• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
The problem with the whole idea of Ash and Serena getting into an argument is that for the most part it would feel forced. Although if they did get into an argument it would probably be due to a misunderstanding. Althoguh I don't think the shipping really needs them to get into argument.

She's been angry at Ash before, remember the pokevision episode? he accidentally ruined her hair and outfit and she flipped her sh*t so maybe something like that to happen like the outfit her mum got her but it was a complete accident and Ash tries his best to repair it by getting a new one or taking it somewhere to be fixed, something like that. But like i said it's just to make things seem more interesting :)

ShadowForce720

She's been angry at Ash before, remember the pokevision episode? he accidentally ruined her hair and outfit and she flipped her sh*t so maybe something like that to happen like the outfit her mum got her but it was a complete accident and Ash tries his best to repair it by getting a new one or taking it somewhere to be fixed, something like that. But like i said it's just to make things seem more interesting :)

Yeah I remember the episode but she didn't seem to yell and instead only complained. But she didn't freak out. So no she hasn't gotten to the point of being angry to where she would start an argument with him and at this point it would seem forced.

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
Yeah I remember the episode but she didn't seem to yell and instead only complained. But she didn't freak out. So no she hasn't gotten to the point of being angry to where she would start an argument with him and at this point it would seem forced.

I see where you're coming from... like maybe it kinda built up over time, like him maybe frying her a few times to the point where she just gets mad at him, but yeah i wouldn't want to see an argument outa nowhere kinda situation that'll just be completely stupid to be fair

Geodude

In your opinion is ash older than the previous series?

Logic would dictate that not only is Ash older than 10, but so is Serena. She was with Ash at that summer camp in Pallet when they were younger, and in the flashback they looked to be the same age. Ash travelled through all those regions before coming to Kalos, and after all that time Serena still hadn't started her Pokemon journey, which as we know many kids in that world are excited to do as soon as they turn 10. She didn't seem particularly interested in doing that however, so she didn't leave when she hit 10. Instead apparently she spent most of her time under her mother's tutelage as a Rhyhorn racer trainee, as we know. Then again, aging is never really mentioned in the show, kind of like how in Archie comics the gang is eternally in high school, despite going on summer vacation and then back to school hundreds of times over the years.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

She is capable of getting annoyed by Ash, which I do actually enjoy since her being nice to him all the time gets old in my view. She can love Ash and still be sassy when she wants to. Her assertive side shouldn't change how she feels about him honestly. If anything, it would add spice to their potential relationship imho. :p

platane_hakase

I have found 5 images of new scans and images. Four of them include summaries of the upcoming episodes, and the last of them...
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/Yxmf1JL.jpg[/img139]

Do you think this image is shippy.

Cute. But it could be more like this: amourshipping.jpg.

Right might as well turn this into a topic:

What do you think will make Ash and Serena argue and how do you think it will develop their relationship?

If the writers decide to make them argue, surely it will be to develop their relationship: they will bicker and befriends again after then and make their bonds stronger. There is a lot of way to make them bicker. Serena could be jealous of Millefeui advances - and Satoshi oblivous about Serena's feelings defends her rival; Satoshi could push Serena too far during a training; Serena could be down for some reason and receive Satoshi's cheers as a signal that he aren't respecting her feelings; and so on.

#AmourWins

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
I go to bed and come back to see all this. Nice job guys hahaha :)

Logic would dictate that not only is Ash older than 10, but so is Serena. She was with Ash at that summer camp in Pallet when they were younger, and in the flashback they looked to be the same age. Ash travelled through all those regions before coming to Kalos, and after all that time Serena still hadn't started her Pokemon journey, which as we know many kids in that world are excited to do as soon as they turn 10. She didn't seem particularly interested in doing that however, so she didn't leave when she hit 10. Instead apparently she spent most of her time under her mother's tutelage as a Rhyhorn racer trainee, as we know. Then again, aging is never really mentioned in the show, kind of like how in Archie comics the gang is eternally in high school, despite going on summer vacation and then back to school hundreds of times over the years.

My headcanon states they're are already in their early teens. Honestly, both characters don't look 10 at all. You see other kids who are taller than Eureka but smaller than Satoshi and the others, and they look more 10 than them. XD So yeah, 13-14 is a good estimate.

She is capable of getting annoyed by Ash, which I do actually enjoy since her being nice to him all the time gets old in my view. She can love Ash and still be sassy when she wants to. Her assertive side shouldn't change how she feels about him honestly. If anything, it would add spice to their potential relationship imho. :p
-----
Same. The fact that the summary doesn't really imply at anything big regarding AmourShipping makes me think that it's all a tease, which we've gotten before. Like, I'm sure Ash worrying about whatever is wrong with Serena will be a shipping hint, but I'm not buying the hype completely. I'm waiting for a second date episode to give us the next big round of hints.

