• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomyno

Sorry to get off topic abit but I was wondering how old are some of you guys, I wanna see around how old amourshipping fans are?
I'm 15

19. Some people think I'm too old for pokemon:). So, I'd like to watch till the end since they were always important part of my childhood, and amourshipping is making me realise that I'm an adult now ( in fact, as soon Ash grew up and start acting more maturely, it influenced me to higher responsibility for myself...)

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
19. Some people think I'm too old for pokemon:). So, I'd like to watch till the end since they were always important part of my childhood, and amourshipping is making me realise that I'm an adult now ( in fact, as soon Ash grew up and start acting more maturely, it influenced me to higher responsibility for myself...)

I'm 26, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm still a fan of Pokémon.
If anything, being a fan of Pokémon influenced my writing style.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Arguments... your comment reminds me that some people here wanted Serena and Ash to have arguments as a way to test and then strengthen their relationship, lol

I think I was one of those people who wanted this, though it seems impossible for them to argue with each other now in my view. Ash and Serena simply get along too well for them to fight, plus it's hard to imagine their relationship changing even if they did argue: We all know they'd get over it by the next episode.

Sheepy Lamby

I think I was one of those people who wanted this, though it seems impossible for them to argue with each other now in my view. Ash and Serena simply get along too well for them to fight, plus it's hard to imagine their relationship changing even if they did argue: We all know they'd get over it by the next episode.

The point is Serena lost her initial sassy attitude, and Ash is not really an impulsive person.
Ash doesn't even have a main rival in this saga...

More than an argument, I see a potential conflict of interest if Serena has to stay in Kalos once this saga ends. (And this would be the perfect excuse for Ash to continue his trip without Serena)
Not wishing a bad ending but this is a possibility :s

--VIRGO--

Just like in Hoenn. Didn't have true rival in AG. Back to the topic.
Ash matured. He isn't as much aggressive toward other friends, as before. He gets along with Serena very well. That's impressive IMO. And as I said before, that makes their relationship special in that way. They understand each other very well. Like when Serena lost her first Showcase. Ash told, that she is strong and she can get above her loss. Probably most of you won't share my opinion, but I still think, that Ash is (subconsciously maybe) attracted to her.

Last edited:
The point is Serena lost her initial sassy attitude, and Ash is not really an impulsive person.
Ash doesn't even have a main rival in this saga...

More than an argument, I see a potential conflict of interest if Serena has to stay in Kalos once this saga ends. (And this would be the perfect excuse for Ash to continue his trip without Serena)
Not wishing a bad ending but this is a possibility :s

I can only see one scenario where Serena and Ash actually has a conflict, its when Serena begins to take Miette's words seriously, and starts to blatantly hint Ash in various way, but Ash does not respond. Then Serena becomes increasingly frustrated, eventually leading to an argument, where Serena accidentally confesses, leaving Ash speechless.

Sheepy Lamby

I can only see one scenario where Serena and Ash actually has a conflict, its when Serena begins to take Miette's words seriously, and starts to blatantly hint Ash in various way, but Ash does not respond. Then Serena becomes increasingly frustrated, eventually leading to an argument, where Serena accidentally confesses, leaving Ash speechless.

Serena is not that innocent to take Miette's words seriously. Miette (if serious) had pleanty of opportunities to get close to Ash and threaten Serena.
Serena confessing? Hm...again, Serena has matured and she doesn't act impulsively like during the first episodes or when she cut her hair. A confession several episodes before the finale would be interesting though... :O

Just like in Hoenn. Didn't have true rival in AG. Back to the topic.
Ash matured. He isn't as much aggressive toward other friends, as before. He gets along with Serena very well. That's impressive IMO. And as I said before, that makes their relationship special in that way. They understand each other very well. Like when Serena lost her first Showcase. Ash told, that she is strong and she can get above her loss. Probably most of you won't share my opinion, but I still think, that Ash is (subconsciously maybe) attracted to her.

