, she's just... lovely...
There's a saying here in Portugal that says "Primeiro estranha-se, depois entranha-se." What it means is first you find something strange, then you realize you love it the way it is.

Bonnie's reaction is very funny. Further proof that she's an Amourian, she did what we would do...

I just don't know why is it that in the first image, both Ash and Clemont look alarmed. And then, Ash has that blank expression I love so much...

Answer me this, in PM, as to not get infracted: What was the exact reason why she cut her hair?

It's not uncommon for Serena, Satoshi, SatoSere, and Pokemon to be trending after the episode airs.

I have a friend who's exactly like that. She builds your hopes up, then crushes your hopes and dreams... Then slightly builds them up again. And she's quite good at that too... The writers seem to be like that as well... At least we know that Amour will be developed correctly.

I agree with this. Give this man a medal.

Mr. Dephender, I was building my way up to this post.
That can be the look of a good friend. But a good friend would look at who's talking, even if talking about someone else.
But that exact look, is not that of a good friend. I see that look on a friend's eyes when he looks at my friend and his girlfriend. That's the reason why I stepped back. But no one here cares about my love life...

Tis the AmouRapture!! The worthy will be beamed up to Amour Heaven! Sorry if someone was offended with this religion joke.

I find it funny that whenever you say "bonanza", I imagine us (Amourians) as miners searching for something more valuable than gold and silver.

Good point. But I'd avoid the one-line reply posts.

If her hair grew again, it'd be an hallmark for the series in itself. I mean, Ash has been at this for almost 20 years. By now, his hair should be as long as Mega Goku's.
Is there anything in the games about an outfit with a blue ribbon in it? If so, what's the description the game shows?

And now there's another quote? Great! I shall put it into a t-shirt. I expect you guys to buy one each. More than one is optional.
And I'm actually serious here.

Permanent hint? The kind of permanent hint Ash/Serena would do anything to recover? This is a fic idea. I should get paid to have ideas...

Also, a friend of mine once said "Roses die, Ribbons are forever." He believed in this so strongly, he made a forum for Advanceshippers...

More parallels established.

Wow, I think I broke my own record... 17.000 characters...

Pretty much that megapost sums up everyone's thoughts about the episode and Serena's new outfit and the connection with the "deito episode".

A little correction: Toshiya Yamada got fired after BW. XY designers are Toshihito Hirooka (he was character's art designer since AG to BW, but he was promoted to Character designer/Chief animator on XY) and Sayuri Ichiishi (IIRC she made the designs for OS Characters).

dp045

Honestly, if Serena is ever going to have a reason for leaving Ash at the end of this generation, I'm betting good money it's going to be because of this person (Yashio) .

With that said

Since she looks like so much like Miranda Priestly from "The Devil Wears Prada"
[img300]http://i.imgur.com/1tdXiXb.jpg[/img300]

My dream ending for XY would basically be Serena going full Anne Hathaway and chase after Ash to the next region.

if that does happen I think that taketh a screenshot of it, would use as target practice with knives, the would burn, would take the ashes mix them with gunpowder and other explosives and leave them in the car than I think this character to that will be the f ...

no seriously I see that it would be likely to happen or will happen inlcuso I would like to see a development in Serena seeing a conflict between following his dream or follow Ash but hopefully not pass this and this sort of romance subplot ends.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
At the very least, if Yashio's purpose in this show is indeed to be a travelling agent, she provides the writers an out if they want to wrap up the shipping subplot and move on to Gen VII in a way that isn't contrived and out of left field like Dawn's Buneary excuse.

Not saying that's exactly how this will go down later on, but for now, the writers have the foundation just in case. For all we know, they could bait the out itself instead.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Woah, what's with everyone discussing the death of Amour once more? We just got past one major crisis, let's relax for a while before we take to arms and start declaring the end of Amourshipping because of one character who may or may not have an impact on the ship.

gsdfhf

Wumboligist
Just saw the episode and I must say, all that the date episode didn't have, this episode had five times more!

It was so emotional when Serena started crying, this may be a stretch, but kinda gives Mystery Dungeon some competition.

For everything good in the world, let's just hope whatever happens, Serena stays with Ash. If they twist the plot again I'll...grr...I don't even...head down to Japan and rip their heads off or something...

