• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourist Juan

In my opinion, I feel like if something like that were to come up, Ash would not be the partner. Either Serena asks Ash to, and Ash refuses because he doesn't know much about performing and doesn't want to end up ruining it for her. Or, Serena knows that Ash doesn't know a lot about it and his dancing skills (As seen in XY044, I think) don't really help, and just doesn't ask him. I think Shauna would be the candidate, or someone else who knows a little more about performing.

Ash is focused purely on Battling, and Performing is far from his forte. So if Serena was smart, she would choose someone else as her partner.

But that said, if such an episode was to come out, there could be an episode with Serena training Ash in performing so he could be her partner. Nothing is set in stone, especially in this series. But as usual, that's just my opinion.

She would ask Shauna. Ash just isn't about the showcase life.

Plus, I think the showcase is a girls only type thing iirc

To be honest, what do we really know about Showcases? Can we really say its just a girl thing?
And you guys say that Ash might not be interested but we can say the same thing about him and contest but he still participated in one or two. (dont remember the exact number)
I dont think anything is stopping him from wanting to try it out for himself at least once especially if it is to help a friend. =)

Edit: I guess theres strong evidence of it being just a girl thing considering they are competing for the title of Kalos Queen and no guys have been seen just yet.
SO i guess this makes m point moot. XD

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
I just had a random thought.
What if Serena had to participate in a showcase were she needed a partner.
Do you think she would ask Ash or Shauna?

Pretty cool question :)

Im not sure, Shauna is a recurring character as opposed to being in every episode, so she prolly wouldnt show up for nothing. I do think it would be adorable to see Ash crossdress just to help out Serena tho :p

As for amourshipping itself, Ive kinda been rocking back and forth on it. I really like the pairing, and was extremely into it during early XY season 1 (XY 7 was my favorite episode of XY up until Fletchling's evolution episode). I kinda fell out of it during the Korrina, and only really got back into it around the time this new thread started the last one became such a cluster that keeping up with disussions became impossible , and I really found true love for it again during XY 59, despite people finding it a disapointment.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star

I really like this question tho.
I would love to see a situation, any situation, where Serena does something and she required a partner to do so. Would also like to see Shauna be there as well. I think the choice here would definitely be interesting to say the least. Shauna would know that something is up if she chose Ash, and... Well I can't really think of something that would happen if Shauna gets picked and Ash doesn't :3

Marmist

Dark Type Trainer
By the way, I have a question that I would love to hear your guys thoughts on.

Let's say that Serena realizes that she if she wants to get anywhere with Ash, she needs to make her feelings clear to Ash somehow. She needs to do something. Knowing that Serena is rather shy, this is actually a two part question. Or two questions in one. Whatever, you get the point.

1. Would there be anything/anyone that gives Serena the confidence and courage to do such a thing?

2. How would she do this?

XYMewtwo

Rising Star

Let's say that Serena realizes that she if she wants to get anywhere with Ash, she needs to make her feelings clear to Ash somehow. She needs to do something. Knowing that Serena is rather shy, this is actually a two part question. Or two questions in one. Whatever, you get the point.

1. Would there be anything/anyone that gives Serena the confidence and courage to do such a thing?

Well, if she had to do it, then she would confess at the end of the series, or maybe at the end of the Kalos league. I think that once she realizes that she actually had very little time left, she would feel pressured to tell him. A now or never type situation. I can't see anyone really convincing Serena, but if it had to be someone, it might be Shauna or Bonnie.

How would she confess? Easy. She would definitely wait for the appropriate time, like I said, after the League or in a tight situation, to tell him once and for all. For example, if Ash lost the League again, and he was alone, taking a walk or just sitting down like he usually does when he loses, then this would be the time where Serena could really question herself into doing it or not. It's sort of like that one scene in XY005, after Ash lost his gym battle.

One thing that's important to keep in mind is that this is a Japanese series written purely by Japanese writers. No matter how consciously they attempt to avoid filling the series with things that aren't going to resonate with an international audience, they're still human. No one who hasn't spent a significant amount of time living in other countries are completely aware of exactly what constitutes "normal standard human behavior and etiquette" and what constitutes "cultural-specific behavior and etiquette some random person halfway across the globe isn't familiar with". That's just how it is. A Japanese TV series is always going to have characters act in "Japanese ways" because the writers are Japanese and are going to write what they know as "normal behavior" because that's what they know.

I'm not super familiar with Japanese dating culture and social rules, but I think it's pretty safe to say that if Japanese fans saw this episode as a very major deal and you non-Japanese fans were disappointed by it, the episode was meant to be seen as a very major deal and you just misinterpreted it due to cultural differences.

Random semi-relevant tidbit:

I spent my first year in college going to a Norwegian school with a pretty even split between Norwegian and American students. As part of a school project, some of the American students were examining dating culture and they polled everyone in class about a couple things related to it, including "how old were you when you went on your first date?" Can you guess how the Norwegian students answered that particular question?