Sorry if I sounded off topic, I was explaining how Ash's personality (and stress level) wouldn't make it argue with Serena.
Imo, Ash is impressed of Serena, not attracted. His attitude towards her is more of pride and friendship instead of affection.

sky7s46

I got a question for you armourshipping fans - As we all are aware Ash has 6 gym badges and Serena has one Key so XY is going to continue for at least one to two more years and it has been an awesome ride. Lots of People think that Serena is going to confess which brings me to my 2 questions: If Serena were to confess her feelings to Ash how would yourself and Ash react and my second question: If Ash confessed his feelings for Serena how would serena and yourself react

Commander Wrex

In regards to the likelihood that Ash and Serena will ever have an argument (or not), I'm leaning towards the mindset that they won't have anything major like the one in BW near the end of that saga or the like. Though I'm one to prefer one to happen (as a way to develop the chemistry between the two), I do doubt that the writers will consider putting the two into a situation where a major argument occurs. Even more doubtful will be an argument that would lead to significant damage to their tight friendship.

Also, in regards to Ash's own feelings of Serena, all we can say is what we see with our own eyes. And what we see in our own eyes is a typical display of affection - just not in a romantic sense. Whether he does have deeper feelings for her or otherwise, we honestly don't know. He's never denied it outright, but he also never says anything that can be interpreted as explicit feelings in the romantic sense. So no, what he has shown to her so far is merely deep respect and admiration for the development as a person throughout their journeys up to this point.

I got a question for you armourshipping fans - As we all are aware Ash has 6 gym badges and Serena has one Key so XY is going to continue for at least one to two more years and it has been an awesome ride. Lots of People think that Serena is going to confess which brings me to my 2 questions: If Serena were to confess her feelings to Ash how would yourself and Ash react and my second question: If Ash confessed his feelings for Serena how would serena and yourself react

First off, I don't think the XY saga will last more than one whole year at this point. He's already at the 7th badge, which he will likely get in the coming weeks. Whether the same cast (or some) stay the same to continue on to another saga remains to be seen. But yes, it has been awesome :)

I think that, at some point, Serena will entertain the question of confessing to Ash about her own feelings in time. But it's not a 100% guarantee - maybe she'll outgrow them, or puts it off when the XY cast do separate, or maybe Ash himself will bring it up on his own end (which of course is the second question). But I do think that if the story goes as it should, that Serena will be the one to address this before XY series comes to a close.

If Serena is the one to confess:

a) My hope: Ash would eventually warm to the confession and either reveals his own feelings as the same, or will understand them but tell her that his mindset isn't in for romance at the moment. Basically ANYTHING that doesn't result in a friend-zone situation and that the shipping becomes canon.

b) My expectation: that Ash will friend-zone her, initially in a rough sense as he'll be both surprised AND be unsure on how to respond to it. Eventually the two will settle in a 'middle-ground' solution where Serena will go her separate ways to pursue her dream and Ash will do the same, BUT the two remain in good terms and/or keep an open mind of the 'confession' for later. Basically, Amour doesn't become canon and/or ends up being sidelined.

If Ash confessed his feelings for Serena (very doubtful, but can be a surprising twist in Amour):

a) My hopes: that Serena will be overjoyed and admits her own feelings. I would hope that this would take place in Pallet Town; a bit cheesy and cliche, but it works.

b) My expectations: that nothing happens. By that, I mean that this scenario wouldn't exist, purely because Ash isn't one in the mindset of love. Even with the hints that could be interpreted as genuine (close) feelings for Serena, those hints could easily be just out of close friendship and nothing else.

In any case, I hope that the climax of Amourshipping comes to a head when the two (and perhaps the Lemon Heads, though I'd prefer just Ash and Serena) visit Pallet Town. I mean, it has to happen (the flashback at camp and all that....). And regardless of who confesses first, I'd hope that the two will realize each other's feelings (especially Serena's own feelings) and that the shipping either remains open-ended or a possibility IF it doesn't become canon.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix

Now that I think about it, I feel like the XY series could go on for another year or so because of the pacing of the journey, don't forget we still got the potential Team Flare arc and that might take a few months.

Now to your question,

For the first question: Ash would be a bit surprised of Serena's confession. This could go two ways, one, Ash STILL doesn't understand what she means but Serena confessed so that makes Amourshipping half canon. Or two, he finally realizes his feelings and confesses to Serena as well. For me, I would be jumping for joy that she has finally done it.

For the second question: Like Serena, I would be really, really shocked and impressed that Ash has the courage to actually confess to Serena. But what I want first is for the writers to hint at Ash slowly understanding his feelings, like he starts giving out more hints. That way, when it finally happens, it wouldn't be so out of the blue and surprising

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!

