• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Thing is, this "catalyst" of yours is a big threat to SatoSere. Citron may not be a threat for now but the moment the writers decide to play out with him and Serena, things may go bad for this shipping. If the writers want to have Serena to move on, they ca have Citron do the killing slowly. That's the threat that he can give to the ship. Tierno, so-so.

Long story short, any recurring character is a big threat to the entire ship itself. Amour is a fragile ship that one bump and everyting may collapse, especially since Satoshi hasn't gave any signs of falling for Serena at the moment. He may have been giving nice and smooth hints for these past episodes but he's still nowhere near to the point of falling for her. Anyway, if there ever be a time where a male character that needs to do the job, it has to be a CoTD (Similar to Millfuie for Serena) but a character that will last for couple of episodes? Yeah, no.

What about her?

On your first point, I don't think that it is that fragile. With a male character acting as a catalyst just to get a reaction from Ash wouldn't negatively affect Serena's feelings in any way and if we did get a reaction from Ash and Serena noticed, it would only strengthen her feelings for him as she would think that he is developing feelings for her or cares about her in some fashion. I just don't really see any negative effect a recurring character like Tierno could have. Now a catalyst from the female side could be something of issue however. If some random girl falls for Ash and starts trying to act all lovey dovey around him and he unknowingly goes along with it, I could see that affecting Serena's feelings. But I have a feeling something like that would be resolved eventually as it could harm ratings and viewership and what not.

And with Misty, I just threw that in there as a possible bonus for us long time fans who always wanted to see more of Misty. But who knows, she could also have an effect on amour as well if we do in fact see her in a Kanto arc. She could be a catalyst from the female side. They could at least give some closure for Misty as they cut her out of the storyline very abruptly and in the worst possible way. They could give some subtle hints as to who she is in love with and if she still has a thing for Ash and that could draw up a response from Serena. This is all to far in the future and far to unlikely though to get very invested in anyways though.

For Setsuna's question, if I were the writers and I threw in a hint like that where Serena makes a confession while she thinks Ash isn't around I think it would be a situation like this:
[spoil]It is nearing the end of the series and Serena still hasn't revealed her true feelings for Ash and she is sitting alone on a pier or something and is reflecting on her time with Ash.

While she is having her moment of reflection Ash begins to walk up to her on the pier but when he sees her talking to herself he stops and hides behind something. He will of course be close enough to hear what she is talking about.

Serena begins to talk to herself and begins talking about her feelings for Ash. Maybe something like "And Ash, I can't believe that all of this time we have spent together and all of the hints I have given to you, and yet you still don't realize how I feel about you." She begins to tear up and Ash takes notice.

Ash then walks up to her from his hiding spot and puts his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. This of course startles her and she quickly wipes away her tears and she stands up and asks Ash what all he heard. He then says that he heard all of it and Serena says "All of it?" and Ash gives a simple nod. Or we could play the cover-up card and he says that he just got there and didn't here anything as a way to have Serena think that Ash still doesn't know.

Ash then begins to reflect on his time with Serena and what Serena said about him not noticing her feelings. He would eventually come to the realization that he shares these feelings but doesn't know how to tell her. AND.....Cliffhanger.[/spoil]

Ash saying he didn't here anything is my way of covering it up, so that way he still knows but Serena doesn't know that he knows. So we could keep it going strong while Ash is able to start understanding how he feels and stuff.

Last edited:

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
On your first point, I don't think that it is that fragile. With a male character acting as a catalyst just to get a reaction from Ash wouldn't negatively affect Serena's feelings in any way and if we did get a reaction from Ash and Serena noticed, it would only strengthen her feelings for him as she would think that he is developing feelings for her or cares about her in some fashion. I just don't really see any negative effect a recurring character like Tierno could have. Now a catalyst from the female side could be something of issue however. If some random girl falls for Ash and starts trying to act all lovey dovey around him and he unknowingly goes along with it, I could see that affecting Serena's feelings. But I have a feeling something like that would be resolved eventually as it could harm ratings and viewership and what not.

And with Misty, I just threw that in there as a possible bonus for us long time fans who always wanted to see more of Misty. But who knows, she could also have an effect on amour as well if we do in fact see her in a Kanto arc. She could be a catalyst from the female side. They could at least give some closure for Misty as they cut her out of the storyline very abruptly and in the worst possible way. They could give some subtle hints as to who she is in love with and if she still has a thing for Ash and that could draw up a response from Serena. This is all to far in the future and far to unlikely though to get very invested in anyways though.

