• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashsfuture

tbh I'm still keeping the percentage for Amourshipping at 50/50 well for Serena there's no turning back, since episode 60 her wearing the blue ribbon it's just like Serena basically saying(she's in love with Ash) as for Ash himself he's developing slowly in terms of developing feelings for Serena, and we see it mostly with how Ash treats her, supports her, he's being a true gentlemen to her. Though right now Ash isn't really aware of why he acts this way around her even at times he's nervous around her. That's where development for Ash would start to pick up to where he starts to realize that Serena is really important to him, before moving on to the next of development.

Now with everything thats been done for xy, the gym battles, Ash(his development as a trainer and person overall) evolving froakie, getting a goodra, the buildup towards the battle of the bros, Serena's development towards her dream and her feelings for Ash, and even Bonnie getting development to the point where she ended up in a tag team with Serena against team rocket, The Bonds- the family bond, and Ash and Serena's childhood past, and the more determined and stronger clement. I feel like all of this should only be a part of the xy saga and nothing else if anything from xy is used in another saga for the pokemon anime, No! it's not going to work, it just wouldn't feel right for the anime. Especially with how Ash and Serena have a past together before the pokemon series began!

Lets see what else xy has in store for us!

Last edited:

AtemSciv

At this point in the anime, what percentage do you give Amourshipping's chances of becoming canon? And what do you need to see in future episodes or want to see in future episodes for this percentage to either increase or stay constant?

As far as this goes most people who know me on here know that I'm an optimist so I'll put my tally right now at 75-80%.

As pokesrini and many others have already stated and which I agree with that Serena's feelings have gone beyond the point of no return. If the writers were gonna bail out on her feelings for Ash they would have done it already. They've had more than ample opportunity to do so.

As far as Ash goes I also agree with many that he's acting a lot different lately and I think that not only has to do with Serena, but the fact that he's growing up and is the "leader" of the group now. In the past Ash had older guys like Brock and Cilan who he could look to for guidance and advice. Now he's that person for Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie. He's the most experienced traveler and battler in the group so its only natural that he would start displaying those qualities as a more mature person. Sure he still has his "Ash" moments, but all and all I think he's definitely showed he's maturing to point that coming up he is capable of a relationship with Serena.

What kind of road blocks do you think amourshipping will face in the future? How do you think Ash and Serena would handle the problem? Do you even think that with their current relationship, they can overcome any threat to the ship? Why?

I agree with most of once again that has posted already. Serena's feelings have to start getting out in the open to others, mainly Ash that will move things forward more. And Ash I think just needs to be developed as he is, things are fine with him right now. Unless the writers goal is to make the ship canon midway through XY (which I'm not opposed to FYI) you won't see any "big" moments from Ash until then. Anything big from Ash simply makes the ship canon no way around that. That said I've really enjoyed their development these last few episodes and can't wait for more.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I support Amourshipping because I highly believe that Ash and Serena will travel with each other through the next region. I also highly believe that they will become a couple at the end of the series. When I first watched the seventh episode of Season 1, I was hooked on Amourshipping automatically and knew that it would be 100% canon by the end of the series.

ErinDingo

I would like to join on this thread because I really like Amourshipping since XY started. I think Ash and Serena are a cute couple.. In my opinion Serena liked Ash since she was little..
I really want Ash to develop feelings for Serena(slowly of course). I love it when they support each other in achieving their dreams.
I would say the chance of this ship becoming canon is 50-70%(it's just me lol)

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
On the subject of the likelihood of the pairing going canon, it's incredibly difficult to gauge (especially in terms of percentages) because it's not a fight between ships where it's a safe bet that one (combination of) pairing(s) will happen, as is usually the case with anime or comparable serial narratives. Usually, anime end on that sort of note, while here it's a considerable likelihood that the anime will continue past this region with the same main character(s).

