• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
I have 2 questions:
With Serena's new design,do you think her hair would grow over time throughout the series?
Like every time they reach a new city it gets progressively longer

2nd question:
With the blue ribbon pretty much being the symbol for Ampur right now,do you think it would be referenced again later on?
Like a COTD asks Serena where she got that ble ribbon and then she says:Uh,I got it from a friend while looking at Ash and blushing

AtemSciv

I have 2 questions:
With Serena's new design,do you think her hair would grow over time throughout the series?

2nd question:
With the blue ribbon pretty much being the symbol for Ampur right now,do you think it would be referenced again later on?
Like a COTD asks Serena where she got that ble ribbon and then she says:Uh,I got it from a friend while looking at Ash and blushing

As far as the question goes, her first look went 60 episodes so I think it's highly possible that her look will change periodically change every 60-70 episodes maybe to promote in game customization, but then again who knows maybe this look was made to be her permanent look. I think would it would be a massive hint for amour though if even if she does change her hair/outfit again the ribbon remains a part of wardrobe in someway.

As far as the ribbon goes from here on out, I think we have what we're gonna have from it for a while, a permanent symbol of Ash and Serena's bond with one another over her heart. The most likely scenario I could see it being referenced again is possibly at the next tripokelon. This would be the first time I would assume that Shauna would see Serena's new look, and while complimenting her references the ribbon and asks where she got it. The hopeful scenario is that she blushes and comments that she received it from Ash as gift, leading to Shauna asking about their relationship.

Inferno792

Food Wars
As far as the question goes, her first look went 60 episodes so I think it's highly possible that her look will change periodically change every 60-70 episodes maybe to promote in game customization, but then again who knows maybe this look was made to be her permanent look. I think would it would be a massive hint for amour though if even if she does change her hair/outfit again the ribbon remains a part of wardrobe in someway.

As far as the ribbon goes from her out I think we have what we're gonna have from it for a while, a permanent symbol of Ash and Serena's bond with one another over her heart. The most likely scenario I could see it being referenced again is possibly at the next tripokelon. This would be the first time I would assume that Shauna would see Serena's new look, and while complimenting her references the ribbon and asks where she got it. The hopeful scenario is that she blushes and comments that she received it from Ash as gift, leading to Shauna asking about their relationship.

It would take quite a while for her hair to grow back. But the new hairstyle isn't unbearable. It is cute.

--VIRGO--

I have 2 questions:

2nd question:

We can't exclude. This might be not the first time, we see Serena in completely different clothes. Maybe after Ash's gym battle with Olympia.
I don't think Serena will bring ribbon stuff anymore. However she can mention it after someone will ask her about it.

Hey! Happy Valentines to all amourians! Hope y-- 0_o *Slowly walks away*

As for the distribution of Serena's Fennekin and the Destiny knot, I try not to think much about it but it is quite interesting that this was after the whole ribbon thing in two episodes that contains quality amourshipping moments while at the same time, during Valentines day. Not quite sure what to say much about this but it is quite interesting.

Well. At least I'm not alone xD

I try not to either. But is really not easy to try and brush it off as nothing. Many giveaway Pokemon usually don't hold anything. And if they do, it is usually something relevant like a Metagrossite for the shiny Beldum giveaway or so. But a Destiny Knot? Now I'll try to debunk this myself. The Destiny Knot is just an addition for Valentines Day, and it means nothing.

But here's the catch- that event doesn't start today. It starts on the 26th. And even if it is a Valentines thing, why is it with SERENA's Fennekin. Remember that this Fennekin is supposed to be the one that Serena has. So what's with the Destiny Knot?

Now let me add the effect to this. For those of you who don't know, the Destiny Knot is known as the Red String in the Japanese versions of the game. And for those of you who still cannot see what the implication is, then Google "Red String of Fate", read up the Wikipedia article, and flip your table xD Add to that the fact that we have been getting really high quality hints in the past two weeks. It really does seem rather odd. And besides, a Destiny Knot is pretty irrelevant for a Fennekin anyway. And it isn't some special item because you can get one or more in the game fairly easily.

I have 2 questions:

2nd question:

I don't think she'll change her design everytime she goes to a new city. But I do feel that it might happen at some point- maybe some 50-60 episodes from now. And if the ribbon is retained even after that, then I feel that it is a massive hint, not that it isn't one already.

