• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBraveGallade

looks like we need a new thread soon.... this needs cleanup.

honestly though? It is progress. does anyone remember that ash always clilbs one step per season? top 32 indigo, top 16 silver, top 8 ever grande, top 4 lilly of the valley. lets just forget BW ever happened as even the anime team seems to know it was a mistake, and ash HAS gotten to the next level...

We don't know how this ship will sink or how the writers will handle the transition to the next generation. that... is still up in the air as of yet.

ttiptoes

They're still attatched to the status quo I don't think there's anyways Serena will get a satisfying conclusion now I hope I'm wrong

AshSerena

I guess it's time to abandon ship. The message is loud and clear: Ash is NEVER winning a League, nor is his character going to progress in a meaningful way which actually lasts. I predict Amourshipping will be killed off in the last episode, like pretty much every sane person already knew.

Anyway, nice knowing you guys. This series was fun while it lasted, but I'm done.

No :( is it really confirm now that amourshipping will end like prev one? if people leaving i might leave this thread too and give up too..
btw this scene looks like Serena is trying to save Ash on this picture
[IMGSIZE=200]http://i.imgur.com/elqDyn8.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=200]http://i.imgur.com/j4pnIsk.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

No, the show will still manage to survive because little kids (the target audience) haven't dealt with 20 years of disappointment...and us old viewers are masochists. Good riddance if this League is what finally kills the anime, but it's not happening.

Similarly, kids won't care about Amour once the new girl comes in. Some old people will keep watching, while others will finally say '**** this' and move on.
Newbie fans will get interested in the next series and start shipping Ash with the new girl, that will become the next big Pokemon pairing in Japan blah blah blah.

Only old time fandom like you and me will get annoyed by this.

AshSerena

im starting losing hope after reading some of people comment here....
i think the writers has no plan changing anything from this anime..i guess waste of time

plus Ash said something about Meeting more trainers and Pokemon and then get stronger during the scene.. maybe a hint from the writers that Ash is going to Alola region
but i dont have hope about Serena going there too..

i think we need to discuss this here with people (and some veteran people if you guys can :x)

seriously im starting to lose hope..

Last edited:

Commander Wrex

I guess it's time to abandon ship. The message is loud and clear: Ash is NEVER winning a League, nor is his character going to progress in a meaningful way which actually lasts. I predict Amourshipping will be killed off in the last episode, like pretty much every sane person already knew.

Anyway, nice knowing you guys. This series was fun while it lasted, but I'm done.

Welcome to the club.

If I didn't have that weight of time filled with disappointment for Ash (non-Amour related), then I would be less critical, but boy, on the ONE time I decided to get up early to watch, this load of garbage came up.

...but anyways, I think Amour is done - had been for a while, actually. I don't think it's DIREXTLY due to Ash's loss, but the status quo lives on. Like some have said, the target audience is younger kids - no offense, they don't know better. They won't know that this has been a repeat for most part of 20 years...very disappointed. One giant part of my bucket list for Pokemon is gone again unfulfilled, and I'm left actually ranting about a CARTOON.

Pathetic.

Done with this. And Amour, for that matter.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
No :( is it really confirm now that amourshipping will end like prev one? if people leaving i might leave this thread too and give up too..
btw this scene looks like Serena is trying to save Ash on this picture
[IMGSIZE=200]http://i.imgur.com/elqDyn8.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=200]http://i.imgur.com/j4pnIsk.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Nothing is confirmed, but it's how Pokémon has dealt with characters in the past...and if this episode has proved anything, it's that Pokémon never 'grows up'.

Newbie fans will get interested in the next series and start shipping Ash with the new girl, that will become the next big Pokemon pairing in Japan blah blah blah.

Only old time fandom like you and me will get annoyed by this.

Yep, and this is why Pokémon will keep surviving like a cockroach in a nuclear holocaust.

Welcome to the club.