Yeah, we all saw that one time with the Fennekin outfit. But you noticed how Satoshi isn't being sassy with her. He actually backs down when she's annoyed with him. But I would like to see more Serena sass to be honest. Yes the spice, to add a bit more...taste. :3 xD

As for the preview shot, it can be a tease, like I just said. It can be bait. But I do wish there would be more out of it. The fact that they separate is one sign. I'm not hyping it up more than I should but judging from that last image, Satoshi is yelling at someone..or something. Serena looks in pain, and if you also notice Pikachu, he's not upset, he's worried too. Yes this could be ship-tease..it probably is, but they've already spoiled the one good Amourshipping moment of the episode, regardless of how big it is. Now all we need to wonder is if there is more. xD

Takeshino

武 志信
Really? Dude, that would be awesome! Alright, I'll give you a to-do list:
1. Episode 26: Everytime Serena blushes, and everytime Miette flirts with Ash.
2. Episode 7: Right Before and After Ash accidently pulls Serena into a hug. And when Serena gives him Poffels.
3. Episode 40: The whole scene where they fall into the ravine.
For now that's it. Take all the time you want, there's no deadline!
And tell me if this is to much. :p
#AmourWins

Let's see... Episode 7 wasn't much different; He said : "Especially don't give until the end, Okay? Well then, here!"
In XY026 Miette' question goes like this: "And you Sasha(Ash), is there someone in your life who takes care of you?" Ash: Huh? What do you mean? Miette then immediately looks at Serena...Stupid Ash...
Towards the end, Miette says: "If you don't confess your feelings to Ash soon I'll be the one who'll do it!"
Finally, XY040: Serena: "You're really an amazing guy/boy Sasha!" Ash: "Huh?" Serena :"I...I'll look for fresh water..."
I'll still be open for suggestions, and now, I'll do the same for the German dub! ;)

Cute. But it could be more like this: View attachment 14744.
#AmourWins
Haha. That looks much better! :)

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
That is the problem at hand. There's no fight, argument, quarrel, bickering, or whatever you'd call it between the two yet. Without it, there would be no significant character development from either side. You can call this shipping perfect, but be considerate as to what you call it. Being perfect isn't always bad. But without flaws, it can't go any further than it already is.

Actually, only Kasumi and Iris had the annoying thing of bringing up Satoshi's childish self. And you're bringing up ideas for a fanfiction. So I'll pass.

To be honest, I don't see how they would get in an argument, for Serena it just seem so OOC for her to suddenly start bickering with Ash. For Ash, I don't see a reason why he would argue with Serena, we haven't seen him really argue with any of the group members.

paul11

I'm watching...
Hey guys, I've been following you all since the first thread and posted some things and now I've decided to join again.
As for the bickering, I can also say that it can be a good development for both Ash and Serena since I myself experienced this.
My friend and I bicker a lot and I can now say we're stronger than ever. Stories aside, I think if they want to push this ship some more
then character developments are needed thus enters arguing. Although arguing is not the only factor that can help, I think it is the best option.

Last edited:

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
Hey guys, I've been following you all since the first thread and posted some things and now I've decided to join again.
As for the bickering, I can also say that it can be a good development for both Ash and Serena since I myself experienced this.
My friend and I bicker a lot and I can now say we're stronger than ever. Stories aside, I think if they want to push this ship some more
then character developments are needed thus enters arguing. Although arguing is not the only factor that can help, I think it is the best option.

Glad that joined us again, as for the arguing it's like a 50/50 split like it's good for the development of the characters and also makes things more interesting, but like other people said, it's cliche that he argues with all the female companions. but ship wise it could bring the two closer as friends like it has worked in the past, but after thinking I've started to think that it somewhat won't suit Serena's character. But like i said it may just make the ship seem more interesting and not just peaceful love.

If there will be some kind of bickering, here's how I see it going to happen:

If Serena were to start the argument

Serena gets angry at Ash because of something he did or said. Ash did not know what's wrong but it irritates him so he argues back. Serena gets extremely upset and runs away from the group and calls Ash harsh names. Clemont and Bonnie asked Ash what it was all about and Ash says he doesn't get it either. Serena realizes what she had done and that it can't be helped since it's Ash. She then thought of apologizing to him. Suddenly, le wild problem appears! Serena is in trouble because [insert trouble here]. She calls out Ash's name for help and Ash hears it. Ash rushed in to save his damsel in distress. Once he had saved the day, Ash asked Serena if she was okay and Serena said she was and apologizes about earlier since she was the one who started their fight. Ash then tells her it's okay and that he was just glad that she wasn't hurt. Serena blushed and tells Ash why she got frustrated and Ash finally gets it and promised Serena not to do it again. Then they kissed...Woah what??? XD

