• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That preview looked depressing though. :(

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci0m8DyWgAEjdk5.jpg[/img139]

In my own prediction, I'm assuming this scene is when Serena found Ash (based on the preview, she's panting, sign that she's been looking for Ash). Although Ash looked like he doesn't feel like talking to her right now though I do hope that in some way Serena could help him out. I'd really want her to be one of those who will help Ash out as Ash have done a lot for her in the past. This is also a good chance to help the shipping get a potential development.

Also, as to be expected, Serena extremely worried for Ash's sake.

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci0mrfqUUAAlhZN.jpg[/img139]

Buckle up people, we're in for an emotional ride.

xEryChan

Demon Child
To clear up some confusion.

The one liner rule has changed a bit.

A one-liner entails one short, spammy line of text. This often has a short response that doesn't contribute much to the conversation/discussion at hand. Reading something such as "yes, I agree" isn't really something that helps fuels conversation, right? Elaborate on your posts! It makes conversation much more lively and fluid.

As states here, a one line is a short, spammy post that has little to no thought in it. An example would be, "yeah, I agree"

Okay, what do you agree with and why? Explain why you feel the way you do. Try to add more thought into your posts so we can keep the discussion going. Like I said before, I'm not asking for a whole paragraph, just something with a little more thought in it.

Okay? Carry on.

Markerz

Any ideas as to a possible dialogue between the two when they meet up?

I think this will be more motivational than anything else, possibly with a reference to the 'never give up until the end' line. It's hard to say whether this is before or after he disappears, but I can see this being before the storm. I do like the tone set in by the music in the preview. There's potential for a lot of character development here, and that's not only for Ash. A shame I'll be out of the country for the upcoming episodes, but I must sneak in peaks because most everything in the past month has been building up to this!

edit: Also, about the scene with Ash handing Serena his coat before the gym battle. That was much less clean of a hand off than I expected. Overconfident Ash, much!

Last edited:
Some more screenshots from today's episode:

1st one is during Ash's gym battle, you can hear Serena calling out on Ash's name for a few times. This is one of my favorite scenes:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci0g0SAUoAAQdoj.jpg[/img139]
Pretty reminiscent of Ash's gym battle against Grant.

This one is right after Ash left. Clemont tells Serena that Ash will be okay but Serena couldn't help but to feel worried:
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci0gzwFUUAAFRcI.jpg[/img139]

As I've said earlier, a devastated Ash will leave a depressed Serena. This episode and the one airing next week is really emotional. TBH, I see this more emotional than when Serena lost and cuts her hair but that's just me.

Wow Wow Wow! Tons of hints guys! Most from Serena but sill...this was a great episode in terms of both armourshipping and Ash Greninja expect next episode to be even more shippy! Hints include mostly Serena being extremely concerned for Ash...It makes me wonder. The writers are still pushing armourshipping hard, so fear not fellow fans! We have a long armourshipping road ahead of us!

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
My prediction : Serena will find Ash in the next episode. However, Ash won't return and say that he wants to be alone => depressed Serena.

So yeah, I don't think there would be a big (I said "big") development for Amour in the next episode. Remember the only one who can cheer Ash up is Greninja because of plot.

By the way, I like how Serena is worrying for Ash in a gym battle (which hasn't been the case for a very long time) and how Ash handed Serena his stuff for the battle :D

Commander Wrex

I think Serena will definitely find Ash early in the episode. Remember how today's episode ended - morning hours, Ash sitting alone in the log. The atmosphere is similar to those scene shots when Serena finds Ash - very likely Serena tries to get Ash to come back, but he refuses to go and feels the need to find "his answer" to his recent losing skid (loss of confidence, yada yada). At some point Greninja chases into the woods after Ash, leaving Serena and Co to not only look for Ash but also Greninja as the storm starts brewing. And, of course, Ash and Greninja eventually find their "answer".

Yeah, not as Amour friendly, but at least Serena will be especially and vividly upset of the whole situation. I just hope Ash doesn't snap at her when she does find him and attempts to get him to return to the Pokemon Center :(

EDIT: Frankly I think, if my guess holds true, Greninja finding Ash himself during the storm might be the turning point between the two - perhaps helping further solidifying the bond they need (and presently lacking?) to pull off their transformation?