This means that instead of being, say, a battle between Amourshipping's Yamato-class battleship and Pokéshipping's Bismarck-class battleship (that is to say, Pokéshipping was mostly built up outside of Japan, and was the strongest ship for its time, but sank relatively early on and was later outclassed in nearly every category by Amourshipping), this series is instead more like a battle between Amourshipping's Yamato-class battleship and the anime continuity's Bermuda Triangle.

The anime, if past precedent is anything to go by, is effectively a Bermuda Triangle of shipping: many ships have entered in an attempt to pass through, most have sunk or simply disappeared without sufficient explanation, the main ones to have survived are the COTD pairings that only pass into the edge of the place and then immediately turn around and leave, and the one exception is Rocketshipping, which previous ships have occasionally spotted sailing around inside of there for the past several years yet it seems to be indefinitely trapped or lost in there; Rocketshipping can almost be seen as a ghost ship.

I love taking metaphors insanely deeply, so let me take this metaphor even deeper:

It's looking nowadays like the Pokémon anime continuity's Bermuda Triangle might indeed be more myth than anything (what with the crumbling status quo), so the Amourshipping battleship is heading in there capable of withstanding rough seas and attacks from any ships it might encounter once it's inside. With that said, though, at any moment the anime could throw the equivalent of a small nuke (deus ex machina-level badly written contrivance to end the ship) or way too many torpedoes (long train of events that break the ship apart) at the ship and sink it just like all the others. Still, the ship has reached further into the region than any other to date (Episodes 59 and 60 have made that abundantly clear), and they've even reached far enough inside to spot Rocketshipping (Episode 63). It's hard to gauge how much farther is left to go before Amourshipping exits this Bermuda Triangle of shipping (i.e., becomes canon), or even if it ever will, but we're all hopeful it will make it through.

So in conclusion, yeah, it's hard to assign a percent chance to any of this because we're dealing with wildly different beasts here, with the ship being at odds with the anime itself rather than any notable rival ships, and both of them are shaping up to be forces to be reckoned with. At this point, especially since Episodes 59 and 60, this battle has pretty much turned into an unstoppable force (Amourshipping) versus an immovable object (the show's usual method of operation), and that, to me, is what makes this ship so much fun and exciting to watch unfold!

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
These are some of the Amourshipping fanfics that I have wrote.

True Love Will Always Go First

A Day at the Ketchum Household

Unnecessary Resistance

Amourshipping: Valentine's Day Special (Oneshot)

ErinDingo and Yveltal91057 Welcome to the thread! ^_^
Yveltal91057 nice lists of fanfics!

Now another just for fun scenario:
Assume that Serena is now a famous Pokemon performer and she has a lot of admirer. She wanted to avoid too much attention from other boys so she declares that Ash is her boyfriend, even though he isn't and this surprised everyone especially Ash. How would Serena explain this to Ash?

Mewtario mentions other ships in comparison- which includes all the previous Ash ships. There is one thing I would like you to note. Much as I liked Advance and Pearl, I must admit those ships never existed in the anime. Advance- I simply loved the kind of relationship Ash and May shared- and also the incredible number of similarities. Yet in true technicality, that ship didn't exist in the sense that, it was never acknowledged and pushed by the writers. Same goes for Pearl, much as I hate to say it. I loved Dawn as a character, I loved the interactions between her and Ash, I loved the bond they shared. Yet it came to nothing, again because the ship was never acknowledged.

RocketShipping and PokeShipping fall in the "in between" category. We have seen hints that seem to suggest those ideas, but nowhere was it canon- even if one-sided. This is what sets Amour apart really. We can't even say that the writers acknowledged Amour, because they created it and pushed it in the first place! It isn't like Serena was already in the anime, and we shipped the two, but her feelings were ambiguous, like May, Dawn or Misty, and then due to fans' reactions, they acknowledged it and pushed it further. Hence I am actually pegging the chance between 50-60%! I don't intend to disrespect any other ship here when I say all this, don't get me wrong.

Assume that Serena is now a famous Pokemon performer and she has a lot of admirer. She wanted to avoid too much attention from other boys so she declares that Ash is her boyfriend, even though he isn't and this surprised everyone especially Ash. How would Serena explain this to Ash?

