• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Since laverre city seems so important to amourshipping what kind of hints do you expect when the group reaches the city?

Whoa wait, what did I miss? I didn't know that a city that Ash and Serena haven't even been to yet was going to play a role in the ship. I'll simply say that if something shippy does happen there, I hope it's a second "date", although this time I hope that it's not over-hyped beforehand and that it's merely a chance for Ash and Serena to hang out together again, alone.

Dinomeyt

Hello everyone, sorry I have been away. Internet around the house has been going on and off due to DNS issues, but I think/hope it's fixed. So I watched the gym battle episode yesterday (already up on YouTube) and here are some of my thoughts:
1) Off topic thought: the gym battle was amazing good. You could feel the intensity of each round as the gym battle progressed. Also glad that Goodra got the win, as I got nervous that Pikachu was going to win yet another gym battle for Ash. Love Pikachu in XY, but we need to see gym clinchers from the other Pokemon, even if they appear to be temporary. This and Shalour have set the bar for gym battles.
2) Now to on topic thoughts. Glad to see Serena seemingly taking a side with Ash. Her getting excited at Ash overcoming Clemont's attacks and her concern for Ash when facing Luxray are very nice minor hints. I don't mind minor hints at this point after XY59 and XY060
3) Disappointed that Bonnie didn't catch Serena basically rooting for Ash the entire battle, but I am not going to throw a tantrum over something that means very little when compared to the battle.

Now to Laverre City, home of our cause's theme song. I am keeping my expectations at a limit, so as to avoid disappointment. Everyone who is getting super excited for Laverre: it's okay to have the emotions you have but be very careful with how you hype this, especially since we have very little knowledge of what episodes are to come after XY072 at the moment

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Hey guys miss me?No?Okay.....
So watching XY067 (The best gym battle in history) something seems weird.When Ash didn't know where the next gym was at,Serena excitedly showed him Loveher city.Does Serena know something we don't about about what's going to happen at Loveher City?

--VIRGO--

Hey. Long time since I've been here. Lumiose Gym battle was rather good, but Shalour Gym battle was more exciting imho. Clearly some hints appeared. It looks like next time we will see Laverre Gym and Valerie. Serena was clearly excited about presenting it to Ash. Though it's wondering if that excitement was due to Laverre City itself or because she simply helped Ash find his next target. Also we have two more gyms beyond that. Anistar Gym and one unknown gym.

PokéBram97

I think this was the best gym battle I've ever seen. The animation, the music, the pokemon, and all the characters, everything was perfect. Back on topic: I don't know about Serena showing the next city with that much enthausiasm is a hint, because she did it in the past with all the other cities, right? However, Serena was so sweet this episode, like always :) The concern for Ash after Hawlucha knocked out, she likes that boy xD. Every gym battle we've seen a worried Serena, and 2 times she was important for Ash' victory, directly. Serena congratulating Ash afterwards was just to cute :p
About next episode: I don't think there will be hints, because it's a mega evolution/ Prof. Sycamore focused episode. And that's totally okay with me.
One last thing: episode 70, Conclusion! Numelgon, Go Over the Rainbow!! A lot of people think this is the episode in which Goodra is going to leave Ash. I think this episode is going to be comparable with ,or Pikachu's goodbye, or the Butterfree episode ( I hope the Pikachu one), both very sad episodes. Maybe this is the first time Serena will see an (extremely) sad, or even a crying, Ash. What would she do in a situation like that?

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Hey. Long time since I've been here. Lumiose Gym battle was rather good, but Shalour Gym battle was more exciting imho. Clearly some hints appeared. It looks like next time we will see Laverre Gym and Valerie. Serena was clearly excited about presenting it to Ash. Though it's wondering if that excitement was due to Laverre City itself or because she simply helped Ash find his next target. Also we have two more gyms beyond that. Anistar Gym and one unknown gym.

Unknown? Isn't it snowbelle gym? With that really fat ice type gym leader? As for why Serena wants to go to Larverre, maybe she wants to learn how to do voo-doo magic on Ash? Jk XD. Sieriously though she probabley wants to go to her next Showcase. I don't think it has anything to do with Ash.

Prettyboyy

Amourshipper
guys I have a theory but let me know what you think. so episode 60 people were complaining they didn't want serena to cut her hair or get a new design right? so during the episode they made up for it with a amoirshipping moment, ash gave the ribbon, asked about it, and serena blush etc. so like if you didn't like her new design you at least like the hint that happened. so I'm guessing episode where goodra if he/she does leave.... there is going to be a hint. you may not like the goodra left but to make up for it they give you something like serena comfort ash if he cries or give him a hug/ back hug... what do you guys think?

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
guys I have a theory but let me know what you think. so episode 60 people were complaining they didn't want serena to cut her hair or get a new design right? so during the episode they made up for it with a amoirshipping moment, ash gave the ribbon, asked about it, and serena blush etc. so like if you didn't like her new design you at least like the hint that happened. so I'm guessing episode where goodra if he/she does leave.... there is going to be a hint. you may not like the goodra left but to make up for it they give you something like serena comfort ash if he cries or give him a hug/ back hug... what do you guys think?