If Ash were the one to start the argument

Ash gets irritated by Serena because [insert whatever that will make Serena annoy Ash here]. Serena was about to cry and Ash realized what he had done. He tries to apologize but Serena was so frustrated and calls Ash harsh names and ran away. Clemont and Bonnie asked what happened and Ash tells them it was all his fault when all Serena wanted to do is to help him out. Ash not being the idiot Ash anymore, decided to make up with Serena by apologizing first. But, Le wild problem appears! Serena is in trouble because [insert trouble here]. Serena doesn't know what to do in her situation but suddenly, her idiot hero, Ash came to rescue her. After all the trouble, Ash asks Serena if she was okay and she said she was. Ash then apologizes and tells Serena that he had realized that all she wanted to do was to help him out and he should have been grateful. Serena said no need to apologize and that she forgives him but Ash said that he was really feeling guilty and promised her that starting today, he'll always appreciate the things that she'll do for him. Serena blushes of the thought and was very happy about it. Then they kissed...Dammit! Stop it brain!!! ><

Last edited:
All these teasings. I'm pretty sure that they are aware that SatoSere is working out as a lure strategy for viewers to watch. It's hyping a lot of audiences and making them drool over the episode. Makes me wonder how they'll bail out of the shipping or if they even have the balls to do it.

Ross451

Plz notice me senpai
I feel like now we've kinda fully discussed the bickering subject we need to work on something else.

Okay so if Ash and Serena were to go on an official first date, what you think they'll do?

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa

I think the writers are trying to portray Ash as being older than he was without actually telling us for sure. He just doesn't seem like he s 10 anymore. Especially since Clemont looks to be about the same age as Ash and I think you have to be older than 10 to be a gym leader don't you? Also Shota/Scottie is a starting trainer and we all know you have to be at least 10 to become a trainer and Ash is playing the big brother role with him. But I guess we'll never know for sure unless we get some official confirmation.

Okay so if Ash and Serena were to go on an official first date, what you think they'll do?

We're not going to get Ash in a suit and tie and Serena in a gorgeous expensive dress going out to a fancy restaurant or anything like that. The most romantic thing we can reasonably expect for a date is maybe Ash and Serena watching the sunset with their Pokemon. Otherwise I'm drawing a complete blank as to what they could do.

Last edited:
I feel like now we've kinda fully discussed the bickering subject we need to work on something else.

Honestly, if Ash and Serena were to go on another date, I could see it as Ash being oblivious again and only Serena was thinking that they are actually dating but this time it's an actual date instead of just shopping. Well, not that kind of "date" date, like romantic dinner or watching movies together. It will be more like hanging out with each other without the rest of their friends and Pokemon.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
If there will be some kind of bickering, here's how I see it going to happen:

If Serena were to start the bickering
Serena gets angry at Ash because of something he did or said. Ash did not know what it was all about but it somehow it irritated him so he argues back. Serena gets extremely upset and runs away from the group and calls Ash harsh names. Clemont and Bonnie asked Ash what it was all about and Ash says he doesn't get it either. Serena realizes what she had done and that it can't be helped since it's Ash. She then thought of apologizing to him. Suddenly, le wild problem appears! Serena is in trouble because [insert trouble here]. She calls out Ash's name for help and Ash hears it. Ash rushed in to save his damsel in distress. Once he had saved the day, Ash asked Serena if she was okay and Serena said she was and apologizes about earlier since she was the one who started their fight. Ash then tells her it's okay and that he was just glad that she wasn't hurt. Serena blushed and tells Ash why she got frustrated and Ash finally gets it and promised Serena not to do it again. Then the kissed...Woah what??? XD

If Ash were the one to start the argument

Ash gets irritated by Serena because [insert whatever that will make Serena annoy Ash here]. Serena was about to cry and Ash realized what he had done. He tries to apologize but Serena was so frustrated and calls Ash harsh names and ran away. Clemont and Bonnie asked what happened and Ash tells them it was all his fault when all Serena wanted to do is to help him out. Ash not being the idiot Ash anymore, decided to make up with Serena by apologizing first. But, Le wild problem appears! Serena is in trouble because [insert trouble here]. Serena doesn't know what to do in her situation but suddenly, her idiot hero, Ash came to rescue her. After all the trouble, Ash asks Serena if she was okay and she said she was. Ash then apologizes and tells Serena that he had realized that all she wanted to do was to help him out and he should have been grateful. Serena said no need to apologize and that she forgives him but Ash said that he was really feeling guilty and promised her that starting today, he'll always appreciate the things that she'll do for him. Serena blushes of the thought and was very happy about it. Then they kissed...Dammit! Stop it brain!!! ><

Lol that happens to my brain all the time.

