• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
It's okay you're not being pessimistic, her not going is an outcome we are all aware could happen, that doesn't spell the end of Amourshipping anyway though so don't worry about it. I would personally like to see them exchange the ribbon and the handkerchief too. However I think the best parting gift would be an exchanging of hats, Serena's original straw hat from the flashback or maybe her current one, considering how iconic Ashs hat is, it would be really nice to see him give it to Serena as a reminder that he will be back for her after Alola.

+ Serena in Ash's clothing was easily one of the best things about XY. Let's be real here, guys and girls: who didn't squeal in childish delight due to this scene? :D

I can't really imagine Ash wearing a straw hat though.

Double-posting is punishable by infraction and having the mods eat your second post like the former president of Uganda eats... Uh, nevermind.

A better example would be the warlords that controlled Liberia before and during the two civil wars that engulfed the nation. But seriously though, is there a rule against double posting different material in the same thread?

Nuttiee

+ Serena in Ash's clothing was easily one of the best things about XY. Let's be real here, guys and girls: who didn't squeal in childish delight due to this scene? :D

A better example would be the warlords that controlled Liberia before and during the two civil wars that engulfed the nation. But seriously though, is there a rule against double posting different material in the same thread?

I wasn't on about him wearing it haha, just a nice keepsake to take with him on his journey (and inadvertently fill him with nostalgia whenever he sees it, serving as a reminder of what he is waiting for him when he gets back).

Red Pheonix

I didn't.

But I did say, "WHAT? IS THIS HAPPENING?"

Or Serena could give him an Alolan hat.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Someone give Ash an injection of Oxytocin before Serena confesses.

Oxytocin is also the hormone that's released in heavy amounts during and post-sex. Just saying. inb4 the fanfic writers that like to do lemons start to get any funny ideas again *gag*

1. Grab your pitchforks and torches cause Ashy boy is the axer here!

2. After hearing Ash's opinion, you know her biggest admiration, I'm sure that her thinking will shift towards staying in Kalos. Pray to Arcues that Grace kicks some sense into them. Or Grace and Delia has a secret plan to hitch the two.

3. I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to cool out the fever rather than using blankets to keep the fever. Don't use blankets if you catch a fever.

1. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU** YOU, ASH! D: :(

2. Conspiracy theories. Grace will surely play a role in Serena choosing between staying versus leaving Ash. Maybe Grace is also armed with the knowledge that love is a powerful motivation to do better, and because Serena's in love, Serena could also be motivated to become a better performer. Seriously though, love and affection are actually powerful motivators to do better. At least, in my experience, it is. :(

3. The relatively high fever broke in a day, so I'm not complaining LOL. :)

I wasn't on about him wearing it haha, just a nice keepsake to take with him on his journey (and inadvertently fill him with nostalgia whenever he sees it, serving as a reminder of what he is waiting for him when he gets back).

That would be really cute and heartwarming, but a really sad reminder to us (and possibly him) that he left behind his best female companion he's ever traveled with and his waifu.

Nuttiee

Oxytocin is also the hormone that's released in heavy amounts during and post-sex. Just saying. inb4 the fanfic writers that like to do lemons start to get any funny ideas again *gag*

1. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU** YOU, ASH! D: :(

2. Conspiracy theories. Grace will surely play a role in Serena choosing between staying versus leaving Ash. Maybe Grace is also armed with the knowledge that love is a powerful motivation to do better, and because Serena's in love, Serena could also be motivated to become a better performer. Seriously though, love and affection are actually powerful motivators to do better. At least, in my experience, it is. :(

3. The relatively high fever broke in a day, so I'm not complaining LOL. :)

That would be really cute and heartwarming, but a really sad reminder to us (and possibly him) that he left behind his best female companion he's ever traveled with and his waifu.

That's the point, the realisation that Serena is the one will hit him like a train whilst he's on the other side of the world, thus making his feelings towards her stronger and their reunion that much more one to savour.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
That's the point, the realisation that Serena is the one will hit him like a train whilst he's on the other side of the world, thus making his feelings towards her stronger and their reunion that much more one to savour.

But he'll still need someone to hammer into his head that a certain someone loves him that much...

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Oh, I didn't realize the Liberians were cannibals too.

In all seriousness, yes, it is against the rules.

