• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing bothers me about today's episode, the woman who was watching Serena cut her hair, could she be a talent agent for the event's Serena wants to participate in? I don't remember the name off the top of my head of these competitions Serena's competing in.

If so this begs to be asked.

If Serena is scouted by this woman more in the future for these competitions could it impact Amourshipping?

Wow amazing. I asked that question last week and nobody cared. My questions were more or less answered. To me, she doesn't look like a talent scout, but some very important personality when it comes to Tripokelons. Come on. Talent scout with bodyguards and such paparazzi? She is some incredibly rich woman, and also probably was Kalos Queen some three or four times or some major achiever like that, which is what brings her there. Now the reasons of her presence range all the way from her being the judge of the Master Class, to being the veto body of the decision (most talent shows have a person with the power to veto a decision), or just that she thinks all contestants are useless except for Serena. And of course, it also includes the point that she may be the cause of Serena's departure.

We would be jumping the gun a bit here at this point. Remember that every step the writers are taking towards Amour, they are closing down a few possibilities. Now by closing down possibilities, I completely acknowledge that they have the power to do it anyway. But will they? Standard logic suggests they won't. Don't know which logic they use. But for now, I find it really surprising how fast the mood turned sour. Come on guys, what did I tell you? Give it time. Things will get clearer by XY100+. Why do you have to automatically assume that she is a threat for AmourShipping?

Just saw the episode and I must say, all that the date episode didn't have, this episode had five times more!

It was so emotional when Serena started crying, this may be a stretch, but kinda gives Mystery Dungeon some competition.

For everything good in the world, let's just hope whatever happens, Serena stays with Ash. If they twist the plot again I'll...grr...I don't even...head down to Japan and rip their heads off or something...

Didn't realize that blue ribbon on her dress was the same from before. Armour if I've ever seen it.

Hate to say it pokesrini, but I think the new look is growing on me. :)

Yeah I feel that the scene of making Serena break down was a little too much. But I don't mind! It is better for us if the characters show more emotion after all. I still feel that the golden scene was the exact point when Fennekin tripped. Full marks to how they pulled it off, especially Serena hugging Fennekin and kneeling down with the unforgiving crowd in the background. Exactly how I pulled it off in my fanfic too! That's the incredible thing :D

Hey...if the new look's growing on you, what's there to be sorry? Good for you! xD

And btw Zack_in_Black, interesting surmise, and I have to say I like the idea. But I'm not so sure if they would ever meet Aria. Remember that the girl has a celebrity status in Kalos. So...

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Wow. The latest episode turns out to be very touching. It seems that Ash and Serena's relationship getting stronger. If Ash really starting to notice things that concerns Serena,then I'll be happy for her as she blushes. Ash and Serena must have a great time. During that present episode, that may be Ash's first time that he ever give a girl a gift. Sounds pretty maturing, don't you agree?

Wow. The latest episode turns out to be very touching. It seems that Ash and Serena's relationship getting stronger. If Ash really starting to notice things that concerns Serena,then I'll be happy for her as she blushes. Ash and Serena must have a great time. During that present episode, that may be Ash's first time that he ever give a girl a gift. Sounds pretty maturing, don't you agree?

First time Ash ever gave a girl a present. First time he complimented a girl on her look, first time that a girl featured an accessory given by someone so prominently...quite a few firsts if you ask me.

Btw for those who were worried about the old lady, let me give you another possible scenario. Going by how rich she is, and how much security she has and the fact that she was watching from the VIPs box, I say that she is probably the primary sponsor of Tripokelons. Which means she would probably have some powers, like a veto or heavy voting- much like our own reality shows. So she might feature in the Master Class, possibly to break the potential tie between Serena and...Aria, let's say who have equal votes, or Serena loses a bit of appeal because she stumbles slightly again, but quickly improvises to make a move out of it. There could be positive scenarios too you know, just saying.

