• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
As for this:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBBBzxiUYAAXeQP.jpg[/img139]

I don't know about you guys but it looked more like Ash is simply in his battle stance rather than protecting Tomato girl. The camera angle just made it looked like he does. Though again, I can be wrong here since I haven't seen the episode itself, it would help at the very least if someone can provide a gif for us to see how it actually looked like.

The case that I make is that when he's simply in his battle stance, his arms are completely straight. In that image, however, you can see that only the arm opposite Serena is in this "battle stance," while the arm to her side of him is bent. Where it's covering on her in particular (from this angle it looks to be somewhere above the waist) can be debated due to camera angles etc., and while camera angling can make a bent arm appear straight, no camera angle will make a straight arm appear bent: that's simply not how geometry works.

As I am new here! I'd like to share my feelings on Amourshipping. Childhood love is very special. It is special to me, coz I am also in love with my childhood friend! I have followed Pokemon from the first episode but I skipped the BW series! Just watched few episodes! XY is the best thing that happened to us. With Ash maturing and Serena's one true love and The exciting battles!

My favourite episode of all is XY60. This whole episode was quite dramatic and at the same time cute! Serena is determined to win it. With Ash's saying 'nothing you do will ever prove to be pointless', she styles her Fennekin up and walks the ramp. A certain dialogue she says 'You know Fennekin, I'm having fun though' (or something like tht) Then, Fennekin trips. That part hit right through my kokoro! Serena sat there with sadness. She pretended she was fine before others. The best thing was that Ash trusts her and knows that she is strong. That confidence, ashy-boy! (I'm sounding like Gary :p). Now the best scene of the year! Serena breaks down and gosh her crying was so melancholy. I cried too! With AZ's theme and eternal prison theme, the scene was more heartbreaking. The way she holds up herself , took the scissors and thinking about her journey and *snip* CUT her hair! :eek: With the sun rising, Serena rised too! I'm so proud of her! :* Her new design is just so perfect!! Serena deserves to be the next Kalos Queen...

I'd like to ask you now, what is your favourite episode of XY series? And Why?

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
It was a heck of a lot of fun how Serena has such a massive smile on her face when Ash gets his Goodra and completely wipes the floor with Tierno. Her enthusiasm at the sight of him battling can also be compared with his enthusiasm at the sight of her battling in the previous episode.

Also, did the blue ribbon become self-aware? I ask because it appears to have considerably increased in size for the duration of Tierno's gag: View attachment 14489

Why do I feel like it's an obvious symbolism for Amourshipping
Like Serena is saying: Do you not see this big blue ribbon on my shirt?My boyfriend gave it to me!"

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Setsuna F Seiei said:

Now I understand Mewtario's previous post... I feel so stupid that Mewtario meant that in episode 54 of XY, he was standing guard and his arms were in the same position, ("mirror each other") while in the latest episode, his right arm is blocking, but his other arms looks bent and looks like he's blocking Serena specifically... Did I finally get it?

Either way, it seems rather suspiscious one him doing that. Could be a hint, or it could not, but, like I said, it's a bit suspiscious of being a hint.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks to those for suggesting those fics earlier. I'll give them a whirl when I can.

Now I understand Mewtario's previous post... I feel so stupid that Mewtario meant that in episode 54 of XY, he was standing guard and his arms were in the same position, ("mirror each other") while in the latest episode, his right arm is blocking, but his other arms looks bent and looks like he's blocking Serena specifically... Did I finally get it?

Either way, it seems rather suspiscious one him doing that. Could be a hint, or it could not, but, like I said, it's a bit suspiscious of being a hint.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks to those for suggesting those fics earlier. I'll give them a whirl when I can.

The case that I make is that when he's simply in his battle stance, his arms are completely straight. In that image, however, you can see that only the arm opposite Serena is in this "battle stance," while the arm to her side of him is bent. Where it's covering on her in particular (from this angle it looks to be somewhere above the waist) can be debated due to camera angles etc., and while camera angling can make a bent arm appear straight, no camera angle will make a straight arm appear bent: that's simply not how geometry works.

