• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomyno

No way! Serena was blushing while Tierno's proposal? Should we be worried. I saw the pictures on the main page and there were definitely no signs of rejection or looking at Ash. It seemed like she either likes both Ash and Tierno ( which would be disaster ) or we have to stop counting blushing as a hint because it is her natural reaction.

mavyric

No way! Serena was blushing while Tierno's proposal? Should we be worried. I saw the pictures on the main page and there were definitely no signs of rejection or looking at Ash. It seemed like she either likes both Ash and Tierno ( which would be disaster ) or we have to stop counting blushing as a hint because it is her natural reaction.

OK, first off, it wasn't a proposal, Tierno was just complimenting and "fanboying" over Serena's new look, albeit in a more questionable way. Serena even had a tiny backwards shuffle during that scene since she was a bit unnerved by Tierno's antics.

Secondly, it's a natural reaction to blush when you get embarrassed or feel shy. Serena has blushed numerous times from other people complimenting her now, so I don't see what the big deal is. Blushes can still count as hints, but you have to take notice of the context. A quick rule-of-thumb is that when she's blushing passively (someone else says something to her) it's just a sign of embarrassment. When she does it actively while talking to Ash, it can count as a hint. On that note, I don't even know why we count hints like these for Serena anymore....it's pretty much canon that she has a crush on Ash. No need for hints when you have facts.

And lastly, despite everyone going bonkers over Tierno's appearance and gestures, he actually helped push the ship along. He was the one that suggested for the group to split up to search for TRio, and he was the one that paired himself with Bonnie so Ash would be paired with Serena. If anything, we should thank him for his appearance! (too bad nothing came out of it)

Last edited:

dp045

If we stop taking all times Serena blushes because as you say it is just a natural reaction, the thing is that most of the time spent was about Ash as when recalled or spoke directly to him, as often as Shauna was flattered as when recognized or would, Linda said it was normal that reaction, Tierno equals these cases but is like saying that because I do not outright rejection means you have a taste for it so it does not mean that (again ¬¬) is the end of this post. For I do not believe that more tests or progress in a POSSIBLE affective relationship between Ash and Serena until later when there is some development of some of them.

Last edited:

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
I have no idea why, because I read plenty of long winded stuff, but the first sentence of the first paragraph, I didn't understand it at all. But I think I got the basic idea: that Ash is defending Serena subtly not once, but twice. Is that it? I feel so silly that I got lost. But if it's what I said, yeah. It is an interesting thought. Probably the slow and subtle development of Ash/Satoshi that someone (or group of people?) pointed out some time ago, I don't remember who.
No, my intended meaning was how when he throws his hands out in front of her in XY054, both of his arms mirror each other. It's as if he's simply blockading everything behind him simply in general. In this most recent episode, his right arm is in that same position, but his left arm has nuances in how it's bent, where it's more specifically protecting her than the general "stand back" pose of XY054.

New here!

After following this thread, I'm finally here.
I am a total Amourshipper through and through. I've always loved Ash and as I grew up , I wanted him also to grow up and fall in love. Now, that Serena is here. I have hope!
I just want to point out something you guys have missed out. If you closely see the Mad paced getter opening , in the scene where Ash tries to carry Clemont on his back, he looks at Serena and then tries to carry him. Serena is stretching then notices Ash. It's like Ash wanted to impress Serena and gain attention. Just check it out! ;267;

Viex

I have noticed that part too. It's a very small detail. Ash glances at Serena then she looks at him when he looks away. Could be something or could be nothing.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Nothing much in the newest episode,maybe Ash putting his hand in front of Serena but that's debatable.
What I did learned from this episode though is Goodra has become the most OP Pokemon next to Charizard

Yeah. It could be something or nothing! I just love how the animators are doing things! They give in small details. Like our Backpack shipping!

Huhuhu, you mean this scene, right?

https://twitter.com/serena_pokeXY/status/581036711230095360

This Tierno ep didn't have obvious SatoSere scene, unfortunately. This heroic-like scene is the closest thing to the "moment", I think.