Tourist Juan

I agree that Yashio is probably not a scout. She apparently used to participate in showcases. We can also tell that she is looking for someone. (Aria perhaps? to soon to tell i guess)
Anyways, i think (or at least hope) she wont will be a problem for amour. XD

I agree that Yashio is probably not a scout. She apparently used to participate in showcases. We can also tell that she is looking for someone. (Aria perhaps? to soon to tell i guess)
Anyways, i think (or at least hope) she wont will be a problem for amour. XD

No I think she's merely watching the Tripokelon, to see what the new season with new participants is like. She seemed rather unimpressed with everyone else...even Serena at first, until she saw her at the quay. I agree though. Most probably no reason to worry. I expect her to be a regular feature in most Tripokelons though.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Wow amazing. I asked that question last week and nobody cared. My questions were more or less answered. To me, she doesn't look like a talent scout, but some very important personality when it comes to Tripokelons. Come on. Talent scout with bodyguards and such paparazzi? She is some incredibly rich woman, and also probably was Kalos Queen some three or four times or some major achiever like that, which is what brings her there. Now the reasons of her presence range all the way from her being the judge of the Master Class, to being the veto body of the decision (most talent shows have a person with the power to veto a decision), or just that she thinks all contestants are useless except for Serena. And of course, it also includes the point that she may be the cause of Serena's departure.

We would be jumping the gun a bit here at this point. Remember that every step the writers are taking towards Amour, they are closing down a few possibilities. Now by closing down possibilities, I completely acknowledge that they have the power to do it anyway. But will they? Standard logic suggests they won't. Don't know which logic they use. But for now, I find it really surprising how fast the mood turned sour. Come on guys, what did I tell you? Give it time. Things will get clearer by XY100+. Why do you have to automatically assume that she is a threat for AmourShipping?

Yeah I feel that the scene of making Serena break down was a little too much. But I don't mind! It is better for us if the characters show more emotion after all. I still feel that the golden scene was the exact point when Fennekin tripped. Full marks to how they pulled it off, especially Serena hugging Fennekin and kneeling down with the unforgiving crowd in the background. Exactly how I pulled it off in my fanfic too! That's the incredible thing :D

Hey...if the new look's growing on you, what's there to be sorry? Good for you! xD

And btw Zack_in_Black, interesting surmise, and I have to say I like the idea. But I'm not so sure if they would ever meet Aria. Remember that the girl has a celebrity status in Kalos. So...

If I recall correctly though, they have met celebrities in past generations as well, and if Ash has met the champion of each league, I don't think that it is out of the question for Serena to meet the champion of what she does. I actually think that it is more likely than not that they meet Aria, especially now since there is going to be some more focus on Serena's goal and the showcases themselves. The only part that I doubt happening is the rest of that scenario that I came up with.

Also I am with you guys, I am more leaning towards the idea of her being a past performer and something about Serena maybe reminds her of what she was once like. I just hope that she doesn't have any adverse effects on the pairing, but then again, this might also be a way for the writers to have someone who enters and will be the reason for Serena staying in Kalos while Ash moves on, sorta like what happened to Dawn in DP. I doubt that will happen with all they are throwing into the mix here though. I don't think that anyone can really deny that this ship is definitely the most likely to happen because of the many, many, many firsts that they are throwing into the mix and how unique they have made it with the backstory and all.

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
First time Ash ever gave a girl a present. First time he complimented a girl on her look, first time that a girl featured an accessory given by someone so prominently...quite a few firsts if you ask me.

Btw for those who were worried about the old lady, let me give you another possible scenario. Going by how rich she is, and how much security she has and the fact that she was watching from the VIPs box, I say that she is probably the primary sponsor of Tripokelons. Which means she would probably have some powers, like a veto or heavy voting- much like our own reality shows. So she might feature in the Master Class, possibly to break the potential tie between Serena and...Aria, let's say who have equal votes, or Serena loses a bit of appeal because she stumbles slightly again, but quickly improvises to make a move out of it. There could be positive scenarios too you know, just saying.

