• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Serious question tho, if greninja was left at oak's lab during sun and moon would that break the ash-greninja bond?

Nah, though it'd basically be saying, "F*** you" to all the hype about Ash-Greninja being the most broken Pokemon ever.

This particular breed of message board lends itself to that, I don't think the problem is with the users.

Probably more of a "well, it's not been discussed for 3 pages, so we'll start talking about it. Again." ^.^

Well, that's part of the problem: any time a new user comes in, they inevitably bring up the same subjects we've discussed to death and that sends the ball rolling for everyone. I think we must have talked about Serena4Alola about 10 times since the League finale aired...

At least most of the discussion for the past 2-3 days has been fun talk, weird discussions, hypothetical scenarios, being a Serena fan club page, and fanficky-ness galore, amongst other small things. Still relatively quality stuff, I would say, because it just shows that some of the audience members for this 20 year old play are still engaged in it. :)

lane

A Giant Goldfish
#GreninjaAndSerena4Alola

I really have a feeling that Greninja's not gonna be in Alola. But then again, the writers have surprised me thus far, so I'm not holding my breath for that. I am fairly positive that Serena's going to be in Alola though, and if not, well, roundhouse kickin' is approved to be used on them writers because it means that they're actually not listening to us, and instead, actually just ran out of that stream of good luck from anticipating our reactions thus far. :p

We'll never know because Greninja would probably never see another battle.

Probably gonna be scouted by a Pokemon merchandise company's fashion scout, and in the end, would work for the Pokemon world's equivalent of Gucci or something to model scarves or something equally "Greninja". ^_^

Motor Bug2005

I am fairly positive that Serena's going to be in Alola though, and if not, well, roundhouse kickin' is approved to be used on them writers because it means that they're actually not listening to us, and instead, actually just ran out of that stream of good luck from anticipating our reactions thus far. :p

It's not the writers who'll need a good kick in the pants should Amourshipping not get the ending it deserves but the higher ups who employ them as they're the ones who decide what direction the show goes in; the writers are simply following orders.

Also, judging by the latest summary of XY&Z041, it looks like Serena might be receiving some help rescuing Chespie as it says "a powerful aide appears"; it's probably Steven with his Metagross. It also confirms that Serena has Mairin with her so we can discount the theory of her going alone but there's still a chance of her getting herself captured if Steven's there merely as a diversion while she infiltrates Lysandre Labs.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

It's not the writers who'll need a good kick in the pants should Amourshipping not get the ending it deserves but the higher ups who employ them as they're the ones who decide what direction the show goes in; the writers are simply following orders.

That's why the writers decided to give super secret hints that need to be decoded in a special way to retrieve the info. 200% True.

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Also, judging by the latest summary of XY&Z041, it looks like Serena might be receiving some help rescuing Chespie as it says "a powerful aide appears". It's probably Steven with his Metagross.

My boi Steven is making his appearance! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
His character is just so friggin' cool.

It'd be interesting to see a flashback to that episode where Ash finds Steven in a cave with a broken Aggron on his team.

Anyway, yeah, you're right about the peeps up top who need a good kick in the nuts (violence is not condoned, please don't do it). It'll really be a low blow to us if they decide to cut her off.

Motor Bug2005

My boi Steven is making his appearance! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
His character is just so friggin' cool.

It'd be interesting to see a flashback to that episode where Ash finds Steven in a cave with a broken Aggron on his team.

Anyway, yeah, you're right about the peeps up top who need a good kick in the nuts (violence is not condoned, please don't do it). It'll really be a low blow to us if they decide to cut her off.

I'm fine with Steven appearing just as long as he doesn't steal Serena's time in the spotlight.

Also, it would be a low blow to just cut her off but ultimately it wouldn't be surprising given the traditions of the show and the higher ups' fear of introducing proper changes to the underlying formula.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I'm fine with Steven appearing just as long as he doesn't steal Serena's time in the spotlight.

Also, it would be a low blow to just cut her off but ultimately it wouldn't be surprising given the traditions of the show and the higher ups' fear of introducing proper changes to the underlying formula.

Very true about the Steven thing. I actually think that Steven's role in this particular arc is to help Mairin talk Alain out of his mental hole, because Steven is someone that Alain looks up to (unless I'm mistaken). After all, Steven whalloped him a couple of times without even letting MCX dent his MEMetagross, and we know that Alain is 102% about strength; therefore, Steven showing up could mean that it's additional assistance in getting Alain to help Ash in Ash's time of need. Serena will have some difficulty duking it out with some Flare peeps, but I think that shell be all right.

Or we could have Ash rescue Serena when she's in her time of most dire need, and if the writers were allowed to make Ash say, "I'll protect you, Serena! Hey! You've gotta get through me to get to her! Serena, stay back, grab my hand, we're gonna stick together! Remember, we're traveling together forever!" //end episode

But we know that the likelihood of that happening is about the same chances as a rainstorm in the Atacama Desert (once a thousand years or so the legend says). But watch the writers surprise us by doing exactly what I just said. That'd be hilarious, and a huge day for this thread.

