• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

No, no it doesn't...
Kalos league victory-this is the last league episode, and someone has to win the league
Ash's ultimate battle-his skills have reached their climax, and it'll be his best battle yet.

Both, to some degree, we're true. Although some may say Ash vs Sawyer was btter, for him, it was his best
Besides, who's the say that they'll troll us? Ash needed to lose to set up the Flare arc, which should've made up for it, and you can't compare amour to the leagues.

Guys, don't go on about non-topic related stuff! Titles are ambiguous, we get it. Nevertheless, Serena is making a choice. I believe it involves her future both with and without Ash, but we'll have to see.

Feraleaguehater

No, no it doesn't...
Kalos league victory-this is the last league episode, and someone has to win the league
Ash's ultimate battle-his skills have reached their climax, and it'll be his best battle yet.

Both, to some degree, we're true. Although some may say Ash vs Sawyer was btter, for him, it was his best
Besides, who's the say that they'll troll us? Ash needed to lose to set up the Flare arc, which should've made up for it, and you can't compare amour to the leagues.

I don't know man. It's better to take titles with a grain of salt from now on. Also, approaching titles this way gives us more hope about XYZ 45.

And i don't think Ash had to lose to set up the Flare arc, i don't think he had to lose to be able travel to other regions and i definitely don't think he had to lose because he was too young(i mean, Alain should have the same age), but i'm afraid we'll go off-topic if we delve too much into that stuff.

In regard to amourshipping, what would your reaction be if Serena went to Alola with Ash but both their characters were reseted(except for the fact they're friends/a couple)?

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
Lukas Graham ~ 7 years - A Serena Parody
Warning, this song contains emotional lyrics and may destroy your tissueboxes!

Once I was 7 years old my momma told me
Go to Summer Camp or you'll be lonely
Once I was 7 years old

There was a big forest, I thought it would be funny
But a wild Poliwag appeared and hurted my knee
I was laying on the ground and screamed for my mummy
Then a boy named Ash came out and he wanted to help me

Once I was eleven years old my momma told me
Go get yourself a boy or you'll be lonely
Once I was eleven years old

I always had no dream unlike my mother before me
So I started chasing Ash, I started my new journey
I tried Pokévision, and made some Poképuffies
But I really want to perform and collect some keys

Once I was shy and not bold, my story got told
Before I met Ash I felt so lonely
Once I was shy and not bold

To Be Continued...

I hope I didn't destroy all of your tissue boxes. If you want me to do the whole song just ask! I would love to make it :D

Go ahead do the full songs, they're so funny xD
Speaking of which, since I started school tomorrow, my parodies may come once a week or so :/

Peripuff

I don't know man. It's better to take titles with a grain of salt from now on. Also, approaching titles this way gives us more hope about XYZ 45.

And i don't think Ash had to lose to set up the Flare arc, i don't think he had to lose to be able travel to other regions and i definitely don't think he had to lose because he was too young(i mean, Alain should have the same age), but i'm afraid we'll go off-topic if we delve too much into that stuff.

In regard to amourshipping, what would your reaction be if Serena went to Alola with Ash but both their characters were reseted(except for the fact they're friends/a couple)?

Personally, I did not mind Ash's character reset in BW, I was not happy, but I did not mind, so I don't think I would mind if their characters were reset when they go to Alola (unless they have completely different personalities than before)

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer

As long as they're the same inside, I'd be fine. To see both of them advance together is sort of amour is all about. Just don't make them like if they were from BW, we don't want them to forget all that happened in XY xD

Neatolzy

Well, after the weekend I watched some Amour highlights on Youtube to cheer myself up and tbh it was quite refreshing to remind myself just how much there has been. I think it doesn't help that Amour moments have been slim in the league and TF arch so its easy to overlook that. Given how the writing has been on point for most of XY (controversies aside) and everything that has happened over the series, I do believe we'll at least get a satisfactory resolution (going to Alola or otherwise).

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Guys, don't go on about non-topic related stuff! Titles are ambiguous, we get it. Nevertheless, Serena is making a choice. I believe it involves her future both with and without Ash, but we'll have to see.
Yes guys please stay on topic!

Let's just go by what we know, Serena and Shauna are putting on a performance, Serena has to make a decision, and her and Ash are battling. In relation to Amourshipping, I could actually see the #Shaunaknows coming into play here. How? Shauna could give her a little push and maybe Serena reveals a bit of how she feels to Ash, but not everything. It's definitely going to be one of the more critical episode in terms of Amourshipping I believe though.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer
TY!