Maybe Shauna might notice that and ask. Which connects to my previous speculation that there may come a point when Serena confides her feelings towards Ash to Shauna.

Now here's another thing I want you guys to think about. I know this might be a little bit of a stretch, but just think anyway. Of all things, why did Ash gift her a ribbon? And Ash felt very thankful that she wore it? And also, why was it blue, when Serena prefers colours that belong to the red tone? One of my friends pulled up an interesting point, and I thought I'd share it:

What if, note that I say if, that ribbon is actually an excuse for something else? An excuse like how Ash conveniently won that prize which he gifted to Serena? What if that ribbon symbolized something else. Something thinner...like...a string? Perhaps? Food for thought ;) Goodnight!

I have 2 questions:

2nd question:

Hmm, I think it's going to take a long while before Serena's hair grows. I don't think the entire XY series will have enough episodes to cover her growing hair. We may see that should a time skip happens however (which I am anticipating to see). Anyway, I am not worried about it at all, I may have said this plenty of times but I love Serena's new look and I am glad that she has a makeover. It's like she is already an OC like Ash is instead of being a representative for a game.

As mentioned above, I think that the ribbon will only be brought up if someone takes notice of it. It is a good symbol for Ash and Serena since the ribbon is next to her heart (cheesy I know but that's how we see it, lol :D)

Oh, something comes in my mind. You know whenever a girl is in doubt, trouble, or worried, she usually places her hands close to her chest? Since the ribbon is now close to her heart, I think that whenever she is worried of her performance, or if Ash is in trouble, she would put her hands on the ribbon and that would remind her that everything will be alright and that Ash is always there for her. It would also put her into comfort and be a reminder of what she and Ash has been through. Putting her hands on the ribbon may also indicate her prayers for both Ash and herself. What do you guys think?

Happy Valentines Day fellow Amourshippers!

credit goes to the artist.

Awesome art from asuna07neros. Thanks for sharing his fanart. I love this. They look so happy together! :D

Once again, Happy valentines day to all amourians! Cheers! :D

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So there is a theory going around that the character Yashio that was introduced in the recent episode may offer Serena to become her trainee at the end of XY. Setting up her departure.

If that happens, I am not sure Amour will become canon after all since, I doubt the writers would go for a long distance relationship

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
I have 2 questions:

2nd question:

For the first question, I have a feeling we will see it get progressively longer to the point where we might see another design change with her. They would just need to make sure that they do it gradually and don't decide to do some sort of time skip thing where it just magically gets longer in one episode. That would take extremely lazy animators to pull something like that though as it is not that hard to implement a gradual change. There is actually an equation to enter into a computer that would cause a slow change in a single characteristic.

For the second question, I stated previously my feelings on this one. I think that it would take someone asking about it like Shauna, or where Serena gets in a situation where she feels down and out, and then she looks to the ribbon as if a part of Ash's strength and courage are with her and it helps her out of the situation.

Although there are many things I would like to add, I am short on time as I have a date in a little bit. So this will most likely also be my only post here today, I am sad about leaving my favorite amourians behind though. So I will chat with you all at a later date, have a good Valentine's Day everyone.

Edit: And now I feel bad because I didn't see the forever lonely posts on here. I am a horrible person apparently. :(

amour4ever

I'm tired.
Happy Valentine's Day my fellow Amourshippers!

I have 2 questions:

2nd question:

I agree with what pretty much everyone else has said.

I can see Serena's hair regrowing gradually over time, leading to perhaps another new look. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if this look remains from here on out.

When it comes to the ribbon, I think it will only be brought up again if someone asks her about it, most likely Shauna, hopefully leading to Serena confiding to her about her feelings for Ash.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Anyway, about Serena growing her back. I think it is certainly possible but I don't see it going back to full length. And just argue with what Setsuna said about not enough time span in XY to fully grow it back. I assure you that it WILL grow back. (But your probably right)

And to top it off, how ha think Team rocket will react to Serenas new design. Could Ash butt in??

Last edited by a moderator:
Although there are many things I would like to add, I am short on time as I have a date in a little bit. So this will most likely also be my only post here today, I am sad about leaving my favorite amourians behind though. So I will chat with you all at a later date, have a good Valentine's Day everyone.

