• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Pheonix

Unless it ouright confirms it, we can't say Serena is axed. But I will assume Serena's axed.

Guys, I just can't stop thinking about that scene in the preview of xyz44. I'm assuming that Serena's going to confess or something like that and the buildup starts next episode.

DatsRight

If she can't handle him at his worst, she doesn't deserve him at his best. :p

A bit of a shame Serena got sidelined again in the Flare finale (though Braixen got to do a little bit of action).

If she can't handle him at his worst, she doesn't deserve him at his best. :p

A bit of a shame Serena got sidelined again in the Flare finale (though Braixen got to do a little bit of action).

Look, I disagree with this, because that isn't the real Ash, she already handled the REAL during his worst in the Snowbelle arc. THIS, is not the REAL Ash

Avatar- HAHAHA...Leave troll! I'm going to respond to you indirectly! They haven't confirmed this isn't a reboot! Lol, please leave....we don't want your trolling in here!

DatsRight

Pah, that small outburst was incredibly tame compared to some of the inanity Ash has pulled in the past. Kanto Ash would have likely blamed the whole thing on Serena due to wasting time on her showcases.

I think this Ash could be fine so long as he's still good natured. Only the design is off putting at the moment (though he'd likely be tolerable if he had larger eyes). Personality wise all I can see is XY Ash with his goofy moments more punctuated.

SoarStaraptor

After seeing Ash in SM trailer, I'm considering Ash as retired to me after XY is over. I really wanted Serena to go to Alola with him. If they don't give some sort of "physical contact" between Ash and Serena (a hug or something), that might be the worst goodbye I'd ever see, especially without a tearful goodbye.

On an unrelated note, it seems that Ash will never get a rematch and will stay 0-3. Nice going execs and writers..

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
How delusional can you guys be? Serena isn't going to Alola and its already confirmed SM isn't a reboot

Name calling is a bit juvenile. I agree that there is like a 0.00001% chance she will be coming to Alola but you don't have to be a dick about it.

People are jumping the gun thanks to Serena not being there in the shot with Clemont, Bonnie and Ash at the gym. I just see it as her not being in frame. I mean, that happens. Look at today: Bonnie gives her farewell and only Ash is in the frame for some odd reason...

How is it that you have become the optimistic one here? Filling in for Omegaz? :p

Red Pheonix

It seems like we're dealing with a different type of salt today. You guys are talking more about how SM looks crap rather than Serena4Alola it seems.

Pah, that small outburst was incredibly tame compared to some of the inanity Ash has pulled in the past. Kanto Ash would have likely blamed the whole thing on Serena due to wasting time on her showcases.

I think this Ash could be fine so long as he's still good natured. Only the design is off putting at the moment (though he'd likely be tolerable if he had larger eyes). Personality wise all I can see is XY Ash with his goofy moments more punctuated.

This just shows how different Ash is now, they've handled seasons like there a different arc every time.

Goofy, good natured...this isn't how they attracted the old viewers...they attracted viewers with the badass Ash, funny, but an awesome battler, not this.

Motor Bug2005

Goofy, good natured...this isn't how they attracted the old viewers...they attracted viewers with the badass Ash, funny, but an awesome battler, not this.

It looks like they're trying to alienate their older audience and turn the show into something only kids can enjoy because they seem to be of the mindset that only kids make them money. How out of touch can they be?

DatsRight

The Z move clip suggests Ash may still have signs of badassery rather early on (especially with Team Skull appearing), just placed in between a lot of goofiness. I actually prefer that setup.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Name calling is a bit juvenile. I agree that there is like a 0.00001% chance she will be coming to Alola but you don't have to be a dick about it.

How is it that you have become the optimistic one here? Filling in for Omegaz? :p

It's less optimism and more me realizing we have 4-5 episodes left that I don't think Ash can carry on his own...and from one screenshot judgments should not be made.

Same with the trailer. Does Ash look weird? Yes. Does the series look bad? No, not really, but we can't judge wholly from a single trailer alone.

People are too quick to judge everything and that's the problem we as shippers and consumers of everything have. Why bother getting so pessimistic when instead we can enjoy things? A lot of times, things look better in hindsight than you ever thought they would. Years ago, when Final Fantasy XII came out, I hated it. Then a couple years later, I played it and realized how amazing it was despite not being my preferred style. What I'm saying is that we live in an age where we have to jump on every little thing that could not be what we want, but instead we have to sit back, take it for what it is and enjoy. Life is better that way.

Aardkloot

I'm just hoping they'll put this series somewhere between the older seasons, I just can't see Ash becoming 'such a kid' after such a season. And just axing off Greninja like that. Maybe they'll leave XYZ open-ended and put the Alola series in between the old seasons.

After seeing Ash in SM trailer, I'm considering Ash as retired to me after XY is over. I really wanted Serena to go to Alola with him. If they don't give some sort of "physical contact" between Ash and Serena (a hug or something), that might be the worst goodbye I'd ever see, especially without a tearful goodbye.

On an unrelated note, it seems that Ash will never get a rematch and will stay 0-3. Nice going execs and writers..

Same here, although I am confident that AmourShipping will get a really good closure.

Red Pheonix

It's less optimism and more me realizing we have 4-5 episodes left that I don't think Ash can carry on his own...and from one screenshot judgments should not be made.

Same with the trailer. Does Ash look weird? Yes. Does the series look bad? No, not really, but we can't judge wholly from a single trailer alone.

People are too quick to judge everything and that's the problem we as shippers and consumers of everything have. Why bother getting so pessimistic when instead we can enjoy things? A lot of times, things look better in hindsight than you ever thought they would. Years ago, when Final Fantasy XII came out, I hated it. Then a couple years later, I played it and realized how amazing it was despite not being my preferred style. What I'm saying is that we live in an age where we have to jump on every little thing that could not be what we want, but instead we have to sit back, take it for what it is and enjoy. Life is better that way.

What do you mean by that? I can't think straight with my headache..............

Good point. Wait for things to come and then cry all you want.

Peripuff

My problem is not with how Ash is acting or anything, my one problem is the animation, but I'm sure we could all warm up to it, I can't see Ash not being the way he was in XY, his pose shown in the poster is not meant to make him look silly, but him doing a Z move. But that's just my thoughts, I am still very optimistic about this (but still slightly annoyed)

Depends on they way you look at it Epicocity, the entire school thing seems like a chance to try and battle with Yokai Watch...And lemme tell you...it isn't gonna work

Peripuff

Jesus Christ, what did I wake up to? Someone please give me a summery.

1 hour special was the best thing ever, preview for next episode cause people to believe Serena will leave early, special announcement is a preview for the Sun and Moon anime, Lillie seems to be very important, no Mallow, no Serena, Ash goes to classroom, seems to be competing with Yokai Watch, animation looks horrible and people are concluding Serena is not going to Alola because the studio working on the show is apparently changing and the preview is not well received by anyone, anywhere. (I'm still being optimistic though :) ) Basically that is what is happening, someone let me know if I missed something.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Ok, what an arc! TF Arc is definitely going down as #1 all-time favorite arcs. I also liked the subtle pushing of multiple ships throughout.

Also, Sun and Moon anime preview was kind of what to be expected. I kinda hope it is a reboot or new dimension though because it just looks off. Obviously I'm going to give it a try, but it just doesn't look good to me. This is a dramatic art style change and also it looks like it is a traditional classroom setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.