• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronathin

Fair points, I guess it depends on whether or not you think the anime is used purely as an advertisement for the games. I don't necessarily believe that to be true but I do think that marketing wise axing Ash doesn't make as much sense

Epicocity

How so? It's pretty logical that with no gyms they want to improve as trainers before taking over in their new roles. Sorta like a final adventure.

The thing is that if you go there just to "improve yourself" it offers no tangible ideas. That sounds more like "let's send them there for romantic hijinks" and less like "Ash goes there to become Champion and Serena to participate in some special Alola thing". Then it becomes something you'd be better off writing a fanfic about.

Navin

MALDREAD
I don't think I can stand another season of Waifu Wars. If Serena is going to come (I'm assuming she would be wearing the female trainer outfit because that would fit the most), please do something else.

Most likely, she's gone. Yashio is there for a reason. Now the screenshot with Mallow. The best outcome for this pairing if that happens is a Contestshipping-like ending (I've been saying this for a long time now). It would be forced no matter what, but at least it would be a positive ending.

Epicocity

I don't think I can stand another season of Waifu Wars. If Serena is going to come (I'm assuming she would be wearing the female trainer outfit because that would fit the most), please do something else.

Most likely, she's gone. Yashio is there for a reason. Now the screenshot with Mallow. The best outcome for this pairing if that happens is a Contestshipping-like ending (I've been saying this for a long time now). It would be forced no matter what, but at least it would be a positive ending.

Okay, not that I'm one of those "OMG NO! Serena to Alola or bust!" but that screenshot is game concept art. Painfully obviously so. No bearing on the anime. And considering the girl's bio on her tastes being...off...Not sure I'd want her anywhere near a stove for the MCs.

Johtohfiller

Even if Mallow is a new companion that doesn't necessarily mean she'll replace Serena. She's shown with a ladle and likes cooking, the main female companion has never been "the cook".

Epicocity

Even if Mallow is a new companion that doesn't necessarily mean she'll replace Serena. She's shown with a ladle and likes cooking, the main female companion has never been "the cook".

That's because the third companion is the only one without a point and can focus all their efforts on cooking for another person. Of course, that leaves you with two options in regard to Mallow: the Iris/Misty route of a nebulous goal since she already has a profession here, or the Clemon/Cilan/Bock route where they're utterly useless for all except support....

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
If mallow does somehow travel with Ash, it will be as the third person. Two female companions wouldn't be terrible but I'm not sure how that would affect amour because I would assume Ash and Serena will be a couple going into Alola.

Johtohfiller

Needless to say, Sun and Moon is not exactly predictable. Ash and Pikachu in that concept art seems to imply that it is very likely that Ash will make an appearance in the games as oppose to him being confirmed in the anime. Aside from Red, Ash has not be seen in the main Pokémon games. And we obviously don't play as him in Sun and Moon.

Maybe Ash makes a cameo in the game and that's how they bring Ash Greninja into it.

If it's possible for Ash to win a league then yeah it's possible for him to have 2 female companions.

He already does, Serena and Bonnie.

If mallow does somehow travel with Ash, it will be as the third person. Two female companions wouldn't be terrible but I'm not sure how that would affect amour because I would assume Ash and Serena will be a couple going into Alola.

I imagine they'd be pretty low-key about liking each other if they go to Alola as a couple. Mallow could tease them about it, or if she's older she could give Serena advice.

DryingPan.

"Comeback sandwich!"
Well then, I hop offline for a day and come back to this, geez.
About the supposed "leak". While it's definitely interesting, and definitely raises speculation of Serena staying or leaving. I'm just going to wait for confirmation like everyone else should, in my opinion. I still think that there's a chance for her to go. I was at 50/50 before and that hasn't changed for me.

Johtohfiller

lets dont give up! remember when BW show Hilda but it did not appear in anime? Lets believe its going to be Serena xD
i have feeling base on the trailer we got today,
1:No Gym Battle
2:There is a trial each island

theres some speculation that going to my mind
1:Ash and Greninja going to Alola region for that trial,
2:That Oricorio's dancer pokemon, this make me thing this is really fits for Showcase if there is a showcase on each island , Plus she only need 3 key
the island is 4, 3 island to collect the key and remaining island will be her Final showcase?
3:Serena right now has only have 3 Pokemon, Sylveon Pancham and Braixen.. plus that Pokemon and Popplio , that would be 5 pokemon

so how do guys think about my speculation?

I like it! Oricorio would be great for Serena.