You know what? That will be fun. xD She would ask Ash to play along at first, while she would secretly enjoy it. And then she might say, "I love you" and all that, secretly meaning every word of it. That might actually give Ash some ideas as well! :D Now if you don't mind, may I use this for my fanfic? One chapter for this seems quite apt.

As such, this scenario isn't new to me. Been there done that xD

mega snorlax

Well look who's back!

Anyways, the biggest roadblock in this ship is for me something much bigger than love rivals... it's the Quagsire himself. Trust me, the writers will have a hard time figuring how to introduce solid Ash hints while trying to keep him in character. How they will pull this off, we have yet to see.
Somehow, I don't think there is a need to worry about Ash being interested (if he is) in trainer type females. Serena wins by a landslide thanks to her culinary skills. Which I'm sure will be the only thing that matters to Ash.

From a neutral perspective, I think there's a 60% chance of the ship being canon. I don't see how the writers would wriggle their way out of this, though they could probably pull that GS Ball BS.

Last edited:
You know what? That will be fun. xD She would ask Ash to play along at first, while she would secretly enjoy it. And then she might say, "I love you" and all that, secretly meaning every word of it. That might actually give Ash some ideas as well! :D Now if you don't mind, may I use this for my fanfic? One chapter for this seems quite apt.

As such, this scenario isn't new to me. Been there done that xD

Sure thing! ^_^

You know what? Ughh! No! Must...Resist..writing...one-....shot...Arrghh!!

Preview:
Scene: Serena has won in Tripokelon again. We see a lot of confetti and balloons and banners dedicated to her.
"Serena you did it! I knew you can do it!" Ash said .
"Oh, W-well I wouldn't be able to do it without your guidance." Says a blushing Serena.
"Eh? I always knew that you had it in you." Says a confident Ash.

Scene: We now see a lot of fans surrounding Serena, especially fanboys.
"Wait? S-Serena?" Ash was now bewildered of the crowd's sudden appearance.
"Waawaaawaa!? I never thought I'd get famous like this...." Says Serena who seemed to be not used to the attention.

Scene: We now see a lot of boys offering their hands to Serena.
"Ehh? A date!? Oh, uhh, I'm not sure...Eh? Those flowers are for me? I love them, but..." Serena is still not sure how to handle her own fans.
"(Oh, how should I get myself out of this situation!? I guess I have no choice) Everyone! I.....I... I'm sorry but...I-I already have a BOYFRIEND!!! H-h-his name is ASH!" Declares Serena as she blushes heavily.
"EEEEEEHHHH!!??" Everyone shouted including Ash.
"Wait, WHAT!?" Ash added in shock.

Scene: We now see all the fanboys staring at Ash furiously.
"Sorry Ash, I'll explain things to you later" Says an apologetic Serena.
"Next time in Pocket Monsters XY! Unexpected revelations! A battle for Serena's heart!? Everyone get your own Pokemon!"

matthew11

8000 MMR
Now that I have caught up with the anime, I assume my points has been already raised. But none of that now, I'll be giving my points about:

XY061: Looks like no significant hints occurred here other than Kojiro commenting, or rather giving a reason behind Serena's change in style. But no she didn't react accordingly to my expectation, but that is enough for a hint.

XY062: Absolutely no hints here. But, why.... didn't they make Team Flare the antagonist of that episode? It's.... such a waste...

XY063: Now here is what I claim as a full hint episode. No, not an Amour hint, but the writers' acknowledgement of love in the series. Although my memory of a love-centric episode is kinda vague, I don't think I remember any of these kind of episodes being aired. I would greatly appreciate of anyone can correct me on this.

XY064: The only hint I saw here was in the battle between Serena and Elle, where Elle mentioned something about... strategic performing I believe? And then Serena looks at Satoshi, who is, to my dismay, isn't looking back, but was looking at the opponent's Pokemon *sigh*.

Note that I don't consider something like close-distances as hints. And now... I think I found the reason behind Satoshi's age-proof body.