I think this is a hint. I called the corresponding scene in XY048 and also XY054 as a hint; and so did most of us. So I don't see why this can't be given the same status.

And are you really thinking that Tierno is going to be a rival for AmourShipping? Well...I won't even try to argue then. Honestly I have been around in the days when we had every reason to worry about the ship falling apart- when Serena got her dream, and we worried very less. And now when we have no reason to worry, you are finding one.

Last edited:

Ballzeh

Well, Serena blushed when Elle said she is a cute girl ! Should we be worried ? :p

About the whole "Tierno is going to be a rival for Amourshipping": Definitively not ! Even if I got a bit anxious by the kneeling scene, this episode totally reassured me. She just blushed because she felt embarassed by the compliment, nothing more. And if Tierno really was in love with Serena, he would have asked her to team up with him ! (I would definitively do that).

That was a great episode for Ash but not a great one for us, Amourshippers :(
I don't think the "protecting" scene can be considered as a hint because Ash would have done that for everyone I guess... Even if this kind of scenes got the "hint" status and I still don't understand why ^^' They should be in the case of Ash deliberately choosing Serena over someone else.

Honestly I have been around in the days when we had every reason to worry about the ship falling apart- when Serena got her dream, and we worried very less. And now when we have no reason to worry, you are finding one.

Wow. You said it all !

Off the subject : I totally ship Dedenne and Sliggoo -Goodra. :3

Zack_in_Black

Truly Electrifying
Well I just watched the episode and I am happy with it as an evolution episode pretty much.

I do believe that there were a couple of minor hints included in the episode, but nothing very strong. I liked when Ash arm-barred Serena when the robot popped up almost as a way of protecting her, but this depends on how you interpret Ash's posture at that time. It could be that he is protecting her, or it could just be that he was doing his normal thing where he throws his arms back whenever TR shows up or when he calls out an attack.

Serena blushing while talking to Ash at the beginning of the episode was interesting, but since my Jap is quite rudimentary, I am not all that sure what she was saying that would merit a blush.

And Ash and Serena splitting up with Tierno and Bonnie, that was somewhat interesting as well. I would have thought that Ash would go with Tierno. Who sends a little girl out with someone that you haven't known for all that long. I would have assumed Serena would go with her, but if I remember correctly, it was Serena who came up with the idea of splitting up and going with Ash.

And I liked the last scene where they were looking at Lumiose City from that cliff. When the focus was on Ash and Serena for so long, not a hint of sorts, but it was still a nice scene in my opinion. It would have been better if Serena was looking at him or they were looking at each other, but still a nice scene.

And in regards to Tierno, I think that it's going to be a running gag that occurs whenever the group runs into him. I was actually surprised when he did the same thing he did when he first met her. The whole being on one knee and stuff when he was talking to Serena was weird in my opinion. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that at some point I think it might irritate Ash and you might get a reaction from him, or we might get something where Serena flat-out rejects his "proposals" and Tierno becomes suspicious as to why. This running gag might eventually add to the ship if something like that happened and it wouldn't be all that annoying eventually.

I in no way see any reason to ever worry about this all. Tierno is there simply for filler and to add a bit of quirkiness to his character. Nothing more nothing less. The only reason she blushed was out of embarrassment. Eventually it could add up to being more of a way of advancing amour like I stated in my previous paragraph, but he will never threaten the ship. He could come up to Serena with a ring and it wouldn't do anything because of how much Serena has feelings for Ash. Serena will never go for anyone but Ash in this series. Serena has pretty much passed every test there is. The biggest being that her new dream didn't effect it and actually strengthened it when she changed her design with the ribbon.

Edit: Could everyone please work on the one-liners, it is becoming quite common and is slightly annoying. And if you are going to ask for links and stuff like that, please add to the post, because just asking for a link isn't relevant to the topic at hand. Please make a relevant post and make it substantial enough to merit more than one line.

Last edited:

Waterquaza

Hi. New member here.

