• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Quick question now that all the fuss is done, i have a fun little question;

With the Kalos League concluded, how would you write the finale of XY&Z?

Havoc, havoc, and more havoc. Ash gets kidnapped, Alain is forced to fight Ash to save Mairin and Chespie because he never realised he was working for a terrorist, Ash wins, Alain gets out with Chespie and Mairin, Serena and the rest of the team (including Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Sawyer, perhaps Diantha) comes to battle Flare, everyone pins down Flare grunts while Serena saves Ash, Amourshipping moment, Lysandre is arrested forever, everyone goes back to Kanto to relax for a bit, Serena is sad that Ash'll leave soon, Amourshipping moment, attempted confession botched by Team Rocket attacking again, Ash invites her to go to Alola and tell him on the way there, Serena doesn't do that, and we have an almost canon Amourshipping, a proper way to end Alain v Ash, and a perfect transition to the new region.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
And maybe just for proper closure, Ash and Alain are forced to fight because Lysandre is holding both Chespie and Mairin captive, but Ash wins, Lysandre goes insane, Ash-Greninja gets completely wiped out due to the battle, Alain rescues Chespie and Mairin and helps destroy Flare, and Serena is the one who holds Ash in her lap while he's completely dead due to the fatigue of battle. Perfect Amour moment, proper closure to who's actually stronger when there's something real at stake (2 lives v. a trophy), and proper way to conclude the destruction of a terrorist.

They do have to watch themselves, though. Terrorism in Paris isn't going to be horribly well-received, especially in Europe.

Johtohfiller

It's not really vital imo, but I agree the fact Ash lost does make it that much more likely Amourshipping will not become canon. And I hope that those with their faith still strong in the ship's future can at least be aware of where things really stand. It will be for their own good. Do not kill me please guys! *ducks and runs*

Flare arc has more ship potential than the League. If we get throught that without Amour content, then I'll be worried.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
They do have to watch themselves, though. Terrorism in Paris isn't going to be horribly well-received, especially in Europe.

Very true, especially because terrorism is the main argument for countries wanting to shut down borders to stem the flow of "illegal dangerous terrorists intermingling with the real refugees". On a completely sideways tangent, I think that only a minute percentage of the refugees are evil. //end statement

Maybe the writers would balance out the terrorism (I mean, the beginning of the terror plot has already been shown, so there's no turning back) with the protagonists winning against Flare.

I can really see something like this happening, maybe even at the end Serena is the reason why Ash wakes up or something like that, and from this point he starts developing feelings towards her. Too much to ask though.

I don't think so. Ash has been in a couple of life-death scenarios, but if he wakes up to a crying Serena who's visibly about to get injured by a Houndour's Dark Pulse BUT she's not trying to get away because she's too concerned about him, he should at least begin to realise that she's not just a good childhood friend, but something even bigger. It'd be really stretching the fabrics of Ash's persona to say that he'll instantly fall in love, but we'd get maybe a"tactical hug" or something, in which he hugs her close, pulls her down, and saves her (and him) from an attack. That scene would then start a scene where both of them destroy the grunt, then rush off together to save the others from being overrun by grunts. Together is the key word.

Red Pheonix

Flare arc has more ship potential than the League. If we get throught that without Amour content, then I'll be worried.

Serena in a helicopter, guess what she's doing? Hint: She loves this dork and when said dork is captured, then........

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Serena in a helicopter, guess what she's doing? Hint: She loves this dork and when said dork is captured, then........

More like all of us would be disappointed, and probably stop watching the anime for quite a bit because the writers are probably having a good kick screwing us.

Red Pheonix

More like all of us would be disappointed, and probably stop watching the anime for quite a bit because the writers are probably having a good kick screwing us.

Wait, what? You probably quoted the wrong post.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

One can wish...

Of course, it's probably better for one to wait another week before getting their hopes up again.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Wait, what? You probably quoted the wrong post.

10/10 quoted the wrong post LOL.

Sorry about that! My computer's mouse is acting really wonky, so sometimes I click things that I never meant to. I'm sure it was a reference to the post above yours (or something like that)?

Red Pheonix

One can wish...

Of course, it's probably better for one to wait another week before getting their hopes up again.

Granted but still. We'll get something.

Side-note: How long till the fire extuingishes?

lane

A Giant Goldfish

At least we know that the Flare arc is going to be amazing. And what fire?

Markerz

He means the fire caused by Team Flare ravaging Lumiose City, which may or may not be recognized throughout the entirety of the Pokemon world.

Or perhaps the other fire that's so fervently taken over the net right now. ;)

Red Pheonix

The fire of people's anger for Ash's lose in the league. The source of the pessimism.It's going to be difficult to discuss while things are crazy.

Also I sent a Private Message to you.