That's because the third companion is the only one without a point and can focus all their efforts on cooking for another person. Of course, that leaves you with two options in regard to Mallow: the Iris/Misty route of a nebulous goal since she already has a profession here, or the Clemon/Cilan/Bock route where they're utterly useless for all except support....

Another thing that could lend itself to Mallow being a support character is her "strange taste", that could be a running gag like every other main cast cook has had so far. (BTW it makes me sad when people call the support characters useless. Clemont is one of my favorites, I'm a big fan of Brock too. Cilan less so but I blame that more on BW's writing style than the character himself.)

But I'm getting ahead of myself; that art might not have any bearing on the anime at all.

I've gotta say though, I'm disappointed with that final Litten evolution. It's rare for me to flat-out dislike a Pokemon design but that one is gross.

Blazerz

Okay i don't know if I'm the only one that thinks Alola is the region for Serena. We have a dancing pokemon.. it's freaking ability is called dancer and then so many other Pokemon born for performing. We litteraly even got an attack that requiers you to do a dance move of some sort. If this region can't improve Serena's skills then i don't know wtf wil.

Btw i was refering "two female companions" as two females alone, like without a boy other than Ash.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I would love to see something out of the box regarding Amourshipping during the Ash vs Alain battle for the crown. But, we'd be only getting legendary worried face of Serena during the battle to be honest as our Amourshipping hint. But, a hug is not totally out of the realm of possibility if Team Flare allow enough time for that (in case Ash does win against Alain).

Hmmm I hadn't thought much regarding shipping material during the Ash vs Alain battle cuz I think things might be so intense and battle oriented that Serena might not even get a chance to give us hints. Still if things do get shippy if Ash wins for instance, I'd love if Serena gets to hug Ash as a way of congratulating him. I'd like to see how he'd react if that occurred cuz it could be a big moment for the ship perhaps. ^^

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Okay i don't know if I'm the only one that thinks Alola is the region for Serena. We have a dancing pokemon.. it's freaking ability is called dancer and then so many other Pokemon born for performing. We litteraly even got an attack that requiers you to do a dance move of some sort. If this region can't improve Serena's skills then i don't know wtf wil.

Btw i was refering "two female companions" as two females alone, like without a boy other than Ash.

That and the trials can really benefit Ash although he's probably too experienced for them. All in all, this really favors these two continuing their journey.

Red Pheonix

Well then, I hop offline for a day and come back to this, geez.
About the supposed "leak". While it's definitely interesting, and definitely raises speculation of Serena staying or leaving. I'm just going to wait for confirmation like everyone else should, in my opinion. I still think that there's a chance for her to go. I was at 50/50 before and that hasn't changed for me.

Yep, the thread just exploded after the "leak" and the trailer.

I agree with you that it's a 50:50 chance. There's nothing concrete enough to change that, for me anyway.

But if Serena does go, she has better excuses this time around. Gathering everyone's ideas-

1. The dance pokemon is made for Serena. She would love to have one of those. It will definitely be useful in her performance.

2. Alola being some sort of orange island equivalent. Now, there's one thing everyone's forgetting here that Alola is a new official region while the orange islands were a filler region for the original series. What I'm trying to say is Ash is likely to get a journey reset in Alola since it's a new region rather than continue on his journey where he left, like in the original series with orange islands. Which means Serena has less chance to go with him. That said, they can do something like johto where Ash doesn't get a journey reset and starts off from where he left. Serena could easily tag along. Since technically speaking, Ash's journey isn't finished and Serena doesn't want a incomplete journey. Helps that Alola doesn't have gyms and Ash doesn't need to start from scratch.

MegaScyther

Bug trainer
So something iv been thinking about the past few days are the lines that serena says in the dub version of the master class episode where she said her dream was to become Kalos queen because she wanted to help others but then she figured out she didn't need to be Kalos queen to do that, and since nothing has come up about in awhile I feel like she wants to continue to travel with ash and help others she meets along the way

That's one of the first things I thought of when I saw that dance Pokemon! I could imagine Serena capturing that Pokemon, learning some interesting dance moves and teaching Ash more, ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶

AshSerena

not trolling but did i miss something? i seeing people mentioning about that girl will be Ash's next pokegirl..
did they confirm something? srry im oudated XD

D

Deleted member 384931

not trolling but did i miss something? i seeing people mentioning about that girl will be Ash's next pokegirl..
did they confirm something? srry im oudated XD

No, the animé did not confirm it, but it is a speculation, so who knows. Can we please focus again on the amourshipping and not about who will be Ash next compagnion?

Status
Not open for further replies.