• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashsfuture

So, questions: what could happen when Serena will meet again Miette? How could Miette try to "steal" Ash from Serena? Or she will continue to tease serena? What do you think?

Well let's see what Miette has done towards Serena in terms of knowing about her feelings for Ash

First meet
.Miette asks Ash about a future wife, with Serena siting right next to Ash looking very angry about Miette asking Ash that question
.Miette let's Serena know that she's aware of her feelings for Ash and warns to tell him how she feels or Miette will confess her own feelings

Second meet
.Miette asks Serena is the reason she cut her did Ash break her heart
.Miette says she might just make a move on Ash
.Miette tells Serena that she won't give up on the other competition basically(Ash)

With all this I say the next time they meet Miette just going to tease Serena, unless this is going to be an episode where they just meet Miette out of the blue then there's a good chance that she might have some interactions with Ash since the last time Miette and Serena saw one another it was time for a pokemon showcase so Miette only got to interact with Ash slightly at the end of the episode.

So maybe if we get to see Miette have more interactions with Ash and knowing Miette she'll make sure that Serena is around when she has these interactions/ conversations with him. Also it's not like Miette really wants Ash she makes Serena think that just to make Serena nervous, cause she's probably trying to get Serena to realize she needs to tell Ash how she feels or someone might end winning his heart and pretty much since episode 60 Serena heart belongs to Ash even if he doesn't realize it yet.

Question:

What if Miette was to travel with Ash and the group for a few episodes how do you think Serena would react? and what kind of interactions would you like to see if this happened?

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

Well let's see what Miette has done towards Serena in terms of knowing about her feelings for Ash

First meet
.Miette asks Ash about a future wife, with Serena siting right next to Ash looking very angry about Miette asking Ash that question
.Miette let's Serena know that she's aware of her feelings for Ash and warns to tell him how she feels or Miette will confess her own feelings

Second meet
.Miette asks Serena is the reason she cut her did Ash break her heart
.Miette says she might just make a move on Ash
.Miette tells Serena that she won't give up on the other competition basically(Ash)

With all this I say the next time they meet Miette just going to tease Serena, unless this is going to be an episode where they just meet Miette out of the blue then there's a good chance that she might have some interactions with Ash since the last time Miette and Serena saw one another it was time for a pokemon showcase so Miette only got to interact with Ash slightly at the end of the episode.

So maybe if we get to see Miette have more interactions with Ash and knowing Miette she'll make sure that Serena is around when she has these interactions/ conversations with him. Also it's not like Miette really wants Ash she makes Serena think that just to make Serena nervous, cause she's probably trying to get Serena to realize she needs to tell Ash how she feels or someone might end winning his heart and pretty much since episode 60 Serena heart belongs to Ash even if he doesn't realize it yet.

Question:

What if Miette was to travel with Ash and the group for a few episodes how do you think Serena would react? and what kind of interactions would you like to see if this happened?

Oh my Arceus! That would be a bomb! :D
Haha, Serena would go crazy... just imagine teasing and teasing and more teasing... well, just a couple of times per episode to don't make it a routine :p
And Ash, of course, having no idea of what is going on...*whistles*

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Allow me to diverge from the topic slightly, but still regarding Amour.

I have a theory, recently nicknamed the "Grand Amour Theory".

Basically, the Pokémon Company has the final say in every localized version of the Pokémon animé. I read somewhere that TPC stated that every version of the XY series intro was the same as their 1st series counterpart.

In XY60, when Serena shows up after changing her outfit, Ash says she's wearing the ribbon and thanks her. This happens in the Japanese version.
In the English version, something similar is said, but Ash compliments her further. I think he says "It suits you" or something like that.
In the French version, all bets are off. Ash says, "It is the same color as your eyes." Not direct translation, and the words may be wrong. But the thing is the French dub, Amour is pushed forward incredibly blatantly.

My theory is, What if TPC said that the French dub can and should enforce Amour-friendly dialogues?