For Setsuna's question, if I were the writers and I threw in a hint like that where Serena makes a confession while she thinks Ash isn't around I think it would be a situation like this:
[spoil]It is nearing the end of the series and Serena still hasn't revealed her true feelings for Ash and she is sitting alone on a pier or something and is reflecting on her time with Ash.

While she is having her moment of reflection Ash begins to walk up to her on the pier but when he sees her talking to herself he stops and hides behind something. He will of course be close enough to hear what she is talking about.

Serena begins to talk to herself and begins talking about her feelings for Ash. Maybe something like "And Ash, I can't believe that all of this time we have spent together and all of the hints I have given to you, and yet you still don't realize how I feel about you." She begins to tear up and Ash takes notice.

Ash then walks up to her from his hiding spot and puts his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. This of course startles her and she quickly wipes away her tears and she stands up and asks Ash what all he heard. He then says that he heard all of it and Serena says "All of it?" and Ash gives a simple nod. Or we could play the cover-up card and he says that he just got there and didn't here anything as a way to have Serena think that Ash still doesn't know.

Ash then begins to reflect on his time with Serena and what Serena said about him not noticing her feelings. He would eventually come to the realization that he shares these feelings but doesn't know how to tell her. AND.....Cliffhanger.[/spoil]

Ash saying he didn't here anything is my way of covering it up, so that way he still knows but Serena doesn't know that he knows. So we could keep it going strong while Ash is able to start understanding how he feels and stuff.

I'm pretty sure this ship isn't fragile, I agree. As it stands, Amour is pretty strong in my opinion. Taking into consideration the past 61 episodes, and the fact that the writers have not shown any signs of slowing down this subplot, especially within the past few episodes goes to show how strong it is. If anything, a CoTD will strengthen Amour in one way or the other when it is all said and done. Onto the matter of Tierno. I seriously doubt that he will do any damage to Amour. He just got excited in that one episode and that's it :p He hasn't shown any hints whatsoever. Clemont, on the other hand, hasn't shown that many hints, except a few compliments here and there. Imo, he's just acting normally towards a friend.

Right now, in terms of Amourshipping, we need something, a hint, anything, to get Ash thinking. We need something that could possibly start breaking his Armor of obliviousness. That would be the time when the real hints go down. Could happen pretty early on, and the period of "thinking" could go on for a bunch of episodes. Or It could be real short, like Ikcatcher said, where he could begin figuring it out by the beginning of the Kalos league, and having it figured out already by the end of it. This to me, is the most realistic situation out of all. I mean, picture this: Ash is in a tight situation, he's been thinking about Serena, and he comes to the conclusion that she actually likes him! So then, he uses that realization to push himself through the battle and win the Kalos League. Afterwards, he comes up to Serena, and the confessions begin.

Sorry about the double post everyone! Still new here! Just needed a reminder to not do it! Won't happen again! Anyways, let's get to the buisiness.

Zack_in_Black, respoding to your opinion about the "catalyst" concept. I agree with the fact that if it happens, it could only strengthen their bond. As it has been said before, the writers would'nt want to screw with us by negativly affect Amour unless it turns around making Ash and Serena's bond stronger.

Setsuna along with everyone on this fourm, don't hate me for saying this Here's not my number one confession scenario, but all my other possible scenarios have been brought up, so here's another option to put on the table....

You could have a Misty's song situation where it's night and everyone's going to sleep. Serena's outside by herself, or with Braixen and Pancham and she ends up talking about Ash and oh, how much she loves Ash, and then it turns out he was listening the whole time. The rest is up to you.

A little fanfic-y I know, but it's just another option, and I will say one more time, THIS IS NOT MY NUMBER ONE SCENARIO. It's just one more thing to lay on the table

This is pretty fanfic-y xD
Misty's song was a dub only thing, so this is pretty much ruled out for the official Japanese version. I don't, however, rule out the Serena is by herself while everyone is asleep scenario. I agree with you here. The writers definitely don't want Amour to go down; they've showed us within these 61 episodes. In one way or another, I think Ash and Serena's relationship/bond will continue to grow..

Last edited:

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Hmm, I suppose I should give a scenario for my own question above earlier:

Episode Title: Serena's sudden confession!? A stronger bond that cannot be erased easily!

Ash was training for his upcoming battle against Clemont. Meanwhile, Clemont is too busy building a new machine. Apparently, Clemont's machine is a memory enhancer that may help a trainer for his knowledge of Pokemon. Bonnie and Serena are busy preparing their lunch for the day. The two enjoyed talking to each other until Serena gazed at Ash and smiles while blushing due to his dedication to his training. Bonnie took notice of this and came to realization that Serena has a crush on Ash. She confirms this by asking her. Serena was shocked at Bonnie's question. She can't deny it. Serena knew that she's at pinch here. Bonnie asked again and Serena cannot hold back anymore and stated that she does love Ash. Unfortunately, she did not realize that Ash and Clemont were now standing behind her taking their breaks. Ash heard what she just said and it was ringing on his ears. Serena looks back at Ash. She saw that he has a surprised look while slightly blushing. Her face was now all red. Without thinking, Serena decided to run away from the rest, ignoring them.