Wow. Guess that is Ash's first time involves girls. Serena have put an impact on Ash's character. If this keeps up,then I'll be sure to love the Kalos Saga then most of the other sagas that I've ever seen. At this rate, Ash will be sure to becoming mature. That's one of things that I've been waiting for. Serena's crushing on Ash turns out to be very real. I don't think that I have to worry about the elderly lady in the limo. I'm sure that she wouldn't do anything that would threaten Serena's connection with Ash.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
You know guys? I don't think that the crying scene was "too much". I think it was quite fitting.

I mean, Pokémon tends to be a happy-merry-go-round anime, with one-dimensional character traits (by that I mean the CotDs) and happy endings here and there. Sure, XY has changed that since the first/second episode, but what I'm trying to say is that I actually wanted her to cry.

Don't get me wrong, I would never wish something like that to anyone, real or fictional, but I seriously thought that the XY series was the perfect opportunity to make the main characters be... more realistic.

We've seen May and Dawn losing their contests, we've seen her depression arc after losing 2 in a row, we've also seen sad Misty and Iris, but in my opinion, there were some opportunities when I expected the characters to cry because I thought I felt them, I felt the pain they were feeling (although obviously not on context) and they should've just let it go! (nopunheresorry)
But after 3 words from Ash or mostly no external motivation, they simply shrugged it off and smiled and continued with their lives.

Now, I'm not saying "if something bad happened to you, you should just go cry in a corner, get depressed for the rest of your life and never come out because it isn't worth it" lol, but I seriously think that going from terribly sad to happy in just a few seconds is not realistic. Seeing Serena cry just... broke my soul. Trust me, when I saw her tear on the XY movie my heart hurt... Imagine how I felt this time. I started to tear as well, it felt so sad, but at the same time something made me relieved: I finally got to see the Pokégirl cry for something she should.

And THAT was worth it.

Pleasedon'tkillmeI'mnotabadperson

calvinhobbesliker

Did he say Dawn looked good dressed as Princess Salvia? Or was that only in the dub?

AtemSciv

Well just got home and watched the episode, work is soooo fun...and all I have to say is wow. Amourshipping payload drop aside, this might be one of the best front to back pokemon episodes ever. This episode had everything. I'll just drop what I thought about the big parts.

Ribbons- boy they did play a big part today.

First things first the tripokelons. I like these so far and I think they'll fun to watch going forward. Nice change of pace and I think even though we only got a small sample today, I look forward to seeing them full on when Serena does more of them.

As far as the performance itself, I definitely felt awful for Fennekin when she tripped and fell. Talk about irony, all the positives this week and last week concerning ribbons and wouldn't you know she'd trip on one...this led to the only real downer this week for me in this episode which wasn't even that big, but we didn't get to see Serena in the freestyle competition. Oh well something to continue to look forward to.

As far as Serena's scene on the docks goes...wow talk about people saying this is a kids show. That was probably the most heart wrenching/intense scenes in the history of the show. I can't ever remember a scene that tugged at me like that one did. I'm really glad how that played that though. As much as we all may have wanted her to ball her eyes out and have Ash comfort her, I'm glad it was Fennekin and Pancham her helped pick her up. It would have been bad in my opinion if Ash did it. There's gonna be times when I think he will be there for her to lean on when she's broken, but today just wasn't that day and I'm fine with that.

The haircut scene, once again this show has definitely gotta more mature, for her to and take the scissors to her like that was pretty brave and incredible on her part, I really enjoyed Serena's development today, she showed me alot today and I can honestly say even more then before I hope she ends with Ash. She's setting the bar so high that no one past or future will ever be able to compare to her.

And I definitely cannot forget about Ash today, he was brilliant. Everything he said and every decision he made was on point today. He built Serena up before the event, inspired her during it even when he wasn't beside her, trusted her and knew her well enough to know she was strong enough to get past her loss on her own, and finally give her the much need compliment on her new look. I think its safe to he's starting to realize something about her, albeit slowly he showed today he's growing up and is the true "leader" of the group.