Every single one answered that they had never been on one at all, because in Norway, a "date" is a romantic candlelight dinner-type thing and the kind of "date" the poll was asking about just plain doesn't exist in our culture. Hands up those of you who knew that and would've managed to avoid making that error if you were writing a story set in Norway.

Indeed. I think most of us would've missed that hint simply due to cultural differences. But I suppose there's no way to confirm whether a gift really does mean so much in a Japanese date. But it is irrelevant in my opinion. If the Japanese are happy, there's no reason why we shouldn't be.

If it was for a showcase, she would definitely ask Shauna because Showcases are girls only. That was confirmed. However, I don't rule out the possibility that we may see something like a mixed doubles exhibition of sorts, where Ash may have the opportunity to partner with Serena.

This, is a more interesting question. Like someone mentioned, Serena would do it when it is like a now or never scenario, or when she finally realizes she is running out of time and she builds up the confidence. I expect that at some point, she would confide her feelings to Shauna, who would then advice her a bit. The reason I say this was that in XY040, Serena told Shauna a lot about Ash, which made Shauna comment, "Ash really seems to be a great guy!" IIRC. Now of course, Shauna didn't get the hint because Serena isn't a giddy schoolgirl who has a mad crush on Ash. She is more level headed and mature about it. But there will come a point where Serena might let her know.

Which would prompt Shauna to give her some advice. And what is that advice? Same as the one Miette gave. The fun has just begun IMO with XY059. It will get more fun around Laverre City I would say. Haunted House, PokeBall Factory, another Malamar episode (I think)...

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying

I am pretty sure that it specifies Kalos QUEEN. And if I interpreted that right, then well, I don't think it would reflect very well on Ash if he were to participate. Plus, Ash's dancing skills are absolutely atrocious, anybody who asks him to take part in something where he is required to dance would be a complete moron (no offense to Serena but it's true).

I think the only chance of getting the two in any sort of pairing, would be to have a tag battle in a major battle, or some little thing would work as well I guess. Other than that, I see no possibility of them pairing up. However I do like Pokesrinni's idea of a double mixed showcase because I can imagine everyone chipping in on the teases with that situation. It would be perfect if it had them dancing together because it would be pretty cute, but again, Ash+Dancing=MISERABLE failure and I think that everyone can agree on this equation.

It would be interesting to say the least though if they did end up pairing up for a battle though.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that it specifies Kalos QUEEN. And if I interpreted that right, then well, I don't think it would reflect very well on Ash if he were to participate. Plus, Ash's dancing skills are absolutely atrocious, anybody who asks him to take part in something where he is required to dance would be a complete moron (no offense to Serena but it's true).

I think the only chance of getting the two in any sort of pairing, would be to have a tag battle in a major battle, or some little thing would work as well I guess. Other than that, I see no possibility of them pairing up. However I do like Pokesrinni's idea of a double mixed showcase because I can imagine everyone chipping in on the teases with that situation. It would be perfect if it had them dancing together because it would be pretty cute, but again, Ash+Dancing=MISERABLE failure and I think that everyone can agree on this equation.

It would be interesting to say the least though if they did end up pairing up for a battle though.

Hey! Just because it says Kalos Queen, does it mean men cannot participate? This is discriminatory! I demand equality! LOL. Reminds me of that one Fairly OddParents episodes (not sure if you guys watch it) in which a male character protests against that Miss Dimmsdale contest (like Miss Universe), and forces them to make him enter. And when he finally wins, he gives an emotional speech, saying that it is a big day for gender equality. LOL.

A tag battle seems good. And if you ask me, Ash being rather clumsy makes the performance all the more hilarious, and the pair all the more cute xD It is quite a common storyline in some Bollywood movies, where the guy is incredibly clumsy, but the girl is terrific. So the girl teaches the guy how to perform. that would be quite nice isn't it? ;)

I do think we will see an Ash/Serena tag battle at some point too. We have seen Clemont/Serena, we have even seen Bonnie and Serena! Next up, Ash.

Tourist Juan

If it was for a showcase, she would definitely ask Shauna because Showcases are girls only. That was confirmed. However, I don't rule out the possibility that we may see something like a mixed doubles exhibition of sorts, where Ash may have the opportunity to partner with Serena.

This has all been brought to my attention and i stated in a previous post that my thoughts on it were moot. XD
I was just thinking about how Ash had participated in some contest and and though it would be cute to see him participate with Serena.
But since its a female only thing then the hole idea is scratched.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Hey! Just because it says Kalos Queen, does it mean men cannot participate? This is discriminatory! I demand equality! LOL. Reminds me of that one Fairly OddParents episodes (not sure if you guys watch it) in which a male character protests against that Miss Dimmsdale contest (like Miss Universe), and forces them to make him enter. And when he finally wins, he gives an emotional speech, saying that it is a big day for gender equality. LOL.