But hey, that's just a theory. An animé theory! Thanks for reading!

Ellis

サトセレ結婚

Basically, the Pokémon Company has the final say in every localized version of the Pokémon animé. I read somewhere that TPC stated that every version of the XY series intro was the same as their 1st series counterpart.

In XY60, when Serena shows up after changing her outfit, Ash says she's wearing the ribbon and thanks her. This happens in the Japanese version.
In the English version, something similar is said, but Ash compliments her further. I think he says "It suits you" or something like that.
In the French version, all bets are off. Ash says, "It is the same color as your eyes." Not direct translation, and the words may be wrong. But the thing is the French dub, Amour is pushed forward incredibly blatantly.

My theory is, What if TPC said that the French dub can and should enforce Amour-friendly dialogues?

Interesting way of thinking about it, although a lot of these dub differences can stem from cultural aspects as well.

For example, unless Ash and Serena had a very strong and open love for each other, hearing the lines from the French dub in the original Japanese version would be unheard of. It's just not 'Japanese' as such to go and make such direct compliments like that. The "it suits you" line is very subtle, but equally as credible as a compliment. I think it's possible to see Amour's progression through the original Japanese version through the increased frequency of the compliments. If they then become more direct, and more personal from Ash, then that's when Amour will definitely be cranked up further. I'm not saying I'm necessarily 100% accurate with the ways the different cultures work, but it's the general jist of the attitudes you'd get when it comes to complimenting.
I think the fact that Ash compliments Serena itself is important. Is he being polite? I actually think he's being genuine. Remembering back to when Serena was explaining her torn dress, Ash suddenly came out of nowhere with his "it really suited you!" comment. Long shot of the explaining group, and then boom- close up of Ash complimenting Serena. I see that as significant.

The dubs will vary in different cultures because obviously there are things that are more acceptable than others. Of course, if the words of the French dub were in the Japanese version then we'd all be jumping around like some crazed, dancing unicorns. However this time they're all stemming from the same source, and they're all equally credible as a compliment in the context. The Japanese version may be more subtle, but a compliment is a compliment!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It can be not becomes canon, but just LET IT HAVE A CLOSURE...and a proper one...

I want AmourShipping to have closure too. I don't want XY to end without Ash finding out about Serena's crush on him at least. I doubt he'd suddenly fall in love with her or that it would change XY's conclusion much if that happened, but I'd feel so relieved if we get a proper ending: I don't want to be left hanging after all these years of following the ship. :x

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
An interesting twist: Zinnia meets Ash, is revealed to be his granddaughter from another dimension / future and joins games (those Mega-evolution) with the main anime, xD
Well Seriously I guess it ideal for end Amourshipping in the anime being that at the end of the saga in a moving farewell between Ash and Serena by "X" motif (but believable) decide to continue accompanying, this way to be a final something open gives more possibilities in the future.

That would be awesome. Zinnia is my second favorite character in all the games. ORAS ftw!

Sheepy Lamby said:
I was just kidding dude. (I use to tease my friends with this music when they get a girlfriend)
However (tbh) I expect anything from Ash.
Nice. I'll have to try that sometime. XD

what could happen when Serena will meet again Miette? How could Miette try to "steal" Ash from Serena? Or she will continue to tease serena? What do you think?
I am 99% sure that Miette isn't really trying to steal Ash. She's just that friend you have that's always pushing you to tell your crush your feelings. As for she'll tease Serena, I think she'll just make some snide remarks like last time. She doesn't need anything specific.

Serena would cussing like ****. I'd like for Miette to admit to Serena that she doesn't really like Ash, and encourage her in a friendly way to tell Ash how she feels. Of course I'd like some malicous comments too.

RobSp1derp1g said:

I once thought of that too! I dismissed it the first time because of how much 4kids pushed Pokéshipping but it never became canon, BUT I just recently did some digging and I found that the Pokéshipping was originally going to become canon.
And that's why 4kids pushed it so hard. So yeah, your theory makes a lot of sense. And it's good for Amour.
#AmourWins

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa
On a scale of 1-10, how likely is Amour to be made canon?