As far as her new look goes, I'm ok with, I think its gonna grow on me. Personally I think if she went without the hat it would be even cuter on her, but all I enjoy it.

And finally the ribbon, I have to admit I was floored it showed up again after only one episode. That's a giant hint for me. The fact that the writers and animators took no time in implementing it shows me the ship is doing great, and that Serena's feeling are only getting stronger for Ash.

That ribbon in my opinion is now the second symbol for Ash and Serena. The handkerchief first with the slogan "Don't give up till its over" has been a mainstay since XY07. I think ribbon is on board too with their second slogan of "Nothing we do is pointless" on display over Serena's heart for Ash and everyone else to see.

All and all fantastic episode the writers really nailed these what seems to be a two episode arc now in XY59 and XY60. Maybe it didn't play out as we all thought it may but all in cheers XY, you guys are really putting the past behind you guys with this series and I can't wait to see more of it.

XY Episode 60 10/10 probably one of the best the series has seen.

ashsfuture

For me today's episode literally brought me to tears, I have never felt this much sadness for any of the female companions when it came to their dreams, for this to happen to Serena after 60 episodes this was the best Serena focused episode yet and one of the most emotional pokemon episodes. It was so heartbreaking to see her break down in tears I mean she held back those tears for as long as she could, but then at that moment I was like just let it out Serena, and then for Ash himself sure we've always have been used to seeing him comfort his female companion when they are sad, but to see Ash say that Serena will be fine she is strong, that was a mature moment for Ash because in some way he knew that Serena needed to handle this on her own. Still you see that Ash had a major impact on Serena throughout the majority of the episode(remembering his words from the 2nd summer camp)and then that moment when you see Serena cut her hair all those moments for Serena from the start of her journey to the start of her dream, really showed you that this change stands for a whole lot and actually mean something. Serena's new look love it and the biggest thing I loved about it was the blue ribbon Ash gave her, so it like Ash will always be a part of her and that amourshipping has grown even stronger.

After all this(I have to say this) No other female companion(old ones as well) will never be able to live up to the development, the emotions, and the feelings that Serena has shown for the pokemon series and that the three most important things in her life are her pokemon, her mother, and Ash and we still have more great things to come for xy! and I'm really looking forward to future tripokalons for Serena.

Serena you are really something special!

Last edited:

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
For me today's episode literally brought me to tears, I have never felt this much sadness for any of the female companions when it came to their dreams, for this to happen to Serena after 60 episodes this was the best Serena focused episode yet and one of the most emotional pokemon episodes. It was so heartbreaking to see her break down in tears I mean she held back those tears for as long as she could, but then at that moment I was like just let it out Serena, and then for Ash himself sure we've always have been used to seeing him comfort his female companion when they are sad, but to see Ash say that Serena will be fine she is strong, that was a mature moment for Ash because in some way he knew that Serena needed to handle this on her own. Still you see that Ash had a major impact on Serena throughout the majority of the episode(remembering his words from the 2nd summer camp)and then that moment when you see Serena cut her hair all those moments for Serena from the start of her journey to the start of her dream, really showed you that this change stands for a whole lot and actually mean something. Serena's new look love it and the biggest thing I loved about it was the blue ribbon Ash gave her, so it like Ash will always be a part of her and that amourshipping has grown even stronger.

After all this(I have to say this) No other female companion(old ones as well) will never be able to live up to the development, the emotions, and the feelings that Serena has shown for the pokemon series and that the three most important things in her life are her pokemon, her mother, and Ash and we still have more great things to come for xy! and I'm really looking forward to future tripokalons for Serena.

Serena you are really something special!

All this talk of Serena crying reminded me of this, in the old thread...

