• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

honestly, it was more of a joke but you would think that serena would be close to him right now.

Honestly, I think it's nicer to see different characters interact than just Ash and Serena, Ash and Serena, Ash and Serena. That's part of why I've loved Shauna these last two episodes; to see her rooting for Ash through the battle was really nice and showed how she's still a friend.

Remember guys, not everything has to be Amour. Serena is her own person outside of Ash.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Honestly, I think it's nicer to see different characters interact than just Ash and Serena, Ash and Serena, Ash and Serena. That's part of why I've loved Shauna these last two episodes; to see her rooting for Ash through the battle was really nice and showed how she's still a friend.

Remember guys, not everything has to be Amour. Serena is her own person outside of Ash.

that's true and plus we'll probably have a moment before this so no worries

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
that's true and plus we'll probably have a moment before this so no worries

How? Based on the preview it looks like Ash gets his pokemon healed and then it's immediately the picnic scene. The only chance of a hint that I can see happening this week is a "night before" talk between the duo after Ash's training with his team.

Jorgesnoopy

How? Based on the preview it looks like Ash gets his pokemon healed and then it's immediately the picnic scene. The only chance of a hint that I can see happening this week is a "night before" talk between the duo after Ash's training with his team.

Judging by the preview, it looks like we go back to spectating the gang shortly after the battle has finished, since we see in the preview ash retrieving his healed Pokemon, which means it couldn't have been over an hour since the battle finished. So perhaps we may be able to see the pet where ash meets up with the rest of the crew, maybe before the intro music. This is all just hopeful thinking though

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

Maybe, but I could see Serena saying something alongside a congratulations. However, there may not be a scene of them leaving the stadium so maybe not. I think we'll get a moment though.

Or maybe Shota asks Serena about Ash. #Shotaknows?

Epicocity

Maybe, but I could see Serena saying something alongside a congratulations. However, there may not be a scene of them leaving the stadium so maybe not. I think we'll get a moment though.

Or maybe Shota asks Serena about Ash. #Shotaknows?

Sawyer's too busy with his newly reinstated man-crush to notice that.

Considering that the episode will likely go:

Heal and quick reunion
Picnic
Chespin Lost.
Chespin Found
Chespin with Mairin
Pep Talk Time
Lysandre Time
Others Time
Finals Time

There may not be a great chance to work that in there.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Sawyer's too busy with his newly reinstated man-crush to notice that.

Considering that the episode will likely go:

Heal and quick reunion
Picnic
Chespin Lost.
Chespin Found
Chespin with Mairin
Pep Talk Time
Lysandre Time
Others Time
Finals Time

There may not be a great chance to work that in there.

It all depends on the length of those things.

DryingPan.

"Comeback sandwich!"
I might as well drop by for a bit and chime in. In my opinion, I think there will be some sort of hint this week. Whether it be a big one, or just a blush of some sort, I expect something at least. And about the "night before" talk. Who knows? If they want it in there they'll find a way to put it in. It'd be great to see though! Definitely looking forward to the next couple of episodes, I haven't been this hyped in a while.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I might as well drop by for a bit and chime in. In my opinion, I think there will be some sort of hint this week. Whether it be a big one, or just a blush of some sort, I expect something at least. And about the "night before" talk. Who knows? If they want it in there they'll find a way to put it in. It'd be great to see though! Definitely looking forward to the next couple of episodes, I haven't been this hyped in a while.

Hey, glad to see you posting. I agree, we should get something in terms of amour. We've reached a point now where it is more common to have a small moment than not. Since the league began, we have had a moment or two in every episode except XYZ33, which was the one episode that Ash wasn't really involved in. Plus with the finals and the TF Arc coming up, these are the big times when amourshipping appears the most. From what I've watched, the fillers are where amourshipping tends to be pushed away (the cosplay episode being the only exception). Every moment is normally in a big episode besides a few things. So I don't see why they wouldn't include anything here. It's apparent that the writers still find it to be very important or it would not be making an appearance at the Kalos League (or they would've dropped it altogether).

Johtohfiller

I would put #Mairinknows a bit different place from other #knows. Since Mairin and Serena have a similar problem, they'll help each other out. It can be a bit more than a simple joke.

I think we all know what moment we expect in the finals. Ash's first victory in Kalos came from Amour and Ash's final victory(ignore TF) in Kalos will also come from Amour.