DatsRight

I suppose it makes some sense for Serena to need help, since even now they convey her as a fairly mediocre battler (in fairness Ash is a half hearted performer whose never won anything in that regard, Zoey sure knew that). They'd have to contrive her into a much more experienced trainer to realistically take down a large fraction of Flare single handed, even compared to Team Rocket who've had proper heated battles with the organisation before.

And concerning Ash, no I certainly don't think he's abusive, it was just having another plot where Ash snaps to often might imply such for some fans, especially from how shy and blindly fond of him Serena sometimes is (see how quickly she decided the argument was her fault). It would be interesting though, even if he doesn't find out she loves him outright, he realises exactly how far her care and idolisation is for him. I feel like he always just assumed she had her quest and he had his, not her's revolved so much around being with him.

I think that's what makes the forest scene more tragic, Serena idolised Ash before he even earned ONE badge (granted Ash liked Serena before she even knew what she wanted to earn).

I do like at least that Serena likes Ash not just because of of being dazzled by his charm or good looks or anything. They make a point to show her kindness is instinctive, especially around Bonnie, it never feels like a case of 'I wouldn't give a damn about any of you if my future hubby wasn't here'. It's maybe why I can buy into the idea that she'd like Ash even if he suffered a snap back. Sure she'd probably be left a little disappointed that BW Ash wasn't perfectly competent, but from what I remember the gentleness and well intentions were still always there, and he'd still have times he pulled through for her big time. OS Ash might have been the nearest to completely disillusioning her due to how arrogant and insensitive he could sometimes be, and even then he might have gotten round her eventually.

Last edited:

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I suppose it makes some sense for Serena to need help, since even now they convey her as a fairly mediocre battler (in fairness Ash is a half hearted performer whose never won anything in that regard, Zoey sure knew that). They'd have to contrive her into a much more experienced trainer to realistically take down a large fraction of Flare single handed, even compared to Team Rocket who've had proper heated battles with the organisation before.

And concerning Ash, no I certainly don't think he's abusive, it was just having another plot where Ash snaps to often might imply such for some fans, especially from how shy and blindly fond of him Serena sometimes is (see how quickly she decided the argument was her fault). It would be interesting though, even if he doesn't find out she loves him outright, he realises exactly how far her care and idolisation is for him. I feel like he always just assumed she had her quest and he had his, not her's revolved so much around being with him.

I do like at least that Serena likes Ash not just because of of being dazzled by his charm or good looks or anything. They make a point to show her kindness is instinctive, especially around Bonnie, it never feels like a case of 'I wouldn't give a damn about any of you if my future hubby wasn't here'. It's maybe why I can buy into the idea that she'd like Ash even if he suffered a snap back. Sure she'd probably be left a little disappointed that BW Ash wasn't perfectly competent, but from what I remember the gentleness and well intentions were still always there, and he'd still have times he pulled through for her big time. OS Ash might have been the nearest to completely disillusioning her, and even then he might have gotten round her eventually.

He's just a golden boy, a genuine person, to say the least. That alone makes him better than lots of other people, because if we were to compare the real world with the anime world, lots of people are fake. It's almost like the writers went out of their way to create a happy-go-lucky klutz who's only good at battling and making friends (admirable qualities, though being a klutz might leave something to be desired). I'm sure by Pokemon standards, Ash is a fairly attractive guy as well, so that also explains why several people have had canonical crushes on him.

But Serena is a slightly different breed herself. She's kind, nice, has a mother-like personality, is basically a surrogate sibling for Bonnie, and much more. I also agree with your point about how Serena isn't a gold digger for looks (or fame), and genuinely loves Ash for who he is. Hell, she'd even like him through his BW phase. His OS phase, as you said, might be a bit rough in the beginning, but at least his heart's still in the game. Sure, he's a brash young man, but his intentions are usually pretty pure.

Now, if Serena was present during the Giselle phase...

tl;dr: serena fan club + ash fan club + lowkey jealous that they're basically relationship goals and are so cute together 。◕ ‿ ◕。

DatsRight

This might be why Serena in Alola has potential, since the new challenges might leave Ash a fish out of water again and thus having a more excused snap back. Even if Ash does just straight up become a bumbler again like in BW, it could be cute to see if Serena remains ever fond of him despite losing so much of his charisma. She'd love him even if he couldn't win a single badge.

I wonder if Ash would feel embarrassed dragging Serena around through such a low point.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

This might be why Serena in Alola has potential, since the new challenges might leave Ash a fish out of water again and thus having a more excused snap back. Even if Ash does just straight up become a bumbler again like in BW, it could be cute to see if Serena remains ever fond of him despite losing so much of his charisma. She'd love him even if he couldn't win a single badge.