The anime, if past precedent is anything to go by, is effectively a Bermuda Triangle of shipping: many ships have entered in an attempt to pass through, most have sunk or simply disappeared without sufficient explanation, the main ones to have survived are the COTD pairings that only pass into the edge of the place and then immediately turn around and leave, and the one exception is Rocketshipping, which previous ships have occasionally spotted sailing around inside of there for the past several years yet it seems to be indefinitely trapped or lost in there; Rocketshipping can almost be seen as a ghost ship.

That's a good thought about the existence of ships on the show. But your theory of ships' existence disappearing without decent closure isn't really based on the show, but rather on our imagination. Shippings are beliefs of two characters are in a romantic relationship. Any in-show facts isn't involved in it other than what we frequently call "hints". And based on this hints, we generate theories of why it happened, expanding its field, and sometimes gradually increasing the likelihood of connection between it and some in-show facts that somewhat or somehow contribute to the ship or some character description that establishes a great foundation of a ship. One major reason why we flip our tables when we don't receive expected major hints in certain times. It's just an amazing form of...

[imgsize=400]https://nauraushaun.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/spongebob_imagination_by_kssael.png[/imgsize]

But, one thing that is exempted to this is Serena's crush. It isn't created from our imagination. It is a fact. Although it isn't blatantly said in the show, it is very obvious, much more if you put between her and the main character a childhood background that starts out similar as a puppy love. And about Rocketshipping... yeah it's still in our heads.

Ummm...

[*]No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
[*]Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping so episode discussions and speculation of individual characters are not allowed unless it is related back to Amourshipping. Also, discussions involving other ships are not allowed here.

I think you are fully aware of these rules by now. Discussing about other ships is enough, but comparing their existence with Amour's is just too much. Even of you say you aren't bashing them, you are still bringing them up here, which is, according to the rules, is not allowed.

Now... time to go break the Dire's Ancient!!

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
ErinDingo and Yveltal91057 Welcome to the thread! ^_^
Yveltal91057 nice lists of fanfics!

Now another just for fun scenario:

(Crashes through the ceiling) Oh hey,never thought I come back here during my school break,but hey duty calls.
Well this is interesting,I would say maybe they would both have an awkward conversation and Serena would bluff her way out.And Ash being dense would believe it and Serena would feel relived and frustrated at how oblivious he is

Ballzeh

Well look who's back!

Somehow, I don't think there is a need to worry about Ash being interested (if he is) in trainer type females. Serena wins by a landslide thanks to her culinary skills. Which I'm sure will be the only thing that matters to Ash.

True. I was looking for another female companion with such culinary skills but nothing comes out (Cilan maybe ? haha). I'd like to agree with you but there is the point : Ash's most favorite things are Pokemon battles and food so... I just mentionned Anabel because, in this episode, it was the first time i saw Ash "liking" another girl !
And dont get me wrong, i dont say that because i wanna see another girl to show up and mess Amour up ! :eek: I was just answering the question :)

I do think it would be the best thing to do ! This way, Serena would be able to express her feelings to Ash. Slowly but surely. :)

And now... I think I found the reason behind Satoshi's age-proof body.

Well, I dont think this can be considered as a proof. It just could be a wink made by the creator for someone he cares about. Maybe his wife and daughter... Who knows ? It wouldnt be the first we ever saw this.

Romeo&May

How about making Pikachu realize Serena's infatuation towards Ash much before Ash even gets a slightest hunch of it?
I always liked this scenario,may be they can use Pikachu as an instrument to bring Ash and Serena closer?

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
How about making Pikachu realize Serena's infatuation towards Ash much before Ash even gets a slightest hunch of it?
I always liked this scenario,may be they can use Pikachu as an instrument to bring Ash and Serena closer?

This reminds me of when someone pitched the idea back when amourshipping didn't have quite-as-apparent canon prospects as it does now, where someone proposed that Serena confides her feelings in Fennekin, and high jinks ensue from there.