Edit: And now I feel bad because I didn't see the forever lonely posts on here. I am a horrible person apparently. :(

*looks at you coldly like Yashio, picks up sniper, takes aim, and clicks trigger* There...that should take care of it. xD

I had an excellent Valentines Day in one way. I got a Diancie for a Froakie. LOL.

Anyway, about Serena growing her back. I think it is certainly possible but I don't see it going back to full length. And just argue with what Setsuna said about not enough time span in XY to fully grow it back. I assure you that it WILL grow back. (But your probably right)

And to top it off, how ha think Team rocket will react to Serenas new design. Could Ash butt in??

Of course it may never grow back to full length, mainly because they wouldn't want to be seen as retracting their previous statement. You see, the closest they would ever get to be willing to accept a mistake is if they make a good change to compensate. They will never eat their own words though. For example, for argument's sake, let's say that this redesign is a mistake. They might make her hair grow longer a bit, tweak her wardrobe and whatever. But they would never go straight back to Serena's old design. Let's not consider the timeline problems because you really don't know what is the time gap between two episodes. For all you know, it could be one day, or a week.

Anyhow, I like to think of what Team Rocket's reaction would be like. I see Jessie laughing at her. And I hope that Ash teaches them a lesson xD Because that's exactly what I've done in my fanfic, though of course, the situations surrounding the redesign were much more different.

Last edited:

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Happy Valentines Day, Amourshippers!

Been forever since I have last posted here. Hope no one has forgot about me while I've been busy.

I'm so sorry I'm late everyone but I just thought I'd tell you that the other day I sat down and watched XY059. I didn't the episode wasn't that bad, hint wise. Sure, we could have gotten more hints but we still got some decent hints, IMO. I really loved that scene where Ash gave Serena a gift. I'm not sure but I think Serena might actually be the first main female that had actually received a gift from Ash before, just wanna point that out.

Anyways, about Serena growing her hair back, I definitely do think it's possible. Since character customization was kind of big thing in the XY games, I don't see why Serena would not grow as the series progresses. But to see it full length again, I don't think that will happen.

What I personally think is that the series progresses, Serena will try out several other fashions and hairstyles since she does seem to be a fashionista, if you know what I mean.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Maybe I'm overthinking this but Serena's new dress design (with the exclusion of the hat maybe) does make her look more like an original character instead of representing a game character. I don't remember seeing that dress in the game (Correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't played X and Y for more than a month now). Maybe this is a good excuse to have her continue onward with Ash without affecting anything much from the game. Maybe this is the Anipoke staff's way of saying "Serena is her own character now much like Ash as his own character". Nonetheless, I definitely love her new design and IMO, she looks more of a perfect match for Ash (Ash wearing Blue and Serena wearing Red).

I had actually been wondering the same thing. Some people might respond that the animators did this design change to showcase character customization in the X&Y video games. However, Serena's new outfit was not based (at least not FULLY based) on the X&Y games. Rather, according to Akemi Omode's Twitter, it was based on input from multiple anime staff members (I don't have a link to the tweet, sorry, but Dephender might). As a result, Serena is wearing a totally unique outfit that indeed sets her apart from anyone in the video games.

But whether this wardrobe change is meant merely to spice the anime up a bit or to actually indicate that anime Serena is distinct from game Serena seems unclear. I wonder why the writers simply couldn't have based anime Serena off game Serena but started her off with different clothes and also maybe a slightly different name? Also, the lack of a midseason wardrobe change for Brock didn't stop him from continuing on for multiple seasons. All his permanent wardrobe changes, as far as I know, were between seasons.

Been forever since I have last posted here. Hope no one has forgot about me while I've been busy.

I'm so sorry I'm late everyone but I just thought I'd tell you that the other day I sat down and watched XY059. I didn't the episode wasn't that bad, hint wise. Sure, we could have gotten more hints but we still got some decent hints, IMO. I really loved that scene where Ash gave Serena a gift. I'm not sure but I think Serena might actually be the first main female that had actually received a gift from Ash before, just wanna point that out.

Anyways, about Serena growing her hair back, I definitely do think it's possible. Since character customization was kind of big thing in the XY games, I don't see why Serena would not grow as the series progresses. But to see it full length again, I don't think that will happen.