If Serena confessed to Ash after some character devlopment from Ash's side which resulted in him also having a crush, then Ash would put on a Poker Face for a few minutes, but then get overjoyed and Amourshipping would become canon. As for my reaction, I would sit down, remeber all the Amourshipping moments on this thread and in the anime, and I would feel sad that it's over.

If Ash confessed then I would get pretty mad at the writers. Serena began this, so she needs to finish this. Also, it would be way to OOC even after character devlopment. Serena would probably faint though.

#AmourWins (Why did everyone forget about this, it was fun :( )

Lorde

My reaction would be surprise since I'm still not sure if the writers would have her confess, though it's the best scenario for AmourShipping imho. Ash would be shocked in my opinion since I don't think he knows that she likes him. I don't think Ash would confess anything though for reasons I've explained, so I'm not sure how Serena would react to the opposite happening.

ashsfuture

If Serena confesses I would be happy for her cause she finally put her feelings out there and it's going to be like she's had a giant weight lifted off her shoulders and tbh it needs to be Serena who confesses anyway. For the main reason is that Serena has had these feelings for Ash for years pretty much ever since she was a little girl.

As for Ash's reaction I think he would be shocked and just trying to process what Serena just said to him.

If Ash confesses which is at this moment OOC for him, I have to say Serena reaction at least would be similar to Hinata's reaction to when Naruto told her he loved her and she can't response and just awkward silence and then just go from there.

Even so I still want Serena to confess.

Just for fun

Question:

How would you and Serena also Bonnie react if Miette asked Ash out on a date? (LOL!)

Last edited:

--VIRGO--

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Serena probably would be in panic afraid of Ash's reactions, like in Penelope's episode, Or she would be boiling inside. Bonnie would be mad, while Clemont couldn't figure out why Bonnie is reacting this way.

Lorde

How would you and Serena also Bonnie react if Miette asked Ash out on a date? (LOL!)

I don't think Bonnie should be involved in the ship, so I could care less about how she'd react honestly. I'd scream if Miette was bold enough to ask Ash out, though I think she'd only do that to make Serena super jealous. Serena would be mad as heck, but hopefully she'd make a move on Ash fast before things get messy and give us some ship progression.

If Serena confesses I would be happy for her cause she finally put her feelings out there and it's going to be like she's had a giant weight lifted off her shoulders and tbh it needs to be Serena who confesses anyway. For the main reason is that Serena has had these feelings for Ash for years pretty much ever since she was a little girl.

As for Ash's reaction I think he would be shocked and just trying to process what Serena just said to him.

If Ash confesses which is at this moment OOC for him, I have to say Serena reaction at least would be similar to Hinata's reaction to when Naruto told her he loved her and she can't response and just awkward silence and then just go from there.

Even so I still want Serena to confess.

Just for fun

Question:

I would be very happy to see such scenario. I'm not sure what Bonnie will react because she can be really unpredictable. Serena will obviously be jealous and angry, and will make bolder moves toward Ash that she wouldn't have done before.

Kerthorok

I don't know if this is correct or not, but according to Bulbapedia, there is no air date for episode 79 of the dub. And yet episode 78 is scheduled for September 5th, and episode 80 is scheduled for September 12th. Is it possible that the dub cut that episode? I only ask this because the episode is, as we know, of great Amour importance.

MARCOD1091

I don't know if this is correct or not, but according to Bulbapedia, there is no air date for episode 79 of the dub. And yet episode 78 is scheduled for September 5th, and episode 80 is scheduled for September 12th. Is it possible that the dub cut that episode? I only ask this because the episode is, as we know, of great Amour importance.

Yo you're right, unless the writers are not putting that episode in the dub that's a bit strange, but I doubt that it won't air seeing as how important this episode is the the series. It's Serena's first showcase win. It would be kinda weird if they didn't show this episode, but all of a sudden Serena has a princess key the next episode.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
Had the rare opportunity to catch the show again tonight. Seems like there aren't that many hints. Honestly the only thing that actually happened was Serena shouting Satoshi's name again..but this time, if I'm correct, she scolds him xD ahaha
But hey! We got the fire birb all Talonflame'd ;)

And that's weird how the dub is for some reason not giving out an air date for those two episodes....

pokemaster442

いくZ!
Well, as for the latest episode that aired, nothing amourshipping in it apart from Serena calling Satoshi careless after he was rescued from the lava.

Nothing in next weeks episode since its a bonnie focused episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.