• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
I Agree with asuna07neros,it seems the ship is not progressing at all tho like matthew11 said,im happy its not sinking (yet), but we need something to spark this ship to make progress... to tell you guys the truth, im tired of all the hints that coming from Serena, i want a new pattern where she can show it obviously to Ash and A solid hint from Ash.
ryt now i have feeling the writers might do the tradition again where the female character stay and Ash going to another region..
let see if this XY&Z series can change my view for amourship and give us a spark, something new and exciting event for Ash and Serena.

PS:Episode 90 sub is out!
okay it seems my translation is correct about Shauna saying "Thats what you liked about him ryt?" but not sure about it since my english is bad xD, and make people confuse >.< (Gomenasai!)

I think you're right, it's time we got a hint from Ash, but not a solid hint. Then we would all know Amourshipping is 100% going to be canon, and how boring would that be? As for wanting new Serena hints, I agree completely. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to get bored of all the random blushes. I hope Bonnie/Shauna will start to progress things.

matthew11 said:
Unless if he blushes out of affection. Awkward and uncomfortable blushes are what I'm expecting from him.
That could work. It would be hard to tell if he was uncomfortable because, well, Serena is making and advance on him and that's the only reason, or if he is uncomfortable because he returns her feelings and because he's Ash, has no idea what they are.

Ikcatcher

Firebird Phoenix
Since we don't seem to have anything to get excited over Amour-wise, I'll put up a topic.
Are there any things about Amourshipping that you don't like?
Um... Sorry to anyone who might take offense to this question. Not that I think anyone here would, but I've learned how sensitive the Internet is the hard way recently.

While I do like Amourshipping till (most likely) the end of time. There is one thing I didn't like: The flashback.

Now don't get me wrong! The flashback was important, without it Serena wouldn't be as memorable as she is now. It's just that the writers could have expanded more on that flashback. Like it honestly feels like we're missing a much bigger picture

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
While I do like Amourshipping till (most likely) the end of time. There is one thing I didn't like: The flashback.

Now don't get me wrong! The flashback was important, without it Serena wouldn't be as memorable as she is now. It's just that the writers could have expanded more on that flashback. Like it honestly feels like we're missing a much bigger picture

But they would only be able to expand on that flashback if Ash and Serena were actually childhood friends, which they are not. It seems clear to me at this point that there was nothing more after Ash took Serena to wherever. Besides, if that's not enough, Ash also remembers people who he had short-length encounters with but he couldn't even remember Serena. We can't be missing something that never existed ;)

MARCOD1091

That is if she had to choose between her goal and Satoshi. That's the only scenario I can think of, capable of bringing out Serena's courage and honesty towards her feelings. If there is more, please do tell.

Unless if he blushes out of affection. Awkward and uncomfortable blushes are what I'm expecting from him.

Like I said. Just be patient.

I agree we just need to be patient, while I do agree that their should be more has hints. He should slowly break his density. Maybe with the new season coming up we could get some nice moments but I feel like amour might be at its highest near the end of the series, this for now might just be a side thing but I feel by the end amour is gonna get a lot more emphasis, and some more development

--VIRGO--

But they would only be able to expand on that flashback if Ash and Serena were actually childhood friends, which they are not. It seems clear to me at this point that there was nothing more after Ash took Serena to wherever. Besides, if that's not enough, Ash also remembers people who he had short-length encounters with but he couldn't even remember Serena. We can't be missing something that never existed ;)

Well. That's not entirely truth. About the second half of your post. He did remember The Straw-Hat girl from his childhood. He just didn't correlate, that Serena is that girl from his childhood. Otherwise he wouldn't realize it so quickly. When she described him the situation, where they met, he was able to find out, that his childhood damsel in distress stands in front of him.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Sorry this is a little out of the blue, but I just wanted to say how much I liked the Dub version of the episode when Ash complimented Serena's outfit after she won her first Showcase. If the stare at the Fennekin outfit isn't my favorite "Ash hint", then this is <3<3<3.

I now forgive the dubbers for their XY026 doings :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I think the flashback perfectly set up the basis for Serena meeting Ash again and the ship's origin in general, but I personally didn't like it much either. It felt too short to me, which is why I was hoping there was much more to it. Alas, it seems like Ash and Serena's camp encounter in the woods was all that they went through together as little kids.

MARCOD1091

Sorry this is a little out of the blue, but I just wanted to say how much I liked the Dub version of the episode when Ash complimented Serena's outfit after she won her first Showcase. If the stare at the Fennekin outfit isn't my favorite "Ash hint", then this is <3<3<3.

I now forgive the dubbers for their XY026 doings :D

Lol ikr the way ash said Her dress looked great was really well done. The dub did a good job with that episode and that's great to see and i hope that we get some more moments like that.

