• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Banned
Please don't do this writers.

serena.jpg

What is your ranking of all the Pokémon series?

Didn't watch DP so I can't include it.

1. XY/XY&Z
2. OS
3. AG
4. BW

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I honestly don't like her character at all. She downs every girl who does not meet her expectations, walks around with a "No one is good enough to be worth my time" attitude, and now she might be taking away arguably the best pokegirl from many fans who adore her.

She's written as a character you don't like, which makes Serena leaving with her more frustrating.

I just heared all the englisch theme songs again... OMG it was Nostalgia. All those moments, I remember them all. I can't imagina how fast time goes.

When I heard the songs, I remember why I loved DP so much. The intros. It also explains why I like XYZ so much. Should it be a good idea to watch the entire DP season again? We have 3 weeks left so maybe that can be a good idea? Or maybe start from episode 1? IDK where to start. So many great memories. All past by.

Here's the list: go listen, it's, peacefull and strong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3YI3NYywg0

I can't wait till XYZ is finished. But I don't want Serena to leave to. Argggh, it's so hard. I want way more good series. I hope SM won't be like BW. I never watched BW (only some good episodes) but I heard so many bad stories about them. So the question is:

What is your ranking of all the Pokémon series?

Mine is like this (and many people do agree)

1. XY(Z)
2. DP
3. AG
4. Johto
5. FG
6. BW

I grew up with AG and it went better and better. (BW was the drop) So many memories...

1. XY(Z)
2. AG
3. OS
4. DP (Still the best league though)
5. BW

Dwight

Banned
Here's a list of Scenarios I believe can play out for the S&M anime concerning Serena.

1. They're keeping her reveal a secret until the episode where she decides to keep travelling with Ash.
2. They're planning to have her appear later in the series like Brock did in AG.
3. They're not planning on having her as part of the main cast but have her as recurring or give her a cameo. (Most possible IMO, but will still make sad).
4. They're not planning to have her as of now but may change their minds if they realize that fans are frustrated.
5. They don't plan on having her back at all.

Last edited:

MegaScyther

Bug trainer
So everyone knows about the trial captains in the game, so what if the school was to teach them to be those trial captains and Ash is there to be a trial captain? And I think it's interesting how he's almost entirely alone is the trailer with no companions seen around him except.for the class

DatsRight

Steamyshipping seems to return mostly pictures of Serena and a South Park character whom I do not recognize. Mind you, this was with Google safe search turned on (which I usually do), so there might be more NSFW associations.

All the site search results seem to be reaction pictures and anti-Steamyshipping DeviantArt pages.

It's not a South Park character. It seems to be some strange South Park anthropomorphism of a Thomas The Tank Engine character. Thomas anthroing seems to be popular on DA so...I...I dunno. :p

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Haha, I'd be so down if that happened.

Nah, but I do find it interesting how overrated she is. Because let's be honest, she is. Everyone makes such a big deal about her and yet while I do think she'll come back into the conversation, it won't be much besides, "I want to keep doing things my way" and thus she continues with Ash.

It's the "oh no, she might really leave with the old hag" reaction that lots of people have. Granted, there's a lot of Amourshippers that believe that, and I'm sure that even the regular watchers are like "dude why is Palermo even here", but yes, it does seem like the entire situation is blown way out of proportion. Then again, "the Pokemon Company is run by a bunch of idiots", so who knows, perhaps Serena might end up going with her AND not come back anymore. But let's be real, the real reason that Palermo was introduced was so that the Pokemon Company can troll us left and right and then say that Serena is going to Alola in about half a season or something.

As for S/M, I don't think I'll be watching it per episode. I'll probably not watch it for a year, then binge watch it; but I'll still be hanging around here, weighing in on inputs and whatnot. :p

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Guys, I have a theory.
What if the last remaining episodes that we don't know may not be in Kalos but it's in Pallet Town?

Clemont may leave early but Serena goes with Ash to Pallet Town to meet Professor Oak. It not only brings them back to where they first met but it also introduces Serena to Ash's mother as well. Lots of things can happen there and is definitely a good treat to the Amourshippers as well.
It can also be where Ash is told about the Alola region since I reckon Professor Oak will mention to him about his cousin living there. This may eventually lead to the climax to whether Serena decides to go with him or not.

Feraleaguehater

It's interesting that XY has brought to the table the subjects of love, death and suffering quite frequently. A confession should be a no-brainer. I don't think making the confession happen would be groundbreaking in that it approaches something delicate, but groundbreaking in that it steers away from the workaholicish rule of thumb "Dreams always have precedence over love and are more often than not completely incompatible".