It seemed like her training was for nothing. She was so nervous she couldn't think straight, and that nervousness reflected itself on her performance.
She is crying the the balcony, still wearing the dress she wore in her performance.

"Serena, what's wrong?" Ash asks, appearing in the balcony.
"Didn't you see my terrible performance?" Serena shouts, upset.
"Yeah, I did. And you weren't the greatest today." Ash commented. Serena looked at him, even more hurt by his words. "But you know what? This kind of mishaps shouldn't bring you down. You should use them as fuel and inspiration for your next contests, I mean, performances."

Serena looked at him, this young man who helped her when they were kids, and showed her a world she never knew. He came through for her, once again, without hesitation. Yes, his words were a bit harsh, but it was exactly what she needed to hear.

Ash raised his right hand, curved his index finger and cleaned out the tears falling freely from Serena's face.

"You're not alone, Serena." He said. "You have people who care for you, and will help you given the chance. You have Clemont and Bonnie, and you h-have..." Ash stuttered, a blush starting to appear. "You have me."
Serena's left hand clung to her dress as of her life depended on it. Yet again, this boy continued to surprise her.

Serena lost it. All traces of self-control were removed from her mind. She threw herself at Ash in an embrace as she let out the hurt in her heart through her eyes, in the form of tears.

"Thank you, Ash... You have no idea what that means to me..."

Ash completed the embrace by putting his arms around the sobbing girl. He wasn't happy that Serena lost, but he would do anything to prevent another tear from falling from those sapphire eyes.

And they just stayed there, Ash acting as a lightningrod to all of Serena's tears. A job Ash would gladly fulfill whenever she required him to.

Bonnie and Clemont watched from the balcony access door. They couldn't help but smile at the sight before them.
"Come on, let's give those two some privacy." Clemont said.
"Oh, but I want to talk to Serena..." Bonnie begged.
"Nope, tomorrow." Clemont's Aipom Arm grabbed his sister as he walked away.

I'm guessing that it was something along these lines, right?

Ryuzardx

Honestly I haven't been so excited for the show ever since the series actually started. What I find the most appealing is Ash's gym badges and the Pokemon League. I truly thought that the best series was DP, but I've changed my mind today. Especially with the new preview video of Pokemon XY in 2015. The gym battle between Ash and Clemont might be as good as Ash vs Paul easily. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'd say XY 60 gets a 7/10. Really the whole tripokalon part was really boring. I think my favorite episode is definitely gonna be Ash vs Clemont one. Also my current favorite episode is the second one or the first one.

edit: I seriously cannot wait for the upcoming Ash episodes and when Iris comes back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Well just got home and watched the episode, work is soooo fun...and all I have to say is wow. Amourshipping payload drop aside, this might be one of the best front to back pokemon episodes ever. This episode had everything. I'll just drop what I thought about the big parts.

Ribbons- boy they did play a big part today.

First things first the tripokelons. I like these so far and I think they'll fun to watch going forward. Nice change of pace and I think even though we only got a small sample today, I look forward to seeing them full on when Serena does more of them.

As far as the performance itself, I definitely felt awful for Fennekin when she tripped and fell. Talk about irony, all the positives this week and last week concerning ribbons and wouldn't you know she'd trip on one...this led to the only real downer this week for me in this episode which wasn't even that big, but we didn't get to see Serena in the freestyle competition. Oh well something to continue to look forward to.

As far as Serena's scene on the docks goes...wow talk about people saying this is a kids show. That was probably the most heart wrenching/intense scenes in the history of the show. I can't ever remember a scene that tugged at me like that one did. I'm really glad how that played that though. As much as we all may have wanted her to ball her eyes out and have Ash comfort her, I'm glad it was Fennekin and Pancham her helped pick her up. It would have been bad in my opinion if Ash did it. There's gonna be times when I think he will be there for her to lean on when she's broken, but today just wasn't that day and I'm fine with that.