I personally like the idea of her confiding in Braixen while saying not to tell Ash, with Braixen later getting the sly idea to tell Pikachu and the two of them proceeding to "accidentally" get the two trainers into silly situations. (Think along the lines of tripping one of them to cause the other to have to catch them, etc.)

Last edited:

Dinomeyt

So, was going to talk about the possibility of another flashback from Professor Oak's camp coming back and strengthening Amourshipping (maybe Ash remembers something about Serena), but then my computer unplugged from it's charger and died before I could send said post. Oh well, maybe I will save it for after the Mega Evolution Special Act III airs so as to keep this thread fresh. So, in my attempts to keep said forum fresh, I thought I would expand on the question I asked when I first joined Serebii. The question is more of a list, wherein I hope that you can discuss/compliment/argue each others posts. I will explain the rules following the question.

List your TOP 5 Amourshipping hints. If you have more than 5, give me your TOP 10 hints

Here are the rules. 1) Animators hints are allowed. 2) You can use hints that are provided in the dub and not the sub/original Japanese version. I am not Bulbapedia and as a result will allow the hints in the dub to be viewed as acceptable. 3) Music (whether it be intro/outro music or music in the anime), posters, hints in movies, etc are all allowed. These aren't as strong as the hints in the actual anime, but they were made by the same company so they will count in my book. 5) Think outside the box. 6) You can ignore my rules and do whatever you want. So without further ado, I give you my top 5 hints

5: The poster from Animedia Magazine. For those who are wondering what I am talking about, this poster displays an image of Ash (with Pikachu) and Serena on a boat, sitting next to each other and holding drinks. The flashback hug can be viewed as Amourshipping's Image, but this one comes very close to taking that title. I am not an "Aww, look at those two" kind of guy. In fact, I'm the guy who would rather ruin the moment or throw up. But this image is adorable and it occasionally serves as my desktop image.

4: The music that plays in interactions between Ash and Serena. Now, I'm going to cheat in that I am going to give one piece of music from the English Dub and Japanese versions. In the English dub, there is a flute piece that plays during these personal moments with Ash and Serena. I will admit, the English dub soundtrack sucks eggs compared to the Japanese. But this flute piece is the exception because it's beautifully played and placed in the right moments with these two. I expect this to be played at the end of XY, and I expect myself to cry fountains when I hear it. As for the Japanese, Laverre City theme song. Granted it's been used elsewhere in the anime, but we all associate it with the flashback. And it is the anthem of our cause.

3: This one is going to stump a lot of you, but #3 is Pikachu at the beginning of XY006. Since the Original Series, our little electric mouse has, in a sense, been glued to Ash's shoulder or by his side in everything Ash does (unless he is kidnapped by Team Rocket or possessed by some strange power). As a result, my jaw dropped when I saw Pikachu leave Ash and Serena alone as soon as Serena asked Ash if he remembered her. I feel that little hint is a foreshadowing of things to come (hopefully)

2: As much as I wanted to give this to XY026, I feel that if I ignore XY007 that I'm not doing my job as an Amourshipper correctly. It's the reason we are all here. As soon as we saw that flashback and that the ship became half-canon, I got excited. The flashback, Ash asking Serena to join the group (something he has never done before), the blush after Ash remembers her, the cookies, the flashback. This episode put this ship in a league of it's own. Now lets hope it doesn't get the treatment the last strong ship in this anime received. However, this is not my top hint, but rather that title belongs to....

1: The blue ribbon. If all the ships were in a race before XY59 and 60, I would say Amour and Poke would be neck and neck with the other ships dragging behind. After Ash gave Serena the ribbon as a gift and Serena used said ribbon in her future design, Amour took the lead and left the other ships in the dust. If Laverre City is the theme to Amour and the hug in the flashback is the image, then the ribbon is the symbol. Ash giving it to Serena shows me that his feelings for Serena are more than just those of friendship and Serena using it in her design to serve as the centerpiece told me that Ash means more to her than ever before.