I don't know, that stance to me looked more like he's simply ready to battle. His right fist is closed. If he was trying to protect Tomato girl, he would have raised his arm higher (at least chest level. Camera angle suggests his hands is lower than that. You can also see him leaning forward a bit) and he should have had his hand opened like he's actually ready to defend her with whatever attack is coming her way. But again, I'm just merely speculating based on what I see on the screenshot. I still haven't seen the episode up till now so I wouldn't know much. Would be great if someone can make a gif or short vid. For now, I'm assuming he's simply on his battle stance.

Dinomeyt

Welcome to the thread dudes! :D hope you enjoy this place!

This last episode had no hints... lets be patient and wait until the battle against Clemont... and even if that episode doesn't give us explicit hints, it can show us Serena cheering/motivating Ash during that battle!

Just a little piece of advice to some old members, let's turn negatives into positives, episodes without hints don't mean the end of the world... :)

That last line you typed really makes me want to hug you, but instead I will give you a standing ovation. To the people who have been on here since the first amourshipping forum, please give this thing time to develop, especially with Ash. Right now, I am seeing the drawback of XY059-060: the huge Ash hints in these episodes have driven us nuts, desperately hoping for hints in every episode. Ash needs to be developed slowly, so as to make sure it isn't rushed. They aren't doing this to troll you, rather they are taking it slow with him because that is good writing. Unless Cupid comes down from his love cloud and shoots a love arrow into Ash, he (Ash) will be developing feelings for Serena at a steady pace. With Ash giving her the ribbon and complimenting (positively) on her new look when everyone else questions her decision, Ash is beginning to develop a strong liking to Serena. They will build up on those emotions slowly, which is the right way of doing this.

Now, for my opinion of the episode/next weeks episode: good interactions between Ash and Serena. Serena blushing when asking Ash about his strategy for Clemont was interesting, and honestly this tells me that the "Start off neutral but slowly start cheering for Ash/motivate him when he is in a rut facing Luxray" theory is turning into a strong possibility. The "protection" scene honestly looks like he is giving out a command/a battle stance. Goodra: holy crap is that thing a powerhouse. I looked at the moves it can learn on Bulbapedia and let me say this: If Ash keeps Goodra and has it learn just a few of these moves, it might be Ash's strongest Pokemon outside of Pikachu (yes, he can be as powerful as Charizard IF Ash gives it a good skillset). Now to Tierno. Not only do I see him as harmless to Amour, he might be a boost to it if Ash is developed correctly. Tierno was the one who decided Ash and Serena should go together and find the Pokemon. Why would Tierno send ASH AND SERENA TOGETHER when HE HAS A CRUSH ON HER? Granted, we are probably overreacting to this, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Next weeks episode: I honestly see no hints coming out of this episode. I would be very surprised to get anything, as this looks like a Clemont focused episode. I'll enjoy this episode for the humor of Officer Jenny ordering the arrest of a robot doing damage to humanity (thus breaking the First Law of Robotics). I do expect a decent Amourshipping hint (not a big one, keeping expectations realistic) during the Gym Battle though, so here's to Amour during the Lumiose Gym Battle!

TheEnigmatic97

A Random Passerby
Hi guys, I just happened to pass by this thread a few weeks ago, then I had to join in the fun.
To be honest, I don't know how to spot hints or find some things interesting until somebody actually points it out, and I thank this thread for helping me see more hints and find my conjecture that Ash and Serena fit for each other might work out well. I just felt it from the start, its too weird, as weird as confessing my crush to a classmate. Thanks to this thread, my conjecture keeps on getting stronger. I do hope Serena does confess and Ash replies accordingly, although I don't see this happening until very soon.

