• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Supposedly Serena blushed a bit at Ash in this episode? Probably wasn't a huge thing given no one seems excited about it, but it probably was cute.

Not going to lie, I didn't even notice the blush at all. Was it near the end of the episode because I don't think Ash even talked to her at all until after Sawyer and Tierno's battle ended.

Graham Aker

Not going to lie, I didn't even notice the blush at all. Was it near the end of the episode because I don't think Ash even talked to her at all until after Sawyer and Tierno's battle ended.

I think it was said that it was when he arrived to sit down after his battle with Ayaka. Probably gonna need a higher quality shot, the grain from the stream might have been mistaken for a blush.

Epicocity

I don't really think we should expect much in the way of hints at all until, possibly, the night before the battle against Alain. Amourshipping isn't the focus right now; the major battle against Sawyer is.

Absolutely, I want to see these writers continue to break the status quo and Sun and Moon gives them a chance to build on what they've done in XY. And I agree with your whole DP, BW, XY statement. I had been an avid watcher up till somewhere in DP, largely because I lost interest (I was a kid so I changed my interests often). I missed Black and White which I'm glad, but I hated the episodes I did see because Cilan didn't replace Brock and Iris was an agitation. XY intrigued me, especially when I found about Serena's crush. Obviously I didn't immediately return. I slowly built my way back into the show and became an amour shipper. So my story is a lot like yours and a lot of other people. I pray that they don't screw us over.

I'm probably quite a bit older than you, so when I started watching DP, I was in the end of high school. I loved DP, though. Paul was my favorite rival of all time. BW outright slaughtered it. It didn't help that there was no chance of any shipping there. I mean, no offense to those who ship it, but I could never see Iris and Ash...ever. Then this came along and Ash's competency from the beginning already drew me back in. Adding Amourshipping? That's just a recipe for victory!

First off, I do agree with how this anime has been revitalized. I has new life and has been my favorite series ever. As for Ash, being the face of an anime doesn't guarantee you stay. My prime example is Yugioh. Yugi was obviously the face of the franchise, but they moved on and brought about new faces to promote new things. They could do this with Pokemon. I'm not saying they have to, but if they were, the 20th Anniversary seems like the proper time.

Yeah, but did they have the same protagonist for 20 years? There's a big difference there. Of course, we won't know anything until they announce the Sun and Moon anime.

Yeah I'm not sure. Personally, Team Rocket has been that important to me, but they are a big part of the anime alongside Ash. However, that doesn't mean they are not replaceable. It may not be the end for them, but I still see them being involved in the Team Flare Arc, especially because Olympia stated so back in either XY92 or XY93.

I'm pretty sure Olympia just said that TRio would be involved, not TR as a whole. But we're digressing here. Back to Amourshipping!

CelebiAS

Really doubt I missed something in the dialogues as they were kinda straightforward (the way Japanese works, you can tell what's going on with grammar and context alone) even though my Japanese is close to nonexistant but I guess there was absolutely nothing today?
The tension a full battle may add may work for some hints, but I'm kinda doubting it right now.

AshSerena

Really doubt I missed something in the dialogues as they were kinda straightforward (the way Japanese works, you can tell what's going on with grammar and context alone) even though my Japanese is close to nonexistant but I guess there was absolutely nothing today?
The tension a full battle may add may work for some hints, but I'm kinda doubting it right now.

Ur Correct, we got absolutely nothing today sadly :/
but Matsui aya already posted on her tweet that today episode is focus/main is about Tierno and Shota and not about Ash/Serena
well its League arc so im expecting dry episode from this Arc (maybe till TF arc done?)
what im worried is we continue not getting any hint from this point :(

chicorita3

but Matsui aya already posted on her tweet that today episode is focus/main is about Tierno and Shota and not about Ash/Serena
well its League arc so im expecting dry episode from this Arc (maybe till TF arc done?)

why did she come out and say that? were people asking her questions about amourshipping in the episode? or did she just say it on her own?

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

I don't think they'll just drop the hints. Besides, they would have to give a good conclusion otherwise I feel that quite a few fans will give up on the series. I remember when XYZ was first announced that people thought hints were going to stop but then we got episodes like the dance party and the Ash cosplay. So, anything is possible.

But, I do agree that it is going to be dry for a while. Probably until the episode before Ash vs Alain for the championship and then we might get something in that episode.

AshSerena

why did she come out and say that? were people asking her questions about amourshipping in the episode? or did she just say it on her own?

she say it on her own :)
There's nothing really a reason, she always do this when the episode going to aired is written by her dont worry about it ^^
and i think she knows amourshipping is popular too

chicorita3

she say it on her own :)
There's nothing really a reason, she always do this when the episode going to aired is written by her dont worry about it ^^
and i think she knows amourshipping is popular too

oh lol that explains it thanks for clearing that up! I think it's good that she does that because we know not to get too excited for an episode that we think will have amour hints, especially since many people thought we would get hints in this episode.

mega snorlax

Fellas, fellas, fellas. Just because of ONE episode, did you think they're going to drop it altogether? There were hints from the last episode, stop being the glas half-empty types. I'm no shipper, I just observe what's going on in the series, Amour included. I'd imagine they'e going to drop some major ones towards the end of the saga, and they're slowly building this up. The reason why I take particular interest in this is because this is something I've never seen before, a pairing that's somewhat integral to the series. All I'm saying is that there's a good reason to be optimistic.

Epicocity

Fellas, fellas, fellas. Just because of ONE episode, did you think they're going to drop it altogether? There were hints from the last episode, stop being the glas half-empty types. I'm no shipper, I just observe what's going on in the series, Amour included. I'd imagine they'e going to drop some major ones towards the end of the saga, and they're slowly building this up. The reason why I take particular interest in this is because this is something I've never seen before, a pairing that's somewhat integral to the series. All I'm saying is that there's a good reason to be optimistic.