I wonder if Ash would feel embarrassed dragging Serena around through such a low point.

I'm sure Serena's familiar with Ash's bumbling side. He ran off on her first "date" with him.

Also I'm sure Serena likes Ash because of his positivity and never-give-up-till-the-end attitude. Which is why Serena didn't left him depite how much of a dork he is.

DatsRight

There is something rather sweet about how much of a late bloomer Serena was, spending most of the early half wondering if she was actually good at anything and playing the load in a lot of situations. Even at this point, Serena often comes off as a bit helpless in genuinely dire situations compared to the previous companions, something she lamented during the Master Class. Oh well, I guess Ash will just have to protect and look out for her forever and ever. No issue with him. (Hey it's WAY more patience than what Misty or Iris gave him.)

It was a gratifying detail that during their argument, Ash never once blamed Serena for his failures, being slowed down or detoured by her own journey. He blamed himself for falling back and not using his team to their full potential, now just let him brood in peace.

Last edited:

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
- Ichigo never really shows blatant hints for Orihime, yet in the end they ends up

It's similar with Ash. This is a common used troupe in japanese anime. The protagonist doesn't have to show a lot of hints for a ship to be canon, and no it won't be forced either. So if Ash were to reciprocate Serena's feeling in the future, or whatever similar things happened, the writers doesn't really have the obligation to shows how Ash develop his feeling over several episodes.
Well, I don't think Bleach ending can be include here since...the series has been a mess for 2 years? Fights are dragged out to the point Shonen Jump forced the author to rush the ending.

And NaruHina gets an entire movie dedicated for them so...your examples are not really valid lol.

But I still agree with you the fact that Pokemon anime is an adventure for kids so romance of course are not appropriate. I would sastify if the writer would let Ash has at least 1 blatant hint(obvious hint indicate he has a crush on her).

Red Pheonix

But I still agree with you the fact that Pokemon anime is an adventure for kids so romance of course are not appropriate. I would sastify if the writer would let Ash has at least 1 blatant hint(obvious hint indicate he has a crush on her).

I wouldn't use "kids show can't have romance" logic. There are a number of kids shows that have romance. Not the focus but still plays in the main plot. Take Avatar: The Last Airbender for a 10 year old example.

One blatant hint you ask? But it would be wierd if it came out of nowhere which is what we are talking about. Some warmup please.

DatsRight

If romance wasn't acceptable for kids entertainment, Disney would have never took on. Hell, the fairy tales they adapt wouldn't have.

Also romantic plots are far more common in Japanese cartoons. I'd say the west are a bit more opposed to it (compare Cardcaptor Sakura to it's Cardcaptors dub), but with Pokemon XY they seem to be pretty open to translating it fully (one of the XY dub's better points is that it's very rarely tried to alter the context of the story in any way).

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I had thought that crossed my mind. Remember the date episode? I wonder how Serena remembers that event? I mean it was her very first experience of "love". Of course, since it's her first, it was wierd and awkward. She tried to hold Ash's hand, Ash being a complete dork, even running off from her, certainly the most "unique" date indeed. Despite that, it still holds a fond memory. This is where Serena got the blue ribbon from Ash. She wears that blue ribbon in her chest. All the time. I find it amusing that even when her very first "date" of her life is so odd and akward yet it had left a deep impression in her mind.

I'd say that it's further proof that she loves that big dork. Anything from Ash she treasures. She held onto a random handkerchief that he gave her for her injury. After five years or however long ago it was, she still had it and knew exactly where it was.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

I'd say that it's further proof that she loves that big dork. Anything from Ash she treasures. She held onto a random handkerchief that he gave her for her injury. After five years or however long ago it was, she still had it and knew exactly where it was.

I just want to clarify before someone mentions that Serena is not obsessed with Ash. She's not blind to his faults. My proof is xyz28. When Ash snapped at her, she snowball'ed him and ran away. She didn't accept when Ash was acting like that.

Granted, she later blamed herself but consider this. He still didn't return for a long time and a snow storm was coming. She became really worried and she started blaming things on herself out of frustration.

DatsRight

I don't think Serena's crush with Ash is shallow. I do think it would be heartwarming to demonstrate this more at times, it's a bit harder to make it significant in Kalos since everyone has respect for Ash, there aren't even any arrogant or jerk rivals telling him he sucks.

As said if she appeared in a region like Unova where Ash suffered a down time and was back to being treated like a loser, I see her being the one that would comfort or feel sad for him, and likely snap at hecklers like Iris. She'd love him even if he lost every match he took part in.

I think this is what makes Team Rocket's relationships heartwarming. I mean Inkay broke out of being brainwashed by a montage of humiliations with the team, just they were all with James. There are rarely times Jessie and James chew their Pokemon out for failing them, in fact lots of freeze frame moments in XY have them cradling them or showing concern when they suffer a KO. At least they'd try for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.