Enough with the introduction, I just watched the latest episode and I did notice the two (Ash and Serena) were well together from the start of the episode. It seems like the only time they weren't together was the time Tierno and Ash battled. (Not that away, I am sure she was watching. Just something to add, Goodra is strong, hands down.) I find this episode kinda sweet from the interactions of the two. I am just disappointed that this episode did not give anything big in terms of Amour, I actually expected Ash to be closer to Serena during the fire, trying to protect her or maybe Serena calling Ash for some reassurance, they were kinda quiet. Thinking it over, you don't just do things that may worsen the situation, just like being reckless in all movements. (okay, I'm overthinking the situation) Nevertheless, I'm satisfied. The spectacle I call "The two episodes after the Ramos battle" (Insert obligatory "any better name" comment here) was enough bigtime hints for the meantime. The Tierno-going-Brock-mode scene was kinda funny to be honest. Pretty much, I just find it as a gag, just like Bonnie going KEEP! And if Tierno did suggest that Ash be with Serena during that search-ish situation, the fanboying of Tierno may just be harmless.

I am excited with the next few episodes, especially with the Lumiose Gym battle, I am feeling that we might get something off that battle.

So that's what I'm feeling about Amour. Love is not my thing, it actually took me more than half an hour to type this. I hope I'm doing good.

By the way, I started to read some FanFics, and I have to say, I'm having a good time reading those, hopefully I get to write one from my mind, I am kinda bad at making up stories, what more with something that involves some level of love.

Ballzeh

As for this:

I don't know about you guys but it looked more like Ash is simply in his battle stance rather than protecting Tomato girl. The camera angle just made it looked like he does. Though again, I can be wrong here since I haven't seen the episode itself, it would help at the very least if someone can provide a gif for us to see how it actually looked like.

One last thing, I know Clemont fanboys/fangirls would hate me for saying this but I really enjoy his temporary absence in the show. I don't know but that's how I feel, I enjoy seeing Ash, Serena and Bonnie on their own. It's just.....Perfect, at least for me. Possibly since Clemont wouldn't be hugging more moments and screentime. I kinda wish that Clemont leaves permanently but that's just wishful thinking. Oh man, I feel and sounded like a horrible person for saying that, lol but that's just how I really feel.

Well, that's all for now. Sayonara!

Tomato girl huh ? :D

In my opinion, it is not just a "battle stance". His left arm is protecting Serena with the clenched fist meaning (to me) "You shall not pass" :p and his right arm is like commanding an order attack to Pikachu.
I'm not sure if someone can provide a gif for this scene because I watched it again and it's kinda static =/ You won't have another point of view. Anyway, this scene is totally about our own perception I guess.

About the Clemont's absence point : You know what ? I feel that too ! I do think it's a real benefit for the series that he is not there anymore. Dont get me wrong, I don't hate him or whatever but it would be interesting to see Bonnie's development without him. It could let the productors some allowance to let her make her own choices without the all "big brother restrictions". However, I don't feel like a horrible person because Clermont is definitively not the more interesting character in the casting -if not the last one. They can't push his development farther than the other characters : He is a young savant, a gym leader and a symbol for his city (by creating the Clemont shower) ... xD What else could he possibly do now ? Except going with Bonnie and helping her to become a trainer ?
Sorry I know it's kinda off the subject but I wanted to answer to Setsuna F Seiei. :)

P.S. : Welcome to the new Amourians :)

jason0597

Anyone who expected hints in an evolution episode was in for disappointment, the fact that we got these so called "Animator's hints" was simply to satisfy the hungry shippers.
What I did find curious is that they split up in such a way so that Ash and Serena would end up by themselves, almost like it was being set up.
And when Tierno bowed down for Serena, after he had finished talking Serena just said "Thank you". I will guess he complimented her on something.
In the end though, I'll just be patient and see if indeed something comes along that may be worthy of attention.
Also, here's some footage if anyone's interested.

Someone made a really good point about the image of Tierno proposing to Serena, and I decided to take it as far as I could:

All this time, we've been trying to gauge Ash's thoughts about the situation based on trying to decipher his facial expression.

