• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
So iv'e been following this thread for a while but for some reason never joined... so hello!

I think at the lumiose city gym battle It's possible that CLEMONT will notice serena not cheering him on, but wont relize that serena likes ash so he will tell bonnie and bonnie relizes that serena likes ash. Not the most likely scenario, but i suppose anythings possible. Look foward to posting on this thread!

Graham Aker

So iv'e been following this thread for a while but for some reason never joined... so hello!

I think at the lumiose city gym battle It's possible that CLEMONT will notice serena not cheering him on, but wont relize that serena likes ash so he will tell bonnie and bonnie relizes that serena likes ash. Not the most likely scenario, but i suppose anythings possible. Look foward to posting on this thread!

Serena is probably going to be neutral. That or Serena and the gang will just be "oohh and ahh" about the intensity of the battle. I can't really see anyone taking sides to be honest.

Hello there! Be sure to follow the rules and enjoy your time here.

Hmm, I don't think Clemont will take notice since he'll be focusing on the match. I kinda agree with Graham that if anything, Serena will be neutral of the battle ( maybe a bit of worrying for Ash if he's at a disadvantage). She has a crush in Ash but it wouldn't mean that she'll always be on his side all the time during the gym battle. Maybe she might get caught up with the heat of the battle and be amazed of it. Well that's how I see it. Possibly Tomato girl will bid them both good luck.

Next episode with Alexa, I won't expect much but possibly she'll take notice of Tomato girl's new look.

Ballzeh

I'm not sure about Serena going neutral for the whole fight ! She is really involved in Ash's quest since the very beginning and I don't think she is going to be neutral all along it just because Ash is facing Clemont. Yes, Clemont is her friend but Ash is far more important to her :D He is also the challenger and the point in gym battles is about to see the challenger ability to defeat the leader.

Even if Bonnie catching Serena's feelings for Ash would be very interesting to see/develop, I don't know if she would really be able to connect all those hints together, I mean, she is still very young... Altough she did the marriage gag a lot of times, I think it's a sort of joke (like something she would have seen on TV) for her.

Wait&See

Considering gym battles have been a good source of hints so far, what kind of hints, if any, do you expect (or would like) to see on the Ash VS Clemont gym battle?

I guess that a scenario I would really enjoy to happen => Pikachu is kinda losing versus Clemont's Luxray, Serena seeing that Ash is doubtful/panicked and then she would yell at him : " Hey Ash ! Don't give up till its over ! " with her cutest smile ! I know it's kinda cliché but it would be great wouldn't it ? :D

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

Welcome to the thread dude! Have fun here! :)
Good point! But I think Serena wouldn't feel comfortable talking about her feelings to a little girl like Bonnie, she's too young. Shauna (in the future) can be the one realizing Serena's feelings for Ash.

Serena is probably going to be neutral. That or Serena and the gang will just be "oohh and ahh" about the intensity of the battle. I can't really see anyone taking sides to be honest.

Neutral? Serena has been very supportive during the gym battles, why should she change her attitude? Let's consider Ash won't have anyone else to cheer for him. :s
I see a totally different scenario...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Hi, welcome!

I feel really bad that I haven't even thought of new AmourShipping scenarios given the new episode titles. I usually do that automatically in my head, but I honestly can't imagine any major Ash and Serena moments happening in the new episodes, except maybe in the haunted house one I guess; maybe Ash and Serena will get separated from the others and spend time running from ghosts together?

Hi, welcome!

I feel really bad that I haven't even thought of new AmourShipping scenarios given the new episode titles. I usually do that automatically in my head, but I honestly can't imagine any major Ash and Serena moments happening in the new episodes, except maybe in the haunted house one I guess; maybe Ash and Serena will get separated from the others and spend time running from ghosts together?
Wait, another haunted house scenario? Sorry, I haven't seen the new lineup just yet so I'd like some confirmation. If so then that would be interesting to see though it may gocus more on the situation instead of amour moments. Though I'd like to see Ash telling Tomato girl to stay behind him so he could protect her and Tomato girl clinging onto his arm even though it's only for security. :)

Last edited:

Epic Heracross

Living the BugLife
Wow, this thread has been silent for more than a day.

Since XY066 is going to be focused on Clembot, I don't expect any major hints, and I can't think of a scenario in that episode where we would be given a hint anyway. XY067, however... is the gym battle. I'M SO HYPED FOR THE BATTLE OF THE BROS! CAN'T WAIT! We'll have to wait like 10 days for that episode though. In the meantime, let's speculate!

