• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to say, I am surprised and at the same time impressed with Serena's design. I have to admit that I was worried that once she got a new look, it wouldn't be the same. But her design was a big impression for me. The fact that she's also using that ribbon Satoshi gave her was also quite a surprise. That ribbon still amaze me and the fact that Satoshi took notice of it. It was very nice.

AshSerena

For the scene that he described above:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/7JhhKw7.png[/img139]

Also Ash did complement her new look + the blue ribbon she used in her new outfit. I'd say that's a hint for sure :D

im speechless, her new haircut really fits on her + the outfit but i did not expect that she gonna use the ribbon from ash, and the blush.. i rate it 100% hint

Good heavens. GOOD HEAVENS! So many hints! Damn it. I missed the episode because I had to study for this bloody midterm. And a fair warning to anyone who mocks me here, if you mock me about this, I am going to mock you when you have exams :p

Anyhow, seems like we have really gotten a bonanza of hints here! Makes me laugh at the fact that some of us were, at one point, thinking that Serena's dream was AmourShipping's downfall xD

Oh and Ash complimented her new looks and he noticed the ribbon that he gave. Serena was using it and she blushed with his compliment. Nice hints on both sides!!! :D

Now it isn't bad, her new design. But I would still like it better if she had longer hair. It really isn't bad, this design...but the hair's a little too short. That's just my opinion anyway, and it doesn't seem like this will remain forever. For all we know, they could run a realistic hair growth dynamic, and her hair would grow progressively longer until she gets that ponytail. Not complaining too much though

Anyway, seems like I missed the best hints -_- Glad to hear we got hints from both sides. I can't believe Ash complimented her new look! Are you serious?!

This episode really had the same feel as that of Final Fantasy IX's Zidane and Garnet moment. Just wished Ash was there to witness the hair cutting moment, lolz but still, Ash complimented Serena and she blushed! Haha, Great episode but too bad that Serena lost. :(

I just love how she used the ribbon Ash gave to her and the fact that Ash himself took notice. :D

I think so, yes. I do think that this is the first time Ash did complimented a girl with her new look.

I really cannot believe that just happened! I think this is the first time Ash commented on a girl's look. I can't believe that my fanfic actually was rather realistic xD Well I had always been saying that Serena would lose simply because it portrays something more realistic. Anyhow, I don't think any of us would be complaining much here xD

Someone please confirm. Is this the first time Ash commented on a girl's look?

I am very surprised that we got so many hints immediately after XY059. And that too high quality ones. I really didn't expect it until XY064.

pokemaster442

いくZ!
For the scene that he described above:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/7JhhKw7.png[/img139]

Also Ash did complement her new look + the blue ribbon she used in her new outfit. I'd say that's a hint for sure :D

I love Serena's new design. I liked the long hair but after seeing this new design, I'm in total awe. Also, I say Serena blushing and using the ribbon that ash gave her is a hint for amourshipping. Is it me or Does the new design make Serena look older than she is? to me she looks older, more grown up. might just be me. :p :)

Just noticed this sequence in this episode:

[IMGsize=500]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9ozxjKCEAAQ7Qc.jpg[/imgsize]

On the second picture, Bonnie said that it was a waste that Serena cut her hair because Bonnie liked it longer.

While on the third picture, you can see Satoshi pats Bonnie's head and said to Serena that it suits her.

Can we consider it a solid hint for Satoshi?

Source of the pic

mavyric

I love Serena's new design. I liked the long hair but after seeing this new design, I'm in total awe. Also, I say Serena blushing and using the ribbon that ash gave her is a hint for amourshipping. Is it me or Does the new design make Serena look older than she is? to me she looks older, more grown up. might just be me. :p :)

Huh? If anything I thought it made her look younger. I hope this isn't her finally look and we can see her hair progressively grow longer, so by the time she's able to challenge the title of Kalos Queen her hair will be at the same length before she cut her hair.

Anyways....this episode man......

I loved every minute of it, the buildup, the anticipation, the anxiety, and the crushing defeat.

And that heartbreaking crying scene leading to the epic haircut.....sooooooo good

This episode alone has restored some faith in me that Pokemon might be worth watching again (besides the shipping parts of course)

Speaking of the shipping, I was very surprised that the ribbon came up so fast. I had thought they would save it for later reference, but I guess putting it here is a way of assuring viewers that her crush is not swayed just because of her determination to win Kalos Queen.

Oh, and Serena was the #1 trending topic on Twitter after the episode.

[img200]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9o3QHYCUAIyBa5.jpg[/img200]

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix

On the second picture, Bonnie said that it was a waste that Serena cut her hair because Bonnie liked it longer.

While on the third picture, you can see Satoshi pats Bonnie's head and said to Serena that it suits her.

Source of the pic

I agree with Bonnie and Ash
I really liked her long hair look
But I also like short haired Serena now
Edit:So I just checked Twitter on my goodness,Serena is a trending topic after that epsiode

Last edited:

Source of the pic

Ashy boy...it suits her does it..now? ;) Solid hint is an understatement. Well, at least AmourShipping is solidly in the agenda. And no one can argue now that it has been sent to the back burner. Looks like XY059 was indeed that turning point that many of us were speculating it to be. I can't believe that it really is Ash we are talking about.

Ashy boy...it suits her does it..now? ;) Solid hint is an understatement. Well, at least AmourShipping is solidly in the agenda. And no one can argue now that it has been sent to the back burner. Looks like XY059 was indeed that turning point that many of us were speculating it to be. I can't believe that it really is Ash we are talking about.