Yeah I don't think this moment will be really sad. Ash is not like OS days and is a lot maturer and seeing Goodra being kinda relaxed in that sunset screenshot Yh I don't see anything emotional. But I expect Serena to ask if he's okay or how's hes coping with the whole situation. I might be wrong and he will be crying and Serena comes in to comfort him

matthew11

8000 MMR
Since laverre city seems so important to amourshipping what kind of hints do you expect when the group reaches the city?

... And when did Laverre City actually become important to amour? But hey, can't say I don't want any hints in there. But it's too early to... predict on what might actually happen in the city, or during the gym battle. I can only tell that amour's theme is that city's theme, so we can safely expect something big.

Anywho, I've been itching to ask something here long after watching Mega Evolutions Act III:

After the battle between the Weather Trio, Alan and Lysandre went back to their... base, leaving Manon behind in the Devon Corp because freakin'n Alan said she'd just be in danger when she's with him. The latter immediately goes there without any clue where to find him. So, do you think Manon would end up meeting with Satoshi and crew at some point, and do you think it has the potential for some major hints to occur in any way?

FlarezFTW

Amourshipper
Hey all, I've been stalking this thread for a while now, and the first post, due to me being obsessed with AS, anyway, on with the question.

So honestly, about Laverre city, I feel that it won't play much of a role to Amourshipping, we will most likely just get a couple of smaller hints to keep us going. The most I see happening here is a similar scenario to the "first date", Ash and Serena going round the city alone for a small period of time or something like that. If that did happen though, it would be cool for Serena and Ash to be thinking about feelings for each other as they walk along, so maybe we could see some development from Ash and his feelings towards AS, as I feel his "armour" is starting to shatter, and he will eventually realise Serena's feelings for Ash.

Also, I wouldn't expect anything like Serena confessing feelings either, I feel that they may meet that Miette person again or whatever her name is, Serena may be worried that Miette will say something to Ash, and then ruin her chances, or if it is true that her voice actor was retired, then maybe they pass by a pokepuff competition, and this reminds her of Miette's threat, and Serena confesses that way, as you can tell, I strongly believe Miette will play a big role in Amour.

ShinyBlaze

Hello,I made a account today because I stalked the thread for a few days and wanted to join in. :)

Anyway,to be on topic

I have a feeling that frequent small hints could be the way the writers go,maybe some development for Ash although it probably won't happen imo. It could go pretty sneaky,giving a hint when it is least expected,like for example maybe someone could sense something between them. But knowing me I'm wrong about a lot of things.

Waterquaza

Hey all, I've been stalking this thread for a while now, and the first post, due to me being obsessed with AS, anyway, on with the question.

So honestly, about Laverre city, I feel that it won't play much of a role to Amourshipping, we will most likely just get a couple of smaller hints to keep us going. The most I see happening here is a similar scenario to the "first date", Ash and Serena going round the city alone for a small period of time or something like that. If that did happen though, it would be cool for Serena and Ash to be thinking about feelings for each other as they walk along, so maybe we could see some development from Ash and his feelings towards AS, as I feel his "armour" is starting to shatter, and he will eventually realise Serena's feelings for Ash.

Also, I wouldn't expect anything like Serena confessing feelings either, I feel that they may meet that Miette person again or whatever her name is, Serena may be worried that Miette will say something to Ash, and then ruin her chances, or if it is true that her voice actor was retired, then maybe they pass by a pokepuff competition, and this reminds her of Miette's threat, and Serena confesses that way, as you can tell, I strongly believe Miette will play a big role in Amour.

Thats most of what I think it's gonna happen althought I maintain that this city will probably be a stepping point is AS. I mean the theme, the translation, the fact that serena didn't gave a proper explanation as why it will be fun to go there (it could be the place of the next showcase but there's no reason for her to hide that), it seems much suspicious to me but I might be wrong. Even if the writters plan to make AS canon at the end of the series there must be some development till there otherwise at the end it would feel rushed.

The little hints are nice too but that won't change the course of AS. It's just for us to know the ship is there. We don't exactly need more hints from serena because we know there's no turning back on her feelings. What I do expect is development from ash as you already said it and I feel that we'll see ash's obliviousness shatter a little bit and maybe we'll see him a bit confused about what serena is to him. I know it's very early and I'm sorry if I'm hyping this too much but to me if nothing happens at all I think I'm gonna start to lose a little hope in AS.

Also is kinda interesting that serena needs 3 showcase wins and ash needs 3 more badges. Just sayin...

Last edited:

--VIRGO--

Unknown? Isn't it snowbelle gym? With that really fat ice type gym leader? As for why Serena wants to go to Larverre, maybe she wants to learn how to do voo-doo magic on Ash? Jk XD. Sieriously though she probabley wants to go to her next Showcase. I don't think it has anything to do with Ash.