What I personally think is that the series progresses, Serena will try out several other fashions and hairstyles since she does seem to be a fashionista, if you know what I mean.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and to everyone else here. The weather where I am is dreadful so I'm staying indoors with some decaf coffee and some work.

Catching up on the thread a bit, found Sushi's post on the current status of things. Honestly, I would agree with most of it. The writers haven't dug themselves too deep yet; they can still get out of this, but to be honest, they probably would have to put some decent resolution to things given what's been shown so far. Much more shippy stuff than pretty much every prior generation combined, and that could have been determined shortly into XY, so that's interesting how this is possibly turning into some subplot that could be developed later on, especially if there's some mini arc after the league and performance finals and all. As long as Ash remains a Chaste Hero, then the main status quo remains, but if they were to ever start having him subtly change, possibly showing genuine interest in Serena, then that's when they risk digging too deep a hole to get out of.

The thing here is that even if the ship became canon, how could this be played out if there ends up being a Gen 7? Very difficult to sustain this over an entire generation without either overshadowing the main plot, or pretty much tossing it into the back. Ideally, this would be at the very end, or they somehow get a new main in to transition in place of Ash.

Good points here, through and through. Romantic subplots involving the protagonist are generally endgame material, the reason being that they generate a lot of hype and carry major implications for the protagonist (and thus his character and the plot). Once you canonize a shipping, the hype behind it kind of dies down, and there's really nothing you can do with it beyond that; it's simply not as interesting to watch an already existing relationship as it is to watch the process of getting to that relationship. If we were in any other anime, then Amour would be a strong hint that the endgame is approaching. But since we're in Pokemon, it's really hard for that logic to apply here, because the anime by its very nature has reset itself over and over again. That doesn't mean that Amour isn't a sign that the Pokemon anime (or at least Ash's story) is approaching its end, but the cyclical nature of Pokemon is a huge, huge caveat.

To me, I find the argument rather flawed. You see, we cannot compare PokeShipping and AmourShipping because they are different in many ways. The biggest thing is that AmourShipping is canon on one side, and it is being reinforced each time whereas PokeShipping, for all its merits, was still implied at best. And AmourShipping is strongly intertwined with the main plot of the XY saga unlike PokeShipping, which had seemingly no link. Here that bond between Ash and Serena and their support to each other has been central for Serena's character development, and not to mention Ash's gym battles at various places. Moreover there's the fact that it has been 10 years plus since the end of OS. A lot has changed since then, and many status quo have been broken so far.

Note that I am only arguing against the comparison. I'm not necessarily saying that there will be a positive outcome. There are still credible ways to push this out. But those credible ways are credible only in real life. Like Ash not returning her feelings and Serena moving on. Do you really think that we'll see that happen? I'll bring back the favourite argument of most of the OtherShippers here, "This is a kid's show". If it is, then don't you think that there would be a happy ending? I don't guarantee that Amour will be canon, I reiterate this. But we really don't have arguments backing either a positive or a negative outcome. The writers can still do what they want, but will the outcome they take be the logically obvious one? I don't know.

Also good points here; the comparison between Amour and Poke isn't totally apples to apples, in my view; that was my main point of disagreement with Sushi's post (which otherwise, I thought, seemed to give a pretty realistic take on the state of affairs). I think that given how much of a role Amour has played in the main plot of the show now (Ash's gym battles, Serena's very existence), there will (or at least should) be a resolution of some sort. To not have a resolution would, frankly, be terrible writing.

In the case of PokeShipping, where Misty's strongly implied crush was kinda forgotten about or phased out during the long death march through Johto, it's highly possible that the writers found themselves in a bad situation because they had introduced the crush not knowing that the anime would continue past Johto. When they realized that the anime would indeed continue, it was too late, as the shiptease horse had already left the barn. All the writers ostensibly felt they could do was to quietly corral it in and try to prevent it from spreading any further. I'm not sure I would have handled it this way if I were in charge, but it is what it is.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?

Happy Valentines Day to you and everyone here. Spending my day doing nothing special and forever alone but that's a different story

And if the writers choose to give Serena the opportunity to try out different fashion and hairstyles, I'd be fine with it. It would not be OOC as this would very much fit into her love for fashion.

