• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
I didn't mean to be rude or anything so I apologize, but a) talking about the politics of a continent isn't "banter" and b) things need to stay on topic. But anyway... I digress :)

I was surprised when I saw Junichi Masuda's tweets about Amour lol, but a definite bonus for us even though he isn't very involved with the anime. And for sure some of the writers are AmourShippers otherwise they wouldn't have included the side plot (because it is for Serena) to begin with. I know that for sure the screenplay writer Akemi Omode is an AmourShipper because not only did she write the majority of AmourShipping episodes, but she also tweeted something about it (albeit subtly). So at least it is recognized within the writing staff.

Here's one tweet I found

Thanks for the link!

As for the "banter", I believe that I was trying to say something along the lines of though we do stay on topic, there's always that 5% or so percentage of the time in which the thread talks about something else for a couple of posts and then comes back to Amour. Sorry! :D

NOTE: I PROFUSELY APOLOGISE IF I OFFENDED ANYONE.

wonder how much fun it'd be to become a writer for the anime, because i'd have some ridiculous fun making up crazy scenarios like i already do on this thread lel

Here's a little something that Setsuna F Seiei brought to our attention back in April: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/722392451864858626

From my really basic Japanese skills and the help of the almighty Google, does the tweet basically say that Masuda's favourite XY character is Serena (or at least, implies it, because he retweeted it)?

Last edited:

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Thanks for the link!

As for the "banter", I believe that I was trying to say something along the lines of though we do stay on topic, there's always that 5% or so percentage of the time in which the thread talks about something else for a couple of posts and then comes back to Amour. Sorry! :D

wonder how much fun it'd be to become a writer for the anime, because i'd have some ridiculous fun making up crazy scenarios like i already do on this thread lel

From my really basic Japanese skills and the help of the almighty Google, does the tweet basically say that Masuda's favourite XY character is Serena (or at least, implies it, because he retweeted it)?

Petition to make lane a writer? I'd sign it.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there isn't a writer that is against amour. I'm sure all of them at least like it or it wouldn't be in the story.

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there isn't a writer that is against amour. I'm sure all of them at least like it or it wouldn't be in the story.

Awh, that just made me blush! (it didn't lol) :)

I'm sure that if I became a writer, I'd get some serious flak from lots of people for having some outlandish scenarios... actually, I don't recall any scenario that I posted that was completely outrageous or ludicrious. Mind reminding me about one? :D

As for the writers thing, I think I meant for it as a joke, though it wouldn't be terribly surprising to realise that some of the writers are still fans of May, Misty, Dawn, or Iris. Then again, they're all mature adults, so they're probably not gonna flame each other over every little thing like how some shipping communities do to each other (I don't get that either). :p

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Awh, that just made me blush! (it didn't lol) :)

I'm sure that if I became a writer, I'd get some serious flak from lots of people for having some outlandish scenarios... actually, I don't recall any scenario that I posted that was completely outrageous or ludicrious. Mind reminding me about one? :D

As for the writers thing, I think I meant for it as a joke, though it wouldn't be terribly surprising to realise that some of the writers are still fans of May, Misty, Dawn, or Iris. Then again, they're all mature adults, so they're probably not gonna flame each other over every little thing like how some shipping communities do to each other (I don't get that either). :p

True, they're all much older and we're all mostly high school and college students. I'm not surprised we flame each other.

And yeah, I don't think they hate any character (besides Iris), but they have a story to write and it seems like Serena is the lucky girl, even though I'd argue that Ash is the lucky one.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
True, they're all much older and we're all mostly high school and college students. I'm not surprised we flame each other.

And yeah, I don't think they hate any character (besides Iris), but they have a story to write and it seems like Serena is the lucky girl, even though I'd argue that Ash is the lucky one.

Why would Ash be the lucky one? o_O

EDIT: Duh. //Serena Fan Club

MegaScyther

Bug trainer
If you had the choice to write an episode or two, would you rather have ash be older, have him "capture" a legendary to use in the Pokémon league, have Amour canonized or have him win a league, and you can only pick one.

Sephora

yes I'm back
If you had the choice to write an episode or two, would you rather have ash be older, have him "capture" a legendary to use in the Pokémon league, have Amour canonized or have him win a league, and you can only pick one.

Amour canonized duhh - I mean Ash will eventually win the league sometime within the anime (near the end or whatever) and catching a legendary is not a big thing for me like I could care less honestly lol

Red Pheonix

Don't generalize - it's a continent not a country. Plus please stay on topic jeez

ANYWAY
it's been so long wow
In terms of AmourShipping and the conclusion of it within the series, it is entirely dependent upon the path in which the writers choose to take - whether to keep Serena for the SM anime, or end her storyline here. Personally, I think it's up in the air at this point. Usually I'm quick to dismiss possibilities such as this, especially in previous series, but idk I just feel like Serena's is different. If, however, Serena does not continue on, then I am genuinely interested how the writers will end it in a tasteful way. Her crush won't be forgotten by the writers, regardless of the ending, so I wonder what they will do.
Apparently there's going to be news in the next few days or so (perhaps even earlier) regarding the games AND potentially the SM anime? It's interesting to note that within previous series, the traveling companions have been revealed earlier so I wonder why it has taken this long for the reveal. Honestly, I still have my doubts about Serena going on to the next region, but that doesn't mean I don't have a shred of hope.

