• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
They could become a bicycle gang in Lumiose hanging out in dark alleys avoiding officer Jenny smuggling rare candies into Kalos. Ash could have a Jersey accent and have an entire harem but Serena would be okay with it and happy that she is his #1 girl. That is, until Serena gets pregnant, and he dumps her. Serena tries to take care of their kid but struggles as a single parent, and she and Ash are on and off all the time. She goes to her mom in desperation and Grace is like "I told you this would happen!!! I told you!!!!!". Soon afterwards, Serena sues Ash for child support but Ash claims that its not his child so they go on Maury and they sit uncomfortably while they await the results, which are "Ash, you are the father!". Delia comes up and smacks him and threatens to disown him if he doesn't marry Serena. Ash obliges and Serena is very happy and they live happily ever after.

:O Well maybe if Pokemon had an TV-MA rating xD

Yeah pretty much the "player" version of Ash here would be a Gary or an Paul lol. I still don't see how Serena would actually like this form of Ash rather than him being kind. I feel like his personality would be a deal-breaker for Serena.

mega snorlax

As much as some people want the ship to be realised, you have to remember that this is Pokemon, where battles and well, Pokemon, are the main focus and the ship, as canon as it is (albeit being one-sided) is obviously far from the main focus. Besides, a truckload of things have already happened, and its not even been 60 episodes, with at least 100+ episodes to go.

I do like Mastermind's idea to. It would be cool for Ash to walk up in the club one night like a bada** with the plan of picking up six new babes like it's nothing. Then he meets Serena and he sees something different in her and can't treat her like all the other girls, but also doesn't know how to treat her. And then Serena slowly changes him throughout the story, ridding him of his player/bada**ness. (Anyone want to work on an alternate storyline for a fanfic?)

I might write this, if I have the time xD It is quite simple actually. I can even hold our Ash in character. I just have to put the player Ash in another dimension. for that, I can get the help of Hoopa for the other dimension. And the character who sees this whole set of events could be warped into that alternate dimension and he sees all that. I just wonder which character to send to that other dimension. Bonnie or Clemont? Wouldn't make much sense to send Ash or Serena there. It would have to be a different fanfic from my current one though, since I see no way at all to include this in mine. That's fine though. Writing a new one detached from my current fic is much easier. I can also piggyback on Love and Other Drugs- since it is a very, very similar story.

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Not sure what I just read.... if that did happen that would have been one of the biggest mindf*cks ever.

As much as some people want the ship to be realised, you have to remember that this is Pokemon, where battles and well, Pokemon, are the main focus and the ship, as canon as it is (albeit being one-sided) is obviously far from the main focus. Besides, a truckload of things have already happened, and its not even been 60 episodes, with at least 100+ episodes to go.

mega snorlax, you have double posted. This is clearly against the rules here. If I see one more of this, I have no choice but to give you a warning, which is equivalent to 1 strike. Be aware that if you have accumulated 3 warnings/strikes, you will be banned from this thread. I just hope it doesn't go there.

Ah well. Seems nothing interesting going on here, except:

What if everything was the same about the entire XY anime series, except instead of Ash being dense he was a total player?

... this.

There will absolutely be major changes in interactions between him and umm other girls. It's not enclosed in some personalities/characteristics, so yeah.

Well, there's a manga (the one with some sexy stuffs) where Ash is not so dense in terms of love (he has a crush on Gary's sister). If that would have been the same Ash, quite honest, I don't think Serena would have much feelings for him. I guess I'll use the term "bishounen Ash" here (Bishie boys tend to flirt around a lot of girls). Bishounen Ash would probably tease Serena with regards to her feelings (bishie boys are also known for being aware of a girl's feelings for them) and instead of being the shy type, Serena may be as sassy as she can be with Ash. Their relationship may turn different than what we are used to. Possibly, their relationship would turn into something like that of Takumi and Misaki's in Maid-Sama. From being the shounenxYamato Nadeshiko kind of relationship to a bishounenxTsundere type of relationship, lolz.

But I'd rather stick with the dense hero type. That is the best personality in anime history. Ash is better off being dense than being a player. XD

AtemSciv

Ash a player was a good laugh, but frankly all I can come up with is a person with the personalities of Brock and Gary put together, so I'm gonna stay away from that one haha. So I'll try to change things up with new topic.

If in the future Ash and Serena end up married and have a child, how would you picture their child? Ash's looks with Serena's personality? Or vise-versa? Or something else completely?