Catching up on the thread a bit, found Sushi's post on the current status of things. Honestly, I would agree with most of it. The writers haven't dug themselves too deep yet; they can still get out of this, but to be honest, they probably would have to put some decent resolution to things given what's been shown so far. Much more shippy stuff than pretty much every prior generation combined, and that could have been determined shortly into XY, so that's interesting how this is possibly turning into some subplot that could be developed later on, especially if there's some mini arc after the league and performance finals and all. As long as Ash remains a Chaste Hero, then the main status quo remains, but if they were to ever start having him subtly change, possibly showing genuine interest in Serena, then that's when they risk digging too deep a hole to get out of.

The thing here is that even if the ship became canon, how could this be played out if there ends up being a Gen 7? Very difficult to sustain this over an entire generation without either overshadowing the main plot, or pretty much tossing it into the back. Ideally, this would be at the very end, or they somehow get a new main in to transition in place of Ash.

Good points here, through and through. Romantic subplots involving the protagonist are generally endgame material, the reason being that they generate a lot of hype and carry major implications for the protagonist (and thus his character and the plot). Once you canonize a shipping, the hype behind it kind of dies down, and there's really nothing you can do with it beyond that; it's simply not as interesting to watch an already existing relationship as it is to watch the process of getting to that relationship. If we were in any other anime, then Amour would be a strong hint that the endgame is approaching. But since we're in Pokemon, it's really hard for that logic to apply here, because the anime by its very nature has reset itself over and over again. That doesn't mean that Amour isn't a sign that the Pokemon anime (or at least Ash's story) is approaching its end, but the cyclical nature of Pokemon is a huge, huge caveat.

I agree with ScienceisSoAmazing's assessments. Frankly, he's right in the fact that once the ship goes canon, then there's nothing interesting left to see as we don't get to see the incremental build up of the relationship. (I mean, there's a reason why we choose to ship characters and speculate about it in the first place, amirite? Otherwise shipping wouldn't be viable lol).

Either way, the writers will have to address this when the time comes. Not only is it out front and center, but the previous two episodes (XY059 and XY060) signified a point of no return for the ship; it is now ingrained as part of the storyline and it would be beyond bad writing if the writers try to sweep it under the rug.

_Dog

I wish you all Amourshippers a most Happy Valentine's Day. I know it's not Valentine's Day in most places anymore, but nonetheless I desire to give these thoughts.

Last year we have received a lovely Valentine's Day poster of Ash and Serena, filled with heart-shaped balloons and shojo bubbles, with Serena looking at Ash in full awe. This year, we received two episodes filled with an abundance of hints (XY059 was not disappointing to me), a very possible crack at Ash's denseness, and astonishing development for Serena. I just looked at the ending of the last episode and wow: The walk to the dock, the Serenazo,* the intense wailing, the seconds of many flashbacks, the cutting of the hair, and her triumphant recovery with a brand new look, equipped with the ribbon that Ash had given to her as a gift. A new Serena is born, and she, Amourshipping, and the show itself now has so much promise. Serena has now become my favorite female character, and XY has strong potential to become the best series this show has ever had. Writers, congratulations. You have made me lose a little distrust on you, please don't screw it up!

In all honesty, we Amourshippers couldn't have asked for anything better. If they had overblown it and made Amourshipping canon right now, as Science and a few others have mentioned, it would be jumping the gun. However, in a way it may not be completely a bad idea to make Amourshipping canon before the ending (if there will be one). I certainly don't want it to be canon now, but if it was a little bit before the ending I wouldn't mind (though I doubt that would happen). As I have mentioned in the other thread a long time ago, an ideal couple would two people helping each other grow and reach their goals. We can kind of see Ash and Serena do this already with in trying to become Kalos League Champion and Kalos Queen, respectively. There's no reason why they cannot continue supporting each other if Amourshipping becomes canon (again, I doubt this will happen, but bear with me here). Perhaps if they manage to reach their goals they would realize that they could have not reached their goal without each other, and get to a point where they do not want to lose each other. It would be at this moment that Ash would like Serena (after much buildup in all the episodes before), and would want to continue traveling with her to reach a goal of winning the Tournament of Champions and ultimately becoming a Pokemon Master; while Serena could move on to winning the title of something like "World Queen", which would be the Tripokalon/Showcase equivalent of Miss Universe. All this would take place at the Gen VII region, and then comes the ending.