Instead, take a look at his hands!

Usually when he's standing with both of his hands relaxed, his fingers are slightly curled. More specifically, the ends of his fingers curl, but the first segment of each of his fingers (technically known as the "proximal phalanges") are only bent slightly from the back of his hand, and the back of his hand makes a similarly gentle angle with his forearm. Insofar as I can see, however, in the Tierno screencap, it looks much more like his visible hand has sharper angles between both the first segments on his fingers and the back of his hand, and between the back of his hand compared to his forearm. On the hand that's on the far side from the camera, we have what seems to be closer to a profile view of his hand, for those who wish to give a second opinion on this observation.

To state it briefly, it appears to me as though he has his hands clenched into fists.

If I, and the person who first put this idea into my head, are accurate with this, even if he doesn't actively intervene in the episode, it would certainly be an interesting sign as to what he's actually thinking.
I'll just have to say that I believe this is overthinking it. Such tiny details I believe do not matter in the grand scheme of things.
It was a heck of a lot of fun how Serena has such a massive smile on her face when Ash gets his Goodra and completely wipes the floor with Tierno. Her enthusiasm at the sight of him battling can also be compared with his enthusiasm at the sight of her battling in the previous episode.

Also, did the blue ribbon become self-aware? I ask because it appears to have considerably increased in size for the duration of Tierno's gag: View attachment 14489
Haha, yes I did find that funny as well.

Could somebody please give the website-link, where you watch the episodes? I'm here hearing from everybody, who the episode is, but I cannot find one vid. Neither in japanese or with sub... Could you please help me?
I do not think that we are allowed to link such material in these forums. I'm afraid you'll have to search for yourself.

Anyone who expected hints in an evolution episode was in for disappointment, the fact that we got these so called "Animator's hints" was simply to satisfy the hungry shippers.
What I did find curious is that they split up in such a way so that Ash and Serena would end up by themselves, almost like it was being set up.
And when Tierno bowed down for Serena, after he had finished talking Serena just said "Thank you". I will guess he complimented her on something.
In the end though, I'll just be patient and see if indeed something comes along that may be worthy of attention.
Also, here's some footage if anyone's interested.

Okay, thanks for providing the gifs. After seeing those, this led me to wonder why people got worried with Serena's expression on Tierno's reaction. I mean I don't even count those "lines" in her face as blushes. I wonder what made you guys get the impression that it was (or was there something else that was cut off in that gif that I'm not aware of?) ^^;

And for the 2nd one, the way how Ash swung his hands does looked like his was merely in battle position instead of looking like protecting Tomato girl and for the record, this wasn't listed in Bulbapedia and Pixiv's lists. You can shrug off Bulbapedia but Pixiv lists hints that were really made on purpose instead of assumptions. Anyway, take it however you like but personally, I see this as simply as Ash in his battle position.

Well, we did get Ash and Serena getting separated on purpose so there's that.

Epic Heracross

Living the BugLife
Hi guys! I'm new here!

So, I go by the name of Epic Heracross, and I'm a huge amourshipper. So my love for amour shipping came around the time of episode 2, and when we saw that flashblack, at that moment I knew that this series was going to be bigger than any of the others, not only for the main plot, but the sub plots that follow the main plot as well. and amourshipping was the one that stood out the most. So that's all for now and I hope I enjoy my time here!

cf16polo

hey everyone i´ve been afraid of this a lot of time ago but, guys please give me your opinion
aside of tierno ¿Do you think that somehow alain would can be a threat to amourshipping?
i know, he even didn´t have had met ash and friends yet, but in a couple of episodes he might appear (or maybe he´s just be in a flashback, hopefully i´ll be wrong) and something can happen
but guys, what do you think about this?

aside this question i got another one, how´s my level of english, (it´s not my origin language) ?