Last edited:

Neatolzy

Thus the administration of a dose haha, not sure I want the natural happening quite yet.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm not sure how to respond to this. ;)

Kinda messed up how Africa is, especially if you think about how the colonial powers made the continent into what it is today.

Yeah, Africa is a friggin' mess. It's a shame. It would actually make a great backdrop for a Pokemon game, with all of the wildlife to build on.

What news do you expect we'll know by the end of Thursday?

matthew11

8000 MMR
NOTE: IS THERE A PENALTY FOR DOUBLE POSTING DIFFERENT MESSAGES? O.O

Yes there is. I see you committed a double post. You can merge those post into one to avoid breaking the rules.

Please do so immediately before the mods give you an infraction.

I'm excited for the specials, but there's no guarantee we'de receive hints from either side. But we'll see.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Yeah, Africa is a friggin' mess. It's a shame.

Don't generalize - it's a continent not a country. Plus please stay on topic jeez

ANYWAY
it's been so long wow
In terms of AmourShipping and the conclusion of it within the series, it is entirely dependent upon the path in which the writers choose to take - whether to keep Serena for the SM anime, or end her storyline here. Personally, I think it's up in the air at this point. Usually I'm quick to dismiss possibilities such as this, especially in previous series, but idk I just feel like Serena's is different. If, however, Serena does not continue on, then I am genuinely interested how the writers will end it in a tasteful way. Her crush won't be forgotten by the writers, regardless of the ending, so I wonder what they will do.
Apparently there's going to be news in the next few days or so (perhaps even earlier) regarding the games AND potentially the SM anime? It's interesting to note that within previous series, the traveling companions have been revealed earlier so I wonder why it has taken this long for the reveal. Honestly, I still have my doubts about Serena going on to the next region, but that doesn't mean I don't have a shred of hope.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
What news do you expect we'll know by the end of Thursday?

Honestly, it's so tough to say. I really want to say we'd get the full companions, starters, trailer thing, but it could just be a title and date.

Now as for that whole mess of hormones, confession, etc: Similar to lane, I'm a believer that Ash does have subconscious feelings that he doesn't fully understand. If Serena confesses, that is essentially the defining moment in that it could potentially be where Ash begins to understand his feelings.

Also, I really don't see Ash axing Serena. We tend to forget that Ash asked her to come along (first time that happened). If Serena wants to stay (99.9999999999999999999999% certain she does) then Ash will let her. Also, he does kinda need her around after all the times she saved his butt with those gyms and the kalos league.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Don't generalize - it's a continent not a country. Plus please stay on topic jeez

ANYWAY
it's been so long wow
In terms of AmourShipping and the conclusion of it within the series, it is entirely dependent upon the path in which the writers choose to take - whether to keep Serena for the SM anime, or end her storyline here. Personally, I think it's up in the air at this point. Usually I'm quick to dismiss possibilities such as this, especially in previous series, but idk I just feel like Serena's is different. If, however, Serena does not continue on, then I am genuinely interested how the writers will end it in a tasteful way. Her crush won't be forgotten by the writers, regardless of the ending, so I wonder what they will do.
Apparently there's going to be news in the next few days or so (perhaps even earlier) regarding the games AND potentially the SM anime? It's interesting to note that within previous series, the traveling companions have been revealed earlier so I wonder why it has taken this long for the reveal. Honestly, I still have my doubts about Serena going on to the next region, but that doesn't mean I don't have a shred of hope.

Chill LOL, just the usual banter than we're all used to here, mate. :)

Status quo is still status quo, so you can't do anything about that until the next leak for the anime comes out.

Yes there is. I see you committed a double post. You can merge those post into one to avoid breaking the rules.

Please do so immediately before the mods give you an infraction.

I'm excited for the specials, but there's no guarantee we'de receive hints from either side. But we'll see.

Oops. Thanks, mate. :p

The writers haven't forgotten about Amour, but it's just a bit hard to mash together Amour hints with the Flare arc, especially when both Ash and Serena are separated by a God and a terrorist. I'm just sad that Serena isn't standing next to Ash when the preview showed that all the gym leaders, 2 Champions, a Professor, and the entire XY gang with a 100% Zygarde were standing all together.

Honestly, it's so tough to say. I really want to say we'd get the full companions, starters, trailer thing, but it could just be a title and date.