Eh, perhaps all that sounds too good to be true. But the show still has so much promise, and I'm happy for that. I just want to see development in my man, Ash, and perhaps Serena might become part of that. I'm still cautiously pessimistic, but I hope for the best.

*I can't give anything for Valentine's Day, as I'm not a talented artist like some people in this forum, nor do I desire to write any fanfics or make any AMV's (as they take a while and won't likely end well IMO). However, I'm considering a proposal that we give Serena's unfortunate dismal debut the nickname of Serenazo. The name is pronounced like it would be in Spanish (Seh-reh-nah-zo), and roughly means "the Serena blow". This is named after the Maracanazo, which to put it shortly was the biggest match in soccer history, where Uruguay defeated huge favorites Brazil in their own stadium after being down by a goal. This caused Uruguay to win the World Cup, and was the darkest moment in all of Brazil's soccer history. I feel that the humiliation that Serena and Fennekin suffered during her performance would be like the Tripokalon equivalent to that. And yet her very darkest and most painful moment is what caused her to make such a spectacular change of which I am so glad I was able to see. It was that moment that made me glad to have Serena as my favorite Pokegirl. So what do you think about it?

Last edited:

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Well I managed to be able to get another post in, albeit under rather bad conditions am I able to do this.

To Beatle I like your last paragraph and idea of what we should call that episode. It is rather fitting as it was indeed Serena's darkest hour and by all accounts was depressing to put it lightly. And yet even through all of this, she only grew as both a character on screen and in all of our hearts. She turned a rather dismal situation around and used it as fuel to make the most amazing change that we have seen thus far in pokemon. I believe that it is a true testament to her character that she was able to do such a thing, and make the best out of it. I think the best comparison here is metamorphosis, this is because she started this series as a relatively underdeveloped character and we didn't see much in the way of development for a while. But then we began slowly getting a build up in her character and entering the next stage of the process. And this episode was the final collaboration of all of that build up, turning her into a well developed character and showing who she truly is, or in other words this is the breaking of that built up cocoon and from that break arose a fully developed butterfly.

Now, I just came up with another idea in which that blue ribbon could be of use in later episodes and push the ship along even more. Now this might not be all to possible but it would be pretty neat. What if Serena were to incorporate that ribbon into her performance dress in a similar way to what she did with her new outfit. That way that whenever she is performing, that ribbon, and in turn a part of Ash, is there supporting her. This way even if Ash can't directly support her during her showcases, he will be able to indirectly support her in the form of the ribbon. I came up with this because I was sorta wondering if Ash would ever be able to give Serena the same support that she has given him throughout his gym battles, and what do you know, there just so happens to be a decorative ribbon to help. I think that ribbon is now the ever lasting symbol of their relationship and it will provide Serena support throughout the series.

On the issue of making this canon EARLY ON and losing some of the fun in shipping, I think I mentioned the problem in one of my earlier posts. If the relationship were to become canon, it would seemingly take the fun out of it for us, because hints would no longer matter as they are already in a relationship so we would already know that they are in love with each other so the hints that we look forward to every episode would be completely meaningless in this sense, they would still be meaningful to the relationship but you couldn't any longer call them hints. Another thing that would sorta stink is the fact that characters teasing them about it would also become meaningless, because if someone were to ask "Are you two dating?" they could simply answer with yes, taking all of the fun out of teasing. Now this is not to say that their interactions would be any less cute, it might even make it more cute and stuff, but it would take the air out of our sails because it would end the entire reason behind shipping and that is to share ideas, interpret hints, and debate what would be good to see in the next episode.

Now I am not against the idea of it becoming canon early on, I just think they would have to do it in a way that keeps us interested in it. The only way they could do this would be to implement actual dates into the series, add interactions between the two, and really give us reason enough to continue speculating about it because that is sorta what we do here. This is why I think the only way for them to really make it canon in an acceptable manner would be to do so near the end of the series like before the league and Serena's final showcase, that way they could have them support each other to a much higher degree in their respective competitions, leading to the possibility of them both winning. Then if Ash were to continue on, they could just forward the relationship into the next series as a beginning foundation and throughout the entire next series we could just enjoy the two of them interacting and having cute moments between the two.

