• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Pheonix

As I said before, taking down fanart doesn't mean anything. The reasoning for take down is more like "the charecter looks like Serena" than anything.

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. This is the first topic(I think) of this thread. However, since there are several new faces, I think it's worth asking again-

Why do you like Amourshipping? How Amourshipping is different from other shippings(including other shows) that made you follow it?

To answer my own question, I like Amourshipping primarily because it's sweet and heartwarming. The way Serena acts towards Ash, their history and their interactions are best described as sweet and heartwarming. Anytime, I see these moments , I feel happy.

As for what's different that made me follow it, it's pokemon. If it were other shows, I would know the guy and gal would always get together in the end. So I don't bother actively following it. But when pokemon introduces it, there's a certain uncertainty in the shipping. This makes the shipping somewhat unpredictable and exciting to talk about. And hear other people talk about it. So this is why I actively follow this shipping. For fun. And of course, there are other reasons but I'll keep them to myself.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Why do you like Amourshipping? How Amourshipping is different from other shippings(including other shows) that made you follow it?

Well, I'm not exactly new, as I've actually been an AmourShipper since before it was named. I probably look new, though, given that I've been inactive from late 2013 until recently.

I'm generally a fan of current Pokemon pairings because they have the kind of potential that my main (former main? Still debating it with myself) pairing, AdvanceShipping, doesn't have, given that it's going on ten years since the Advanced Generation ended. I was a supporter of NegaiShipping during Best Wishes, and still am to a degree. Amour, though, intrigued me ever since I learned Ash and Serena knew each other in childhood.

The reasons why I stay here, and plan to in Gen VII and beyond, is because of its differences from other pairings, particularly with Ash. I knew as soon as A Battle By Any Other Name that this pairing was going to be breaking a lot of rules that the anime had set since the Advanced Generation. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that the Pokemon anime even used the world "date" anywhere near a main character. Serena's crush is canon, lasting, and noticeable, in-series and to the viewer. In retrospect it feels hard to believe that one of the most popular pairings was forged on a high five. I feel that Amour has a massive amount of potential, more than any other Ash pairing, and part of why I'm here is for that reason. I've also always enjoyed Serena's character as well as the pacing of XY, which certainly helps things. It's completely unpredictable in nature, even as the series winds down. Really, who thought a League episode like XY125 would become "the Wannabe Wife episode"? (I mean that respectfully, just to clarify)

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. This is the first topic(I think) of this thread. However, since there are several new faces, I think it's worth asking again-

To answer my own question, I like Amourshipping primarily because it's sweet and heartwarming. The way Serena acts towards Ash, their history and their interactions are best described as sweet and heartwarming. Anytime, I see these moments , I feel happy.

As for what's different that made me follow it, it's pokemon. If it were other shows, I would know the guy and gal would always get together in the end. So I don't bother actively following it. But when pokemon introduces it, there's a certain uncertainty in the shipping. This makes the shipping somewhat unpredictable and exciting to talk about. And hear other people talk about it. So this is why I actively follow this shipping. For fun. And of course, there are other reasons but I'll keep them to myself.

Ah, this is something I love to talk about. Anyways, amourshipping had always intrigued me because it was the first time we had confirmed feelings. As I followed it more and more, it began to grow on me to where I became so confident that it was gonna happen and that I'd be so happy when it did. That combined with the overall appeal of XY and XYZ to make the perfect formula. Also, similar to Red Pheonix, I love how sweet their relationship is. I just see these two as a real couple and there connection just seems perfect. I just see something in their bond that I didn't in others.

Now as for what make it's different, it has to be that it really feels like they're a couple. The dynamic between the two is unlike anything I've ever seen before and it really makes it feel unique. Furthermore, I really feel like there is more from Ash's side too.

Red Pheonix

Well, I'm not exactly new, as I've actually been an AmourShipper since before it was named. I probably look new, though, given that I've been inactive from late 2013 until recently.

The reasons why I stay here, and plan to in Gen VII and beyond, is because of its differences from other pairings, particularly with Ash. I knew as soon as A Battle By Any Other Name that this pairing was going to be breaking a lot of rules that the anime had set since the Advanced Generation. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that the Pokemon anime even used the world "date" anywhere near a main character. Serena's crush is canon, lasting, and noticeable, in-series and to the viewer. In retrospect it feels hard to believe that one of the most popular pairings was forged on a high five. I feel that Amour has a massive amount of potential, more than any other Ash pairing, and part of why I'm here is for that reason. I've also always enjoyed Serena's character as well as the pacing of XY, which certainly helps things. It's completely unpredictable in nature, even as the series winds down. Really, who thought a League episode like XY125 would become "the Wannabe Wife episode"? (I mean that respectfully, just to clarify)

Guess I'm the junior here. I started watching xyz in April this year and a shipper from the second episode.