Waterquaza

Hi guys. I wanna ask you a question:

Why Bonnie didn't make the "take care of my brother" gag on Serena (if she's not aware of Serena's crush on Ash)?

This always bugged me. Serena is pretty much a big sister to Bonnie. That's like the best reason why Bonnie would try to pair Serena with Clement. Bonnie does this with many girls immediately just by their looks so she isn't shy about it. Does Bonnie think Serena is not a good girlfriend for Clemont or there's another reason?

AshSerena

Hi guys. I wanna ask you a question:

Why Bonnie didn't make the "take care of my brother" gag on Serena (if she's not aware of Serena's crush on Ash)?

This always bugged me. Serena is pretty much a big sister to Bonnie. That's like the best reason why Bonnie would try to pair Serena with Clement. Bonnie does this with many girls immediately just by their looks so she isn't shy about it. Does Bonnie think Serena is not a good girlfriend for Clemont or there's another reason?

I think Bonnie already realize that serena have feelings for ash since episode 7 when serena said "it feels nostalgic that she wants to meet ash again" , at that episode bonnie sense it so she wont do the gag to serena

or its either she dont see serena as older enough for clemont, i think bonnie is looking for older woman around 16~18 ? if you watch all the episode, u will notice all girls that bonnie tried to ask marry clemont are all taller than serena/clemont/ and ash

Waterquaza

I've seen all the episodes and yeah the majority of girls that bonnie asked are older however there are exceptions like the girl in the furfrou episode and 1 or 2 girls in the episode with serena's mother i think.

Also being the shipper that bonnie is she could've already done something about serena's crush on ash but then again that could've been a bad idea and ruin the ship. And bonnie could've done the gag anyway with clemont reacting the same and not affect the ship at all imo.

ashsfuture

Ok i'm just fine with seeing small subtle hints from Ash and Serena since the big hints from episode 59 & 60 mainly the blue ribbon and since then the ribbon has been a part of Serena's resolve towards her dream as a performer(So Amourshipping is a part of every episode from now on), the way the hints have been seen throughout the anime is we'll get small hints in the beginning and then we get that moment where we receive some of the biggest hints that(and the spacing for Amourshipping episode wise is good as well about 2-3 with hints an at most 7 without) just push Amourshipping even further and then after the big hints we go back to getting small hints. Now for Serena(and for all Amourshippers) her feelings for Ash have reached the point where we know for her there is no turning back. (she's basically in love with him) So whats next? developing Ash's feelings for Serena, now this is the difficult part not just for Amourshipping, but for Ash himself, sure Ash has been at his best in xy compared to any other saga, he's even been maturing alot, but so much development has been done for Ash over the past 18 years it makes you ask what else is left in terms of development for Ash? Now in the world of romance Ash at least has understanding of girlfriend and boyfriend and husband and wife so thats already a good thing. So as for Ash's bond with Serena, his childhood friend, is overall very nice to her, can have meaningful interactions with her about their dreams at times is inspired by her just all in all a happy person when he's around her, the same with Serena as well! though this is where we can say that Ash does not understand what it feels like to have feelings towards someone.

That's the biggest challenge for Ash, but also cause Serena always seems to show hints when Ash is already involved in something else like his training, gym battles or a side event so Ash not noticing Serena's feelings for him can't really put it on him and we can't put it on Serena either cause it's hard to tell someone who you've known since childhood that you have feelings for them knowing that you already treasure the bond you have with that person. Think about it romance has been a part of pokemon, but mainly for side characters, but to see it happen for Ash was I guess you could say not impossible, but in other words where could romance play a significance role on his journey? The one thing we don't want to see is hints get shoved down our throats/ along side that we need to see Ash's development for Amourshipping come slowly step by step, cause this shipping has lead to character development between Ash and Serena aka the main characters. If Ash's development was rushed it would just feel like bad writing and then at that point Amourshipping wouldn't be that special anymore, just losing one of the things that makes xy stand out above the other sagas!