If I didn't have that weight of time filled with disappointment for Ash (non-Amour related), then I would be less critical, but boy, on the ONE time I decided to get up early to watch, this load of garbage came up.

...but anyways, I think Amour is done - had been for a while, actually. I don't think it's DIREXTLY due to Ash's loss, but the status quo lives on. Like some have said, the target audience is younger kids - no offense, they don't know better. They won't know that this has been a repeat for most part of 20 years...very disappointed. One giant part of my bucket list for Pokemon is gone again unfulfilled, and I'm left actually ranting about a CARTOON.

Pathetic.

Done with this. And Amour, for that matter.

Agreed. Nothing changes til kids stop bothering about this anime.

Last edited:

ttiptoes

It's such a bummer I mean if they wanted views It'd make more sense for her to go with her but I know they're sure as hell not going to do that

Gantai

The problem with Pokemon is its the same over and over again. I thought they would change that with the XY series however it seems they just cannot change. even with new writers and the PG rating they still don't add anything new. How they manage to keep the anime going this long still amazes me, but in reality they will suffer a LOT of backlash after this episode. I can tell their ratings will go down immensely. If amourshipping flops as well then the Pokemon anime is good as done.

It will be considered a 20 year waste of time.

Please, the ratings have been crap ever since the beginning of XY (and got even worse after Yokai Watch came along). Amourshipping did nothing for the pokeani's popularity (at least not in Japan), that's amourshippers' biased opinion without any facts backing it up.

If you don't believe me just check animesnetwork "Japan's Animation TV Ranking." XYZ is lucky if it can make it to top ten. The best rank it had in ages was XY 127 and that coincides with Pokemon Go's release in Japan. XY 129 didn't even make it to top ten, same goes for that Serena cosplaying as Satoshi episode.
The people that make the anime don't give a crap if the pokeani got slightly popular again overseas, they only care about the ratings in their home country.

Epicocity

Love how everyone starts jumping ship just because Ash didn't win a League...hilarious.

Honestly, while winning the League may have been a great sign, him losing it hardly says the ship is going down. Ash lost in three separate Leagues and Brock still followed him around. Status Quo still broke today...just not the one we wanted. I still imagine the Flare arc will be exciting and epic, and Serena looks to be playing a big role in it. (Well, they all are).

So...if this is making you give up on this ship...how much did you really support it? Do 3 years of hints mean nothing? Does an near outright confession to others mean nothing? Because of one episode? No, good sirs and madams! Amourshipping is still alive! And I will hold onto that hope! I'm no captain, but I'm keeping this ship sailing, even if I have to go down with it in the end!

honestly i feel like there is not any indication or whatsoever of any progression for amourshipping in that trailer, that scene with serena just looks like the basic "serena gets worried and etc, etc" nothing different, i doubt anything is gonna come of from this, so yeah... i didn't really have any REAL expectations about this ship, and honestly i think we should already had expected this... i mean... there was no meaningfull progression during the league, and if the writers REALLY wanted to do something different about amourshipping, they should have done already, as optmistic people, we expected a last minute development thing, but seriously... that's usually not how it works with those series, especially pokemon, i mean only if they were planning this series to be ash's last adventure, but it is not, so yeah... it is too late now

but now we finally know the lesson, never underestimate the ability of the pokemon writers to completely not give a F** LOL, i can only laugh about all of this, and I'm sorry for the people who still believe it... not anyone can be like that, but i have a lot of respect for the atitude tho

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Love how everyone starts jumping ship just because Ash didn't win a League...hilarious.

Honestly, while winning the League may have been a great sign, him losing it hardly says the ship is going down. Ash lost in three separate Leagues and Brock still followed him around. Status Quo still broke today...just not the one we wanted. I still imagine the Flare arc will be exciting and epic, and Serena looks to be playing a big role in it. (Well, they all are).