Commercial break!!!

Who's that Pokemon!?

We're back!

It's:
A Jigglypuff, seen from above! *Puff!*
Bonnie now tried to chase after Serena but Ash stopped her and said that he'll go instead. Back to Serena. She was now leaning against a big tree thinking of what had happened earlier. Everyone now knows about her feelings and she doesn't know what to do. She felt like it will start an awkward moment between her and Ash. At that moment, she took Pancham and Braixen out of their Pokeballs so that she can have someone to talk with but out of nowhere, TRio suddenly appeared and captured the two with a net. Serena tried to save them but was also caught by the net. Ash then appears and tries to save Serena and her Pokemon. [insert cheesy TRio motto here]. Jessie and James called out their Pokemon and battles Pikachu and Frogadier. Back at Serena, she tells Pancham to find a way to destroy the net and that's just what it did. The net was destroyed but they were now falling. Serena called out for Ash and Ash, being her hero, rushed in to catch her. Pikachu and Frogadier knocks out Inkay and Pumpkaboo and immediately rushed in to help the two Pokemon as well. Ash was able to catch Serena before she crashes on the ground. Pikachu was able to save Pancham and Frogadier was able to save Braixen. There was a warm moment between Frogadier and Braixen. Serena thanked Ash but immediately looked away from him. Ash told her that it was okay, that he was glad to hear that she has feelings for him. Ash tells her that he wasn't sure himself at first but now he understands. What he has been doing for Serena all along was because he was happy to be with her. Serena was very happy to hear things from Ash but they were immediately interrupted by TRio. Ash and Serena teamed up and ordered Frogadier and Braixen to do a combination attack, sending TRio up in the sky. Ash and Serena are now back at the camp. Bonnie and Clemont were glad that they were back at one piece and that they were able to tell each other's feelings. Bonnie teased Clemont that he also needs to find a wife of his own, making everyone laugh. He then went back to test his new machine. Back at Ash and Serena. Serena tells Ash that she was afraid that he might reject her and that they won't be able to stay friends anymore. Ash tells her not to worry about it. Serena also stated that it would have been great if she had confessed in a better way and not just by an accident. Unknown to her, that wish will come true. Clemont called everyone to let them see his new invention. He explained how things work. He started the machine and everything was fine until some loud noises were heard inside of it. The machine malfunctioned and it creates a huge light and everyone was caught by it (Except for Braixen and Frogadier who were far away from the others). Unfortunately, instead of helping their memories to be enhanced, the machine swept everyone's memories for the entire day. Everything that had happened from morning 'till recently were erased. Ash was wondering what happened and realized that he needs to go back at his training, ignoring the incident. Clemont was also wondering what he was doing and saw a broken machine and rather than think of the incident, decided to inspect it instead. The two girls were also confused and were asking each other if they know what had happened to them. Serena was the only one who was trying to recollect all the things that had happened. Unfortunately she can't shake things out. However, for some reason, she felt lighter and that she felt like something amazing had happened that day. Ash was getting back at training and called out the rest of his Pokemon but noticed that Frogadier wasn't there. He still feels a bit strange but at the same time, feeling happy as well. He wasn't sure but decided not to think too much about it and went on his routine. The brain may have forgotten, but their hearts doesn't want to forget. Meanwhile, at a nearby lake, Frogadier and Braixen were sitting close to each other enjoying the scenery in front of them.
End!.

I got the idea from Phineas and Ferb where a machine was about to erase everyone's memory and Isabela tries to make a move to Phineas by kissing him and Phineas was happy about it but before he was able to say something, Isabela ordered Carl to start the machine. Whew, *Looks back* Oh, wait, I think I just wrote a fanfic. :/

Bonnie:The name needs work but it says it all

This is amazing!
I demand you to take this to Gamefreak immediately!
Jokes aside this was a pretty good read and at the end with Frogadier and Braxien was cute

Last edited:

ej02

Australia Amourship
I'm pretty sure this ship isn't fragile, I agree. As it stands, Amour is pretty strong in my opinion. Taking into consideration the past 61 episodes, and the fact that the writers have not shown any signs of slowing down this subplot, especially within the past few episodes goes to show how strong it is. If anything, a CoTD will strengthen Amour in one way or the other when it is all said and done. Onto the matter of Tierno. I seriously doubt that he will do any damage to Amour. He just got excited in that one episode and that's it :p He hasn't shown any hints whatsoever. Clemont, on the other hand, hasn't shown that many hints, except a few compliments here and there. Imo, he's just acting normally towards a friend.