So where we are now with Amourshipping, What should happen for Ash right now in terms of taking small steps in realizing his feelings for Serena and what should happen for Serena as well?

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
hey everyone i´ve been afraid of this a lot of time ago but, guys please give me your opinion
aside of tierno ¿Do you think that somehow alain would can be a threat to amourshipping?
i know, he even didn´t have had met ash and friends yet, but in a couple of episodes he might appear (or maybe he´s just be in a flashback, hopefully i´ll be wrong) and something can happen
but guys, what do you think about this?

aside this question i got another one, how´s my level of english, (it´s not my origin language) ?

My short answer would be no.Sinply because Alain doesn't look like the type of person into romance.
And he looks 18 and Ash and Serena are like what,10? (Cough cough)
So yeah I say Alain wouldn't be in any way hinder Amourshipping

You're English is okay,I at least can understand what you're saying

Prettyboyy

Amourshipper
My short answer would be no.Sinply because Alain doesn't look like the type of person into romance.
And he looks 18 and Ash and Serena are like what,10? (Cough cough)
So yeah I say Alain wouldn't be in any way hinder Amourshipping

You're English is okay,I at least can understand what you're saying

he has mairan? doesn't he I saw them hug in the mega evolution act III. and hoping for some hint at the gym battle. amour has to be canon.. there is no way any other girl would compare to serena. if next gen ash is with another girl she won't be a close to how serena made us feel about her :D and btw did you guys here the goodra theory? about goodra soon have to return to its homeland? And ash let's it go so It can stay and protect its friends and if I'm not mistaken I saw on this very website that episode 69 was called into the wetlands! go goodra? or something like that forgot and 70 was goodra newton rainbow or something someone please correct me!

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator

Alright, I used to think that maybe the larger-looking ribbon was simply because Serena had her arms together instead of closer to her sides, but seeing it in motion, the original idea was correct: Either someone was new to drawing her/going off-model, or the artists were having as much of a laugh among themselves as we were, because that ribbon definitely, absolutely grew between shots. When you see her from the side, the ribbon doesn't even reach the pink section on the sides of her outfit, yet in the next shot, when nothing about her has moved, the ribbon is massive enough to partially overlap her arms. Further confirmation that the ribbon is slowly taking over can be seen when Serena is viewed from the front with that pink and yellow background: she brings her arms in, but the ribbon appears to be even smaller still than it appears to be in the following, side-on shot (the ribbon is about half or two thirds of the way across the red part of her outfit when she brings her arms in with the yellow and pink background, while in the next shot it has almost reached the red section's outer border). That is, the entire time he talked to her, the ribbon grew slightly in size between every shot.

Just how big does this thing need to get before we go ahead and call it a hint?

If Tierno doing this ends up being a recurring running gag, I hope every time he talks to her the ribbon just keeps increasing in size, between shots, beginning with the largest size it was during this scene. I can just imagine it constantly, subtly growing until the ribbon becomes downright distracting, and it becomes blatantly obvious that the artists were having a blast.

Last edited:

Waterquaza

he has mairan? doesn't he I saw them hug in the mega evolution act III. and hoping for some hint at the gym battle. amour has to be canon.. there is no way any other girl would compare to serena. if next gen ash is with another girl she won't be a close to how serena made us feel about her :D and btw did you guys here the goodra theory? about goodra soon have to return to its homeland? And ash let's it go so It can stay and protect its friends and if I'm not mistaken I saw on this very website that episode 69 was called into the wetlands! go goodra? or something like that forgot and 70 was goodra newton rainbow or something someone please correct me!

Unfortunately that is the most likely scenario. Goodra evolved very fast and is the powerhouse of ash's team when there's still 3 badges for ash to win without counting lumiose. Goodra's homeland seems like a isolated place because if it wasn't wouldn't someone already solved the situation? Only goodra can beat florges? I hope I'm wrong but if goodra is released it problably be for good, which is a big slap to our faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.