The haircut scene, once again this show has definitely gotta more mature, for her to and take the scissors to her like that was pretty brave and incredible on her part, I really enjoyed Serena's development today, she showed me alot today and I can honestly say even more then before I hope she ends with Ash. She's setting the bar so high that no one past or future will ever be able to compare to her.

And I definitely cannot forget about Ash today, he was brilliant. Everything he said and every decision he made was on point today. He built Serena up before the event, inspired her during it even when he wasn't beside her, trusted her and knew her well enough to know she was strong enough to get past her loss on her own, and finally give her the much need compliment on her new look. I think its safe to he's starting to realize something about her, albeit slowly he showed today he's growing up and is the true "leader" of the group.

As far as her new look goes, I'm ok with, I think its gonna grow on me. Personally I think if she went without the hat it would be even cuter on her, but all I enjoy it.

And finally the ribbon, I have to admit I was floored it showed up again after only one episode. That's a giant hint for me. The fact that the writers and animators took no time in implementing it shows me the ship is doing great, and that Serena's feeling are only getting stronger for Ash.

That ribbon in my opinion is now the second symbol for Ash and Serena. The handkerchief first with the slogan "Don't give up till its over" has been a mainstay since XY07. I think ribbon is on board too with their second slogan of "Nothing we do is pointless" on display over Serena's heart for Ash and everyone else to see.

All and all fantastic episode the writers really nailed these what seems to be a two episode arc now in XY59 and XY60. Maybe it didn't play out as we all thought it may but all in cheers XY, you guys are really putting the past behind you guys with this series and I can't wait to see more of it.

XY Episode 60 10/10 probably one of the best the series has seen.

You my friend, deserve a big cookie for this post. I think that everything you said here is point on and I couldn't have said it better myself.

I especially agree on your points where you state that it isn't the same kids show that it was shown to be in previous generations and how no other female companion can compare to what Serena has done. In a little over one season, she has managed to chip away at Ash's barrier and has also been shown to be, in my opinion, possibly the best developed female character. After we were all starting to get concerned about her not having a goal and what not, bam, she has all of a suddenly turned into a great addition to the show and is so well developed at this point, none can compare to her. She has added something to the show that no other female has added before, a serious love sub-plot that is such a good addition and adds depth to the show. It also makes it less of a little kids show as well at the same time.

All in all this episode did more for this series than any other episode and showed such great development in Ash and Serena that it is sorta unbelievable. Just an overall amazing episode.

Overall this episode is fantastic for AmourShippers, though I just can't stop worrying about that old lady scout person. I hope she's not a pre-inserted plot device to write off Serena at the end of the saga. I will be so pissed if Serena becomes a Dawn 2.0 in that way.

Pugsley

Banned
Overall this episode is fantastic for AmourShippers, though I just can't stop worrying about that old lady scout person. I hope she's not a pre-inserted plot device to write off Serena at the end of the saga. I will be so pissed if Serena becomes a Dawn 2.0 in that way.

I don't think that old woman is a scout, I think she may be more of a rich sponsor for Tripokalon or a former Kalos Queen. Nonetheless I must agree that I certainly don't want her to be the reason for Serena to leave Ash.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today's episode wasn't as good as the last one in terms of AmourShipping hints in my view, not that I was expecting much anyway. Still, Ash seemed to like Serena's redesign, so maybe it's a shipping hint? Who knows. I don't think the ship is "sinking" simply because Serena has a new focus though. If anything, we might get more hints as a result of Serena's change imo.

I think we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that this woman will be the reason Serena won't be with Ash on his next journey. We have less information about her except the fact that she's famous. Although I am not excluding the possibility. Anyway it's too early to tell. For now let's enjoy the fact that Serena is wearing the ribbon that Ash gave to her and the fact that she'll be wearing it for a long time. So having that said, Do you believe that the ribbon will play more role in the future? Why or Wynaut?