Remember episode 7 were Serena wants Satoshi to notice her racing suit? We've come a long way.

Here's a GIF of Satoshi noticing Serena's ribbon: Source

Last edited:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Okay I don't normally come in here and do some deep analyses, but this episode had quite a few significant symbols that I could not pass up.

Now with that said.....Serena's ribbon on her outfit:

One way or another, this was a significant hint in many ways more than one. And not just a significant flash-in-the-pan hint. The fact that Serena used the ribbon (that Ash gave her) in her new outfit shows how not only does she treasure that gift, but by including it in her outfit it symbolizes that a part of Ash will be there to support Serena and her goal as she pursues it throughout the series. And the fact she placed it near her heart - hmm I wonder what that means

Given the fact that Serena will be sporting her new wardrobe for an undetermined amount of time, this will be a recurring hint that will be seen in subsequent future episodes. It's like as if to frequently remind us viewers that not only is her one-sided crush for Ash still alive, but also to frequently remind viewers that Ash will always be there for Serena no matter what. And in my opinion, that's a BFD. Both XY059 and XY060 was indeed a huge turning point for the ship - there's no going back now. It's here, and it'll be here to stay for good.

If we do have times where we have hint droughts later down the line, just remind yourself that the ribbon's there - for every single episode from now on. It's a recurring hint, and it will always be there. Until she changes her wardrobe later on ._.

Last edited:

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix

Can we all take a moment to notice Ash's expression to her new design in the second picture?
Where have I seen that from.....

NPT

Just a member
Great episode! I wasn't expecting Serena to use the ribbon in this episode, but I'm glad she did. When she said she'll treasure the ribbon in XY059, she really meant it.

The haircut scene was quite dramatic and cute at the same time. Bonnie didn't like her new haircut. Ash on the on the other hand, praised it. It's not everyday you see Ash commenting on a girl's look so I guess that counts as a hint for AmourShipping.

Last edited:
Are you refering to episode 21, the pokevision episode? cause thats what i see when i look at ash's face in the second picture.

Yes that is what he means. But I think this scene is more about him being surprised that Serena put through such a drastic change upon herself more than anything else? I don't know. I haven't watched the episode so I don't know the circumstances surrounding that scene. For example, was it the first time that Ash saw her after she cut her hair?

Great episode! I wasn't expecting Serena to use that ribbon in this episode, but I'm glad she did. When she said she'll treasure the ribbon in XY059, she really meant it.

The haircut scene was quite dramatic. Bonnie didn't like her new haircut. Ash on the on the other hand, praised it. It's not everyday you see Ash commenting on a girl's look so I guess that counts as a hint for Amourshipping.

Of course she meant it, and I always knew that she would use it at some point. But it really caught me off guard that she is using it already. And in this manner! We were all thinking she would use it in some Tripokelon or something but no! She is going to wear it every day!

Was it? I have heard from many places that it was pretty intense. I don't think Ash loved it...exactly. I guess he just took the change in the stride, like most of us. In some ways, I think that the scene was something that drew parallels to the fandom. Bonnie symbolized our opinions, but Ash silenced it in the form of an AmourShipping hint. It is very clear that the writers were cautious about it.

amour4ever

I'm tired.
Anyways....this episode man......

I loved every minute of it, the buildup, the anticipation, the anxiety, and the crushing defeat.

And that heartbreaking crying scene leading to the epic haircut.....sooooooo good

Speaking of the shipping, I was very surprised that the ribbon came up so fast. I had thought they would save it for later reference, but I guess putting it here is a way of assuring viewers that her crush is not swayed just because of her determination to win Kalos Queen.

Pretty much what I came to say.

I loved this episode. I never thought someone cutting their hair could be so emotional!

As for our ship, the ribbon as part of her new outfit, and Ash taking notice of it, and digging her new look, just made my amour heart so freaking happy. :D

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So I'd like to divert your attention to this:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/L3BHde3.jpg[/img139]

Serena and Eureka have just walked off after Serena's loss, and Citron asks Satoshi if she'll really be okay. Satoshi replies "Yeah. It's Serena. She's strong."

That look in Satoshi's eyes, though? Is that really just the look of a good friend?

(Maybe it is. But it really stood out to me as I watched the episode)

Last edited:

pokemaster442

いくZ!
Yes that is what he means. But I think this scene is more about him being surprised that Serena put through such a drastic change upon herself more than anything else? I don't know. I haven't watched the episode so I don't know the circumstances surrounding that scene. For example, was it the first time that Ash saw her after she cut her hair?

Serena cut her hair at the end of the episode. It was the first time Ash saw Serena with the new hair and clothes style.

So I'd like to divert your attention to this:

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/L3BHde3.jpg[/img139]

Serena and Eureka have just walked off after Serena's loss, and Citron asks Satoshi if she'll really be okay. Satoshi replies "Yeah. It's Serena. She's strong."

That look in Satoshi's eyes, though? Is that really just the look of a good friend?

(Maybe it is. But it really stood out to me as I watched the episode)

TBH, I expected this from Ash. Not only it did show that he's matured now but also, his confidence for Serena. He knew that Serena will be able to get back on her own two feet if she is determined. I suppose it's safe to say that Ash trusts her a lot.

Wow! :) She looks so adorable there. The design, haircut, it's so kawaii. I also really liked her long hair but this design totaly fits her. And the blush scene is just TOO CUTE! Too bad I also missed this episode, for the same reason as you Pokesrini. Can't wait to watch this when I can. This is just too cute, and a day for us AmourShippers.

Yea, I also think it makes her look slightly older, and cuter.

Status
Not open for further replies.