• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Japanese Twitter: Some closer shots of Tomato girl and Ash.
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD14rBnUMAAYFl9.jpg[/img139]

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD2Hz5wUUAEeWOl.jpg[/img139]

Wow, you can just clearly see how super worried Tomato girl is. D:

And I'm no artist but wow, the proportions of their body just looked weird, especially Serena's hand. :p

Anywho, it seemed the Japanese Amour fans do really appreciate this moment as a lot of fans are talking about it. I'm not literate with the Japanese language but I can tell that they are pretty happy with the hints we got today. I'm expecting that SatoSere will become another trending topic for this week.

Last edited:

Prettyboyy

Amourshipper
From Japanese Twitter: Some closer shots of Tomato girl and Ash.
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD14rBnUMAAYFl9.jpg[/img139]

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD2Hz5wUUAEeWOl.jpg[/img139]

Wow, you can just clearly see how super worried Tomato girl is. D:

And I'm no artist but wow, the proportions of their body just looked weird, especially Serena's hand. :p

Anywho, it seemed the Japanese Amour fans do really appreciate this moment as a lot of fans are talking about it. I'm not literate with the Japanese language but I can tell that they are pretty happy with the hints we got today. I'm expecting that SatoSere will become another trending topic for this week.

people care more about the hint then goodra leaving ;-; you will be missed but I'm sure it's gonna come back soon :) but today's episode hint was amazing from the pics i really thought they were gonna hug or kiss ;-; got my hopes up but this is a start :) keep it up writers you got me all happy and giddy

Dinomeyt

Looking at the images provided by the majority of you people, I am absolutely giddy at the hints Serena provided. I swear if I see another "Are Serena's feelings for Ash/Satoshi fading" question, I'm going to lose it. It's funny how we all talk about that and all of a sudden we get the reinforcement we desperately needed. As for the height thing, I'm going to assume it's an age/puberty thing as most girls are taller than boys at age 10/11 (at least here in the United States they are). I've seen the ending on YouTube and needless to say the writers are doing a really good job with handling emotional moments in this series.

As for next week's episode: Unless something comes out of left field, I see absolutely no hints coming from this episode. Can't wait to see the interactions between Bonnie and Meowth.

Teacup

I think you guys are putting way to much thought into Satoshi being small. Most likely animation error. I was more bothered by how skinny Serena legs are in that picture.

AtemSciv

Well, can't say I don't want anymore worry hints. That scene got a lot of potential. But meh. Although one thing that bothers me the most... Dat height doe.

Might watch the ep later when it's uploaded.

Even the great Ash's height is no match for a pretty young woman in a pair of cowboy boots :D just looking back at their heights in the older episodes I'm pretty sure they were pretty much on par before Serena made the appearance change. Maybe the boots give her a little more height on Ash right now.

As the far episode goes I thought it was pretty good. Serena finally penetrated Ash's bubble which I think is a big step forward for both her and the ship. Hopefully it opens the door for a complete hug coming up here at some point.

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Actually, the touch barrier has been broken by her on XY53, when she covered Ash's mouth when he was about to reveal to Grace that Serena wanted to be a Pokemon Performer, but really nice hint overall. She's feeling more confident around him. And has any of the former Pokegirls touched him like that or something similar when they were most worried for him?

Actually, the touch barrier has been broken by her on XY53, when she covered Ash's mouth when he was about to reveal to Grace that Serena wanted to be a Pokemon Performer, but really nice hint overall. She's feeling more confident around him. And has any of the former Pokegirls touched him like that or something similar when they were most worried for him?

Actually, yes. I'm not sure about the other Poke girls but May did touched Ash in the shoulders in the Destiny Deoxys movie. She was trying to stop Ash from fighting that one kid that I forgot the name. May also tugged into Ash's arm when she was trying to stop him from fighting against Lucario in the Lucario and the mystery of Mew movie. Oh and of course there was that one part when she grabbed Ash's arm since she wants him to show her around the Pokemon center since she was a beginner. So personally, I don't think that physical contacts are much of unique hints for amourshipping. It's nice and all but it just doesn't feel quite unique, IMO. Well Ash and Serena did had a hug even though it was accidental so there's that. :D

Midnight Reality

That's also because Serena has legitimate feelings for Ash, unlike...everyone else.

In addition, putting your hands on someone's shoulders is a common behavior that very well can have nothing to do with affection.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
That's also because Serena has legitimate feelings for Ash, unlike...everyone else.