Right now, in terms of Amourshipping, we need something, a hint, anything, to get Ash thinking. We need something that could possibly start breaking his Armor of obliviousness. That would be the time when the real hints go down. Could happen pretty early on, and the period of "thinking" could go on for a bunch of episodes. Or It could be real short, like Ikcatcher said, where he could begin figuring it out by the beginning of the Kalos league, and having it figured out already by the end of it. This to me, is the most realistic situation out of all. I mean, picture this: Ash is in a tight situation, he's been thinking about Serena, and he comes to the conclusion that she actually likes him! So then, he uses that realization to push himself through the battle and win the Kalos League. Afterwards, he comes up to Serena, and the confessions begin.

This is pretty fanfic-y xD
Misty's song was a dub only thing, so this is pretty much ruled out for the official Japanese version. I don't, however, rule out the Serena is by herself while everyone is asleep scenario. I agree with you here. The writers definitely don't want Amour to go down; they've showed us within these 61 episodes. In one way or another, I think Ash and Serena's relationship/bond will continue to grow..

Yep yot almost took those words right out of my mouth. What makes amour unique is that it is mainly from japan and on only one instance did the dub do somthing the original didnt.
Also I think the next episodes will probibly be ash devoloping his feelings for serena

Now a catalyst from the female side could be something of issue however. If some random girl falls for Ash and starts trying to act all lovey dovey around him and he unknowingly goes along with it, I could see that affecting Serena's feelings. But I have a feeling something like that would be resolved eventually as it could harm ratings and viewership and what not.
I think a scenario like this would be much better than a male character acting as a catalyst. I mean, if it was a male CoTD it would be fine but any recurring character is a big NO NO, at least for me (We don't need a Grasshead 2.0 *crunches fists* *Reloads a shotgun* *sharpens Katana* *Activates 00 Gundam*). Well, at least it would be fun to see Ash interacting with another female CoTD while Serena is misinterpreting them being all lovey dovey and then she goes Tsundere suddenly until she realizes that all of it was just misconceptions. Though that would be a bit redundant since the "love rival" thing had happened twice now (Penelope and Miette), though, if something a love rival scene would happen, I think that this will be the first one to go far. What I meant by this is that, at first with Penelope, it was all misunderstandings at Serena's end, then Miette who seemed to provoke Serena by asking Ash the bride question and threatening her of taking him away should Serena keeps beating around the bush. If a new love rival appears, maybe she'll be the 1st one to actually show any attraction towards Ash and that will make Serena feel jealous and all. I don't think this would be a caution for the ship since as you've said, it is mostly resolved at the end of the episode.

Also, I don't think a case like this would affect Serena's feelings negatively. I mean it's not like Ash had shown any romantic interest to that female character or anything (And I don't think that would happen unless it's Giselle,lol). In fact the other way around. I think that would only push her further and give her more reason to confess because she would realize that she may have more possible rival on Ash's heart (Then again, it's not like Ash would show any romantic interest to other girls so I think she shouldn't worry either, lol).

Now, back to the male love rival. As I've said, a CoTD should do the job and not a recurring character. I imagine something like the boy takes interest on Serena but then realized that she likes Ash and then challenges him on a battle. He gives Ash a condition that if [insert CoTD name here] wins, he takes Serena on a date and if Ash wins, CoTD leaves her alone.......Whoops, I'll stop here before this turns into another lazy fanfic, lol.

Bottom line is, any CoTD would be fine but a recurring character? *Crunches fists* *Reloads shotgun* *Sharpens Katana* *Activates 00 Gundam*. Well, you get the picture.

Anywho, I'll leave another question here:
What kind of amour moment do you see on the upcoming movie?

ej02

Australia Amourship
I think a scenario like this would be much better than a male character acting as a catalyst. I mean, if it was a male CoTD it would be fine but any recurring character is a big NO NO, at least for me (We don't need a Grasshead 2.0 *crunches fists* *Reloads a shotgun* *sharpens Katana* *Activates 00 Gundam*). Well, at least it would be fun to see Ash interacting with another female CoTD while Serena is misinterpreting them being all lovey dovey and then she goes Tsundere suddenly until she realizes that all of it was just misconceptions. Though that would be a bit redundant since the "love rival" thing had happened twice now (Penelope and Miette), though, if something a love rival scene would happen, I think that this will be the first one to go far. What I meant by this is that, at first with Penelope, it was all misunderstandings at Serena's end, then Miette who seemed to provoke Serena by asking Ash the bride question and threatening her of taking him away should Serena keeps beating around the bush. If a new love rival appears, maybe she'll be the 1st one to actually show any attraction towards Ash and that will make Serena feel jealous and all. I don't think this would be a caution for the ship since as you've said, it is mostly resolved at the end of the episode.