Exactly. It's one episode. I mean, there were no hints in XYZ 26 with Ash vs. Sawyer, and then Snowbelle over the next three episodes became a mix of Ash's development and Amourshipping development all over the place. Just because Shauna's in an episode doesn't guarantee any hints, but it also doesn't exclude it just because she's here and didn't drop any. She really seemed to be there for Tierno (well, probably Trevor too, but she got there late and looked exhausted). Like potat lasaro said above, don't expect anything until before Alain battle. Though I could see Serena saying something about it during the Ash vs. Sawyer battle...maybe. But only because of Snowbelle.

Red Pheonix

Like aya-san(hope I got that right.) it's an episode focusing on shota and tierno, not Ash. So it would make sense they don't drop any hints in this episode. The next episode however does focus on Ash(and shota but lets igonore him for a minute ). So we can hope for some hints in the next episode. An old example, Ash on his last legs and Serena tells her to never give up till the end. Although I want something better than that.

Let's keep low expectations but still remain optimistic. That's how we spent the whole xy saga! We can't let one episode to lose our hope! Remember, "Never give up till the end!"

Please ignore the cheeziness of my post

Last edited:

Epicocity

Like aya-san(hope I got that right.) it's an episode focusing on shota and tierno, not Ash. So it would make sense they don't drop any hints in this episode. The next episode however does focus on Ash(and shota but lets igonore him for a minute ). So we can hope for some hints in the next episode. An old example, Ash on his last legs and Serena tells her to never give up till the end. Although I want something better than that.

Let's keep low expectations but still remain optimistic. That's how we spent the whole xy saga! We can't let one episode to lose our hope! Remember, "Never give up till the end!"

Please ignore the cheeziness of my post

I would really keep low expectations for the next two weeks. Ash and Sawyer is an important battle for the both of their characters: for Ash to prove what he's been able to overcome and how he's grown towards his protege and rival, and for Sawyer to prove he is truly strong to the one he admires. Throwing Amourshipping in there, personally, would be a bad idea. There's one thing to keep optimistic, and another to give false hope to yourself. If Serena were going to yell that, I'd want it to be on the Alain battle as Greninja's about to go down and after she yells it XY&Z kicks in for the epic finish. Not for the Sawyer battle, though. Nu-uh. Mm-mm. Nope.

Red Pheonix

I would really keep low expectations for the next two weeks. Ash and Sawyer is an important battle for the both of their characters: for Ash to prove what he's been able to overcome and how he's grown towards his protege and rival, and for Sawyer to prove he is truly strong to the one he admires. Throwing Amourshipping in there, personally, would be a bad idea. There's one thing to keep optimistic, and another to give false hope to yourself. If Serena were going to yell that, I'd want it to be on the Alain battle as Greninja's about to go down and after she yells it XY&Z kicks in for the epic finish. Not for the Sawyer battle, though. Nu-uh. Mm-mm. Nope.

There is one other possibility. Before Ash starts his battle, he looks at Serena and thinks about how she admires him(I'm sure his aware of Serena's admiration for him). Then he thinks about Shota and how he admires him. He feels like he need to live to their admiration and he becomes fired up. This could work without ruining the Ash vs Shota rivalry.

Epicocity

There is one other possibility. Before Ash starts his battle, he looks at Serena and thinks about how she admires him(I'm sure his aware of Serena's admiration for him). Then he thinks about Shota and how he admires him. He feels like he need to live to their admiration and he becomes fired up. This could work without ruining the Ash vs Shota rivalry.

It could work, but personally, I wouldn't prefer it. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I'd prefer for their rivalry to be solely focused on the two of them. The reason Ash lost in Snowbelle wasn't because he was afraid of not living up to Serena's admiration, but rather Sawyer's. That was the important thing.

At the expense of potentially sounding rude (forgive me if I do), I don't want some Amourshipping moment to come along and cheapen this amazing rivalry in its final moments.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
No hints today, but still a good episode though I wish Ash's battle lasted longer. As for amourshipping moments in the coming episodes, I think there will be small things throughout until maybe the championship where we could see some bigger hints. Personally, I also think the Team Flare Arc could provide a lot of amourshipping moments as well.

Red Pheonix

At the expense of potentially sounding rude (forgive me if I do), I don't want some Amourshipping moment to come along and cheapen this amazing rivalry in its final moments.

You are right I suppose. Still, I definitely expect hints in the Ash vs Alan battle and TF arc.

Epicocity

You are right I suppose. Still, I definitely expect hints in the Ash vs Alan battle and TF arc.

For sure, there. That's totally fine and makes sense. Just not with Sawyer. Not that I would be mad if something did happen, but I'd prefer it to not.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Personally, I don't want to see any hints during the battles. Outside of the battles where Ash is planning is one thing or just Serena worrying, but I don't want to see anything major happen during a battle. the League is meant to show how far Ash and his pokemon have grown during their time in Kalos. It isn't time for Serena to try and make a move on Ash. I was fine with it for the first two episodes since we already knew the battles weren't important, but now that we're getting the Sawyer and Alain battles i'd rather have it be put on the back burner until the League is finished.

Epicocity

Personally, I don't want to see any hints during the battles. Outside of the battles where Ash is planning is one thing or just Serena worrying, but I don't want to see anything major happen during a battle. the League is meant to show how far Ash and his pokemon have grown during their time in Kalos. It isn't time for Serena to try and make a move on Ash. I was fine with it for the first two episodes since we already knew the battles weren't important, but now that we're getting the Sawyer and Alain battles i'd rather have it be put on the back burner until the League is finished.

Just about sums up my thoughts...though I can see a moment of encouragement that Serena would give to Ash the night before the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.