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Damn. This episode was truly touching to the heart. Best episode so far in XY imo. So much emotion. So much change. It's truly amazing.
I feel like pokemon XY is truly a different series of Pokemon than I've ever seen before. I've never seen a crying scene such as this one, or hints from Ash like these. Makes me have more faith in the outcome of Amour.

The lady is probably not gonna take Serena away from Ash. But judging how she looked at Serena in the car, she's probably gonna play a big role in her tripokalons. For the love of Amour, I hope it's not too big of a role.

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
I think we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that this woman will be the reason Serena won't be with Ash on his next journey. We have less information about her except the fact that she's famous. Although I am not excluding the possibility. Anyway it's too early to tell. For now let's enjoy the fact that Serena is wearing the ribbon that Ash gave to her and the fact that she'll be wearing it for a long time. So having that said, Do you believe that the ribbon will play more role in the future? Why or Wynaut?

With your question, I don't see much more happening with the ribbon after this point. I honestly think that they did the best thing they possibly could have with it. I believe that its sole purpose was to go into her redesign and to be used as a hint of sorts as it is something of Ash that will always be with her and to be held close to her heart, and not just figuratively, it is right next to her heart. The only sequence of events in which I could see the ribbon being brought up again is if someone like Shauna says something along the lines of it being cute and where did she get it, I would then imagine her blushing heavily and telling Shauna that it was a gift from Ash. Or maybe if Serena is ever feeling down or doubting herself and she realizes that the ribbon is there and it gives her comfort or strength in some way, maybe she thinks that it is her piece of Ash and that a part of his strength and spirit is with her. These are the only cases in which I see the ribbon being used as an amour hint in the future, but I guess that they would still be pretty good hints.

And with the lady, I am going to stick to my guns here with my earlier thought of her being a former showcase participant and maybe Serena reminds her of herself in some fashion when she sees her at the port in the morning. I say this because the only time she seemed to show any interest in anything going on around her was when she saw Serena at the port in that really dramatic scene. But I do think that this will eventually become some sort of sub-plot somewhere before or after Serena's second showcase where maybe this woman helps Serena out with stuff or she might just play the part of someone who shows extreme interest in Serena and later on something happens between the two. But I am not sure if I really want that to happen because her helping Serena and giving her ideas for showcases could lead to less support and help from Ash, as where on the other hand it could really help develop Serena even more, one of those double edged sword things going on. But my scenarios usually never pan out so this one is very unlikely, I just don't want this woman to take away from any amour moments.

Also in terms of uniqueness, this episode (and series in general) scores a 10/10. They have really pushed this series away from the traditional format that we had gotten used to and it makes it a distinct series that far outdoes all previous ones. My evidence for uniqueness here is pretty obvious as of this far: A much more mature Ash than we have seen before, and he just might actually have a clue in this series and hopefully this will receive more development later on; The very distinct development of a strong romantic subplot (I say distinct as previous gens didn't really have anything that could be considered as concrete as this); Serena's character is also very good evidence as well, she actually has strong emotions, has confirmed feelings for Ash, has a history with Ash, and she is the only character to have undergone a serious redesign (although this is partially due to the game's character customization feature but is unique nonetheless). So I think we have very little to worry about with what will happen in this series.

As in terms of hints in the next few episodes, I actually still expect a few to come up. Each episode it seems has the opportunity to have a scene of Serena showing concern for Ash and other minor stuff, but I am assuming we might get a good dose of hints from episode 64 where Serena is being to rough with her pokemon.

The thing that I am really looking forward to though is the new movie that is gonna be released in July. It seems as though there could be some pretty emotional parts to the movie as we could have the members of the group thrown into different dimensions by Hoopa, and if the writers have any sense whatsoever, then they will have Ash and Serena thrown into a different dimension from the others and we could see the two bond because of this process. Also with the three titans of land, sea, and sky going at it we could see some typical hero play by Ash where he jumps to Serena's rescue and maybe vise versa. I just think that there are so many possibilities of what they can do with the movie that I am really excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.