Also, I don't think a case like this would affect Serena's feelings negatively. I mean it's not like Ash had shown any romantic interest to that female character or anything (And I don't think that would happen unless it's Giselle,lol). In fact the other way around. I think that would only push her further and give her more reason to confess because she would realize that she may have more possible rival on Ash's heart (Then again, it's not like Ash would show any romantic interest to other girls so I think she shouldn't worry either, lol).

Now, back to the male love rival. As I've said, a CoTD should do the job and not a recurring character. I imagine something like the boy takes interest on Serena but then realized that she likes Ash and then challenges him on a battle. He gives Ash a condition that if [insert CoTD name here] wins, he takes Serena on a date and if Ash wins, CoTD leaves her alone.......Whoops, I'll stop here before this turns into another lazy fanfic, lol.

Bottom line is, any CoTD would be fine but a recurring character? *Crunches fists* *Reloads shotgun* *Sharpens Katana* *Activates 00 Gundam*. Well, you get the picture.

I think you have some good reasons for what you say.
a love rival is not going to come out of nowhere and steal serenas heart.
in the next movie I would like to see ash showing his overprotective side and helping serena more than bonnie or clemont.

mega snorlax

Bonnie:The name needs work but it says it all

This is amazing!
I demand you to take this to Gamefreak immediately!
Jokes aside this was a pretty good read and at the end with Frogadier and Braxien was cute

I don't think Gamefreak are responsible for the anime, but
I don't think the writers would probably pull this off until towards the end of the saga (just before the league at the earliest).
However, the writers did pull off some really unexpected stuff throughout the series, so we'll have to see.
Also, I love your sig, utterly hilarious. However, I think Amour would be canon sooner than Liverpool winning the Premier League (if you watch football/soccer at all).

shahroze12

What kind of amour moment do you see on the upcoming movie?[/QUOTE]

Well hoopa is responsible for separating Ash from the rest ... So as the legendaries are fighting I expect Serena to loose her shot worrying about Ash!!! Which knows she might run off into the midst to save him!!! She might be right on time to save Ash from something!!! Maybe falling off a cliff or something!!! Ash may comment on Serena comming alone and then we'll get a blush or something!!! Also we can see a tag battle between frogadier and braixen!!! There are endless possibilities for hints in this movie!!!

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
When Serena purposefully, or accidentally confesses, how will not just Ash, but the Justice League of Kalos' Scientific Lemon Heads react?

Ash's reaction isn't certain. Bonnie's is. She'd be all giddy and happy that Serena likes Ash. Clemont would be surprised about it, but I think he'd look back on their interactions, and see how freaking obvious it was.

Multi-verse stuff? MultiAmourShipping. Like one of the different dimentions' Ash or Serena refer to their main dimention selves.

So, I was looking around the Shipping Oscars 2014, and I noticed I'm nominated in 7 effing categories, including Best Amour Fic, Best Amour Drabble, Best Drabble, Best Drabble Author, Best Multi-chapter Fic, Best Fic, Best Author. So, be kind and vote for me.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran

Well hoopa is responsible for separating Ash from the rest ... So as the legendaries are fighting I expect Serena to loose her shot worrying about Ash!!! Which knows she might run off into the midst to save him!!! She might be right on time to save Ash from something!!! Maybe falling off a cliff or something!!! Ash may comment on Serena comming alone and then we'll get a blush or something!!! Also we can see a tag battle between frogadier and braixen!!! There are endless possibilities for hints in this movie!!!

Yeah dude! I see them, I see them, and they are all within our reach... *getthereference*

We could get some worryness from Serena, and when/if the 3 others go through Soni- I mean Hoopa's rings, maybe we could get mutual concern and support. I like your idea of tag battles at the beginning of the movie, with Getter Ban Ban playing at the background (OK maybe I added more to it lol) because it's really good, and it'stotally possible. Also when fighting the movie's final boss to say it, sure, everyone will be using their Pokémon, but only Frogadier and Braixen would be fighting together, using tag moves (Water Pulse + Flamethrower, Scratch + Cut, Shadow Clo- I mean Double Team + multiple Hidden Power or some Psychic move Braixen learns).