I've been a pokemon fan ever since the beggining and after BW I thought I was done with the series, then XY came and I have to say if it wasn't for amourshipping I don't think i would watch the anime again (of course I know this isn't the main point of pokemon but anyway) and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. This ship is so strong that when the preview of ep65 came out and tierno made the scene with serena a lot of people forgot about goodra, which is more related to the show.

About tierno I never saw him as a threat. That scene in the preview was put there just to see the fan's reaction in my opinion. As for ash's reaction I don't think it's a big deal as he's seen brock do it all the time and never had any luck. Since ash as yet to know the concept of romance it's gonna be a challenge for the writters to develop it and this might take a long time as it can't be just put there in 1 episode or 2. However we have seen ash doing things for his female companion that wasn't been done with others (inviting serena to the group, being very kind to her, give her a present) so we can see he's matured a lot throughout the XY series but how much is yet to know. As for serena the writters had the perfect chance to end the ship once and for all in episode 60: when serena decides to chance herself in her mind she could've said: "ash will never feel the same for me, I got other things I want more, blah, blah...", and not only it didn't end but it became more serious and that to me is when this ship reached a point of no return. If this ship does not happen or at least has some closure (eg. serena confessing to ash) then I'm really done with the anime.

As for the next episodes, I think we'll have reasons to be worried if we don't see some major hint between ash gym battle and serena's next showcase or maybe in laverre town because of the as theme. We'll just have to pacient and hope for the best.

Sorry for some misktakes english is not my main language.

AshSerena

Well I just watched the episode and I am happy with it as an evolution episode pretty much.

I do believe that there were a couple of minor hints included in the episode, but nothing very strong. I liked when Ash arm-barred Serena when the robot popped up almost as a way of protecting her, but this depends on how you interpret Ash's posture at that time. It could be that he is protecting her, or it could just be that he was doing his normal thing where he throws his arms back whenever TR shows up or when he calls out an attack.

Serena blushing while talking to Ash at the beginning of the episode was interesting, but since my Jap is quite rudimentary, I am not all that sure what she was saying that would merit a blush.

And Ash and Serena splitting up with Tierno and Bonnie, that was somewhat interesting as well. I would have thought that Ash would go with Tierno. Who sends a little girl out with someone that you haven't known for all that long. I would have assumed Serena would go with her, but if I remember correctly, it was Serena who came up with the idea of splitting up and going with Ash.

And I liked the last scene where they were looking at Lumiose City from that cliff. When the focus was on Ash and Serena for so long, not a hint of sorts, but it was still a nice scene in my opinion. It would have been better if Serena was looking at him or they were looking at each other, but still a nice scene.

And in regards to Tierno, I think that it's going to be a running gag that occurs whenever the group runs into him. I was actually surprised when he did the same thing he did when he first met her. The whole being on one knee and stuff when he was talking to Serena was weird in my opinion. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that at some point I think it might irritate Ash and you might get a reaction from him, or we might get something where Serena flat-out rejects his "proposals" and Tierno becomes suspicious as to why. This running gag might eventually add to the ship if something like that happened and it wouldn't be all that annoying eventually.

I in no way see any reason to ever worry about this all. Tierno is there simply for filler and to add a bit of quirkiness to his character. Nothing more nothing less. The only reason she blushed was out of embarrassment. Eventually it could add up to being more of a way of advancing amour like I stated in my previous paragraph, but he will never threaten the ship. He could come up to Serena with a ring and it wouldn't do anything because of how much Serena has feelings for Ash. Serena will never go for anyone but Ash in this series. Serena has pretty much passed every test there is. The biggest being that her new dream didn't effect it and actually strengthened it when she changed her design with the ribbon.

Edit: Could everyone please work on the one-liners, it is becoming quite common and is slightly annoying. And if you are going to ask for links and stuff like that, please add to the post, because just asking for a link isn't relevant to the topic at hand. Please make a relevant post and make it substantial enough to merit more than one line.

about the what serena saying at the beginning of episode, she asking about ash plan againts Clemont, analysing clemont pokemon and how to counter it, i dont know why she blushing on this one tho :p

nyway about Tierno, i can say nothing to worried about.like everyone said it is just a gag like how brock doing bfore.I only notice that, when Tierno Compliment serena outfit, u can see the blush on her face but not really that visible, its like zigzag thing. but if we remember the episode 60 when ash compliment serena looks, she blushing like crazy (or maybe because of the ribbon tho :/)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
No, my intended meaning was how when he throws his hands out in front of her in XY054, both of his arms mirror each other. It's as if he's simply blockading everything behind him simply in general. In this most recent episode, his right arm is in that same position, but his left arm has nuances in how it's bent, where it's more specifically protecting her than the general "stand back" pose of XY054.