Currently, I'd give it about a 75% chance of canonization. It's very clear that they are interested in advancing this plot in the anime that has brought back many fans. The only thing keeping me from saying 95% or even higher is the show's history. If this was anything but Pokemon, I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed to eventually become canon. I think the writers know though, that they have little room for error. I feel like making Amour canon is the only way they can delay Ash winning a league for another season without the fans rioting. So I guess we'll see.

I also think they will most likely separate at
the end, but without an amazing farewell. They will most likely tell each other that they're very important to each other and promising one another that they will meet each other once again. If this were to be the ending then I would be a bit disappointed but at the same time not mad, it sorta would be a satisfiying ending but not the best.

This would be the absolute worst ending that could happen. It would be the worst attempt at weaseling their way out of making Amour canon. How many "promises" has Ash made that are never fulfilled? Serena would pretty much become the human Pidgeot if that happened. We'd probably never see Serena again.

I think it's more that the French are more romantic in all aspects, not just love. To the French, it might not even be more significant than "it suits you" is to the Japanese. I don't know if this is 100% true but I would say it is for the most part. But if TPCi knows something that we don't about Amour's outcome, I won't complain if they enhance some of the hints.

Hey guys, remember when Ash jumped off the airship in the Goodra episode and Serena almost hugged him? Well, with the Talonflame episode coming up, we saw Ash jump into a volcano to try to...... Actually I don't know what Ash thinks he's going to accomplish by doing that but that's not the point. What if Serena is just so overcome with relief when he returns to safety that she just can't contain herself and gives a full-blown, undeniable kiss hug? This sounds like absolutely best case scenario so I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Ellis

サトセレ結婚
Hey guys, remember when Ash jumped off the airship in the Goodra episode and Serena almost hugged him? Well, with the Talonflame episode coming up, we saw Ash jump into a volcano to try to...... Actually I don't know what Ash thinks he's going to accomplish by doing that but that's not the point. What if Serena is just so overcome with relief when he returns to safety that she just can't contain herself and gives a full-blown, undeniable kiss hug? This sounds like absolutely best case scenario so I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

The only thing that gets my hopes down for such an outcome is the fact that it's probably only a one-episode filler with the focus all leading to the battle between Moltres and Fletchinder/Talonflame. I mean obviously we don't know what happens in the episode yet but the chances are Moltres will probably swoop down at the last moment and save them. Compare this to the Goodra episode, then it was a two-parter which was split in the middle by a dystopian reality which then got resolved after Ash, Goodra and Florges returned. With that build up of tension from a more sinister plot, it's more likely for Serena to have a more relieved reaction after such suspense. That's why I have my doubts for this episode, unless they really want to push for it it, then there probably won't be enough build-up to warrant Serena being overcome with relief. The chances are she might even be completely out of the focus for the episode. I could be wrong though, and would definitely like to be wrong!

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...

Currently, I'd give it about a 75% chance of canonization. It's very clear that they are interested in advancing this plot in the anime that has brought back many fans. The only thing keeping me from saying 95% or even higher is the show's history. If this was anything but Pokemon, I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed to eventually become canon. I think the writers know though, that they have little room for error. I feel like making Amour canon is the only way they can delay Ash winning a league for another season without the fans rioting. So I guess we'll see.

This would be the absolute worst ending that could happen. It would be the worst attempt at weaseling their way out of making Amour canon. How many "promises" has Ash made that are never fulfilled? Serena would pretty much become the human Pidgeot if that happened. We'd probably never see Serena again.

I think it's more that the French are more romantic in all aspects, not just love. To the French, it might not even be more significant than "it suits you" is to the Japanese. I don't know if this is 100% true but I would say it is for the most part. But if TPCi knows something that we don't about Amour's outcome, I won't complain if they enhance some of the hints.