What I would really like to see is that instead of dimension travelling, it would have been time and space travelling, so we could have a LOT of callbacks, character interactions, goal confirmations, and hell, other ships confirmation and past Ash ships killing! :p

(Pleasedon'thatemeitwasjustanideaIrespectyourshiptastesguys)

Last edited:

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying

I wouldn't expect a recurring character to do all that much. My idea of love rival here is a recurring character character cause the word "rival" usually refers to a recurring presence that challenges a main character in some way. So a character that only shows up once isn't exactly my idea of a rival as they don't continuously challenge the main character in any way. So if you want a true love rival, it would have to be a recurring character and that is why I say Tierno would be good. Nothing big, just him saying a thing or two and Ash gets defensive over it. I think that would be enough of a job for any recurring character and it doesn't over complicate things.

However I do expect that eventually the writers will throw something into the show for maybe one episode where a guy falls for Serena and they have something with amour play out through the course of the episode. Maybe something where Serena has to tell the guy continuously throughout the episode she isn't interesting and at the end she tells him why. This would be an interesting way to get a confession out of Serena, not one where Ash actually knows but more of a confession for the audience.

When I said that a female character could do more damage than anything a male could do is for one reason, and that is how oblivious Ash is. I wouldn't expect him to knowingly act all lovey dovey towards a female character, but I could see Serena interpreting it as though he is. That is why I could see it doing some damage, but like you said, I would expect it to be resolved by the end of the episode and not be something that plagues the ship in any way. Now I also wouldn't expect this to strengthen her feelings in any way either unless Ash flat out rejected the other girl at the end of the episode and said that there is someone else that he cares for. But that would actually require Ash to know what the hell is going on with Serena.

And on to your question, I am one for the whole separation idea where either Ash and Serena get separated from the group and while in another dimension Ash continuously saves her from danger or where they hold hands the entire time so that they don't get separated and Serena and maybe even Ash could start feeling like the hand holding is for more than just safety. Or we could see Ash and Serena get separated and they continuously show how worried they are for each other and I would expect the siblings to pick up on it at some point maybe. And I would expect Clemont to be with Ash and Bonnie would be with Serena. Maybe they show such concern for each other that the siblings begin to ask them why they are so concerned. But since the movies are never referenced in the show and are never connected in any way, it would be more for fan service and wouldn't really develop the ship in any true form, which really sucks.

I wouldn't expect a recurring character to do all that much. My idea of love rival here is a recurring character character cause the word "rival" usually refers to a recurring presence that challenges a main character in some way. So a character that only shows up once isn't exactly my idea of a rival as they don't continuously challenge the main character in any way. So if you want a true love rival, it would have to be a recurring character and that is why I say Tierno would be good. Nothing big, just him saying a thing or two and Ash gets defensive over it. I think that would be enough of a job for any recurring character and it doesn't over complicate things.

Well, Miette did sort of become a rival for Serena for at least once and she did an impact on Serena's feelings which IMO, will be beneficial should she confess someday, even though Miette has no guarantee of return, no, rather, she won't return anymore. Point is, even for once, a CoTD is enough to push amour further for just an episode or two. I'm still reluctant of seeing a recurring male love rival because Ash hasn't shown any romantic interest just yet. While he is starting to appreciate her, I still think that there are more things needed to happen before he actually opens up with her. This is why I am not very fond of having another Drew 2.0 since that character may become a huge threat for the ship since Ash is sill as dense as heck. Now, I'd welcome the idea of a recurring character as a love rival only if Ash has started to show romantic interest on Serena because regardless of what the writers do, they still need to give priority to what they have brought upon the ship and they should definitely end it as canon as possible. Until then, I'm going to say nay to a recurring love rival.

I haven't seen any previews for the movie yet but judging by everyone's reaction, I see that they are really going to get separated. Well, usually it's always Ash that gets separated from the rest and that Serena is always the one to be worried. I'd actually like to see where Serena is the one to get lost and that Ash is the one to get worried (Man, I'm such a terrible person, lol) so that we can see what sort of new hints we'll get from Ash, even if the movie isn't quite connected to the anime.

Also, judging from what everyone's comment about possible multiverse due to Hoopa, I'm actually hoping to see the Mirror versions of themselves again or similar to that kind of scenario. That way, we can see how amour should be played in different scenario.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Well, Miette did sort of become a rival for Serena for at least once and she did an impact on Serena's feelings which IMO, will be beneficial should she confess someday, even though Miette has no guarantee of return, no, rather, she won't return anymore. Point is, even for once, a CoTD is enough to push amour further for just an episode or two. I'm still reluctant of seeing a recurring male love rival because Ash hasn't shown any romantic interest just yet. While he is starting to appreciate her, I still think that there are more things needed to happen before he actually opens up with her. This is why I am not very fond of having another Drew 2.0 since that character may become a huge threat for the ship since Ash is sill as dense as heck. Now, I'd welcome the idea of a recurring character as a love rival only if Ash has started to show romantic interest on Serena because regardless of what the writers do, they still need to give priority to what they have brought upon the ship and they should definitely end it as canon as possible. Until then, I'm going to say nay to a recurring love rival.