Hey, Amourians! It's been a while

From Japanese Twitter:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRWdl_WUcAEEa1K.jpg[/img139]

I wonder why Serena's looking at Ash like that. It's kinda....eerie... 0_o

AshSerena, I summon thee and tell us what was happening here. XD

AshSerena

Hey, Amourians! It's been a while

From Japanese Twitter:

I wonder why Serena's looking at Ash like that. It's kinda....eerie... 0_o

AshSerena, I summon thee and tell us what was happening here. XD

i got summon by Setsuna F Seiei lol! XD
nah she remember of what Ash told her during the Summer Camp, where Ash told her that Fennekin say it wants to find a dream together with Serena, (i wont do caption anymore cough cough*) XD it only make people confuse
and Ash doing the same , saying he and Frogadier are going stronger together to find his dream , to win Kalos League and his dream Pokemon Master
but that Serena Stare... so cute! xD

Last edited:
Serena: Dat booty will be mine. Kyehehehehehe! *evil aura*
Ash: W-w-why is it chilly so suddenly!!? L-like someone's staring at my soul!

Sorry, can't help it! XD

Anywho,
i got summon by Setsuna F Seiei lol! XD
nah she just remembering something during the Summer Camp where Ash told her that Fennekin say it wants to find a dream together with Serena, (i wont do caption anymore cough cough*) XD it only make people confuse
and Ash doing the same , saying he and Frogadier are going stronger together to fullfill his dream , to win Kalos League and his dream Pokemon Master
but that Serena Stare... so cute! xD
So looks like we got another Flashback no Jutsu today (hope you got the reference! :D) And I hope Frogadier evolves soon. I'm dying to see Ash-Greninja. Hopefully we see Serena-Delphox as well. XD
Did we have any other hints even though it's minor??

Last edited:

AshSerena

Sorry, can't help it! XD

Anywho,

So looks like we got another Flashback no Jutsu today (hope you got the reference! :D) And I hope Frogadier evolves soon. I'm dying to see Ash-Greninja. Hopefully we see Serena-Delphox as well. XD

hmmm i dont think theres other hints on this episode aside from that "Evil" i mean Cute Stare from Serena, but atleast Serena remember of what Ash told her during the summer camp , and both of them doing the same, finding their dream with pokemon,
not sure if this consider a hint but, i dont remember the exact word of what they're saying during the episode(Playing Clash of Clan :p) but if im correct, they're talking about how awesome to see the future, and follow up by Serena saying she wants to see her future(foreshadowing Ash and her marrying? :p) and follow up by Bonnie saying she wants to see if she become a better Trainer and etc.. gonna rewatch it later again to confirm since my dad using the TV now :/ .... so brb~~

i dont know if i should i get excited for the XY&Z Series since Omode is not writing any episode for this year... :(

Last edited:

MARCOD1091

hmmm i dont think theres other hints on this episode aside from that "Evil" i mean Cute Stare from Serena, but atleast Serena remember of what Ash told her during the summer camp , and both of them doing the same, finding their dream with pokemon,
not sure if this consider a hint but, i dont remember the exact word of what they're saying during the episode(Playing Clash of Clan :p) but if im correct, they're talking about how awesome to see the future, and follow up by Serena saying she wants to see her future(foreshadowing Ash and her marrying? :p) and follow up by Bonnie saying she wants to see if she become a better Trainer and etc.. gonna rewatch it later again to confirm since my dad using the TV now :/ .... so brb~~

i dont know if i should i get excited for the XY&Z Series since Omode is not writing any episode for this year... :(

Nah it's still worth being hyped about, xy and z is gonna be great even If Omode isn't writing this year, I bet that as soon as she comes back and writes her first episode it's gonna contain a nice hint just so she can say "I'm back".

About today's episode tho, its like they're reminiscing about the past and the stare is nice. Overall a nice little moment.

ashsfuture

Well after watching today's episode I am definitely even more hyped for XY&Z talk about a wonderful episode we have Malva surprisingly, an indication that Ash will have a big role in saving the world along with the professor as well, I have to say that Olympia is creepy and strict(this is going to be an epic gym battle),but boy did the atmosphere in this episode feel should I say more dark mainly because this is first episode of XY that's had most of the focus be on backstory and future events, that being froakie's past(amazing backstory), the events that took place in mega evolution Act 3, Frogadier's soon to be evolution and something beyond that.

Now for Ash in this episode, I have to say showcases once again how much he has matured in the anime

Now for Amourshipping we have that one moment where Serena looks at Ash with a smile on her face, I have to wait for the subs but I think she said it's amazing how much Ash believes in his pokemon. Next week will be the XY series finale and what better way to end it then with a gym battle starting the first two pokemon Ash caught in Kalos!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Now for Amourshipping we have that one moment where Serena looks at Ash with a smile on her face, I have to wait for the subs but I think she said it's amazing how much Ash believes in his pokemon.

No, as AshSerena said, she was thinking back to what he said during the Summer Camp about finding your dream together with your Pokémon, a line that clearly made a huge impression on her.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!

Sorry, can't help it! XD

Anywho,

XD Best caption yet. I'm really enjoying these, keep it up!
On todays episode: Well, no hints. That sucks, but now that XY and Z have started I'm not really expecting many. Here's another topic to keep this place from getting quiet again: Why do you think Serena has a crush on Ash? Any particular traits that he has that you think she likes? (Besides the obvious ones i.e. bravery, love of pokemon

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa
Absolutely love this picture, Serena looks so adorable in it.

