• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I agree that it seems more probable to happen toward the end of the series. But I don't think that it would be necessary the case. The relationship could become canon in the mid of the series, then it being developed further: like, it being challenged by love rivals, misunderstandings, Serena having to choose between her love or her career as Kalos Queen, etc. Or she could be initially rejected and Satoshi realizing later the mistake that he have done and trying to conquer her love back, etc.

It seems very unprobable. Too soon for a confession.

Surely he would defend Serena. He has gone on her rescue sometimes in previous episodes and put himself in position to protect her from a potential danger. He would defend her even if she was a complete stranger thou: that's the nature of Satoshi.

Yeah I agree that he would protect her from a potential danger. Here's a question though we've seen Pikachu and Ash die but how do you think Ash would react if in one of the movies Serena were to die(I don't mean permanently obviously she would be brought back somehow)?

Oh and another question is do you think that they might do a movie were Ash has to save Serena in that either she gets kidnapped or he has to go get an item and bring it back to save her(I'm fully aware that it is less likely and maybe consider to dark)?

After stalking here for a few months, I am so excited by this episode that I decided to exercise my account and join the discussion

Now that Eureka knows and smirks about Serena's crush, I am anticipating that she might wing Serena, and find romantic opportunities for Tomato girl and the village idiot. Like she did for her brother. She might even pull her brother out of the way, much to our enjoyment, so that Tomato girl and the village idiot can spend some time alone.

Imagine she pulled her brother away, perhaps to find a toilet in some place.......perhaps....like a freezing snow mountain. And somehow the two groups were separated, then, tomato girl and the village idiot met some sort of angry Pokemon......let's say..... an abomasnow, enraged by team rocket..... And Serena is feeling cold, while ash is very furious with team rocket....like in almost every episode. While Serena got hurt due to the Abomasnow and team rocket...and it is Dr. oak's summer camp all over again.....fan fiction mode on....

Wait..
That seems like a wonderful episode 83 to me

Inferno792

Food Wars
[IMG200]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy/images/next/img_next150730.jpg[/IMG200]

So anyone think Serena might confess here? Think about it. Cold in the mountains and suddenly an avalanche, Serena and Ash get separated from the group and Serena thinks that they are doomed and decide to spill it to Ash since she thinks they're gonna die. I mean not exactly the most romantic setting but if she thinks that she'll never get another chance to tell Ash she just might do it.

Not a chance. There will be a pretty big build up to her confession, if that ever happens. Why would she decide to confess all of a sudden. Your question is such a troll, that pic doesn't have even the slightest bit of confession feel to it.

Well with this question How do you think Ash react if someone (human or Pokemon) want to hurt Serena? defend it or not?

He would obviously try to protect her, but I doubt that could be called a major hint because he probably would do the same thing for all of his friends.

Last edited:

MastermindofGames

GET OUT, YOU SWINE!
As well as most of us on this thread, I have just watched the latest episode of Amourshipping XY: The Series. Tbh, I squealed like a weeaboo the entire episode (future reference: I AM NOT WEEABOO). What and episode; the amour moments, the triumph of Serena, the constant tomato paste all over her face, I determined the episode rated IGN-11/10 -Would squel like a little girl again. I just wanted to share with you all my favorite screenshot: beautiful.jpg

Also, QUESTION TIME!

So now that we know Eureka is knowledgeable of the Amour, do you think she understands how far to "take it/ship it"? Will she take matters too far and really f--- it up(unintentionally)?

Inferno792

Food Wars
So now that we know Eureka is knowledgeable of the Amour, do you think she understands how far to "take it/ship it"? Will she take matters too far and really f--- it up(unintentionally)?

It's hard to say what Bonnie would do now. We wouldn't know until we've at least seen the next 2-3 episodes to see how much importance she give to Serena's feelings towards Ash. For all we know, she could either tease Serena every time she's next to Ash or she could not mention or think about it unless Serena is in Ash's arms.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
[IMG200]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy/images/next/img_next150730.jpg[/IMG200]

So anyone think Serena might confess here?