Considering gym battles have been a good source of hints so far, what kind of hints, if any, do you expect (or would like) to see on the Ash VS Clemont gym battle?

Many have suggested a Cyllage-like scenario where Clemont gains the upper hand for a bit and Serena starts to worry, maybe even allowing Bonnie to notice her feelings. Many have also suggested that Serena might remain neutral at the beginning but later would start to support Ash more, which could also allow Bonnie to notice her feelings.

Personally, I would like a combination of the Santalune, Cyllage and Shalour battles. Clemont gaining the upper hand for a portion of the battle, Ash getting overwhelmed by Clemont's strategy, Serena getting very worried, Bonnie noticing it and suspecting, Ash looking at Serena to get inspiration in his panic, and Serena snapping him out of it, turning the battle into his favor. However, that happening is very unlikely.

Still, I strongly believe Bonnie will find out Serena's feelings for Ash sooner or later.

Now here's a question that's been in my mind. While I'm 100% sure that there will be a hint in the 'Bro-Brawl' episode, I'm not entirely sure on what it may be.But, if there was a hint it would be Bonnie realizing Serena's feeling for 'Ashcash'(see what I did there? You could also say WhiscAsh,but that would be corny) and asking her if she likes Ashcash near the end of the episode. which actually brings me to another question:

If Bonnie realized Serena's feelings, would she keep it a secret? And, for how long?

TheEnigmatic97

A Random Passerby
Now here's a question that's been in my mind. While I'm 100% sure that there will be a hint in the 'Bro-Brawl' episode, I'm not entirely sure on what it may be.But, if there was a hint it would be Bonnie realizing Serena's feeling for 'Ashcash'(see what I did there? You could also say WhiscAsh,but that would be corny) and asking her if she likes Ashcash near the end of the episode. which actually brings me to another question:

If Bonnie realized Serena's feelings, would she keep it a secret? And, for how long?

As crazy as I see that coming, and on my experience of my female friends keep my secrets I have a hunch that Bonnie would KEEP (just like Eureka says it) the secret. but maybe not for long until the writers have her spill the beans. And with the way she treats Serena as her "big sister", there would be teasing, teasing until it comes very obvious to the gang, then... she spills it.

I'd actually love to see that happen when Ash is present and see fireworks go boom all over the TV (or should I say computer) screen. Oh, it would be awkward, really awkward. Then Serena and Ash would go red, and cannot be distinguished from each other. You tell the rest of the story for yourselves.

amour4ever

I'm tired.
First, welcome to all our new amourshippers!

I think she'd keep it a secret, after initially trying to convince Serena to confess. For how long? I don't think she'd spill the beans. She'd want to, because I think she'd love to see Ash and Serena together as much as us, but out of respect for her "big sis", she'd keep quiet. Though I could possibly see her accidently letting the cat outta the bag, and boy would that be interesting...

Dinomeyt

If Bonnie figures it out, and I hope she does because then Bonnie instantly becomes a character I am interested in every episode, I think she keeps it a secret. As TheEnigmatic97 said, she would tease Serena (in a friendly manner, nothing like what Miette did), until Bonnie can't keep quiet without her head exploding. As to how long? I honestly do not want her to spill the beans until around the end of the series, when Ash gets further development in terms of his feelings (if the writers even develop them. With XY059, 060, and 064 I think the writers are slowly starting to develop Amour on Ash's side (just my view of things)). I say this because if she spills early when Ash has no concept of having a romantic relationship with a girl, not only would this be hilariously awkward (I'd laugh, I'm not going to lie) but it could be a way for the writers to kill any development of feelings that we thought Ash was producing.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!

I think she would keep it a secret from Ash. She would probabley tell Clemont as soon as she got the chance. I mean it's Bonnie were talking about she would want to do something.

PsyDan

Yes, she would keep it a secret for a while. Not doing so would put Serena in a really difficult situation, and she would never do that to her, given how close she is to Serena. As for how long...

I think she would keep it a secret from Ash. She would probabley tell Clemont as soon as she got the chance. I mean it's Bonnie were talking about she would want to do something.