Yours are also great. Keep up the works. Musicians for life :D

If this were an actual galleon ship, my cabin would have speakers, microphones, all sort of instruments, etc. xD Thank you!

And daniel, that's possible... she and Shauna always seemed like best friends.. but you really can't ignore the fact she is brought up again 3 episodes later! The wait is killing me!! xD

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

I mean, as long as they really still are the same characters on the inside then I'm fine with it. The only problem id have is if Ash is a complete retard. Otherwise, a reset isn't terrible, but also not necessarily ideal.

Yes guys please stay on topic!

Let's just go by what we know, Serena and Shauna are putting on a performance, Serena has to make a decision, and her and Ash are battling. In relation to Amourshipping, I could actually see the #Shaunaknows coming into play here. How? Shauna could give her a little push and maybe Serena reveals a bit of how she feels to Ash, but not everything. It's definitely going to be one of the more critical episode in terms of Amourshipping I believe though.

We actually don't even know when that performance is. It could very well be a thought bubble thinking into the future for all we know. But anyways, Shauna knowing of Serena's feelings does help because say Serena did feel upset about being away, Shauna would certainly tell her to go after him.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer

Feraleaguehater

If they brought Serena back but now she was just a regular student and acted like she never had been or wanted to become a performer, not sure i'd feel too bad that a good chunk of her character development had been put aside. Having Serena in Alola became such a huge desire that i might be okay with giving up some of said development.

pakimon

There is a couple of things I find interesting about the summary for Serena's episode. We all know there is a somewhat strong possibility this is the episode of her -temporary?- farewell. I know it's just a summary but 1. It doesn't mention
Palermo at all, and we know Serena is going to call her once she is satisfied with her journey, so if Palermo is not mentioned at all on the episode, it's a point towards Serena appearing later. 2. We know Kalos Queen is one of Serena's dreams but this summary explicitly states that Serena's dream is to make everyone smile, this means she is no longer tied to the Kalos region, basically she can go around the world Alola to perform and make people happy.

Just my opinion.

FulgoreX

Banned
If they brought Serena back but now she was just a regular student and acted like she never had been or wanted to become a performer, not sure i'd feel too bad that a good chunk of her character development had been put aside. Having Serena in Alola became such a huge desire that i might be okay with giving up some of said development.

I'd be more worried what a new Serena design would look like.

Sun/Moon Ash looks hideous.

TheArchosaurian

Amour Composer

You know, her development is one of the reasons why many of us love/ship Serena. #SerenaFanClub, #AmourFTW, bro.

pakimon said:
There is a couple of things I find interesting about the summary for Serena's episode. We all know there is a somewhat strong possibility this is the episode of her -temporary?- farewell. I know it's just a summary but 1. It doesn't mention
Palermo at all, and we know Serena is going to call her once she is satisfied with her journey, so if Palermo is not mentioned at all on the episode, it's a point towards Serena appearing later. 2. We know Kalos Queen is one of Serena's dreams but this summary explicitly states that Serena's dream is to make everyone smile, this means she is no longer tied to the Kalos region, basically she can go around the world Alola to perform and make people happy.

Just my opinion.

Like we've said a kazillion times, nothing is finalized or confirmed, and she is brought up again in XYZ48 sooo....

FulgoreX said:

We already stated that Serena, judgin by Lillie and Mallows look, would look just about the same, and if you get over his looks Ash is fine.

All in all, amour is still perfectly OK

JCW18 said:
Ah, so it is fake. That's what I was afraid of

at least you didn't start to get emotional a bit too prematurely xD

Feraleaguehater

Just my opinion.

That's definitely one way to look at things. If her dream expanded from something as "narrow" as wanting to be Kalos queen to wanting to make everyone smile, that would obviously facilitate trips to other regions. Also, if she wants to make non-fictional people smile, the outcome of things should be pretty favorable for amourshippers :)

I personally agree. The animation looks more fluid, but something seems to have been lost on the level of Ash's design, detail, etc... I think Serena could look really good with a model akin to Lillie's (who looks like an actual anime character).

You know, her development is one of the reasons why many of us love/ship Serena. #SerenaFanClub, #AmourFTW, bro.

Yeah, i know, maybe that would be asking too much, but her personality didn't have to be modified because she didn't go through the wanting to be a performer process. Let's just say that in S/M some of her ambitions could be latent rather than fulfilled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.