• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm watching XY084-Adventures in Running Errands. I find it interesting how Serena was so concerned about Ash going out in the rain while Clemont was literally risking his life to work on a piece of electrical equipment right next to her.

Red Pheonix

I'm watching XY084-Adventures in Running Errands. I find it interesting how Serena was so concerned about Ash going out in the rain while Clemont was literally risking his life to work on a piece of electrical equipment right next to her.

Sometimes, I think Serena gets too concerned with his Ashy......

To be fair, it's not unnecessary. Considering how stupid and reckless her Ashy is(he jumps into a f***ing volcano to save Talonflame while he could simply use a pokeball), I guess we need a overly concerned Serena to counter it.

04n70n10

I'll have to be honest here. After witnessing Satoshi lose again, I laughed at the thought of others' reactions. I'm the type of guy who moves on from things quickly. This behavior of the writers in making Satoshi constantly lose leagues occurs every season, so it's not new to see him lose in the Kalos League. I honestly have no issue towards this case. However, there's that "The league is tied with Amour" thing that even I cannot comprehend. I assume nobody read my last post yesterday regarding this. Good, I can write about this on my social studies research paper I'm working on.

Agree. Really, in any case and ending Amour is not tied with the resault of the league. We don't considered enaught that probably the league is tied with the team flare arc.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Sometimes, I think Serena gets too concerned with his Ashy......

To be fair, it's not unnecessary. Considering how stupid and reckless her Ashy is(he jumps into a f***ing volcano to save Talonflame while he could simply use a pokeball), I guess we need a overly concerned Serena to counter it.

I can't blame her sometimes, especially when we consider that the first time she saw Ash in years, he was jumping off of a damn building

Red Pheonix

I can't blame her sometimes, especially when we consider that the first time she saw Ash in years, he was jumping off of a damn building

How can she even sleep knowing this? What if her Ashy starts chasing a dunsparce in the middle of the night and gets himself into trouble? For all we know, he could be jumping into cold water and catch a cold! We all know how careful she is about him NOT catching a cold.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
How can she even sleep knowing this? What if her Ashy starts chasing a dunsparce in the middle of the night and gets himself into trouble? For all we know, he could be jumping into cold water and catch a cold! We all know how careful she is about him NOT catching a cold.

After what happened the last time he was sick, I'm not entirely sure she'd be opposed ;)

In all legitimate seriousness, it has to be hard on her to see him risk his life all the time. I predict that she's going to completely lose it during the TF arc, for better or for worse.

Last edited:

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
It's been real family. After 2 years of giving this ship a rest and coming back and seeing this its over. There is no way it'll work out as the show is geared towards the younger audience anyways. Fr, what did everyone expect? this is Pokemon, not some Mexican soap opera.

see you on the flip.

Epicocity

Helmsman Epicocity back! And I promised, so now I'm delivering:

Fantastic Friday!!!

For this, describe the very moment of Amourshipping that filled you with the most indescriabably joy. Not your favorite, or the best, but the most joyful. Have at it, folks!

Sorry for not responding to my own post. Promise I will later! Also, I realize when I posted it, it wasn't Thursday for some of you, but I still had 2 hours to go. ;)

JigglyScrub

DoriDori Pawaa
I'll have to be honest here. After witnessing Satoshi lose again, I laughed at the thought of others' reactions. I'm the type of guy who moves on from things quickly. This behavior of the writers in making Satoshi constantly lose leagues occurs every season, so it's not new to see him lose in the Kalos League. I honestly have no issue towards this case. However, there's that "The league is tied with Amour" thing that even I cannot comprehend. I assume nobody read my last post yesterday regarding this. Good, I can write about this on my social studies research paper I'm working on.

You're right in saying that the league and Amourshipping are not directly tied together. However, the result of the league is indicative of the direction the writing of the show is going in. Unless the league is just some front for the Team Flare arc, why should we believe the writers won't do the standard reset they always do? They can't even let Ash win with his strongest team ever that includes a one-of-a-kind Pokemon. Right now, all the signs point towards the anime doing what they've always done, and that doesn't include Amour.

Side note: Did anyone notice how Alain drew inspiration from Mairin like everyone wanted Ash to do with Serena? I guess we know which shipping is stronger.

Anyway, I'll keep watching until at least the end of XY&Z just to see what happens. I still support Amour, but I expect nothing and hope for everything.

matthew11

8000 MMR
You're right in saying that the league and Amourshipping are not directly tied together. However, the result of the league is indicative of the direction the writing of the show is going in. Unless the league is just some front for the Team Flare arc, why should we believe the writers won't do the standard reset they always do? They can't even let Ash win with his strongest team ever that includes a one-of-a-kind Pokemon. Right now, all the signs point towards the anime doing what they've always done, and that doesn't include Amour.

Side note: Did anyone notice how Alain drew inspiration from Mairin like everyone wanted Ash to do with Serena? I guess we know which shipping is stronger.

Anyway, I'll keep watching until at least the end of XY&Z just to see what happens. I still support Amour, but I expect nothing and hope for everything.