I would still get excited for it. You never know when they'll throw in a hint, it doesn't necessarily have to be from Omode. Like today they do a close up of Serena admiring Ash. Not the biggest hint but it's something.

Why do you think Serena has a crush on Ash? Any particular traits that he has that you think she likes? (Besides the obvious ones i.e. bravery, love of pokemon

I think it's his confidence and his never give up attitude. Of course there's always their time at Oak's camp (which we still need to know more about, Serena having a crush on a boy she met once for 5 years seems a little unlikely.) where it all started. There's no doubt Serena would be a very different girl if she never started travelling with Ash. Over time she's gotten much more confident and sure of herself.

Commander Wrex

So, about the past previous episode this week...pretty exciting stuff. Only thing is that I hope for the subs of XY092 to come out soon because I had absolutely no idea what's really going on even though it looks interesting and exciting :(

But yeah, that one tiny shot where Serena was talking to herself in thought about Ash and his love for Pokemon and his dreams connected with his Pokemon partners - yeah, nothing groundbreaking, and nothing that explodes Amour to another level, but still nice to see. I can live with having those moments every now and then rather than nothing. Like some say, it's good to see that writers that are minus Omode aren't going to forget Amourshipping just yet.

Speaking of Omode, I'd reiterate kindly that (based on the wording of the tweet) she isn't saying she is out of the running for XY&Z series....just for the year. It is October and near the end of the 2015 year; perhaps a vacation was in store for her for the time. And again, not all Amour moments happened under her influence (though the very memorable ones came from her). And there is quite a bit going on in the very near future that might, sadly, sideline Amour quite a bit for the time being.

Why do you think Serena has a crush on Ash? Any particular traits that he has that you think she likes? (Besides the obvious ones i.e. bravery, love of pokemon

I feel it's a sort of obvious question to answer, but you did say besides the obvious reasons....it's really, in my opinion, the fact that Ash was there to 'save her' from the situation. And added by the fact that she got the 'hug' when he picked her up from the ground, and 'held' her hand as he let her out of the forest. It is, to me, a mixed answer in a sense that some naysayers of the shipping think that Serena's own crush for Ash was merely a childhood dream (that the whole 'hug' and 'holding hands' part was merely incidental) in which she kept for years and never fully addressed until she met Ash again years later. However, that viewpoint is compounded by the fact that the two have grown since Oak's Summer Camp and both have started to show true, considerable levels of admiration and appreciation....in addition, Serena's blushes and moments of fluster when her crush of Ash is addressed...yeah, Amour is alive and true, despite the pessimism we all express from time to time. And let's not forget, the blue ribbon that symbolizes Amour in center of her design. They may not show full affection in terms of love and all that (Serena keeping her crush secret, despite hints dropped left and right, and Ash with his usual dense self) but the presence and signs are there still, and will be around so long as the writers keep Amour around as an occasional subplot in the XY series.

Can't wait for XY&Z series to start...Amourshipping or not, I feel that the series could use a bit of a bump on the tension part (kids show or otherwise).

AnalistaRealista

Hello ......
I really liked this episode because it began to show that dark or more serious plot that will give us XY & Z.
I'm a little concerned about the Amour hints, I think the writers are overshadowing the Amour with the new season.
I think it is clear that the hints have fallen in quantity and especially in quality and other fans told me a theory: The writers used the Amour for rating until they introduced this season to remove Amour.
It may be possible what they said, we can see that before the Amour was more present when Serena did not have a dream, but she has one and then both (Ash and Serena) focused more to it, and when Serena was focused on his dream I forget or they were decreasing their feelings for Ash (relatively) and also the Amour.
NOTE: This is my opinion on this comment from other fans :)
My friends, I hope the Amour is canon, and now:
Do you think the Amour can still be canon?

Take care everyone !!!

chicorita3

Hello ......
I really liked this episode because it began to show that dark or more serious plot that will give us XY & Z.
I'm a little concerned about the Amour hints, I think the writers are overshadowing the Amour with the new season.
I think it is clear that the hints have fallen in quantity and especially in quality and other fans told me a theory: The writers used the Amour for rating until they introduced this season to remove Amour.
It may be possible what they said, we can see that before the Amour was more present when Serena did not have a dream, but she has one and then both (Ash and Serena) focused more to it, and when Serena was focused on his dream I forget or they were decreasing their feelings for Ash (relatively) and also the Amour.
NOTE: This is my opinion on this comment from other fans :)
My friends, I hope the Amour is canon, and now:
Do you think the Amour can still be canon?

Take care everyone !!!

Well we can't say that the new season has overshadowed Amour, because it hasn't started yet. I mean we are staring this new season with the Team Flare Arc, so in the beginning of the season they're going to put main focus on that arc.
I think, for the most part, that they have put Serena's goal and amour at a good balance. We still have great hints, and the last episode had a very subtle hint, I guess. I'm also glad that other characters are noticing Serena's crush.
I'm also hoping that Olympia tells Serena's future. If she does she is most likely going to keep it vague lol.
I just hope Omode writes more episodes next year!

To answer your question:
I do think there is still a great possibility that amour can become canon, I just don't think that they can get rid of it right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.