Or, after Ash gets safely on land, Serena slaps him, with tears on her face (it's a freaking volcano! What's the other outcome here?) saying "You have any idea how worried I was? before hugging him...
That'd be awesome and actually likely.

A solid 8, at least in my view. Other characters are aware of Serena's feelings, which are not being denied by her.

Crassus

Banned
Oh c'mon, this is the best you can find? Ash and Serena aren't dying!

I'd prefer these two songs. If Ash accepts Serena:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0wmzoHd6yo

or if he does not (in which case, curse you writers!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI

Those are exactly the songs I would choose :)

what could happen when Serena will meet again Miette? How could Miette try to "steal" Ash from Serena? Or she will continue to tease serena? What do you think?

Miette will continue to bring out hints from Serena's side, and hopefully she'll find a way to have Serena react positively to Ash.

Serena would be really uncomfortable, at least until Miette tells Serena that she isn't trying to steal Ash, she's just trying to get Ash and Serena together, and then she'll urge Serena to make a move on Ash. Before she leaves the group, Miette will give hints to Ash that Serena likes him. Ash becomes confused and does not pick up the hint (at least at that time).

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I also think they will most likely separate at the end, but without an amazing farewell. They will most likely tell each other that they're very important to each other and promising one another that they will meet each other once again. If this were to be the ending then I would be a bit disappointed but at the same time not mad, it sorta would be a satisfiying ending but not the best.

This would not satisfy me one iota, and this is coming from someone who isn't as much of an Amourshipper as he used to be. In order to have any sense of satisfaction at all should Ash and Serena split up, Ash must become at least 100% aware of Serena's feelings for him, even if it means seeming a bit OOC. He must know them, grrr.

Like I said before, that kid is going places. Not the League but places.
Anyway, it's Ash. It's so typical of him to do crazy stunts like that. It wouldn't be Ash if he doesn't go suicidal. XD

Going back to the point, It will be interesting to see Serena's reaction once Ash jumps into the volcano, although we already know how she'll react to that but it would still be nice to see. I just hope Serena is actually there to witness her beloved village idiot fall into his own demise and see how she cries in despair, mwahahahahaha!!!! Oh Arceus, I'm such a terrible person. XD

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Or, after Ash gets safely on land, Serena slaps him, with tears on her face (it's a freaking volcano! What's the other outcome here?) saying "You have any idea how worried I was? before hugging him...
That'd be awesome and actually likely.

A solid 8, at least in my view. Other characters are aware of Serena's feelings, which are not being denied by her.

Or, after Ash safely gets on land, Serena drop-kicks him and says: "Stop trying to kill yourself, you idiot!" And then hugs him.
Anyway, I'm actually really hyped for the Episode. I shouldn't be, but I am.

Setsuna F Seiei said:
Like I said before, that kid is going places. Not the League but places.
Anyway, it's Ash. It's so typical of him to do crazy stunts like that. It wouldn't be Ash if he doesn't go suicidal. XD

Going back to the point, It will be interesting to see Serena's reaction once Ash jumps into the volcano, although we already know how she'll react to that but it would still be nice to see. I just hope Serena is actually there to witness her beloved village idiot fall into his own demise and see how she cries in despair, mwahahahahaha!!!! Oh Arceus, I'm such a terrible person. XD
Ash's List Of Places To Go:
1. Heaven: I can't wait to visit it! I've been trying so hard! If only Fire-Chickens will stop saving my life...
2. The League: First I want to go to Heaven.
3. High Places With Small Ledges: I just love tiny ledges for some reason! There's always a voice in my head that says: "Go jump of a mountain." Maybe I should see a Psychiatrist? Naw, suicidal thoughts are fine.

9/10. The writers need to clean up their act and they know it. Plus, the anime needs a reboot.

#AmourWins

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

As in fully canon by XY's end, I'd say a 5 since that's somewhere around the middle. The writers have never done a romance subplot of this magnitude on the show, so I worry about AmourShipping's fate, but I also think that anything's possible so it might become canon if the writers decide to go in a new direction and perhaps end the show with Ash and Serena as a couple.