Why would she: The episode is about them crossing the mountains in a blizzard iirc, so I'm confused by that leap. If Serena were to confess, it would've been hyped more than the date episode by now anyway. Big AmourShipping hints don't usually pop out of thin air, much less a confession unfortunately. :x

How do you think Ash react if someone (human or Pokemon) want to hurt Serena? defend it or not?

He'd get mad of course, but the same would apply to Clemont or Bonnie getting hurt I suppose, so it might not be a shipping hint per se.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Hi everyone, old timer Torterra again. Just thought I'd chime in by saying I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Looks like Bonnie knows about Serena's little crush (I'll wait for subs just in case), and Miette seems to be an Amourshipper more than a love rival. And, as a bonus to my post, here's an actually decent question! :D

We have now had two Performance episodes which have resulted in large character development for Serena and hints for Amourshipping. But which do you think has helped Amour more, and why? Also, can you see the rest of the Performances having just as large an impact?

--VIRGO--

We have now had two Performance episodes which have resulted in large character development for Serena and hints for Amourshipping. But which do you think has helped Amour more, and why? Also, can you see the rest of the Performances having just as large an impact?

Hi. If it comes to performances itself I think Dendemille Showcase helped more. In Courmarine Contest Ash left her alone. Despite claiming that she is strong. Here he praised her hard word and made her literally red. Will future Showcases bring something too. Who knows, but I'm guessing yes.

About picture from snow episode. It looks to me, that Serena can't handle cold anymore and Ash simply comforting her. It will look nice though.

aipomadvanceshipper

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Now that Bonnie knows I hope she helps push them together. Or tease Serena about it when they have their girl time in their tent

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Finally watched the episode and oh my goodness it's the best Serena episode this far now.
Amourshipping hints galore and she also won in her first Tripokalon.
It's enough to make me satisfied for a very long time.

Edit: Also, my friend asked me a really good question and I want to hear everyone's opinion about it.

If you were giving the chances to see what all the future XY episode are going to be, script and everything, all the way until the end of the series and also the fate of Amourshipping, but you can't breathe a word about it until they are properly announced. Would you take that chance?

Last edited:

chicorita3

Finally watched the episode and oh my goodness it's the best Serena episode this far now.

Edit: Also, my friend asked me a really good question and I want to hear everyone's opinion about it.

If you were giving the chances to see what all the future XY episode are going to be, script and everything, all the way until the end of the series and also the fate of Amourshipping, but you can't breathe a word about it until they are properly announced. Would you take that chance?
omg this is hard!!! being the person that I am (impatient) I would take the chance. The problem with that is that I wouldn't be surprised anymore and I wouldn't want to watch the show anymore, but then I again my impatience runs the show. that's the reason why I like coming to this thread before I watch an episode.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?

No, I would not. If I knew what was going to happen, then there wouldn't be any point in watching the anime anymore. What's the point in watching a show if you know what's coming? It would get boring fast. Plus I can't keep secrets that big LOL.

TheEnigmatic97

A Random Passerby
Like how many weeks has it been since the last time I posted here? 2 months-ish? Well during those times I'm just sitting at in a cafeteria in S.S. Amour, sipping some nice coffee and writing a fanfic classroom proving the expected values of probabilty distributions, and I guess it should be the time I speak up again.

Well, I just caught up with the episodes with all the subtle hints and all, plus the discussions I saw here just now, and (almost) everything said are interesting.

Now to the main point: the recent episode. Well, this summarizes it: Bonnie knows, Ash and Clemont, especially Ash are dense, Serena wins, and everyone has a wide, toothy grin (like Ash's) after watching the episode. I love it.

And now that Bonnie knows, as what I have said pAGES ago (pun intended), I predict a lot of teasing from Bonnie, but I still don't see anything interesting just yet except for that shot from that Abomasnow? episode. Should it be that those two are alone together, and then the group re-assembles after they separate, then we could have some insight from our adorable lemon-blonde girl.