Now as for that whole mess of hormones, confession, etc: Similar to lane, I'm a believer that Ash does have subconscious feelings that he doesn't fully understand. If Serena confesses, that is essentially the defining moment in that it could potentially be where Ash begins to understand his feelings.

Also, I really don't see Ash axing Serena. We tend to forget that Ash asked her to come along (first time that happened). If Serena wants to stay (99.9999999999999999999999% certain she does) then Ash will let her. Also, he does kinda need her around after all the times she saved his butt with those gyms and the kalos league.

1. Or it can just be a game leak thing, though there's already plenty of leaks for the games insofar. x.x

2. Yes.

3. Now, I'm just not sure how the writers will handle the Palermo vs Alola thing. I just hope that Grace has a say in it, because mums tend to know best for their kiddos. :)

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
3 pages in 7 hours. Not bad.not bad.

I didn't read anythin but I just wanted to say:
Episode XYZ 22 was a episode written by a fan!
So actually everything was panned by a armourshipper. Ofcourse Ash fell when he was next to Serena. It's written like ththat lol

lane

A Giant Goldfish
3 pages in 7 hours. Not bad.not bad.

I didn't read anythin but I just wanted to say:
Episode XYZ 22 was a episode written by a fan!
So actually everything was panned by a armourshipper. Ofcourse Ash fell when he was next to Serena. It's written like ththat lol

I think that some of the writers, if not most, are probably in some form or way pro-Amour, because I'm sure that after 20 years of winning gym battles and losing Leagues, the writers felt the need to make something different for Ash: Serena. ;)

Actually, I'm faintly surprised that Juoichi Masuda is likely to be an Amourshipper too. I'd think that he has more important things to do, right? :p

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I think that some of the writers, if not most, are probably in some form or way pro-Amour, because I'm sure that after 20 years of winning gym battles and losing Leagues, the writers felt the need to make something different for Ash: Serena. ;)

Actually, I'm faintly surprised that Juoichi Masuda is likely to be an Amourshipper too. I'd think that he has more important things to do, right? :p

I mean they write it, I'm sure they support it. And yeah it is a known fact that Masuda is an amourshipper. It's shown in some of the stuff he retweets.

MegaScyther

Bug trainer
What if corocoro was just sun and moon game stuff ant not anime stuff like we're wanting. Also, Gunna be interesting to see how the dub handles the furfrou trainer interactions, like is he Gunna say your girlfriend isn't here to protect you now

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I mean they write it, I'm sure they support it. And yeah it is a known fact that Masuda is an amourshipper. It's shown in some of the stuff he retweets.

that awk moment when you realise that there's some salty [insert_name_here]shippers that want [insert_pokegirl_here] to come back, but the majority are amourshippers, so the formers actually try to write the script for amour to not become canonised

Can someone link me to some of the stuff that Masuda retweets? I've heard that they're pretty cute and innocent images that make your heart swell with joy (so I've heard).

Whoever said 3 pages in 7 hours must be issuing a challenge. Let's make this the 5 pages a day thing again! (I'm just kidding too ;) )

What if corocoro was just sun and moon game stuff ant not anime stuff like we're wanting. Also, Gunna be interesting to see how the dub handles the furfrou trainer interactions, like is he Gunna say your girlfriend isn't here to protect you now

I'm actually faintly surprised about the quality of the dubbed episodes. Granted, they sometimes don't have the intended intensity of the emotions found in the Japanese originals, but for the most part, it's pretty damn good (e.g. the depression arc and Haven Paschall's voice acting was 10/10 spot on, loved it!).

Sephora

yes I'm back
Chill LOL, just the usual banter than we're all used to here, mate. :)

I didn't mean to be rude or anything so I apologize, but a) talking about the politics of a continent isn't "banter" and b) things need to stay on topic. But anyway... I digress :)

I was surprised when I saw Junichi Masuda's tweets about Amour lol, but a definite bonus for us even though he isn't very involved with the anime. And for sure some of the writers are AmourShippers otherwise they wouldn't have included the side plot (because it is for Serena) to begin with. I know that for sure the screenplay writer Akemi Omode is an AmourShipper because not only did she write the majority of AmourShipping episodes, but she also tweeted something about it (albeit subtly). So at least it is recognized within the writing staff.

Can someone link me to some of the stuff that Masuda retweets? I've heard that they're pretty cute and innocent images that make your heart swell with joy (so I've heard).

Here's one tweet I found

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.