Exactly, they're not, but indirectly. Since the assumption of the league being the forefront for the TF arc is not yet entirely speculated (especially aired) and relating it to Amour, sadly, I can't contribute to that subject. For all I know, from an all-out Amourshipper's viewpoint, all it matters is that the hope for Amour to prevail is still there.

If you'd like, you can hope for Serena4Alola, since there's no league there, the impossibility of seeing Satoshi losing another major tournament and no "Amour will go down with the league" rants, everyone would be happy.

pakimon

Right now, all the signs point towards the anime doing what they've always done, and that doesn't include Amour.

You have to acknowledge the fact that this is the FIRST time we have a canon crush from a female companion, so they are not doing what they always do.

Fantastic Friday!!!

For this, describe the very moment of Amourshipping that filled you with the most indescriabably joy. Not your favorite, or the best, but the most joyful. Have at it, folks!

Sorry for not responding to my own post. Promise I will later! Also, I realize when I posted it, it wasn't Thursday for some of you, but I still had 2 hours to go. ;)

Honestly, every time Miette shows up and makes Serena blush about Ash makes me smile lol.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
You have to acknowledge the fact that this is the FIRST time we have a canon crush from a female companion, so they are not doing what they always do
Exactly, amour is very different from the usual. The league was practically the same as always except for Ash-Greninja and his Top 2 finish, which still shows change and difference btw. People are so quick to write things off, but we all seem to keep forgetting that this stuff when added in usually ends up a reality in the end. Closest similarities are Dragon Ball and Naruto, but also most kids movies have some sort of romance incorporated.

Fantastic Friday!!!

Probably have to go with #ShaunaKnows. I don't know, that scene has always been one of my favorites when it comes to giving me a good laugh.

Red Pheonix

After what happened the last time he was sick, I'm not entirely sure she'd be opposed ;)

In all legitimate seriousness, it has to be hard on her to see him risk his life all the time. I predict that she's going to completely lose it during the TF arc, for better or for worse.

She already went blanked went Ash was lost in the snowstorm. When she knows her Ashy is kidnapped by a terrorist organization AND is being used as some sort of energy source, thus getting tortured; well...........she's going Serena-Braixen. I'm calling it folks.

Fantastic Friday!!!

Well, when Ash gave Serena the ribbon. Lots of reasons. The background, the music, the setting and the way they talked.......loved every bit of it. Also the first strong Ash hint.

I also got a strange idea in my head. Might as well get it out-

How would Serena react if she read this thread?

It's just we come up with elaborate theories and discuss how she would confess and how much we want her to be with Ash and how much we like their interactions and rage when she was so close for a moment with his Ashy, it's an interesting thing to think about how she would react to all of these.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
She already went blanked went Ash was lost in the snowstorm. When she knows her Ashy is kidnapped by a terrorist organization AND is being used as some sort of energy source, thus getting tortured; well...........she's going Serena-Braixen. I'm calling it folks.

Well, when Ash gave Serena the ribbon. Lots of reasons. The background, the music, the setting and the way they talked.......loved every bit of it. Also the first strong Ash hint.

I also got a strange idea in my head. Might as well get it out-

It's just we come up with elaborate theories and discuss how she would confess and how much we want her to be with Ash and how much we like their interactions, it's an interesting thing to think about how she would react to all of these.

That's really breaking the forth wall right there. Well for one, she'd probably wonder how so many people know she has a crush on Ash. She'd probably be most intrigued by the ideas and theories surrounding Ash's feelings. Lastly, she probably wouldn't like the amount of people writing off the ship after one battle that has no impact whatsoever on the outcome of said ship.

Red Pheonix

That's really breaking the forth wall right there. Well for one, she'd probably wonder how so many people know she has a crush on Ash. She'd probably be most intrigued by the ideas and theories surrounding Ash's feelings. Lastly, she probably wouldn't like the amount of people writing off the ship after one battle that has no impact whatsoever on the outcome of said ship.

Serena: Wait, people think I'll drop Ash just because he losed the Kalos league? I'M NOT LIKE THAT!

Ash: Huh? What are you reading there?

*Serena goes tomato and waves around her arms like crazy*

Serena: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

matthew11

8000 MMR
You have to acknowledge the fact that this is the FIRST time we have a canon crush from a female companion, so they are not doing what they always do.

Saving JigglyScrub from the whirlpool of embarrassment by quoting:

and that doesn't include Amour.

Two new topicz!

Their very first meeting for me obviously. I don't think I need to describe it since we all share the same opinion on it.

Judging from the recent content of this thread, I'd say Serena will be initially confused, and then flustered. And like Omegaz stated, she'd be furious of the thought of people writing off the ship from one match lose.