That is my two cents on the matter and I am in no way saying that it isn;t possible for this to become canon early on, I just think that their timing would have to be perfect in that sense because of the implications that it could have. But my rather dismal opinion on the issue might also be the result of my date going pretty badly (Damn food poisoning) *punches a wall*. So forgive me if I seemed a little irritable in this post.

Last edited:
First off...Beatle, I like the suggestion. And that football reference too. I think it is a pretty good idea to call it that.

I think that given how much of a role Amour has played in the main plot of the show now (Ash's gym battles, Serena's very existence), there will (or at least should) be a resolution of some sort. To not have a resolution would, frankly, be terrible writing.

In the case of PokeShipping, where Misty's strongly implied crush was kinda forgotten about or phased out during the long death march through Johto, it's highly possible that the writers found themselves in a bad situation because they had introduced the crush not knowing that the anime would continue past Johto. When they realized that the anime would indeed continue, it was too late, as the shiptease horse had already left the barn. All the writers ostensibly felt they could do was to quietly corral it in and try to prevent it from spreading any further. I'm not sure I would have handled it this way if I were in charge, but it is what it is.

Absolutely. The least we could expect is that it should be resolved. They started this, and it only seems fair to say that they should take it all the way and give it an ending as well, be it positive or negative.

Another thing I feel is that Pokemon at that time was practically invincible, and its popularity was so unassailable that they could afford to make such bold decisions. Moreover, back then it might have been quite an okay idea to change characters because it was actually refreshing! But you can't keep grinding the same formula over and over again without making people tired of it. And second thing is, as mentioned, it was only strongly implied. They never went to the point of calling it canon on Misty's side. So therein lies the big difference. Anyhow..

Well I managed to be able to get another post in, albeit under rather bad conditions am I able to do this.

Now, I just came up with another idea in which that blue ribbon could be of use in later episodes and push the ship along even more. Now this might not be all to possible but it would be pretty neat. What if Serena were to incorporate that ribbon into her performance dress in a similar way to what she did with her new outfit. That way that whenever she is performing, that ribbon, and in turn a part of Ash, is there supporting her. This way even if Ash can't directly support her during her showcases, he will be able to indirectly support her in the form of the ribbon. I came up with this because I was sorta wondering if Ash would ever be able to give Serena the same support that she has given him throughout his gym battles, and what do you know, there just so happens to be a decorative ribbon to help. I think that ribbon is now the ever lasting symbol of their relationship and it will provide Serena support throughout the series.

That is my two cents on the matter and I am in no way saying that it isn;t possible for this to become canon early on, I just think that their timing would have to be perfect in that sense because of the implications that it could have. But my rather dismal opinion on the issue might also be the result of my date going pretty badly (Damn food poisoning) *punches a wall*. So forgive me if I seemed a little irritable in this post.

Wow..some story there. It's alright. We have plenty of space here in this forever alone corner. Feel free to join us here xD

What you suggest might not be that impossible. After all, Ash cannot support her in the same way she supports him during the Showcase itself due to obvious reasons. So he could indirectly support her with that ribbon. Can someone re-analyze that preview and check if Serena or Braixen are wearing that blue ribbon while performing? That might clear up things for us.

I too do not want to see an early canonization of this ship. I'd rather see some development slowly but steadily, especially on Ash's side. Personally, I think Ash's side has grown a bit from these last two episodes. Before, we saw that Ash has been much of a gentleman and nicer towards Serena and now, he is starting to appreciate her by giving a present, complimenting her looks and being thankful of her for using the ribbon he gave. I admire Ash for who he is by now and even though he is still dense and cannot learn of Serena's feelings, hey, at least there's a development on his side, slowly but surely. :)

Last edited:
Hey amourians new guy here this is my first post on this site and i wanted it to be on amourshipping thread bcuz i am an amourshipper as well(a very optimistic one)and i am a firm believer that amourshipping will become canon sometime near the end of the kalos saga(not xy series) and we will see very good things from this subplot in the distant future i hope i will provide good speculation and could have some fun here. i might not post here for a while b cuz i am watching world cup match pak vs india but i will post after the match ends so until then

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.