Last edited:

calvinhobbesliker

5. The scene in XY007 where Serena gives Ash the cookies is really cute, especially with Bonnie saying "Aw, why just Ash?" In any case, food is probably one of the best ways she can get him to love her back.

4. I really adore the scene in the movie where Ash holds Serena's hand to help her cross the log, and then she continues holding his hand as she pulls him down. This scene is so cute and adorable.

3. The flashback in XY007 was really cute, especially with the music (I liked both the Japanese and dubbed versions of the music). I think it's also the only time Ash has hugged a girl?

2. The cliff scene was pretty nice too, with them having a good discussion about their dreams and Serena taking care of Ash. It was also cute how Ash was staring at her at one point in the scene.

1. Of course, my top hint is the blue ribbon. Is was very sweet of Ash to give it to her, even if he just won it, and the scene where Ash noticed it on her new outfit was just the most adorable thing, with his complimenting her appearance and her blush.

Ballzeh

5. The scene in XY021 when Serena wears the Fennekin suit ! Ash's face is literally priceless :D I'm sure this is the first time he ever saw a girl that cute !

4. The end of XY026 when Miette warns her that she will confess Serena's feelings to Ash if she doesnt do it by herself. The way she blushed was just too cute :)

3. In the movie, Serena's look to Ash is just a loving one and in the end (credits), Serena is making a wish and Ash is looking at her (kinda) tenderly too.

2. XY040 : the whole cliff scene is just so nice ! I especially adored the moment when Ash gave her hat back and how he stared at her when she fed her Fennekin.

1. XY059&060 : All about the blue ribbon :p To me, those moments were really the point of no return of the shipping.

matthew11

8000 MMR

I don't think that would be entertaining, tbh. I mean, there are a lot more characters there that have the potential to notice her feelings. If it was Pikachu, who is Satoshi's best bud, iiiiyeah it's not that entertaining. There would be teases here and there from him, and we don't know what Pikachu's saying!

List your TOP 5 Amourshipping hints. If you have more than 5, give me your TOP 10 hints

I'll list them later, and that's some list of rules o_0.

Well, I dont think this can be considered as a proof. It just could be a wink made by the creator for someone he cares about. Maybe his wife and daughter... Who knows ? It wouldnt be the first we ever saw this.

Can't take a joke, can you? Lol It's a fan theory for cryin' out loud! And it's not even solid.

Free one liners you are racist to them we want one liners!

And as for you, save your one-liner racist protests for elsewhere. You, sir, are too naive. 1 warning given.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Top 5 hints ya say?Alright then.

5.XY021:Of course it had to be the blank stare,while some may argue this wasn't the first time Ash had blankly stared at a girl in a different outfit.But this one is more noticeable.I mean seriously everyone else in the group were going gaga over Serena's Fennekin costume(even Froakie and Flecthling for crying out loud!)

4.XY007:Serena giving the cookies to Ash.I don't remember a time where a Pokegirl would bake for Ash.Especially the fact it was the first episode she traveled with the group.I guess she has heard of the saying:“The only way to a man's heart is though his stomach." XD

3.M17:This is pretty much a tie between Serena staring at Ash from the tent and Ash helping Serena over a log.Something about Serena's face when Ash and Diancie were making a wish at night.Its like she's thinking:Yeah,that's the boy I love telling people to never give up."I'm pretty sure the scene with Ash helping Serena over was the writers way of telling us we haven't forgotten about the ship yet.We see Bonnie climbing over the log just fine,and here we have Ash being a gentleman helping a lady cross a log.

2.XY040:The whole talk with Ash and Serena when they were at the bottom of a cliff.It was pretty nice seeing Ash tell Serena to take her time with finding her dream.The part where Serena helps with Ash's leg was nice little homage to when they were kids

1.XY059:Ash giving the gift to Serena.Of all the people Ash could have given this to,he chose Serena.This also feels like an homage to XY007 with hint I mentioned above,like Ash decided to return the favor for the cookies and gave Serena the blue ribbon that will forever be on her clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.