Satoshi & Touko

Even if I'm not as much of a supporter of Amourshipping as I used to be, a part of me really does ship it, and rather hard too cause I just want to watch Ash take a romantic interest in someone. Assuming that this generation will last 3 years, we are getting that much closer to the final result of the ship and the tension is killing me.

MARCOD1091

Ok let's assume for a second that amour does become canon and ash and Serena become a couple at the end of X and Y. How do you think they will continue the anime? Will they continue with Ash and Serena or will they reboot the series? Maybe a time skip?

Satoshi & Touko

Ok let's assume for a second that amour does become canon and ash and Serena become a couple at the end of X and Y. How do you think they will continue the anime? Will they continue with Ash and Serena or will they reboot the series? Maybe a time skip?

I would want them to travel to the next region and for Serena to do Contests. Ash has experience with being a helpful partner courtesy of two certain other coordinators. They can make their bond so much deeper like Ash and Dawn did in DP. Amour would be more unique and more special though since it would already be canon at this point.

Commander Wrex

At this point, a grand number of us Amourshippers here will want the writers to at bare minimum explicitly address the Amourshipping business here. And if the writers for some reason choose not to give any conclusion (as in, leave the entire possibility for the pairing to be ignored or unresolved even), then the Pokémon anime may as well be dead to us all.

Okay, maybe a bit overdramatic, but it's not out of the question especially for fans that have been with the show for more than half of its existence. Just how long can the company/writers continue to milk the viewers of the Ash storyline of coming up short in championships - and, for those of us into shipping, watch as the story continues to drop the main female character out of relevance for another? I think the writers realize that they're at a point where, if they want to continue the anime as a whole, they're going to have to consider mixing things up a bit. And that's of course why they chose to bring the whole Serena storyline and Amourshipping was born.

So, yeah. I really do feel that when the XY series reaches to the last episodes, that they'll need to address the whole Amourshipping subplot and have a suitable ending/conclusion if the Ash storyline comes to a close OR if they are going to proceed with the whole rinse-and-repeat formula (Ash's journey continuing to the next region and all that). They should know that they'll only further alienating the fanbase if they try to balk at the subplot - or worse, making a half-baked attempt at a conclusion or realization for it all.

I, like many of us, do hope that Ash eventually gets over his density and the Amourshipping subplot be brought up in discussion between him and Serena - and not having it addressed one-sided or anything like that. Whatever happens will happen, as we all have our own levels of satisfaction on how the writers will handle Amourshipping. For me, I personally want it to come to fruition (or, a strong indication that there is a future for Amourshipping and that Ash does at some level feel for Serena) and to have Ash's storyline conclude with it coming true. If it doesn't come to fruition AND Amourshipping is done for, then I'll truly be done with the anime simply because I've already given the anime too many chances to change its pace and will not settle in the same-old, same-old stuff.

Some of us will feel the same as I do, some may not and another some may actually be okay with Amour not coming true IF at the very least Ash realizes what Serena's been feeling for a long time. But one thing's for sure - the anime writers are at a point of no return with Amourshipping, and therefore must handle this as ably as they can, especially if they have plans to continue this past the XY saga.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Or, after Ash safely gets on land, Serena drop-kicks him and says: "Stop trying to kill yourself, you idiot!" And then hugs him.
Anyway, I'm actually really hyped for the Episode. I shouldn't be, but I am.

Ash's List Of Places To Go:
1. Heaven: I can't wait to visit it! I've been trying so hard! If only Fire-Chickens will stop saving my life...
2. The League: First I want to go to Heaven.
3. High Places With Small Ledges: I just love tiny ledges for some reason! There's always a voice in my head that says: "Go jump of a mountain." Maybe I should see a Psychiatrist? Naw, suicidal thoughts are fine.