In addition, putting your hands on someone's shoulders is a common behavior that very well can have nothing to do with affection.

Your absolutly right. But, Serena does have a canon crush which makes this an Amourshipping hint.
As for are "desprate need of hints" 10 episodes is a long time. And goodra's been hogging everything.

I think I noticed a pattern. Every time we have an important episode that isn't filler (X Y 59 being the exception) we get a Amourshipping hints. Tell me what you guys think of this.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
That moment when Serena ran up to Ash to put her hands on his shoulders...

That moment has given me a bit of a shock as it was occurring. It seemed like Ash was going to get a great big hug, and if that happened, things in this thread and elsewhere probably would have gone crazier than crazy.

I think I'm becoming slightly more optimistic about the future of this shipping.

Dinomeyt

Your absolutly right. But, Serena does have a canon crush which makes this an Amourshipping hint.
As for are "desprate need of hints" 10 episodes is a long time. And goodra's been hogging everything.

I think I noticed a pattern. Every time we have an important episode that isn't filler (X Y 59 being the exception) we get a Amourshipping hints. Tell me what you guys think of this.

First off, to all of you, I did not mean that we needed another Amourshipping hint when I stated that this interaction fulfilled a need. If you look at the interactions between the two, the blushes in XY064 and XY065, and the hand over heart action in XY067 we have hints. What I meant was this: we finally got the hint we needed to answer the question of "Is Serena starting to lose interest" that has been lingering on here for the last few days. Should have explained my wording.

What happened in XY070 is unique because while other female companions have made physical contact with Ash, they don't do so when he comes out okay from a dangerous situation. If you replayed what happened today and put any of the previous female leads in Serena's place, I don't think any of them would do what Serena did (personal opinion). As for your theory about the episodes, it's pretty sound. Aside from XY059, I honestly cannot think of another filler episode with hints.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guys, I'm seeing a lot of one liners in here lately and I'm really not liking it so I'm just gonna say this once. Keep in mind that one liners are still not allowed here so add a bit more onto your posts to avoid this problem, please.

That's all, carry on.

I just recently watched the episode and for one thing, I'm concerned of Serena. Gundamit, Ash! With all your idiotic stunts, I think you'll be the cause of Serena's heart attack, lol. :p

But seriously, Serena's constant worrying makes me really think that she won't be able to accept the fact that Ash will have to part ways with her someday. Come to think of it, back in the mirror world episode, I can already imagine how emotional she'd get should that day draw near, which makes me hope that Ash would actually invite Serena to tag along with him at least when returning back to Kanto.

Anyway, I'm also leaning to any possible amour moments in the movie, especially right after Ash becomes evil. The trailer shows how worried Serena was.

ashsfuture

Okay I don't really get why there are some people in this thread saying that the drought is over, first of all what drought? from episodes 60-70 we've only gotten three episodes without hints that in itself is nothing to worry about. Then this whole thing of thinking that Serena's feelings for Ash are fading, there is nothing to show that(plus this shouldn't even be something brought up), ever since episode 60 since Serena had the ribbon that Ash gave her be a part of her main attire plus her resolve as a pokemon performer, Right then an there Serena made it very clear where she stands with her feelings for Ash!(she loves him)

Then I know we all want hints to start showing up more, but that's where if we just started getting hints nonstop, then Amourshipping would just feel like it's getting rushed or should I say sloppy writing, I mean the way Amourshipping has been displaying hints is great, we get small subtle hints at first and then boom we get these big hints/moments that these smalls hints we're building up to. Like many others have stated just be patient we still got a long way to go before we can even think about what's going to happen with Ash and Serena and so far the development for these two it progressing just fine-even with today's hint with Serena putting her hands on Ash's shoulders out of relief that he's okay(that was really cute)

Question:

Do you think that Serena is starting to become comfortable enough around Ash where she'll eventually start trying to showing affection towards him directly?(maybe hug him)

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Long time, No see, SerebiiForums!

This episode surprised me for sure. The fact that she actually touched Ash! Good enough for me. I'm content, although I would have liked a hug at the end when Ash was emotional. This is great tho! I don't know why you people be talking about a drought. There's no drought whatsoever, Serena actually put her hands on his shoulders, meaning she's much more comfortable. I don't know about you, but this makes me hopeful. It's not really an Amour hint, but like it's close enough, you feel?

Sheepy Lamby

And Serena held Ash shoulders...