So...if this is making you give up on this ship...how much did you really support it? Do 3 years of hints mean nothing? Does an near outright confession to others mean nothing? Because of one episode? No, good sirs and madams! Amourshipping is still alive! And I will hold onto that hope! I'm no captain, but I'm keeping this ship sailing, even if I have to go down with it in the end!

Funny thing is you're the most realistic one on this thread when it comes to thinking about the ship. But for me, it's ride or die. If this ship does sink at the end, I'm turning it into a party boat so there's that... (I'll come back and read this in a few days and wonder what I was thinking)

Yep, Brock followed him around so there's still hope for Serena. I'm just surprised at everyone giving up before the end which is the exact opposite of one of the biggest sayings for the ship.

Like I said captain, it's ride or die for me. Serena's been the only Pokegirl I can actually enjoy being on the show and if supporting this ship means going through hell and back then so be it. But, if I'm still on the ship do I need to wear a sailor's outfit?

volcanionmaster123

Well that episode just pissed me off lol.

But in all seriousness, I did notice something, whatever the narrative points to, the opposite happens. Satoshi had all the signs pointing toward winning this League...and the opposite unfortunately happened. For everyone's sake here, you better hope if the narrative shows all signs pointing to Serena training with Yashio (I think of her as Hillary not sure if anybody's used that word here), the opposite actually happens. Probably a coincidence, but whatever

ttiptoes

The thing is the fight against Alain was built up to look like Ash would win so I'd say a similar thing will happen with Seren unfortunately

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
The connection is clear. The status quo still remains strong.
At this point, small bullets have struck the ship and is now starts to sink. It's been a great ride with you all but enough is enough. Serena isn't going to Alola with Ash and will stay to train with Palermo/Yashio whatever her name is and will be forgotten FOREVER along with this ship.
Did they write : "F*** Serena, new companions" after Ash lost?

Status quo doesn't mean anything, the water starter curse and Ash never get to final curse status quo is broken so there is no reason Serena has absolutely no chance coming to Kalos. I have been on this ship for too long to abandoned it easily. Even if it's sink, there's still an emergency boat xD

Last edited:

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
The thing is the fight against Alain was built up to look like Ash would win so I'd say a similar thing will happen with Seren unfortunately

First off, the League has nothing to do with Amourshipping. They are two separate entities for the show.

Second, everyone got so caught up in the Hype that we never thought to look at all the hints saying Ash would lose. The Pokefan magazine cleary asking "Can anyone beat Ash-Greninja?", the Greninja trailer that teased the Shuriken. The Shuriken being shown in both previews for this episode. Ash's "Ultimate Team" and the such...

But, I'm not ready to go down without a fight so anyone that's given up that's fine with me but it's the bottom of the 9th and I'm taking my swings even if I strike out...

Epicocity

Did they write : "F*** Serena, new companions" after Ash lost?

Status quo doesn't mean anything, the water starter curse and Ash never get to final curse status quo is broken and there is no reason Serena has absolutely no chance coming to Kalos. I have been on this ship for too long to abandoned it easily. Even if it's sink, there's still an emergency boat xD

The status quo, for the most part, is a set of fan inventions. Trends that have cropped up over the years. Honestly, Ash may have lost the League, but he lost it to a character who was involved before and will be involved in the next many episodes. Ash may become a true hero during the Flare arc, lauded for his efforts unlike the past. This could still easily be different.

Is it disappointing? Sure. But no one ought to give up hope, and I can't believe I was the first one to say this! Me! The guy who's been taking the most pessimistic stance on the ship to prevent people from getting too excited over it!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Of course it's no guarantee that Amourshipping won't be canon because of Ash's loss. It's just very, very likely. Nothing more to say really.

AshSerena

Okay after reading some of you guys comment i decided to not give up till end.. im gonna watch it till end and let see..
but my support to amourshipping went down fro 90% to around 30% right now..

what i want is a ending confession from Serena or if this impossible at least let Serena continue traveling with Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.