Silencers

Seasoned Trainer
Well I did start to wonder due to all the backlash why the writers would do this. And people have said before that the battle felt off. Its a stretch but maybe Lysandre intervened and somehow made Charizard X super strong? But it is unlikely and was never shown before the battle so I doubt that they would pull something like that on a kids show. Though that would allow a proper rematch and either have a non rushed victory for Alain or have Ash win. However the chances are next zero. However as I did state before Ash and Serena did make it to their respective finals, which could be some common ground (Even if Ash's battle was weird due to his lack of will to win.)

Something else worth noting is that when people go through something dramatic they tend to be drawn closer and hidden feelings can surface. Serena may admit it to him that she likes him and after seeing XYZ22 he may state the same. However knowing the writers I don't trust them farther than I can throw a stone. It is obvious this subplot as it has been called will be concluded somehow, whether amour is canon or sinks remains to be seen.

Red Pheonix

Well I did start to wonder due to all the backlash why the writers would do this. And people have said before that the battle felt off. Its a stretch but maybe Lysandre intervened and somehow made Charizard X super strong? But it is unlikely and was never shown before the battle so I doubt that they would pull something like that on a kids show. Though that would allow a proper rematch and either have a non rushed victory for Alain or have Ash win. However the chances are next zero. However as I did state before Ash and Serena did make it to their respective finals, which could be some common ground (Even if Ash's battle was weird due to his lack of will to win.)

Something else worth noting is that when people go through something dramatic they tend to be drawn closer and hidden feelings can surface. Serena may admit it to him that she likes him and after seeing XYZ22 he may state the same. However knowing the writers I don't trust them farther than I can throw a stone. It is obvious this subplot as it has been called will be concluded somehow, whether amour is canon or sinks remains to be seen.

I don't think they will "sink" the ship. More like, hang it on a cliffhanger.

FlarezFTW

Amourshipper
woah. after watching a lil bit of a subbed version the league could have been rigged, malva said on live tv that greninja is ash's last pokemon, and that it would lose, bold prediction or team flare meddling? (dont know how reliable the sub is so can't confirm yet)
I've only ever posted here once, but have always loved amour, I make several videos and theories on it on twitter and youtube and read this thread everyday (won't link because advertising is not a good move, js that I have always loved amour, my youtube or twitter isn't the handle i use here either so i'm not trying anything)

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'm actually wondering how the writers are going to pull off the Flare attack on Lumiose City. It's still a highly sensitive topic in France due to the recent upticks in terror activity in the region, so the Pokemon Company will have to trend a really, really fine line between offending everyone in Europe versus completing the Kalos series.

Also, do remember that there's still a couple months' worth of episodes (albeit just an episode a week), so there's plenty of time to develop a path to canonised Amour. What do you think, as of now, would be a good way to let Serena confess?

Perhaps after Serena does save Ash from the dungeon/hole he's in, they fall into a part of Prism Tower because the building is already highly unstable due to Z2. The entire episode could just be them running around the innards of the building, trying to find a way out. Maybe when it's in the deepest, darkest moment in which they think they're stuck inside forever, Serena confesses, and Ash understands that he's special to her (while not truly comprehending what she means). Of course, according to the typical scenario, maybe Bonnie or Clemont (preferably Bonnie) would yell for them, and both of them find a weak point in a wall or something, and get out, hand-in-hand, because the building is starting to collapse. Cue the blush sequence, where Serena really becomes a tomato, and Ash with a sheepish grin. Enter Team Flare, and the new episode a week later.

Epicocity

I'm actually wondering how the writers are going to pull off the Flare attack on Lumiose City. It's still a highly sensitive topic in France due to the recent upticks in terror activity in the region, so the Pokemon Company will have to trend a really, really fine line between offending everyone in Europe versus completing the Kalos series.

Also, do remember that there's still a couple months' worth of episodes (albeit just an episode a week), so there's plenty of time to develop a path to canonised Amour. What do you think, as of now, would be a good way to let Serena confess?

Perhaps after Serena does save Ash from the dungeon/hole he's in, they fall into a part of Prism Tower because the building is already highly unstable due to Z2. The entire episode could just be them running around the innards of the building, trying to find a way out. Maybe when it's in the deepest, darkest moment in which they think they're stuck inside forever, Serena confesses, and Ash understands that he's special to her (while not truly comprehending what she means). Of course, according to the typical scenario, maybe Bonnie or Clemont (preferably Bonnie) would yell for them, and both of them find a weak point in a wall or something, and get out, hand-in-hand, because the building is starting to collapse. Cue the blush sequence, where Serena really becomes a tomato, and Ash with a sheepish grin. Enter Team Flare, and the new episode a week later.

It's not like it's a bomb going off or a truck. I don't think killer plants can attack things in the real world!

That said, let's just all keep positive. As the rest of the world crumbles around us by attacking the company and TV Tokyo on Twitter, let's be like Noah's Ark as our ship sails on and escapes the flood. That all said, who gets the feeling there won't be anything next week owing to Ash spending more time with him rather than Serena?

DryingPan.

"Comeback sandwich!"

It's calmed down in here the past hour or so, but I'm sure there are plenty around the forum expressing their displeasure elsewhere. I too am frustrated with it all, but I'm still ride or die with this ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.