Now that I think about it, Serena shouting "Never give up till the end." would fill the most appropriate in the climax of the Ash-Greninja Vs Chard X battle. Ash-Greninja takes a great hit from chard X. Ash gets hurt and he almost goes to fainting. Serena sees this and shouts at the top of her lungs that legendary phrase. Ash hears the faint scream of Serena as he's about to faint and(and a flashback of Ash's Kalos journey if possible)he suddenly clutches his fist. He's not going to give up and he gives his last shot and unleashes the mega water shuriken.

Yep, perfect moment in my eyes.

The bolded is very close to how I imagine it. I think the chances of "Never give up until the end!" playing a part in Ash's victory are high.

I see Alain and Mairin as senpai-kouhai rather than anything romantic but I still wouldn't count out #Mairinknows.

Red Pheonix

I watched the 2nd preview and......so what? Even if she wanted, she couldn't sit next to Ash since his pokemon was sitting around him.

Somebody brought up that the writer of xyz27, xyz28 and xyz 29 is writing the next episode. So I expect something to come out of this episode.

Also remember in the Ash-Greninja arc, we got a small Serena hint every episode and we got big moments in xyz28 and xyz29? I think those little hints in the league could be building up to the big moments.

And I think there's enough time for a night before scene. It would take like......1 min? I expect it at the end of the episode right before we see Ash and Alain entering the stage.

Johtohfiller

I watched the 2nd preview and......so what? Even if she wanted, she couldn't sit next to Ash since his pokemon was sitting around him.

Somebody brought up that the writer of xyz27, xyz28 and xyz 29 is writing the next episode. So I expect something to come out of this episode.

Also remember in the Ash-Greninja arc, we got a small Serena hint every episode and we got big moments in xyz28 and xyz29? I think those little hints in the league could be building up to the big moments.

And I think there's enough time for a night before scene. It would take like......1 min? I expect it at the end of the episode right before we see Ash and Alain entering the stage.

Yeah, an Ash and Serena conversation scene wouldn't have to take a lot of time. It looks like Lysandre is talking to Ash at night, Serena could talk to him after that.

Btw I saw you asked about the Yashio/Miranda Priestly comparison pic (I think it was you anyway) - I didn't save it and it's been probably over a year since I saw it. If I come across it again I'll post it though.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

1. Idk why Serena not sitting next to Ash pissed me off, lol. Maybe if they were a couple, I'd have a right to complain.

2. Tomoika will give us some good moments for sure.

3. There is certainly time for a conversation between Ash and Serena.

Red Pheonix

It's pretty obvious that she does. You don't go crying and telling your friends to leave you alone just because your friend says go away. That said, in no way are Mairin and Serena's situations the same. Alain knows that he cares immensely about Mairin, but "protects" her by pushing her away, regardless of her feeling. Ash is just dense.

I gotta address this. Instead of taking the guys' perspective, take the girls' perspective. In both Serena and Mairin's cases-

1. They care deeply about a guy.
2. Said guy doesn't react to their respective feelings as should. In Mairin's case, Alain thinks he should become stronger and distance himself from her. In Serena's case, Ash is denser than a blackhole. So he doesn't understand the romantic part of Serena's feelings. I personally think both of their behavior needs to be addressed.

So both girls share a situation that is different yet similar in some aspects. So I could see both helping each other out. Which means we can have that push needed to propel the ship further.

Epicocity

I gotta address this. Instead of taking the guys' perspective, take the girls' perspective. In both Serena and Mairin's cases-

1. They care deeply about a guy.
2. Said guy doesn't react to their respective feelings as should. In Mairin's case, Alain thinks he should become stronger and distance himself from her. In Serena's case, Ash is denser than a blackhole. So he doesn't understand the romantic part of Serena's feelings. I personally think both of their behavior needs to be addressed.

So both girls share a situation that is different yet similar in some aspects. So I could see both helping each other out. Which means we can have that push needed to propel the ship further.

I honestly believe they're too different from one another. Alain's feels like rejection; Ash's feels like cluelessness. You can't hate a guy for being clueless, especially if you kinda fell in love with that clueless self to begin with. But the guy who rejects you so callously is a different story. Sue, he thinks he didn't do it. But he did.

Red Pheonix

I honestly believe they're too different from one another. Alain's feels like rejection; Ash's feels like cluelessness. You can't hate a guy for being clueless, especially if you kinda fell in love with that clueless self to begin with. But the guy who rejects you so callously is a different story. Sue, he thinks he didn't do it. But he did.

I don't think Serena likes Ash's cluelessness. She probably likes Ash's other aspects though.

Whether rejection or cluelessness, I don't think Mairin and Serena are going to do nothing about it. I'm sure that they want to do something about it. This motivation to do something is the similarity they have. I shouldn't have used situation to describe this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.