I think the big thing here is that anything that is done by a random single episode character will be facilitated within that single episode. There would be no lasting effects by that character except for maybe cracking Ash's barrier or Serena acting a little bit more blatantly. I don't see any lasting negative effects due to the actions of that character because of how it will be facilitated in that episode.

I haven't seen any previews for the movie yet but judging by everyone's reaction, I see that they are really going to get separated. Well, usually it's always Ash that gets separated from the rest and that Serena is always the one to be worried. I'd actually like to see where Serena is the one to get lost and that Ash is the one to get worried (Man, I'm such a terrible person, lol) so that we can see what sort of new hints we'll get from Ash, even if the movie isn't quite connected to the anime.

Also, judging from what everyone's comment about possible multiverse due to Hoopa, I'm actually hoping to see the Mirror versions of themselves again or similar to that kind of scenario. That way, we can see how amour should be played in different scenario.

That is why I said that I would prefer to see something very mild when it comes to a recurring male character. Because Ash hasn't shown anything in the way of romantic attachment I wouldn't want to see a recurring character do all that much because it could cause problems if that character started out strong on Serena. But the real reason as to why I don't see a male love rival as very damaging is solely due to Serena's crush on Ash, so I don't exactly see any male character, no matter how much he shows up or how strong he comes on, being able to steal Serena's heart. I just do not see it happening at any point. And a female love rival wouldn't be all that damaging either because Ash wouldn't have a clue what is going on so it wouldn't have an effect on him. I just see the female having an effect on Serena because she could misinterpret Ash's clueless actions as feelings. But it would eventually all be played out and it would all be over with by the end of the episode. So no harm no foul I guess.

I due partially agree with you on seeing Serena getting separated from Ash, but I would prefer to have Bonnie there with her so someone could see her concern. Maybe Bonnie asks if they are gonna be al right and Serena comforts her and says everything will be fine. But Serena still shows a great amount of concern and Bonnie asks why she is so concerned and she says that she is worried about Ash. Bonnie then picks up on it. And we could see the same thing from Ash.

But I would prefer seeing Ash and Serena together when the split happens because of the possibility of them getting more intimate interactions and maybe the possibility of them holding hands throughout so that they don't get separated and for "safety" reasons. And maybe Serena and Ash begin to feel something more from the hand holding at some point.

With the mirror world versions of themselves though, I don't see it happening because of the disconnect between the series and the movies. Although that would be cool to see, I don't think it would happen.

I guess the big thing here would be how they facilitate events that happen in the episodes and movies. It depends on what they let have a lasting effect and what they have just stay in that one episode. The what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas principle applies here. If they so choose to let there be some lasting effects on the ship, I don't see any negative effects lasting past the episode, but positive effects are a bit more likely to sneak into more episodes such as a crack in Ash's barrier or more blatantly showing feelings for Ash.

Last edited:

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
I don't think Gamefreak are responsible for the anime, but
I don't think the writers would probably pull this off until towards the end of the saga (just before the league at the earliest).
However, the writers did pull off some really unexpected stuff throughout the series, so we'll have to see.
Also, I love your sig, utterly hilarious. However, I think Amour would be canon sooner than Liverpool winning the Premier League (if you watch football/soccer at all).

Why did you have to mention them? One day we'll win! (Still think getting rid of Gerrard was a big no no)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And no no no no no no no no NO. Put your katana, shotgun and other lethals aside and don't you diss drew here. JK. But yeah, I see what you mean but I think it would be cool for Ash to get jealous on another guy cus he wasn't necessarily jealous when Drew came near May. (But Drew did ruin my OTPs chances of happening, well season 9 and movie fixed things up)

Well with this whole love rival thing, I have only one thing to say. You people are taking too much of a real life perspective to this. Remember that this is a story. Hence, the chances of a recurring male character becoming an Exeggutor 2.0 are pegged to the intentions of the writers. When I pull this argument I have a horde of samurais rushing at my throat, but I'll leave it here for whatever worth.

To your points that Ash hasn't started to directly reciprocate her feelings, that would mean you are talking of that recurring character appearing in the next episode, or 5 episodes from now. What if he appears later when Ash starts to reciprocate his feelings? Is he still a destructive influence?