Let me toss a coin, I would answer yes if I get a head, and no if I get a tail. The reason why I said it is that I'm quite 50:50 with these stuff, and as much as I want suspense with all of the storylines and others plus AmourShipping, yes don't forget that, I also want to be showored with spoilers, so yeah, maybe yes, maybe no.

platane_hakase

Welcome, newcomers and welcome back, vet ASers.

Yeah I agree that he would protect her from a potential danger. Here's a question though we've seen Pikachu and Ash die but how do you think Ash would react if in one of the movies Serena were to die(I don't mean permanently obviously she would be brought back somehow)?

Oh and another question is do you think that they might do a movie were Ash has to save Serena in that either she gets kidnapped or he has to go get an item and bring it back to save her(I'm fully aware that it is less likely and maybe consider to dark)?

a) Surely he would go mad to try to prevent her death (and, then, to bring her back to life).
b) No. It would be soooo classic Disney about damsel in distress.

I bet not. The writers seem to steem Eureka very much to put her in such a shameful situation.

Well.
ep. 60: Serena's new outfit with Satoshi's gift on it and hairstyle; made her more determined after failure;

ep. 80 (ep. 79 according to Bulbapedia): Serena overcomes the rip in her dress, which potentially could be a disaster; she gets her first Princess Key.

I think that the first Tripokalon performance episode had a more profound impact on Serena's development.

ep 60: Serena blushes at end after Satoshi noting the blue ribbon.

ep. 80: Serena blushes before the contest when Millefeui talk her about Satoshi; she remember about Satoshi's word about never give up, the flashback with he saying that she is the best; Serena blushes in the end after new comment from Satoshi and provocation from Millefeui.

In terms of hints, episode 80 has more of them.

ep. 60: ...
ep. 80: Millefeui back; Eureka aware of AS.

In future AS development, ep. 80 could have a more deep impact.

Sure. For some reasons.

If they give me such a chance; I would take it and keep my promise of not saying a word. It would build a commitment and trust between me and the writers/producers.

I keep many secrets from my friends and professional ones. There is no problem with that. That's how human relations are made (at least part of it).

It would not prevent me from enjoying the show. I see many movies and shows that I've already seen before - most of times the fun are not affected. In part it is because our memory is not an eidetic one, we could be surprised with details that we have forgotten. But it is also because seeing something that have enjoyed us before brings back the good memories of our previous experience and that's the reason (or part of it) that we have a fun time recollecting with our friends our old adventures.

Actually I've seen many episodes of the current series more than two times.

But what of the surprise factor of the revelations? Well it will be experienced anyway: in this case when I read and see the material before aired.

#AmourWins

Last edited:

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
I appreciate all the replies, I would have taken the chance but I would be better to share the excitement with everyone else.

Anyway, on to something else.

A friend of mine noticed something that caught his eye in the XY083 picture. (Check other posts for reference)
On Serena's right shoulder you could say something that doesn't look like a part of her sweater, like a towel or some sort.
It's light blue and my he said that there appears to be a Pokeball on it.
A light blue towel like object that has a Pokeball on it now where have we heard that from?

image.jpg

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!

No. I could keep the secret, but I wouldn't want to spoil the suprise for myself.

platane_hakase said:
Well.
ep. 60: Serena's new outfit with Satoshi's gift on it and hairstyle; made her more determined after failure;

ep. 80 (ep. 79 according to Bulbapedia): Serena overcomes the rip in her dress, which potentially could be a disaster; she gets her first Princess Key.

I think that the first Tripokalon performance episode had a more profound impact on Serena's development.

ep 60: Serena blushes at end after Satoshi noting the blue ribbon.

ep. 80: Serena blushes before the contest when Millefeui talk her about Satoshi; she remember about Satoshi's word about never give up, the flashback with he saying that she is the best; Serena blushes in the end after new comment from Satoshi and provocation from Millefeui.

In terms of hints, episode 80 has more of them.

ep. 60: ...
ep. 80: Millefeui back; Eureka aware of AS.