I don't know about voo doo. But Serena looked very excited about going to Laverre Gym. Every episode consisting gym battles had some hints. Courmarine gym episode had hints before battle itself but there were hints. Of course we don't have any proof of that. I'm telling what I've noticed during last episode.
While Laverre gym is confirmed by the last episode and opening and Anistar gym is confirmed by the opening. Snowbelle gym isn't. Confirmed at all. In BW Ash battled Virbank gym instead of Opelucid gym. The point is. I don't assume. Wait for proof. Game itself isn't one.

Epic Heracross

Living the BugLife

I think we will need to wait for some new episode titles to be revealed to really tell if something big is going to happen in Laverre city relating to amour shipping, Serena could have another Pokemon Showcase, there could be another 'date' episode. Or, as you mentioned, Miette may come back out to steal Whiscash from under the gang's noses. And we know there will be hints in the gym battle, but, we don't know how big they will be; they could be class C, or they could be class A. So, I think it's safe if we wait for more episodes to be revealed.

Last edited:

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!

Welcome to the thread where people get other peoples hopes up, then watch as there crushed ( curse lumiose) Nah, jk. Hope u enjoy it here and follow the rules. As for Mathew11's question about amourshipping. I do think Manon will encounter Ash and co, but not till the last act. Even if they did I really doubt they would effect amour. Alain doesn't seem like the romance type and Manon... Well, maybe but I just don't FEEL like she would effect amour if u know what I mean. As for Miette, she isn't returning cause of problems with her VA. Sorry bro :(

Oh, and welcome everyone else who joined! I would quote your post but I don't know how to put multiple quotes in a post. Tech hates me

Last edited:

shahroze12

Hey guys i think ive found something interesting!!! The screenshots for the manga adaptation of the next movie is out and i saw a panal of Ash grabbing Serena's arms and trying to pull her into hoopa's rings!!! This probably will happen in the movie as well... This gesture seems out of character for Ash as he's never grabbed a girl's arms for the fun of it!! It'll only be in character if they have become closer! If the movie takes place after Laverre City then i say that the chances of another bonding episode is pretty high!!! What do you guys think? Here's the pic = https://41.media.tumblr.com/0e255a7e8149310a0e17fe09e851e4d7/tumblr_nmqbm3sL091rsrk2xo3_1280.jpg ............. the panal is on the far right

chellby

Hey guys i think ive found something interesting!!! The screenshots for the manga adaptation of the next movie is out and i saw a panal of Ash grabbing Serena's arms and trying to pull her into hoopa's rings!!! This probably will happen in the movie as well... This gesture seems out of character for Ash as he's never grabbed a girl's arms for the fun of it!! It'll only be in character if they have become closer! If the movie takes place after Laverre City then i say that the chances of another bonding episode is pretty high!!! What do you guys think? Here's the pic = https://41.media.tumblr.com/0e255a7e8149310a0e17fe09e851e4d7/tumblr_nmqbm3sL091rsrk2xo3_1280.jpg ............. the panal is on the far right

*looks at the pages*

I think the real question we should be asking is why does it look like ash is grabbing Serena into the hoop while it looks like he doesn't have clothes on...

I am very interested in what these hoops mean then, maybe a mirror to show the reflectors true desire ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I saw this last night and frankly, I personally don't really get the hoopla (pardon the bad pun) over it. He seems to want to show Serena what Hoopa's ring portal is like. Sure, Ash isn't usually the kind of character who'd grab a girl so unexpectedly, but it's a friendly gesture at best in my opinion and might not be very AmourShippy when it's shown in the film itself.

I think the real question we should be asking is why does it look like ash is grabbing Serena into the hoop while it looks like he doesn't have clothes on...

He's lacking a shirt because he was swimming in a pool beforehand.

Sheepy Lamby

Hello,I made a account today because I stalked the thread for a few days and wanted to join in. :)

Anyway,to be on topic

I have a feeling that frequent small hints could be the way the writers go,maybe some development for Ash although it probably won't happen imo. It could go pretty sneaky,giving a hint when it is least expected,like for example maybe someone could sense something between them. But knowing me I'm wrong about a lot of things.

Welcome to the madness!!hope you enjoy our crazy comments! :)

People are talking about Laverre city... so many places ideal to feed our hunger for hints...
The gym and the mysterious Valerie... will she read Serena's mind to discover her feelings?
The café and boutiques... wow! I hope Serena thinks on something to take Ash to any of these places and spend more time with him

Sorry but I'm excited thinking on what can happen there... :D

ej02

Australia Amourship
Welcome to the madness!!hope you enjoy our crazy comments! :)

People are talking about Laverre city... so many places ideal to feed our hunger for hints...
The gym and the mysterious Valerie... will she read Serena's mind to discover her feelings?
The café and boutiques... wow! I hope Serena thinks on something to take Ash to any of these places and spend more time with him

Sorry but I'm excited thinking on what can happen there... :D

Of course you are, and for good reason. I think that somehow that 2spooky4me house might have some shipping hints being serena getting scared and mabye ash doing somthing about that. Also I think the reason people predict laverre city is because of the somewhat drought of amour we have right now.

Question- Besides laverre city can anyone think of anouther place were amour could happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.