Mohaayou said:
Let's see... Episode 7 wasn't much different; He said : "Especially don't give until the end, Okay? Well then, here!"
In XY026 Miette' question goes like this: "And you Sasha(Ash), is there someone in your life who takes care of you?" Ash: Huh? What do you mean? Miette then immediately looks at Serena...Stupid Ash...
Towards the end, Miette says: "If you don't confess your feelings to Ash soon I'll be the one who'll do it!"
Finally, XY040: Serena: "You're really an amazing guy/boy Sasha!" Ash: "Huh?" Serena :"I...I'll look for fresh water..."
I'll still be open for suggestions, and now, I'll do the same for the German dub!
Dang, that was fast! Thanks! I'll figure out some other Amoury episodes later.

paul11 said:
Welcome to The Thread! I followed the last thread too, and this one is a lot crazier, so buckle up!
1. Rule: Put #AmourWins at the end of every post.
2. Rule: Follow the first rule.

Well, that's an easy one, they would kiss.
Seriously though, they would blush and hold hands and stuff. A kiss on the cheek if we were lucky. But how would they end up on a date in the first place?

And btw, JigglyScrub I like your new signature! :D

#AmourWins

04n70n10

I think the writers are trying to portray Ash as being older than he was without actually telling us for sure. He just doesn't seem like he s 10 anymore. Especially since Clemont looks to be about the same age as Ash and I think you have to be older than 10 to be a gym leader don't you? Also Shota/Scottie is a starting trainer and we all know you have to be at least 10 to become a trainer and Ash is playing the big brother role with him. But I guess we'll never know for sure unless we get some official confirmation.

Officially Ash is still 10 YO, but the thuth IMHO simply Ash have an undetermined age, like in many shows, and 10 YO is a sort of "automatic answer" not really updated... it appears to me "forced" somehow, It's only to give a number to his age (It's better in my opinion maintain this things undetermined.... but well...).

It's a controversial matter, but for me and others Ash doesn't really have 10 YO for so many reasons and evidences (not only the fact that this series is running for many years) that one could write a book (as you noted Scottie's age is one example) Ash, Serena and Citron are clearly in their adolescent age (even physically) in my opinion. I don't know if is true, but I read that japanese shows tend to be illogic in this kind of things, other things are more important for they.

What this thing means for amourshipping? well, for example could be a kiss between Ash and Serena a serius possibility? Yes, if they are in their adolescence.

I hope XY series will continue to break all the remain patters after so many years (AS is the resoult of a long time pattern that have been broken at last). I'm tired that no one accomplished their respective dream/goal in this anime at the end (it was good the first time, add some unpredictability, but after 16+ years...)... now is win the Kalos league for Ash, win master class (kalos queen) for Serena and make AS canon... which of these goals will be achieved? none of them if writers follow the classic old scheme.

This repetitive pattern it's the only thing that prevent me to be fully optimistic.

Last edited:

platane_hakase

Welcome to this thread, paul.

But did you and your friend became a couple? In the AS what is important is that their bond as a couple become stronger. If they bicker and their friendship becomes stronger (as with Satoshi and Hikari), it would not be of much interest in AS perspective.

A romantic dinner in a restaurant. Well, from Satoshi's perspective it have not to be romantic so much as full of delicious food.

But Serena must take some care to the dinner doesn't end up as this.

Especially since Clemont looks to be about the same age as Ash and I think you have to be older than 10 to be a gym leader don't you?

Well, Kazumi assumed the Hanada City Gym.

Seriously though, they would blush and hold hands and stuff. A kiss on the cheek if we were lucky. But how would they end up on a date in the first place?

Satoshi: Eh, where are Citron and Eureka?
Serena: They said that have to make a call to their father. Well, how about hang out some time in the city meanwhile?
Satoshi: Don't know...
Serena: There is a superb restaurant right there.
Satoshi: Deal!

#AmourWins

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa
And btw, JigglyScrub I like your new signature! :D

Thanks! Hopefully people see it when they are down in the dumps about hint "droughts"

Well, Kazumi assumed the Hanada City Gym.

I thought I saw somewhere that she is at least 12. She's definitely older than 10 in the games though.

Anyway, I have been thinking now that when the group splits up in XY083 (and every time after) there could be possible Amour moments no matter how the group splits up. If Ash goes with Clemont, that leaves Bonnie to maybe talk to Serena about you know what. If Ash goes with Bonnie, Bonnie could try to make Ash open his eyes. And of course if Ash goes with Serena they get precious alone time.

Status
Not open for further replies.