Oh gosh, I feel so stupid...as I still don't understand what you mean... So you can just not explain anymore as I slowly try to figure out what you said. Gosh, I feel so stupid...

Zack_in_Black said:

^^

That would be nice. Pushing the ship even more and all, and maybe even having Tierno being remembered (or something) for pushing the ship if that actually happens. But the I feel the Ash part of what you said is unlikely if they don't introduce the idea of romance into Ash's head. By the ways, even though I actually didn't watch the episode (and besides, I wouldn't be able to understand it. XP) but I don't think I need to see it at this rate thanks to what everyone said about the episode (although I might watch it just because I want to see Goodra).

After seeing the episode, I must say that it was an awesome episode! I always liked evolution episode. No much hints but I loved how Ash protects Serena. Apart from hints, this episode was great. And Tierno is collecting badges? Is he going to participate in Kalos league then? I thought he wanted to be a dancer !! And I love how Ash won the double battle against Tierno! Goodra is damn powerful.

Hey, Do you think there might be some hints regarding Ash vs clemont battle? Whom will serena support? And will she again inspire Ash? And we don't know the third Pokemon Ash will use? What do you think?

Sheepy Lamby

After following this thread, I'm finally here.
I am a total Amourshipper through and through. I've always loved Ash and as I grew up , I wanted him also to grow up and fall in love. Now, that Serena is here. I have hope!
I just want to point out something you guys have missed out. If you closely see the Mad paced getter opening , in the scene where Ash tries to carry Clemont on his back, he looks at Serena and then tries to carry him. Serena is stretching then notices Ash. It's like Ash wanted to impress Serena and gain attention. Just check it out! ;267;

Hi. New member here.

I've been a pokemon fan ever since the beggining and after BW I thought I was done with the series, then XY came and I have to say if it wasn't for amourshipping I don't think i would watch the anime again (of course I know this isn't the main point of pokemon but anyway) and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. This ship is so strong that when the preview of ep65 came out and tierno made the scene with serena a lot of people forgot about goodra, which is more related to the show.

About tierno I never saw him as a threat. That scene in the preview was put there just to see the fan's reaction in my opinion. As for ash's reaction I don't think it's a big deal as he's seen brock do it all the time and never had any luck. Since ash as yet to know the concept of romance it's gonna be a challenge for the writters to develop it and this might take a long time as it can't be just put there in 1 episode or 2. However we have seen ash doing things for his female companion that wasn't been done with others (inviting serena to the group, being very kind to her, give her a present) so we can see he's matured a lot throughout the XY series but how much is yet to know. As for serena the writters had the perfect chance to end the ship once and for all in episode 60: when serena decides to chance herself in her mind she could've said: "ash will never feel the same for me, I got other things I want more, blah, blah...", and not only it didn't end but it became more serious and that to me is when this ship reached a point of no return. If this ship does not happen or at least has some closure (eg. serena confessing to ash) then I'm really done with the anime.

As for the next episodes, I think we'll have reasons to be worried if we don't see some major hint between ash gym battle and serena's next showcase or maybe in laverre town because of the as theme. We'll just have to pacient and hope for the best.

Sorry for some misktakes english is not my main language.

Welcome to the thread dudes! :D hope you enjoy this place!

This last episode had no hints... lets be patient and wait until the battle against Clemont... and even if that episode doesn't give us explicit hints, it can show us Serena cheering/motivating Ash during that battle!