And a love rival is only threatening for Amour if the end intentions of the writers are that AmourShipping shouldn't be canon. I won't say the odds are zero, again. But after the development we got over the past two episodes, I am a little more optimistic.

What I'm trying to say is, a recurring love rival can be productive, or destructive depending on what the writers have planned for the end. Introduction of one wouldn't mean that it is the end of the ship, but it certainly isn't reason to celebrate either, unlike if the love rival was a CotD. However, I would like to put an end to this discussion by saying that it is a little too late to introduce a recurring love rival. We know the episodes till XY067. Do you think they'll introduce a recurring character after 70 episodes? Very unlikely. So we might as well slash the chances of a recurring character

Why did you have to mention them? One day we'll win! (Still think getting rid of Gerrard was a big no no)

Oh my sleeping child...the world's so rough but you build your own...paradise :p Chelsea FTW!

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
We need a threat to make amour grow stronger, it's been a pretty safe ship so far. Other ships like poke, pearl and advance got many other ships rivalling them especially pearl. Negai is negai. It's like amour is just smoothly walking in the park whilst other ships are in council flats, getting benefits (E.g Advance hint BW001) and getting life support, but yeah. I especially don't want snot head 2.0 but like a stylist or whatever men can do in tripokelons

Last edited:

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Well with this whole love rival thing, I have only one thing to say. You people are taking too much of a real life perspective to this. Remember that this is a story. Hence, the chances of a recurring male character becoming an Exeggutor 2.0 are pegged to the intentions of the writers. When I pull this argument I have a horde of samurais rushing at my throat, but I'll leave it here for whatever worth.

To your points that Ash hasn't started to directly reciprocate her feelings, that would mean you are talking of that recurring character appearing in the next episode, or 5 episodes from now. What if he appears later when Ash starts to reciprocate his feelings? Is he still a destructive influence?

And a love rival is only threatening for Amour if the end intentions of the writers are that AmourShipping shouldn't be canon. I won't say the odds are zero, again. But after the development we got over the past two episodes, I am a little more optimistic.

What I'm trying to say is, a recurring love rival can be productive, or destructive depending on what the writers have planned for the end. Introduction of one wouldn't mean that it is the end of the ship, but it certainly isn't reason to celebrate either, unlike if the love rival was a CotD. However, I would like to put an end to this discussion by saying that it is a little too late to introduce a recurring love rival. We know the episodes till XY067. Do you think they'll introduce a recurring character after 70 episodes? Very unlikely. So we might as well slash the chances of a recurring character

Oh my sleeping child...the world's so rough but you build your own...paradise :p Chelsea FTW!

Right man, gotta give yourself the benefit of the doubt when it comes to predicting the outcome of Amour :3
I don't see a CoTD potentially destroying Amourshipping though. If The ship were to be not canon, it would be because of the inability of Serena to confess or the inability of knowing how the other feels about him/her. A CoTD would do nothing but strengthen bonds, by having one or the other realize how jealous they get. Amour needs some serious competition if we're to see some real development though, I agree with JSLatios. That one CoTD needs to appear soon, however, or else it could be too late? I mean if we are to have some competition, it should at least come upon us by now instead of later for it to actually affect this ship.

matthew11

8000 MMR

A story can contain something from real life, like for example; Serena's crush. But yeah I think we're getting ourselves a little out of bounds here.

Wewewait... Guys... *sobs* We're back on this whole rival thing... *sigh...

Anyway, a new topic has come to mind, and this one is interesting (at least to me Lol).

Would you want to see Satoshi reciprocate Serena's feelings directly, in an awkward way, or not at all? Why?

Would you want to see Satoshi reciprocate Serena's feelings directly, in an awkward way, or not at all? Why?

What? Obviously man! Why wouldn't we want to see Ash reciprocate her feelings directly. xD I would like him to show it in an awkward way because that seems more natural to me. You see, he has never fallen for any girl before, so if he acts all confident and all, it would seem really weird. Moreover, it would draw more similarities to my own love life, so...xD Now as to the feasibility of this, I think that we may not see it until the final stages of the XY saga because a direct hint from Ash would basically mean that the writers committed themselves to it. We will continue to see him walk on the fine line between friendly and romantic, like with the gift and others.

Btw, Chapter 7 of my fanfic is out guys! A Bump on the Road is the name of the chapter. Link is in my signature!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Honestly, after getting no noteworthy hints in the last film, I'm not expecting any big AmourShipping moments from Movie 18. At best I could see Serena worried about Ash when/if Hoopa separates the cast with a portal, but that's such a predictable Serena reaction in my view, so it may not even fully qualify as a big shipping hint. I'm not gonna keep my hopes up for Amour hints from any future film. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.