A tag battle seems good. And if you ask me, Ash being rather clumsy makes the performance all the more hilarious, and the pair all the more cute xD It is quite a common storyline in some Bollywood movies, where the guy is incredibly clumsy, but the girl is terrific. So the girl teaches the guy how to perform. that would be quite nice isn't it? ;)

I do think we will see an Ash/Serena tag battle at some point too. We have seen Clemont/Serena, we have even seen Bonnie and Serena! Next up, Ash.

If Serena can get Ash to dance effectively, it would be like teaching a dog to play Mozart on the piano. But like you said it would make for some pretty cute moments and I could see Serena actually messing it up because she is so invested in actually getting to dance with Ash that she doesn't realize what is going on around her, which would also be cute especially if we could see Ash help her get out of the funk.

I also think it is about time we get to see the two tag battle because everyone else has had a tag battle of sorts with Serena, why not Ash. It might be another attempt by the writers to build up suspense for that possibility. They could be building up for a good episode focused on the two battling together.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Ash can do anything if he puts his heart and soul into it :3
He's a fast learner and he'll probably be an all star dancer by the end of the series just watch. There's bound to be an episode where Ash really shines LOL

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Ash can do anything if he puts his heart and soul into it :3
He's a fast learner and he'll probably be an all star dancer by the end of the series just watch. There's bound to be an episode where Ash really shines LOL

I think that might be giving him a little bit to much credit LOL. Yeah, when it comes to battling, he can do anything when he puts his mind to it (except for I don't know, maybe win a dang league). But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Serena whips him into a good dancer by the end of the series, and that would be pretty cool. But again, referring to my previous post, it would be like teaching a dog to play Mozart on a piano. I just don't see it happening, but if she did, I think we could call her a miracle worker.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
I think that might be giving him a little bit to much credit LOL. Yeah, when it comes to battling, he can do anything when he puts his mind to it (except for I don't know, maybe win a dang league). But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Serena whips him into a good dancer by the end of the series, and that would be pretty cool. But again, referring to my previous post, it would be like teaching a dog to play Mozart on a piano. I just don't see it happening, but if she did, I think we could call her a miracle worker.

Haha Yeah. Another Serena teaching Ash to dance moment without the skip would be great, probably for the development of Amour. I hope we do see this in the future, but it's really unlikely.

calvinhobbesliker

When did Clemont and Serena have a tag battle?

Queequeg

Hm. Watching XY 59 subbed again, I'm getting the impression that Serena understands Ash the best of any of his female companions thus far, even if she is unknowingly insightful. This is obviously a very good thing for the development of their relationship, but I don't recall may, misty or any of his other female friends being so helpful and understanding with Ash and his personality. Likewise it seems Ash is at least somewhat aware of how much serena understands him.

Last edited:

Little Hero

When did Clemont and Serena have a tag battle?

I think what pokesrini is referring to is that time that Nene (or was it Nini...) debuted: the episode where Pancham and Chespin started their rivalry and how it caused problems. They met up with Team Rocket and well, both trainers used their Pokemon in what would be considered a double battle...so yeah, they were in a tag battle so to speak.

But still, I would like to see a double battle between those two...and maybe they won't argue this time around.

Serena's new design......................................Love IT!!!!
[img139]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Setsuna_F_Seiei07/sdadasdd_zpsgjjoulk7.jpg[/img139]

Oh and Ash complimented her new looks and he noticed the ribbon that he gave. Serena was using it and she blushed with his compliment. Nice hints on both sides!!! :D

The ribbon Satoshi gave to Serena was used to Serena's new outfit. Satoshi said that her new style suits her and thanked her because she used the ribbon. Is it the first time Satoshi praised a girl's dress?

Last edited:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
The ribbon Satoshi gave to Serena was used to Serena's new dress. Satoshi said that her new style suits her and thanked her because she used it. Is it the first time Satoshi praised a girl's dress?

For the scene that he described above:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/7JhhKw7.png[/img139]

Also Ash did complement her new look + the blue ribbon she used in her new outfit. I'd say that's a hint for sure :D

This episode really had the same feel as that of Final Fantasy IX's Zidane and Garnet moment. Just wished Ash was there to witness the hair cutting moment, lolz but still, Ash complimented Serena and she blushed! Haha, Great episode but too bad that Serena lost. :(

I just love how she used the ribbon Ash gave to her and the fact that Ash himself took notice. :D

The ribbon Satoshi gave to Serena was used to Serena's new outfit. Satoshi said that her new style suits her and thanked her because she used the ribbon. Is it the first time Satoshi praised a girl's dress?

I think so, yes. I do think that this is the first time Ash did complimented a girl with her new look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.