Just a little piece of advice to some old members, let's turn negatives into positives, episodes without hints don't mean the end of the world... :)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

After seeing the episode, I must say that it was an awesome episode! I always liked evolution episode. No much hints but I loved how Ash protects Serena. Apart from hints, this episode was great. And Tierno is collecting badges? Is he going to participate in Kalos league then? I thought he wanted to be a dancer !! And I love how Ash won the double battle against Tierno! Goodra is damn powerful.

Hey, Do you think there might be some hints regarding Ash vs clemont battle? Whom will serena support? And will she again inspire Ash? And we don't know the third Pokemon Ash will use? What do you think?

There probably won't be that many hints in the gym battle but their might be a few. As to who Serena will support I would imagine that she would support Ash. Also in regards to will she inspire Ash again possibly. As to Ash's third pokemon that he will use in the gym battle it hasn't been confirmed but most likely Hawlucha. Also Tierno is most likely a league rival and yes he wants to be a dancer but trying to win the league with his dancing style is a good way for him to make himself more well known and possibly popular.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was personally disappointed by the lack of shipping material present in the latest episode; I kind of wanted to see a substantial shipping moment arise from either Ash or Serena due to Tierno's gag, but the scene didn't turn out that well imo. Sigh. I guess I'll just wait for new episode titles/summaries. Maybe we'll get another AmourShipping themed episode soon?

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
It was a heck of a lot of fun how Serena has such a massive smile on her face when Ash gets his Goodra and completely wipes the floor with Tierno. Her enthusiasm at the sight of him battling can also be compared with his enthusiasm at the sight of her battling in the previous episode.

Also, did the blue ribbon become self-aware? I ask because it appears to have considerably increased in size for the duration of Tierno's gag: 053.jpg

Hey, Amourians.

I haven't seen the episode yet but judging by the comments earlier, I suppose we didn't had much amour moments but Ash displayed another heroism and him and Serena got separated on purpose. With regards to Tierno, I think you guys shouldn't worry about him since he was simply fanboying over Serena's new looks but that's it. I mean if he were head over heeels to her, he would have suggested to stay with Serena during the separation and he should have been more affectionate towards her.

Now for the blushing thing. Personally, I don't take it too seriously. For me, the only blushes that counted as affections so far are as follows:
XY7: Serena's blushing when Ash finally remembers her and when she gave Ash cookies.
XY26: When Miette Threatens Serena
XY60: When she confirms the ribbon that she's using was the ribbon Ash gave her.

The rest are merely due to her excitement, shyness, concern, etc. Thus, why I give her the nickname, "Tomato girl". Anyway, Tomato girl just simply loves to blush a lot of times. Since I haven't seen today's episode, I can't tell what kind of blush she had when she talked to Ash or when Tierno kneeled down in front of her, though I am assuming it was simply because of what she and Ash were talking about that made her blush and I think it's normal for a girl to blush like that when a boy does an awkward thing such as kneeling down. My point here is that maybe you guys should be careful on picking which blush determines which. She does have a crush on Ash so it's perfectly normal for her to blush but it wouldn't mean that she'll always blush due her affection, there can always be time when she'll blush whenever she's excited or happy of whatever they were talking about. The same goes for the others, it wouldn't always mean affection from Tomato girl. There can always be a reason behind it. The same goes for the rest of what you guys so called subtle hints or animator's hints.

As for this:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBBBzxiUYAAXeQP.jpg[/img139]

I don't know about you guys but it looked more like Ash is simply in his battle stance rather than protecting Tomato girl. The camera angle just made it looked like he does. Though again, I can be wrong here since I haven't seen the episode itself, it would help at the very least if someone can provide a gif for us to see how it actually looked like.

One last thing, I know Clemont fanboys/fangirls would hate me for saying this but I really enjoy his temporary absence in the show. I don't know but that's how I feel, I enjoy seeing Ash, Serena and Bonnie on their own. It's just.....Perfect, at least for me. Possibly since Clemont wouldn't be hugging more moments and screentime. I kinda wish that Clemont leaves permanently but that's just wishful thinking. Oh man, I feel and sounded like a horrible person for saying that, lol but that's just how I really feel.

Well, that's all for now. Sayonara!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.