Last edited:

pakimon

So last night there was a scenario that wouldn't get off my mind. I couldn't stop imagining this scene where somehow Serena and Braixen (from the helicopter) free Ash of this sort of red energy that's not letting him move, and then something hits the helicopter and Serena starts falling so Ash jumps to try and catch her sort of like what he did with pikachu in the first chapters of XY. Mairin was also in the helicopter tho, and i couldn't think about what to do with her. Also a scene of Ash holding her hand and saying "we are gonna do this...together" but that would be just too cheesy so nah.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Odds in favour of some events in the anime linked with Amourshipping in future (Revisited after the League): Warning .. An extremely pessimistic post coming from a former optimistic Amourshipper...

1. Getting a big "Ash-hint" in Amourshipping during TF arc : 20 : 80 Not too sure about it, status quo lives strong after the league. Seriously doubt that they plan to do something significant with Amourshipping and Serena. I don't think we'd get a SatoSere moment that would eclipse moments from XYZ-22/28 and Fist bump in TF arc. Most likely it would be a group rescue mission for Ash and in my opinion Alain (and not Serena) would be the most likely candidate to pull Ash out of Team Flare imprisonment.

2. Serena going to Alola : 3 : 97 and that 3 % only because of the 3 remaining slots in her party which could potentially be utilised in Alola, God-like status quo and anime Hillary Clinton stand in her way of continuing her journey with Ash to Alola. Most likely she stays back in Kalos and concentrates on her dream of becoming a Kalos queen.

3. Serena's successful attempt at confession : 1 : 99 Most probably we'd get a failed attempt at confession from Serena when she and Ash would eventually part separate ways towards the end of this season. Serena would realise that Ash would probably never reciprocate her feelings back and move on from him like Misty. We get an emotional departure and that's it.

4. Time skip Theory (by this I mean a 2-4 years time skip) : 1 : 99 First off, Rest In Peace all "New protagonist would be Ash and Serena's child" in Sun and Moon anime theories. At best we'd get characters getting older and a brief time skip of maybe a few years and even that seems a stretch. The anime is just too reluctant to do major changes in it's established structure and only God knows what is stopping them.

Like many people I'm disheartened from Ash's lose in the final. I've never seen such a huge backlash for an episode on internet ever in pokemon. I think status quo might be just unbeatable in pokemon anime.

EDIT : Amour centric episode titles (XY-59/XYZ-12) are no longer the most "troll titles" of the series, XYZ-38 takes the cake by a long shot.

Last edited:

pixcalibur

Can't stop laughing
Odds in favour of some events in the anime linked with Amourshipping in future (Revisited after the League): Warning .. An extremely pessimistic post coming from a former optimistic Amourshipper...

1. Getting a big "Ash-hint" in Amourshipping during TF arc : 20 : 80 Not too sure about it, status quo lives strong after the league. Seriously doubt that they plan to do something significant with Amourshipping and Serena. I don't think we'd get a SatoSere moment that would eclipse moments from XYZ-22/28 and Fist bump in TF arc. Most likely it would be a group rescue mission for Ash and in my opinion Alain (and not Serena) would be the most likely candidate to pull Ash out of Team Flare imprisonment.

2. Serena going to Alola : 3 : 97 and that 3 % only because of the 3 remaining slots in her party which could potentially be utilised in Alola, God-like status quo and anime Hillary Clinton stand in her way of continuing her journey with Ash to Alola. Most likely she stays back in Kalos and concentrates on her dream of becoming a Kalos queen.

3. Serena's successful attempt at confession : 1 : 99 Most probably we'd get a failed attempt at confession from Serena when she and Ash would eventually part separate ways towards the end of this season. Serena would realise that Ash would probably never reciprocate her feelings back and move on from him like Misty. We get an emotional departure and that's it.

4. Time skip Theory (by this I mean a 2-4 years time skip) : 1 : 99 First off, Rest In Peace all "New protagonist would be Ash and Serena's child" in Sun and Moon anime theories. At best we'd get characters getting older and a brief time skip of maybe a few years and even that seems a stretch. The anime is just too reluctant to do major changes in it's established structure and only God knows what is stopping them.

Like many people I'm disheartened from Ash's lose in the final. I've never seen such a huge backlash for an episode on internet ever in pokemon. I think status quo might be just unbeatable in pokemon anime.

EDIT : Amour centric episode titles (XY-59/XYZ-12) are no longer the most "troll titles" of the series, XYZ-38 takes the cake by a long shot.

Well, that may be a more realistic set of scenarios that you're listing unless some wacky curveball gets thrown here.
And yeah, just a note, many of the YT videos of the episode and even ones for the next episode preview had to disable ratings and comments

- Watch as Ash can save himself probably or maybe with Alain's help. Serena's just going to be in the background unless they find something for her to do to give her some role in this arc.

- Would need a real good reason for Serena to continue traveling instead of going the other path. Have to try to figure out how she would benefit by staying with Ash.

- Hard enough to get confessions from COTD's. Now when you're talking main characters, how would one follow up such a confession scene? And what about the future afterward? That would be interesting territory to explore if they ever decided to go down that path.

Now this would get ridiculous if the league as a whole was just a big ploy for TF and then later on do some mulligan scenario. Odd that Lumiose City would be where the league is instead of some out-of-the-way place where the official league would technically be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.