You got the unpredictable thing right. I didn't expect Serena snowballing Ash either yet it's an important part of the Ash-Greninja arc. The unpredictability of the shipping is a big reason of why I'm optimistic about amourshipping.

Oh I think you meant "Wanna be Wifu moment"

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Guess I'm the junior here. I started watching xyz in April this year and a shipper from the second episode.

You got the unpredictable thing right. I didn't expect Serena snowballing Ash either yet it's an important part of the Ash-Greninja arc. The unpredictability of the shipping is a big reason of why I'm optimistic about amourshipping.

Oh I think you meant "Wanna be Wifu moment"

I totally didn't think about the unpredictability. Also, how about the fact that the moments have only gone up? That is what makes amour truly beautiful.

Side Note: You know **** is gettin' real when PokemonRangerBoy starts making videos about the recent supposed leaks.

What I like about it? Well. I love how Amourshipping is unique compared to the other shippings, we've never have had a female protagonist who displayed feelings of love toward Ash until we met Serena. As the series progressed hints of amour have never stopped when it could have, it makes me believe that the writers will eventually give us at least a closure to the ship or it becoming canon.

Previous series sure they had hints from time to time but not to the extent that is shown in XY where it is somewhat canon (one-sided.) Even though it being one-sided we have gotten multiple small hints from Ash like his nervous nose scratching when he gave Serena a gift, compliments to her outfits, and surprisingly him putting her Master Class above his LAST Gym Battle showing his care for her dreams not only his. XY is different, in a better way it makes me feel that there is a chance that this will happen.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

What I like about it? Well. I love how Amourshipping is unique compared to the other shippings, we've never have had a female protagonist who displayed feelings of love toward Ash until we met Serena. As the series progressed hints of amour have never stopped when it could have, it makes me believe that the writers will eventually give us at least a closure to the ship or it becoming canon.

Previous series sure they had hints from time to time but not to the extent that is shown in XY where it is somewhat canon (one-sided.) Even though it being one-sided we have gotten multiple small hints from Ash like his nervous nose scratching when he gave Serena a gift, compliments to her outfits, and surprisingly him putting her Master Class above his LAST Gym Battle showing his care for her dreams not only his. XY is different, in a better way it makes me feel that there is a chance that this will happen.

Also, his appreciation for her snapping him out of his depression and the fist-bump. You forgot those two-sided moments.

Also, his appreciation for her snapping him out of his depression and the fist-bump. You forgot those two-sided moments.

Yep, didn't want to state every example but yea, Ash has been far more mature in XY when comparing to other series giving me hope that Serena's feelings might be able to get through that thick skull of his.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Yep, didn't want to state every example but yea, Ash has been far more mature in XY when comparing to other series giving me hope that Serena's feelings might be able to get through that thick skull of his.

Yeah, I just felt that the depression arc was one of the best examples. And I truly believe that because of how much Ash already admires Serena, that can easily translate to love.

taeuknam

What made me follow it at first was all of the hype surrounding the ship, there was a real sense of excitement and optimism at the beginning of XY. The writers gave us tons of fluff and ship tease, from before the series even started. First, there was the revelation that Serena was acquainted with Ash from a trailer or something. XY001 - XY006 continuously built up the hype by not telling us their history, while making it clear that they had some. XY007 was an explosion of hype with the flashback and confirmed crush. Since then, they've been regularly teasing Serena's crush through blushes and jealousy, in too many episodes to name.

However, what makes me really appreciate the shipping is the narrative.

This is a story of a girl who was lost.

She was lost as a small child in a forest, hurt and scared. Then, a boy found her, purely by chance, and saved her. Saved her from her pain, from her fears, and from her situation. He treated her ankle, giving her relief from her pain. He embraced her, giving her warmth so she would be afraid no more. He led her out of the forest, telling her to never give up until the end, thereby giving her resolve. He had given her so much in such a short time, and it impacted her. Impacted her to the extent that the passing phrase he once uttered to her became her motto. Impacted her to the extent that the handkerchief he tied to her ankle became one of Serena's most treasured possessions, keeping it with her for all those years. Impacted her to the extent that a boy who did not even know her by name became the reason for her journey.