Last edited:

PokéBram97

I think Serena will definitely find Ash early in the episode. Remember how today's episode ended - morning hours, Ash sitting alone in the log. The atmosphere is similar to those scene shots when Serena finds Ash - very likely Serena tries to get Ash to come back, but he refuses to go and feels the need to find "his answer" to his recent losing skid (loss of confidence, yada yada). At some point Greninja chases into the woods after Ash, leaving Serena and Co to not only look for Ash but also Greninja as the storm starts brewing. And, of course, Ash and Greninja eventually find their "answer".

Yeah, not as Amour friendly, but at least Serena will be especially and vividly upset of the whole situation. I just hope Ash doesn't snap at her when she does find him and attempts to get him to return to the Pokemon Center :(

EDIT: Frankly I think, if my guess holds true, Greninja finding Ash himself during the storm might be the turning point between the two - perhaps helping further solidifying the bond they need (and presently lacking?) to pull off their transformation?

Well, the summary actually says: ‘’Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and the others are worried about him, and then a massive storm suddenly arrives. Serena and the others become so worried they can’t just sit there and wait for Ash, so they decide to go search for him.’’
This actually means Serena and Ash met up after the storm, while Ash still seems to be a little down about what he did. So there is actually potential in this scene. However, I will enjoy the episode with but also without Amour-moments, so everything extra in this amazing episode is just wonderful.

Well, the summary actually says: ‘’Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and the others are worried about him, and then a massive storm suddenly arrives. Serena and the others become so worried they can’t just sit there and wait for Ash, so they decide to go search for him.’’
This actually means Serena and Ash met up after the storm, while Ash still seems to be a little down about what he did. So there is actually potential in this scene. However, I will enjoy the episode with but also without Amour-moments, so everything extra in this amazing episode is just wonderful.

I remember seeing a photo of Greninja with Ash where Ash looked more cheerful. So this maybe giving an indication that it is not Serena but Greninja who is encouraging him and who became successful at least.
So i think the main amourshipping moments will be at the moment Serena sees Ash and run towards. She might give him a hug (I'm dying to see that).

The preview is killing me. IM OUT OF PATIENCE

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Yep, Ash got totally curb-stomped there. Looked like he wasn't really trying a team game approach, more like trying to use raw power without analyzing things, which isn't his normal style at all. Pretty sure he's blaming himself for all this, thus cue confidence crisis.

I guess he sort of reassured them enough as he was going outside during the night. Wouldn't have been surprised if Serena had insisted to go along with him, though not sure how that would have played out given he really wanted to be alone. And when Ash not returning in the morning, not hard to see Serena not taking this well, as she seems to be really worried now, far more than the other two. Even the preview had that melancholy feel to it with no music and all.

The preview bit is interesting. Wonder why they put THAT bit in there with only Serena there. Whether she went out on her own or they had split up beforehand, interesting to see how this plays out. Certainly seems this takes place before Ash's supposed revelation, as he's still pretty down. Not sure what she will try here. Don't think the "never give up till the end" quote is going to help much here, so she may try digging a little deeper, but not sure if the storm hits then and separates them or Ash just flat out walks/runs away (has to go fast enough given she may very well try to chase after him). He could just tell her he would come back later, but knowing Serena, given how down he is, I don't think she would leave him all alone in this moment.

Rinato

Ash should be freaking glad that he has a waifu named Serena this so worried about him, after seeing the preview pics in this page... I'm keeping my hopes high up in the dang sky that this will be well/good on the ship! Ash being down by his defeat, Ash's number one waifu worrying like any good waifu would do!? Mmmhhhmmm! I think some good character development would be in order for this ship to set sail into the seven seas. Like any hardcore amourshipper would say, "long live ship amour!".

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Hi guys, new to the community, but I've been an active lurker, and thought I'd jump in after today's episode.

Ok, so we know from the preview for next week that Serena is the first one to find him. The question is how will Ash react? I think he will push her aside and tell her to go away, which of course will crush Serena and maybe lead to an emotional apology scene from Ash later, which would be very interesting.

Or maybe he accepts her help or comfort? I don't see that happening, but I guess it's possible.

Irina

ready for Gen 8
I absolutely loved his episode.

Serena is so worried for Ash, amazing. The preview for the next episode also showed a lot of potential towards Amour.
This episode was amazing in general and i can't wait to see what happens next week.