If in the future Ash and Serena end up married and have a child, how would you picture their child? Ash's looks with Serena's personality? Or vise-versa? Or something else completely?

I will have the answer to this one. If you want one child, then it would be a boy with blue eyes, honey-blonde hair, but Ash's personality. If they have a second child, it would be a girl with flowing hair like Serena does, but black coloured. She would also have brown eyes. Serena's personality. As to the general looks and facial build, look no further than the XY007 flashback, and make the necessary changes xD

If I were to write an after story on Ash's journey and give him and Serena a child, I'd possibly go with Red, Fire Red to be precise. Ash's eyes, Serena's hair color, Ash's personality and a Pikachu as a partner (One does not simply get rid of the mascot character that easily). I mean that would make sense at least for me. Have the Pokemon story continue on on his POV and maybe have Ash get mentioned or have an appearance occasionally. I think that would be a good excuse to write off Ash with Serena (Same how Endou was written off together with Natsumi in Inazuma 11). Although Serena may have to suffer the same fate of the Poke moms who stays at home all alone, lol. :D

If I were to write an after story on Ash's journey and give him and Serena a child, I'd possibly go with Red, Fire Red to be precise. Ash's eyes, Serena's hair color, Ash's personality and a Pikachu as a partner (One does not simply get rid of the mascot character that easily). I mean that would make sense at least for me. Have the Pokemon story continue on on his POV and maybe have Ash get mentioned or have an appearance occasionally. I think that would be a good excuse to write off Ash with Serena (Same how Endou was written off together with Natsumi in Inazuma 11). Although Serena may have to suffer the same fate of the Poke moms who stays at home all alone, lol. :D

That, is exactly what I am doing in my fanfic xD Which is why I gave that reply so readily. Serena...well she would be a retired celebrity like her own mom so I guess she might be giving some tuitions or holding classes. You know like how retired gymnasts do? Ash, Viridian Gym. Now don't say that a Champion cannot be a gym leader (I assume Ash would be a champion of at least one region by that time) because Agatha was shown to be the replacement gym leader of the Viridian Gym after the Hoenn League IIRC. And she herself claimed she was a member of the E4.

Anyhow, that is one way that they could write Ash off. And if even that blonde hair is too much, just make his son's eyes blue and leave the rest the same and give him a Pikachu. Heck you can even call him Ash/Satoshi!

AtemSciv

That, is exactly what I am doing in my fanfic xD Which is why I gave that reply so readily. Serena...well she would be a retired celebrity like her own mom so I guess she might be giving some tuitions or holding classes. You know like how retired gymnasts do? Ash, Viridian Gym. Now don't say that a Champion cannot be a gym leader (I assume Ash would be a champion of at least one region by that time) because Agatha was shown to be the replacement gym leader of the Viridian Gym after the Hoenn League IIRC. And she herself claimed she was a member of the E4.

Anyhow, that is one way that they could write Ash off. And if even that blonde hair is too much, just make his son's eyes blue and leave the rest the same and give him a Pikachu. Heck you can even call him Ash/Satoshi!

I don't know why, but I'm inclined to think of them having a girl first. Basically the complete image of Serena- eyes, hair, etc. But with Ash's personality, I could only imagine the hilarity that would insue with Ash trying to deal with her haha. He thought trying to be a Pokemon master was tough...

matthew11

8000 MMR

I'd probably go with Red, just because of the honey-blonde hair from Serena and somewhat similar peronality from Satoshi. Although some people tend to interpret the other way around (Red being Satoshi's father because of his indirect in-game title Kanto Pokemon League Champion), the other way works better than the latter imo. But both ways have decent connections (mostly fan-made) between the characters, such as Delia's unknown husband being Red all this time, so both ways are equal.

I'd probably go with Red, just because of the honey-blonde hair from Serena and somewhat similar peronality from Satoshi. Although some people tend to interpret the other way around (Red being Satoshi's father because of his indirect in-game title Kanto Pokemon League Champion), the other way works better than the latter imo. But both ways have decent connections (mostly fan-made) between the characters, such as Delia's unknown husband being Red all this time, so both ways are equal.

I guess it would make sense to say that in honor of his father's reputation, Ash names his son after him. I'm thinking that Ash's father is the original Red (A.K.A the black haired Red, which would make sense how Ash inherited the same hair color) while his son Red is the remake version (A.K.A the honey-blonde Red, inheriting Serena's hair color). Personality-wise, I suppose, Red would be the same enthusiastic person like his father while at the same time, being a careful and matured type like his mother.