1) Or we are too needed for hits that we assume this is one, or
2) The writers are kind of "spoiling" us with some physical contact between them...

The place and time was wrong for hints, Ash was more focused on Goodra than anyone else. Serena was comforting Ash, this is something any female friend would do.
Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying Amour is dead, what I am saying is that there will be moments more suitable for hints. :)

PS: Can we please avoid topics not related to Amour? There are other threads where we can discuss about them.

I don't think it's intentional, tbh. I mean, when did you see Haruka being taller than him during AG, or Hikari during DP? Though I can see your point on why it is intentional to make Serena taller than him, but I feel it's just another absurd way of the animators to make people, who believe that a girl should be shorter than the guy when entering a relationship, see this ship as an unusual pair when it comes to physical characteristics.

And wait... There's classes for hints? *sigh*...

Yes Matthew11, I have the same question... IMO, Hints are a yes or no. We are misjudging Serena's gestures toward Ash.
Not every time a female friend blushes or touches us, it means she is interested on us. Am I wrong? :s

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think you guys are putting way to much thought into Satoshi being small. Most likely animation error. I was more bothered by how skinny Serena legs are in that picture.

It might have been an animation error, but Serena looking tall compared to Ash made me gasp for a second when I watched the episode lol. Anyway, it was nice how Serena tried to comfort Ash and all, but Goodra's drama took priority over that as I expected, so the impact of that Ash and Serena moment wasn't as strong as it could've been in my opinion.

_Dog

Ah, the AZ theme. It's like the equivalant of Beethoven in Pokémon. I mean it really sounds like classical music! I actually like it though! (I typically hate classical music, excluding Vivaldi)

You need to go take a classical music appreciation class. Then you'd know that those classical composers pretty much SLAM something like the Luminose, Laverre, or AZ themes, or anything Masuda's done =P

Anyways, I got to see the clip of the dub of Serena's crying and outfit change in XY060, and I simply must say that they did a fairly good job here, even with the music change. The crying part affected me just as much as the Japanese version did, and it's good that the dubbers aren't backing off from Amourshipping. As mentioned before, Ash indirectly called Serena "kinda cute", and some Amourshippers in the commentary section are prematurely declaring victory and saying that Amourshipping is more or less canon.

Now, they surely have jumped the gun too early, but I do have a theory. Notice that in some episodes TPCi seemed to have spiced up some of the hints we've seen, such as XY013 with Penelope, XY050 (I think) where both Ash and Serena say "couple?", and the new outfit scene in XY060. This leads me to speculate that TPCi might know something concerning the fate of Amourshipping. If we postulate that the pairing will ultimately become canon, then TPCi would spice up the hints to perhaps bring in viewers and make the shipping more exciting, knowing that they are not misleading the viewers. This could be a reason why we might not want to simply count out the dub hints.

Of course, it's also possible that they're just toying with us just as dubbers have done with Pokeshipping and more infamously, Digimon's Taiora. So what do you guys think?

And now I'd like to answer a couple of questions.

On a scale of 1 to 10. how would you rate Amour's current chance of canonization?

also,

Are you satisfied with Amour's current state?

Personally, I would say about a 1.5 to 2. Admittedly I am very pessimistic based on the past history the show, and do not trust the writers in this regard. However, I will always shoot down arguments of people who say they know Amourshipping won't happen. In reality only the writers know if Amourshipping will or will not happen.

And yes, I'm satisfied with Amour's current state right now. But that could change depending on what Ash may do.

If we got a blush from Ash due to Serena, would you consider Amourshipping canon? Why or why not?

Nope. Such a thing would be too early to declare victory.

Going back to soccer analogies, the game isn't over until the referee blows the final whistle. Serena unfailingly provides all the assists for Ash to score, but Ash's shots always goes wide and misses the goal. Eventually, Ash will have a shot on goal; but the ultimate factor on whether the Amourshipping will go canon is whether that ball will get past that gigantic goalkeeper known as the status quo.

A blush will mean nothing if the status quo stays.

I will ask a question later.

Last edited:
Okay...what?! I can't believe I missed such a wondrous episode! -_- But damn man! This is getting better and better! I never expected that we'd get such a hint so soon after XY060. Yes, I think 10 episodes for such a hint is quite soon. But no complaints! Looks like we are in for good times.

Naturally Goodra took the spotlight here, but I don't see that as any cause for concern. The very fact we got such a big hint in that episode says enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.