Later on, she was lost in the forest of life, wandering aimlessly. Every day was a repeat of the last, a pointless routine that she had been coerced into by her mother. Again, the boy from her childhood came into her life by chance, appearing on her television set. She instantly knew it was him because of the impact he had on her. Again, he saved her. Saved her from boredom, from aimlessness, from a life she didn't want. The meer presence of him in Kalos motivated her to begin an adventure and he asked her to join him, ending the routine she was stuck in for so many years. Her saviour was finally at her side, like she had wanted for years, and she was thrilled. So thrilled that she doted on him as her hero. He gave her endless encouragement and advice, as well as inspiration. The impact he had on her would lead her to devote herself to a goal that she truly loved, and she could feel that she had a purpose. He gave her the confidence she needed to succeed, and she was able to reject her mother's imposition of her goal in favour of her own. He not only made her happy, but because of him, she was empowered to make herself and others happy. He had given her so much throughout her life. But she realized that to become the Kalos Queen, she would have to give, not just receive.

Soon afterwards, he became lost. He had lost himself in a blind desire to become stronger. He was no longer the boy who saved her in the forest. She now had her chance to repay him for everything. She gave him patience, attention, and when those failed, she gave him tough love by yelling at him. It was undoubtedly the most difficult thing she even did, having to lose her hero and having to confront him in order to save him. But she did. She saved him from himself, and nothing made her happier than seeing the boy chasing the Poliwag recover his former self.

Amourshipping may or may not end the way we wanted to. What will be true regardless is the story of a girl who had a crush on her hero who gave her everything. However it ends, we will always look back on a heartwarming story that was told about a girl who was lost and the boy who saved her.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
What made me follow it at first was all of the hype surrounding the ship, there was a real sense of excitement and optimism at the beginning of XY. The writers gave us tons of fluff and ship tease, from before the series even started. First, there was the revelation that Serena was acquainted with Ash from a trailer or something. XY001 - XY006 continuously built up the hype by not telling us their history, while making it clear that they had some. XY007 was an explosion of hype with the flashback and confirmed crush. Since then, they've been regularly teasing Serena's crush through blushes and jealousy, in too many episodes to name.

She was lost as a small child in a forest, hurt and scared. Then, a boy found her, purely by chance, and saved her. Saved her from her pain, from her fears, and from her situation. He treated her ankle, giving her relief from her pain. He embraced her, giving her warmth so she would be afraid no more. He led her out of the forest, telling her to never give up until the end, thereby giving her resolve. He had given her so much in such a short time, and it impacted her. Impacted her to the extent that the passing phrase he once uttered to her became her motto. Impacted her to the extent that the handkerchief he tied to her ankle became one of Serena's most treasured possessions, keeping it with her for all those years. Impacted her to the extent that a boy who did not even know her by name became the reason for her journey.

Later on, she was lost in the forest of life, wandering aimlessly. Every day was a repeat of the last, a pointless routine that she had been coerced into by her mother. Again, the boy from her childhood came into her life by chance, appearing on her television set. She instantly knew it was him because of the impact he had on her. Again, he saved her. Saved her from boredom, from aimlessness, from a life she didn't want. The meer presence of him in Kalos motivated her to begin an adventure and he asked her to join him, ending the routine she was stuck in for so many years. Her saviour was finally at her side, like she had wanted for years, and she was thrilled. So thrilled that she doted on him as her hero. He gave her endless encouragement and advice, as well as inspiration. The impact he had on her would lead her to devote herself to a goal that she truly loved, and she could feel that she had a purpose. He gave her the confidence she needed to succeed, and she was able to reject her mother's imposition of her goal in favour of her own. He not only made her happy, but because of him, she was empowered to make herself and others happy. He had given her so much throughout her life. But she realized that to become the Kalos Queen, she would have to give, not just receive.

Soon afterwards, he became lost. He had lost himself in a blind desire to become stronger. He was no longer the boy who saved her in the forest. She now had her chance to repay him for everything. She gave him patience, attention, and when those failed, she gave him tough love by yelling at him. It was undoubtedly the most difficult thing she even did, having to lose her hero and having to confront him in order to save him. But she did. She saved him from himself, and nothing made her happier than seeing the boy chasing the Poliwag recover his former self.

Amourshipping may or may not end the way we wanted to. What will be true regardless is the story of a girl who had a crush on her hero who gave her everything. However it ends, we will always look back on a heartwarming story that was told about a girl who was lost and the boy who saved her.

Truly well written. And perhaps the girl will save the boy in his time of need when he is trapped by the clutches of evil.

taeuknam

Truly well written. And perhaps the girl will save the boy in his time of need when he is trapped by the clutches of evil.

I would like to see an emotional moment between the two while she rescues him. Particularly, I'd like her to save him from a beam of some sort and slowly be drained of life. While this happens, Ash tearfully tells her that this is his fault for asking her to join his journey, and Serena thanks him for everything, saying that he was the only person in her life who made her so happy and that she wouldn't want it any other way. As she dies, she tells him she loves her.