Last edited:
If Serena and Ash were to have kids, I’ll probably make them have twins ( a boy and a girl), the boys physical appearance same as Ash while the girls same as Serena, except their personalities switched(I find they’ll look more cute this way somehow). The girl would have the non-stop, adventurous temper as Ash while the boy would be more into artistic performances as Serena, making the girl run to his dad while the boy to his mother for tips. The girl would in times tease him for his shy temper but as much the boy would care for her for who she is. They would fight each other by saying no daddy said this , no mommy said that. And as much as this occurs, the girl would pop the joke at times, such as “You know mom and dad fell for each other for the same differences you and I have”. A bit tangled , but I also find it cute.

mega snorlax

mega snorlax, you have double posted. This is clearly against the rules here. If I see one more of this, I have no choice but to give you a warning, which is equivalent to 1 strike. Be aware that if you have accumulated 3 warnings/strikes, you will be banned from this thread. I just hope it doesn't go there.

Ah well. Seems nothing interesting going on here, except:

What if everything was the same about the entire XY anime series, except instead of Ash being dense he was a total player?

... this.

There will absolutely be major changes in interactions between him and umm other girls. It's not enclosed in some personalities/characteristics, so yeah.

Oh, so that's a double post? Cut me a little slack, I'm new here. My apologies.

Methinks that discussing children is way too early. The ship has to be somewhat two-sided for consideration. I think that the bigger issue is that the writers would probably drop this ship, just like the GS ball.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Ash a player was a good laugh, but frankly all I can come up with is a person with the personalities of Brock and Gary put together, so I'm gonna stay away from that one haha. So I'll try to change things up with new topic.

If I had to guess, then I would say their child would look exactly like Red from Pokemon Origins.

Tourist Juan

Wow, wait a second! just a couple of days ago some of you talking about how disappointed you were about episode 59, and now you guys are talking about Ash and Serena having kids?
What the hell did i miss? XD

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Wow, wait a second! just a couple of days ago some of you talking about how disappointed you were about episode 59, and now you guys are talking about Ash and Serena having kids?

As I said, the only thing that made us mostly dissapointed was that everything was spoiled in both previews, and the title was a bait. But then we got to know that Japanese people loved the episode, and SatoSere was trending topic on Twitter (on Japan) before, during and after the episode. We discovered that, for Japanese people, giving someone a gift on a date is really nice, but if the gift is given at the END of the date, it is a much bigger thing.

Aaaand we changed topic :p

Methinks that discussing children is way too early. The ship has to be somewhat two-sided for consideration. I think that the bigger issue is that the writers would probably drop this ship, just like the GS ball.

Relax! It is hypothetical. And all this will most probably feature in someone's fanfiction anyway. Just join in the fun xD

Plot twist: You fell through one of the multiverse rings of Hoopa, and you are currently in an alternate dimension where AmourShipping was made canon in XY059; so people are discussing the next step. xD

And I know only now that there is a remake Red, who has blonde hair. I always thought Red had black hair like Ash's.

Tourist Juan

As I said, the only thing that made us mostly dissapointed was that everything was spoiled in both previews, and the title was a bait. But then we got to know that Japanese people loved the episode, and SatoSere was trending topic on Twitter (on Japan) before, during and after the episode. We discovered that, for Japanese people, giving someone a gift on a date is really nice, but if the gift is given at the END of the date, it is a much bigger thing.

Ha, then i guess i didnt miss as much as i thought. XD

Plot twist: You fell through one of the multiverse rings of Hoopa, and you are currently in an alternate dimension where AmourShipping was made canon in XY059; so people are discussing the next step. xD

And I know only now that there is a remake Red, who has blonde hair. I always thought Red had black hair like Ash's.

Couldn't Hoopa just place me in the pokemon world? I would at least be exploring a new world. XD

Anyways yeah Red has had some changes over time. The second one had what seem like blond hair.

But back to the topic of kids.
If Ash and Serena had kids i could definitively see a girl that looks like Serena but acts more like Ash. And if they had a boy i think him having Pancham's personality would be funny. XD

calvinhobbesliker

Aaaand we changed topic :p

Are we absolutely sure that a gift given at the end of a date is particularly meaningful in Japan? Has this actually been confirmed, or is it just another rumor? I really want to believe it, but it seems a bit too good to be true...

Status
Not open for further replies.