9/10. The writers need to clean up their act and they know it. Plus, the anime needs a reboot.

#AmourWins

First off all, sorry about this sadistic post. I think I wrote it in the morning. XD

Commander Wrex said:
At this point, a grand number of us Amourshippers here will want the writers to at bare minimum explicitly address the Amourshipping business here. And if the writers for some reason choose not to give any conclusion (as in, leave the entire possibility for the pairing to be ignored or unresolved even), then the Pokémon anime may as well be dead to us all.

Okay, maybe a bit overdramatic, but it's not out of the question especially for fans that have been with the show for more than half of its existence. Just how long can the company/writers continue to milk the viewers of the Ash storyline of coming up short in championships - and, for those of us into shipping, watch as the story continues to drop the main female character out of relevance for another? I think the writers realize that they're at a point where, if they want to continue the anime as a whole, they're going to have to consider mixing things up a bit. And that's of course why they chose to bring the whole Serena storyline and Amourshipping was born.

So, yeah. I really do feel that when the XY series reaches to the last episodes, that they'll need to address the whole Amourshipping subplot and have a suitable ending/conclusion if the Ash storyline comes to a close OR if they are going to proceed with the whole rinse-and-repeat formula (Ash's journey continuing to the next region and all that). They should know that they'll only further alienating the fanbase if they try to balk at the subplot - or worse, making a half-baked attempt at a conclusion or realization for it all.

I, like many of us, do hope that Ash eventually gets over his density and the Amourshipping subplot be brought up in discussion between him and Serena - and not having it addressed one-sided or anything like that. Whatever happens will happen, as we all have our own levels of satisfaction on how the writers will handle Amourshipping. For me, I personally want it to come to fruition (or, a strong indication that there is a future for Amourshipping and that Ash does at some level feel for Serena) and to have Ash's storyline conclude with it coming true. If it doesn't come to fruition AND Amourshipping is done for, then I'll truly be done with the anime simply because I've already given the anime too many chances to change its pace and will not settle in the same-old, same-old stuff.

Some of us will feel the same as I do, some may not and another some may actually be okay with Amour not coming true IF at the very least Ash realizes what Serena's been feeling for a long time. But one thing's for sure - the anime writers are at a point of no return with Amourshipping, and therefore must handle this as ably as they can, especially if they have plans to continue this past the XY saga.
That's not over-dramatic at all. This pretty much sums up how I feel about Amourshipping. I do have to disagree with the "point of no return" part though. This is the writers we're talking about. They do whatever the heck they want. You could say Pokéshipping hit the point of no return, but they cancelled it anyway. Amour does outclass it, but still Pokéshipping had hints as well.

Shadow1275

Good question. As a fan who would love to see Captain Oblivious finally grow a bit, I do hope that Amourshipping does become canon in some sort of way or that Ash reveals whatever he is feeling in relation to Serena despite being a serious Pearlshipper. But we also have to remember a couple of things. The Pokemon anime is first and foremost a kids show aimed at marketing the main game series and the anime team is always pushing pairing fanservice in order increase views. When 4kids was airing the first couple seasons for example they pushed AshXMisty hard creating songs such as "under the mistletoe" and "Misty's song." Both of which weren't even part of the Japanese version. The Japanese team did the same thing later on with "High Touch" for example. But of course nothing came of those except for cameos in the next generation.

This is why if I had to put on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the most confident in it happening, I'd give it a 2/10. I'd personally love for it to happen or at least for Ash to acknowledge her feelings but past history and the reality of what this show is really hurts its chances in my opinion. On top of that the furthest any pokemon game has gotten when it comes to romance is basically one-sided shiptease a la the lovely Shauna and May/Brendan.

But even though the odds are against us I still believe that Amourshipping is one of the most successful pairings and is a huge step in maturing the story simply because this is the first pokemon anime series where one of the main characters is clearly attracted to another. (Though I will always argue that Dawn did have romantic feelings for Ash.;P)

Status
Not open for further replies.