So you're the one who named the ship Amourshipping? Well, welcome back, namer of the shipping!

There's an unofficial mantra we follow by here in regards to whatever happens to the ship. It's a little cheezy but very useful-

High hopes, low expectations.

Actually, I'm faintly surprised that Juoichi Masuda is likely to be an Amourshipper too. I'd think that he has more important things to do, right? :p

Junichi Masuda is no way involved in the anime. The one you should care for are the execs charged for producing the anime aka the chartshippers..........

I didn't mean to be rude or anything so I apologize, but a) talking about the politics of a continent isn't "banter" and b) things need to stay on topic. But anyway... I digress :)

I was surprised when I saw Junichi Masuda's tweets about Amour lol, but a definite bonus for us even though he isn't very involved with the anime. And for sure some of the writers are AmourShippers otherwise they wouldn't have included the side plot (because it is for Serena) to begin with. I know that for sure the screenplay writer Akemi Omode is an AmourShipper because not only did she write the majority of AmourShipping episodes, but she also tweeted something about it (albeit subtly). So at least it is recognized within the writing staff.

Here's one tweet I found

We talk about a lot of things here. Of course, we don't forget to mix and tie Amour with it.

I always thought that too that the writers are secretely Amourshippers who want the best result for Ashy and Serena. I believe Tomioka, the head writer, was responsible for introducing the childhood flashback scene. But of course, I'm more worried about the opposition from the execs..........

I'll make 1000 accounts and sign it.

Yet again, the writers are Amourshippers but the execs are chartshippers. Now, the guys who has the final say of whatever happens in the anime are....................

MegaScyther

Bug trainer
Amour canonized duhh - I mean Ash will eventually win the league sometime within the anime (near the end or whatever) and catching a legendary is not a big thing for me like I could care less honestly lol

See if I was apart of the writing season and I could have two key plots, I would age ash and serena to about 16 while they have their canonized relationship and have ash catch pokemon he's never caught before, Ash has yet to catch a pokemon of the pyschic type, and he could use a new bug type looking at you scyther looking at you

Red Pheonix

See if I was apart of the writing season and I could have two key plots, I would age ash and serena to about 16 while they have their canonized relationship and have ash catch pokemon he's never caught before, Ash has yet to catch a pokemon of the pyschic type, and he could use a new bug type looking at you scyther looking at you

The execs will come into your room and say,

"No, not happening."

If it were me, I would give Ash a dunsparce. My scientific analysis has revealed that the only way Serena can woo Ash is by giving him a dunsparce. Sorry, scyther.

Peripuff

I would get Serena to Alola, but not have Amour canonized yet. Also I would make the main cast of characters around 12 years old.

"No, not happening."

If it were me, I would give Ash a dunsparce. My scientific analysis has revealed that the only way Serena can woo Ash is by giving him a dunsparce. Sorry, scyther.

I think AmourShipping is increasing ratings, so wouldn't the execs approve of Amour too?

Dunsparce wouldn't be enough to woo Ash, he also needs to be given a Stunfisk and a Weepinbell.

On a side-note, I found out how to use multiple quotes in one post :D

MegaScyther

Bug trainer

"No, not happening."

A scyther can dream, but could you imagine what he could do with one given what he does with heracross? He would definitely take advantage of Scythers speed and attack, just don't let him in a battle against rock, ice, fire, electric, flying....you get the idea lol

Motor Bug2005

It looks like the dream is over guys. Mallow and apparently Lillie have just been confirmed as Ash's companions. Can't say I'm surprised. This proves that the execs do whatever the hell they want regardless of the consequences. This anime will now unfortunately die a slow and painful death and it will 100% deserve it.

Last edited:

Heekful

It's over guys... Mallow is 100% a traveling companions and Lille is on the poster.
RIP Serena and Amourshipping 2013-2016.

CDVEN

Average Trainer
Just as I expected. Serena now goes to Ash's Female companions' retirement home. It's expected now for her to accept Palermo's offer by the end of XYZ.
Told you she wouldn't stay. Her crush on Ash means nothing and it's not enough to save her.

Peripuff

Guys, don't give up hope just yet, just because Mallow a new female companion for Ash does not mean we can't have Serena too, Lillie could just be a rival, besides, do you really think that Serena would be shown this early if she was a companion for Ash?

Heekful

Guys, don't give up hope just yet, just because Mallow a new female companion for Ash does not mean we can't have Serena too, Lillie could just be a rival, besides, do you really think that Serena would be shown this early if she was a companion for Ash?

Please dude , stop , Serena is not there and you have to accept that... The writers don't care about their fans and that's the reality. There's no way Ash will have Mallow Lillie and another female companion.

Peripuff

Please dude , stop , Serena is not there and you have to accept that... The writers don't care about their fans and that's the reality. There's no way Ash will have Mallow Lillie and another female companion.

Like I said in my post, Lillie is in no way confirmed to be another one of Ash's companions, she could just be a rival, don't give up until it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.