In future AS development, ep. 80 could have a more deep impact.
This. It's weird because it's my exact opinion and outlook.
#AmourWins

how do you think Ash would react if in one of the movies Serena were to die(I don't mean permanently obviously she would be brought back somehow)?
I really wish I could say he would confess eternal love, but that's not happening.
At this point in the saga he would probably just cry.

do you think that they might do a movie were Ash has to save Serena in that either she gets kidnapped or he has to go get an item and bring it back to save her(I'm fully aware that it is less likely and maybe consider to dark)?
Before episode 80 I would say no, but three of my theories about episdoe 80 were wrong, so... I'm gonna it's possible. XD

Well, it depends on how the writers want Amour to end.
1. A dramatic canonization One way they could do this is have Eureka unintentionally get Ash and Serena into a love related fight. They then kiss and make-up.
I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

2. Going out in a blaze of glory. Same thing as above except they don't kiss and make-up. This almost certainly isn't going to happen.

3. Quiet canonization Eureka slowly breaks Ash's Amour Armor, and eventually he and Serena kiss. I give this a 30-35% chance of happening.

4. Quiet non-canonization Ash's Amour Armor breaks because of Eureka, but he still friend-zones Serena. Ugh. 10% chance of happening.

Overall, I'm going to say no.

I appreciate all the replies, I would have taken the chance but I would be better to share the excitement with everyone else.

Anyway, on to something else.

A friend of mine noticed something that caught his eye in the XY083 picture. (Check other posts for reference)
On Serena's right shoulder you could say something that doesn't look like a part of her sweater, like a towel or some sort.
It's light blue and my he said that there appears to be a Pokeball on it.
A light blue towel like object that has a Pokeball on it now where have we heard that from?

View attachment 14729

Actually, if you look closely, that's Ash's hand. He's holding Serena on both shoulders
larger picture for referrence:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI5yX7iUcAAu1LM.jpg[/img139]

As for your question, I think I'll take that chance. I'd actually love to hear all the things as to how amourshipping had started from scratch and I'd love to know if the writers are actually serious of this ship. Besides, I'm good at keeping secrets so it's perfectly fine with me. :)

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Actually, if you look closely, that's Ash's hand. He's holding Serena on both shoulders
larger picture for referrence:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI5yX7iUcAAu1LM.jpg[/img139]

As for your question, I think I'll take that chance. I'd actually love to hear all the things as to how amourshipping had started from scratch and I'd love to know if the writers are actually serious of this ship. Besides, I'm good at keeping secrets so it's perfectly fine with me. :)

Alright then, I guess we could label this Busted. (Cue Mythbusters music)
When my friend came to me with that info I nearly flipped. But I guess we just have to wait and see

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
To be fair if Serena did tell Ash how she felt about him I guess he'd be pretty clueless at first, but i think if they were to travel more I think he'd start getting a point and start acting upon it. Yes i am aware we're still pretty early into the series but i am quite fascinated on how they will try keep this ship a float.. makes me wonder, if this ship will shine more in the next movie? (that's if they make another X and Y movie because to be fair if Pokemon are able to have feelings toward each other then why not Ash and Serena?

Lastly I do kind of hope something does happen during or before the 100th episode to be fair other wise all this hype at the end of the series will be kind of a waste because we'll be waiting for the next series to start and i'd actually like to see this ship progress a lot more :)

Epic Heracross

Living the BugLife

Well, now we know that Bonnie knows this can go one of three ways:

1) Bonnie could tell Serena that she knows and play 'WingBonnie'' throughout the rest of the saga
2) She can keep it to herself and play , and play 'Secret Wing bonnie' To bring them together

Or my favorite.....

Bonnie:SERENA, YOUR A KEEPER!
Serena: WAHHHHHT!!????
Clemont: Bonnie! I told you a million times! STOP DOING THAT!
Bonnie: No! Not you Clemont! Serena is too good for you. I WAS TALKING ABOUT ASH!
*Serena goes more red than an angry Darmanitan while doing her surprised face*
Ash:*Oblivious ability activate* UHHH? What do you mean bonnie?
Bonnie: Well a few weeks ag........
* Serena steals Clemont's backpack and activates the aipom arm while using extreme speed*
Serena: NOW I KNOW HOW CLEMONT FEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLS!

Bonnie: I hope you'll think about it! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.