That's a pretty interesting scenario. I believe, however, that she would keep it a secret from everybody until Ash's feelings for Serena have been developed a bit. Then maybe she would notice that and explain the whole situation to Clemont. The blond siblings might even team up and try to bring Ash and Serena closer. Maybe they could leave the lovers alone once in a while so they can develop their feelings for each other even further. I know all of us amourshippers would love to see that happening.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
Ok. There were practically NO hints in this episode. Just Satoshi and Serena standing next and sitting next to each other and stuff. But no actual hints.
Decent episode, more of filler stuff. But the next episode looks so dang good from the preview :)) Seems like the animators put a lot into next week's ep.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
You know i've been wondering... What exactly would be the definition of Amourshipping being "canon" anyway? Would it be confessions on both sides? A kiss? Etc...

Last edited:

Epic Heracross

Living the BugLife
You know i've been wondering... What exactly would be the definition of Amourshipping being "canon" anyway? Would it be confessions on both sides? A kiss? Etc...

Interesting question; well if any of the two you mentioned were to happen in the anime and get a positive reaction by 'Tomato Girl' and/or the WhiscASH, then amourshipping would be 'canon'.But if they were to get a negative reaction(although this would be VERY unlikely), Pray to every Pokemon Overlord that don't happen. But, if you also want to know when amourshipping be canon look out for the following:

This forum going berserk shouting 'CLASS S! CLASS S! SHIP OFFICIALLY CANON!'

The implosion of the following websites, including:
Serebii Forums
Bulbapedia Forums
Fanfiction.net
Japanese Twitter

And everyone reacting like Etika after Mewtwo was announced for DLC.

Yuraenia

Well, when I think canon, it means that the two characters get together, since usually, shipping means romantic pairing. So yes, it would have had to be a mutual thing for it to be canon. Confessions followed by some sort of.."agreement" if you know what I mean, would definitely make it canon.
But if one kisses another (i.e. Serena kisses Satoshi on the cheek), then yes. Watch the entire Pokefandom community (and even other non-fans) implode but, unless Satoshi accepts and shows a positive reaction that leans towards them getting together, I can't consider the actual pairing to be canon. I can consider Serena's crush on Satoshi canon but not the pairing itself. hope ya get it ahha

Last edited:

Eh? If both Ash and Tomato girl acknowledges each others' feelings then it's pretty much canon on my book. It doesn't really have to be as romantic like kissing or some sort (well I don't think it's pretty likely to happen so easily for a show like this in the first place). Well okay, maybe acknowedging each others' feelings may not be a 100% sureal canon but for this show's standards this is pretty much of a big deal. There's really not much of heavy romance for Pokemon anime and this kind of situation would totally be a huge step up in terms of romance department. I got to admit. Maybe I want more like seeing Ash and Serena getting married or having a family during a time skip but if they simply concluded amour with a case like both knowing how they feel for each other then yeah, that's totally canon for me. I can't say for sure if that's what you were looking for in terms of defining "canon". Perhaps you and some other amourians here are expecting more than that but anyway take whatever the writers bring for the ship. Anyway, I'm sure that amour will be resolved in a proper way.

Last edited:

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Well, when I think canon, it means that the two characters get together, since usually, shipping means romantic pairing. So yes, it would have had to be a mutual thing for it to be canon. Confessions followed by some sort of.."agreement" if you know what I mean, would definitely make it canon.
But if one kisses another (i.e. Serena kisses Satoshi on the cheek), then yes. Watch the entire Pokefandom community (and even implode but, unless Satoshi accepts and shows a positive reaction that leans towards them getting together, I can't consider the actual pairing to be canon. I can consider Serena's crush on Satoshi canon but not the pairing itself. hope ya get it ahha
I honestly would hate an "agreement". I mean it sounds kinda creepy, there be no way, and I mean no way that the writers could make it not sound incredibly awkward and weird. Though yeah, a kiss on the cheek and a postive reaction would be a good way for Amour to go canon.( In my opinion) Oh, and btw HAPPY 100th PAGE! YAY!

Last edited:

Yuraenia

I honestly would hate an "agreement". I mean it sounds kinda creepy, there be no way, and I mean no way that the writers could make it not sound incredibly awkward and weird. Though yeah, a kiss on the cheek and a postive reaction would be a good way for Amour to go canon.( In my opinion)

Well I couldn't find a better word to make it as general as possible since positive post-confession responses vary in all types of stories. hahah sorry if that sounded creepy. :)
Honestly, the characters would def. feel awkward but i really hope the writers don't make it awkward for us to watch. Imagine facepalming the whole scene cuz of bad writing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.