Didn't realize that blue ribbon on her dress was the same from before. Armour if I've ever seen it.

Hate to say it pokesrini, but I think the new look is growing on me. :)

Sheepy Lamby

Woah, what's with everyone discussing the death of Amour once more? We just got past one major crisis,relax for a while before we take to arms and start declaring the end of Amourshipping because of one character who may or may not have an impact on the ship.

Dude, the ship isn't sinking...it is just changing. Some of us are just speculating if Serena will leave Ash or not, which is different than saying this Amourshipping is dead. Serena is wearing Ash's ribbon, that is what really matters :D

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
I love her new look so much, and the fact that she wears the ribbon that Ash gave her the day before, OMG it was just cute, amazing and never-seen-before-in-Pokemon. When I saw all this I was like... WOW... they really changed, the show matured a lot. Ash's facial expressions were... amusing to say the least. I could see in his eyes that he likes her new design, just like I do~

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying

You know, I just watched the episode from today and I was wondering about the same thing. Honestly though, I could see the woman telling Serena that she needed to focus more on performances than on Ash if she were ever to see something that might suggest Serena has feelings for Ash. At that point I could see Serena only going one way, and that is anywhere where that woman isn't. I have seen that many times in shows where someone makes a character choose between their goal and someone they love and the character chooses her love over the goal (to a certain extent here, I just expect some retalliation on Serena's part if there were a choice to be made).

Now onto my impression of the episode. I don't think we have ever seen such an emotional scene before where someone just all out breaks down and starts crying. It was a pretty amazing scene if you ask me, but she handled it better than I initially thought she would. I thought we would see her just break down and lose it to a certain extent and would become extremely emotional for quite a while. So I was pleasantly surprised here. And it is actually nice to see Serena actually be able to handle the emotions herself, but I expect that later on we see some scenes where the issues come back up and Ash has to help her get to a better emotional state, most likely this will happen in episode 64 where Serena pushes her pokemon to hard as a result of all of the stress.

And although I am not a fan of the redesign because of the hair, and she looks a lot younger now to me, I accept it because of the ribbon and the overall outfit was pretty good. I also think the writers are trying to use that ribbon as a way of symbolizing that Ash will always be close to her heart because Serena really started to blush when Ash noticed it, and Ash noticing it was a pretty cool thing in itself. I just think that eventually we will see the hair come back and her outfit will eventually change again.

I also think that this episode was just flat out amazing when it came to hints and what not and was actually better than the last episode, but if it were not for the last episode, we wouldn't have had a proper lead up to this episode. I have realized that I have different thought than most on some of the hints before, but I actually agree with pretty much everything everyone has said so far. I however am not expecting to much of a hint drought here because of the emotional state Serena might be in for a while after this.

Also a side thought that I had, might be nothing but, I am assuming that at some point we will see the group meet Aria, this I believe could be interesting. I think this because of how Aria and Ash might interact. After the poke vision episode, it was pretty clear that Serena could be a little worried about Ash thinking other girls are attractive, and after the reaction Serena gave before Ash clarified his statement, Aria could be a good way of bringing out her feelings. If Aria and Ash really hit it off well and get along well throughout the time that they are with Aria, I could see Serena getting extremely envious of the situation and might act a little more on her feelings to get Aria to back off a bit. Also, I think Serena could eventually view Aria as a threat to her relationship with Ash, because she was obviously worried Ash would say that Aria was cute during that poke vision episode, so Serena might think that Aria is prettier than she is and might not react well. This is just an opinion here and I don't think that all of this is all to likely, except for meeting Aria, because of how Serena's character has been developed as of now. I just think that it could be really interesting for the development of Serena's feelings towards Ash, and it might get so blatant at some point that even Ash notices and he might realize what is going on around him.

I actually had a longer post on all of this stuff than what I have posted but it was deleted like three times when my computer decided to refresh the page, so you all actually get a shorter version of my opinions.

Edit: We are also approaching the point where we will see Iris's cameo appearance and that could also get pretty interesting. I see Serena doing the opposite of what Dawn did though in respect to Iris calling Ash a little kid. I actually think Serena would get quite defensive about Iris saying that, and Iris would automatically pick up on Serena's feelings and start teasing them about it in different ways. Also Dragonite and Goodra could get interesting, if Sligoo has evolved that far by that point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.