Of course, she gets revived in the end.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I would like to see an emotional moment between the two while she rescues him. Particularly, I'd like her to save him from a beam of some sort and slowly be drained of life. While this happens, Ash tearfully tells her that this is his fault for asking her to join his journey, and Serena thanks him for everything, saying that he was the only person in her life who made her so happy and that she wouldn't want it any other way. As she dies, she tells him she loves her.

Of course, she gets revived in the end.

That would be cool, but probably too dark. I still see an emotional moment between the two after she rescues him before they go off to stop Lysandre.

P14

I've been a fan of every main pokemon shipping (excluding ash x iris xd) primarily because it's fun. I don't know why but shippings in other anime don't affect me as much as in pokemon, probably because you know they will become canon anyway. Its also kind of funny how everything goes over Ash's head, despite traveling with Brock for 4 gens.
The thing that sets amourshipping apart is that it is already semi canon, Serena started her journey just to meet up with Ash do I doubt the writers are going to toss it away like the other shippings. Or maybe they just did it to troll the shipping community, but I still have faith in this ship and I hope Serena isn't written off like the other companions.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I've been a fan of every main pokemon shipping (excluding ash x iris xd) primarily because it's fun. I don't know why but shippings in other anime don't affect me as much as in pokemon, probably because you know they will become canon anyway. Its also kind of funny how everything goes over Ash's head, despite traveling with Brock for 4 gens.
The thing that sets amourshipping apart is that it is already semi canon, Serena started her journey just to meet up with Ash do I doubt the writers are going to toss it away like the other shippings. Or maybe they just did it to troll the shipping community, but I still have faith in this ship and I hope Serena isn't written off like the other companions.

It's pretty apparent that the writers have changed it up quite a bit. I don't think she'll be written off. They've gone too far to do that without butchering some relationships with fans.

Red Pheonix

*sob*

Anyway, another reason I like the shipping because is I can sort of "feel" what Serena's feeling. Like when she first saw Ash and how she took a sudden interest, I sort of felt what Serena's been feeling at the time. Since I understand her situation, I became interested in how the whole thing plays out.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
*sob*

Anyway, another reason I like the shipping because is I can sort of "feel" what Serena's feeling. Like when she first saw Ash and how she took a sudden interest, I sort of felt what Serena's been feeling at the time. Since I understand her situation, I became interested in how the whole thing plays out.

I can agree with that. Watching shows like pokemon and studying the relationships between characters has actually been very interesting to me. It's a large reason that I'm considering psychology as my major when I go to college next year (Maybe I went a little personal there, but I feel comfortable sharing that info here in the friendly amourshipping thread).

MegaScyther

Bug trainer
So iv been watching older episodes of pokemon and also the spin off series pokemon chronicles. There were a lot of relationships that were supposedly built up during the time of Ash's travels through hoenn off screen until this series, makes me wonder if they could do something like that for that series and so much build up of the concept of relationships why can't they have it built up from ash's side as well. Ash and Serena could potentially develop their relationship on off screen land and who knows maybe something has happened between them and its just being kept a secret till the very end

taeuknam

*sob*

Her blushing is probably what makes her feelings apparent. I feel like we sometimes take the blushing for granted since she blushes so often, but I guarantee that any other ship would go ballistic if the main girl blushed even slightly while talking to Ash. That's one of the the things I really appreciate about this league, that Serena blushed heavily and looked so proud when Ash defeated Sawyer, as well as intensely wanting him to win throughout.

That would be cool, but probably too dark. I still see an emotional moment between the two after she rescues him before they go off to stop Lysandre.

What kind of emotional moment do you have in mind?

It's pretty apparent that the writers have changed it up quite a bit. I don't think she'll be written off. They've gone too far to do that without butchering some relationships with fans.

I just watched the dub of the Master class episodes and even I must admit the possibility of Serena leaving is scaring me, especially considering we might not get an Iris cameo and therefore we might not get a Serena Cameo. Grace eavesdropping does give me hope though. It seems too mysterious to leave unresolved.

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
I just watched the dub of the Master class episodes and even I must admit the possibility of Serena leaving is scaring me, especially considering we might not get an Iris cameo and therefore we might not get a Serena Cameo. Grace eavesdropping does give me hope though. It seems too mysterious to leave unresolved.
The difference is Iris is... Iris if you know what I mean :p

Grace will be the one who ruin everything or become a savior. She might be the final push for Serena to leave OR to travel with Ash. Because she can talk to Serena about her future and since she might know about Serena's feeling, she will persuade her to leave or to stay depending on the writers' desire for the plot

Status
Not open for further replies.