This has so much potential towards the ship, towards progressing Ash to win the league. I hope they don't screw this!

this would be the perfect moment for some amourshipping development, like real development, where Serena says important things to ash to cheer him up or something, but yeah... it's probably gonna be greninja who will cheer him up, because of plot reasons, i just hope Ash doesn't shrug Serena off completly or just walk out like nothing happened, i mean... it would be great if Serena had at least a little bit of an influence in Ash's comeback, this is like the best chance they have to develop the ship... i hope they don't screw this

PokéBram97

I remember seeing a photo of Greninja with Ash where Ash looked more cheerful. So this maybe giving an indication that it is not Serena but Greninja who is encouraging him and who became successful at least.
So i think the main amourshipping moments will be at the moment Serena sees Ash and run towards. She might give him a hug (I'm dying to see that).

The preview is killing me. IM OUT OF PATIENCE

True, Greninja and Ash have to solve the problem together after all. But I can imagine Ash is still feeling sorry afterwards for letting his friends down, and for failing. It seems like Ash is walking back all alone, so there is a possibility he started thinking about his regret for being gone for like a whole day. So let's hope Serena can inspire him with some heartmelting words, or a hug (or both ;p) I mean there must be a reason why they showed a concerned Serena like 6 times this episode and still counting. And out of all people it has to be Serena who finds Ash. I know these are just assumptions, and it will be a banger of an episode anyway (but come on writers, don't let this only be a coincidence ;) )

hzion

Detective
Man that Avalugg could take some serious hits. Ash is really depressed for once in a long time and it is kind of strange to see him sad. I am happy they showed Serena worried about Ash so much hopefully this means that she will somehow cheer him up, but I think that will be Greninja's or Pikachu's job.

Just speculating, but maybe Serena finds Ash in the beginning to bring him back and he says he wants to be alone and then the snowstorm starts and then they try to find him and she feels bad she left him there. Serena really cares about Ash though and I hope that Ash will realize that. It's funny the way Ash just gave her his jacket and backpack to hold on to haha. The music in this episode was great too.

Meowth Rocket

Judging by the next episode preview, Serena finds Ash, but he still wants to be alone and they all get worried when the storm hits. Ash figures out his problem with Greninja while everybody else is looking for him. The only real chance of an amourshipping moment happening would be when Ash comes back at the end and Serena hugs him and then backs away embarrasingly or she hits his chest in frustration over making everyone worry.

Amour4lyf

Hi! I'm new to this forum, but I'm in love with Amourshipping...Wat I think will happen is tat Ash will start to cry wen Serena will come looking 4 him..which shocks Serena nd seeing Ash so depressed she will probably start crying 2...nd will hug him without realising..

D

Deleted member 384931

Hi! I'm new to this forum, but I'm in love with Amourshipping...Wat I think will happen is tat Ash will start to cry wen Serena will come looking 4 him..which shocks Serena nd seeing Ash so depressed she will probably start crying 2...nd will hug him without realising..

Hello, I hope that you will have fun!:) Indeed, I hope that also!:)

this would be the perfect moment for some amourshipping development, like real development, where Serena says important things to ash to cheer him up or something, but yeah... it's probably gonna be greninja who will cheer him up, because of plot reasons, i just hope Ash doesn't shrug Serena off completly or just walk out like nothing happened, i mean... it would be great if Serena had at least a little bit of an influence in Ash's comeback, this is like the best chance they have to develop the ship... i hope they don't screw this

Yes
it is gonna be Greninja who is going encourage Ash, well that's what we can get from the preview at least. But don't think that the writers will make this anticipated episode in to flop. There was an extra 10 sec preview they added (is it just me or was it really there) which was for the Serena meeting Ash (I don't know Japanese to understand what they are saying) for the moment Serena meets Ash. We can't rule out the possibility that they have been adding everything up for this very moment.

I am sure Serena will have a small role in his encouragement, at the very least. Maybe she gives the suggestion that Ash can be encouraged by Greninja. Or why can't it be that
after Ash refuses to come back,she brought out Greninja (whose poke ball Nurse joy gave to Serena) and then he gets inspiration from him and they decided to go back. On their way back a good amourshipping moment(s) which can include a hug.

WHO KNOWS WHAT THE WRITERS ARE UP TO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.