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
I'm still kind of convinced there's something here that we're not seeing.
XY brought new elements to the anime, like Feraleaguehater said. If there's a sudden shift in style, as we have witnessed, it could be that there's a way for the current loop to be closed.
Besides, how many series have we had so far? 1- Original, 2 - Orange Islands, 3- Johto, 4-Hoenn, 5- Sinnoh, 6-Unova, 7-Kalos. And in the wise words of the ancient people, paraphrased by Lockstin, "The end will come when seven become one..."
Boom, HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!11!!
But seriously, we're seeing a sudden shift in style, there's a loop to be closed. If there is no way to get the old Ash back, then Amour is the lock and key for the current era of Pokémon Anime.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
But seriously, we're seeing a sudden shift in style, there's a loop to be closed. If there is no way to get the old Ash back, then Amour is the lock and key for the current era of Pokémon Anime.

Oh, definitely. S/M looks too... fun to be on the same level of maturity and seriousness that XY had for the past couple of months. If anything, the writers will be forced to use an emotional ending to the series that'll probably touch on the theme of love.

Otherwise, the series will probably be panned for having a crap ending that doesn't at all match up with the entire series' atmosphere. But I could just be thinking too much. :p

Red Pheonix

Guys, I have a theory.
What if the last remaining episodes that we don't know may not be in Kalos but it's in Pallet Town?

Clemont may leave early but Serena goes with Ash to Pallet Town to meet Professor Oak. It not only brings them back to where they first met but it also introduces Serena to Ash's mother as well. Lots of things can happen there and is definitely a good treat to the Amourshippers as well.
It can also be where Ash is told about the Alola region since I reckon Professor Oak will mention to him about his cousin living there. This may eventually lead to the climax to whether Serena decides to go with him or not.

If that happens, I'll die happy.

Thee weeks till the new episode airs. This is gonna be three long weeks. We'll probably get some episode titles, some are expecting in sunday or thursday, but nothing more as new info.

What I'm thinking of is some fun daily activity to pass the time. I don't know, like we rewatch one episode everyday and find some easily missable hints or discuss for wasted opportunity where they could have entered hints. Or maybe some sort of game. Are you guys interested?

Of course, we'll do our usual discussions. Nothing really seems to stop our usual discussion. Just in case, the discussion gets repetitive, we'll have said daily activity to look forward to.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
XY brought new elements to the anime, like Feraleaguehater said. If there's a sudden shift in style, as we have witnessed, it could be that there's a way for the current loop to be closed.
Besides, how many series have we had so far? 1- Original, 2 - Orange Islands, 3- Johto, 4-Hoenn, 5- Sinnoh, 6-Unova, 7-Kalos. And in the wise words of the ancient people, paraphrased by Lockstin, "The end will come when seven become one..."

There may very well be something. We just have to find it. My guesses are in the childhood connection. Actually...
Serena: You know, we never talked about our lives after the camp. What were you up to between then and now?
Ash: You're right. Let me tell you about it.
*Sun and Moon series begins*
The entire thing is a flashback, between two of the older series. DP-BW is a prime candidate considering no one actually said Ash went right from Sinnoh to Unova, but the others could be worked in with a minor retcon. It would explain Ash's younger perceived age, and the lack of Serena and Greninja in Alola, among other things. This has the added effect of allowing for canon AmourShipping too.

My series ranking, since others are doing it:
1. XY
2. AG
3. DP
4. BW first half
5. OS
6. BW second half

lane

A Giant Goldfish
If that happens, I'll die happy.

Thee weeks till the new episode airs. This is gonna be three long weeks. We'll probably get some episode titles, some are expecting in sunday or thursday, but nothing more as new info.

What I'm thinking of is some fun daily activity to pass the time. I don't know, like we rewatch one episode everyday and find some easily missable hints or discuss for wasted opportunity where they could have entered hints. Or maybe some sort of game. Are you guys interested?

Of course, we'll do our usual discussions. Nothing really seems to stop our usual discussion. Just in case, the discussion gets repetitive, we'll have said daily activity to look forward to.

1. If what happens?

2. I'm going to rewatch some of Season 18, because that was went the series started to be much more mature. Season 17 was a bit lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school Pokemon (and perhaps S/M). Season didn't just steal the show, it stole the damn theatre with the cosplay episode, the Flare arc, the depression arc, everything.

3. Let's just continue the dialogue. Where'd it go? //daily dialogue

4. The thing is, "usual discussions" really just means anything goes, because I don't think that we have a set structure for anything. :p Daily activity sounds good; who's gonna pitch ideas for today, if needed? :)

There may very well be something. We just have to find it. My guesses are in the childhood connection. Actually...
Serena: You know, we never talked about our lives after the camp. What were you up to between then and now?
Ash: You're right. Let me tell you about it.
*Sun and Moon series begins*
The entire thing is a flashback, between two of the older series. DP-BW is a prime candidate considering no one actually said Ash went right from Sinnoh to Unova, but the others could be worked in with a minor retcon. It would explain Ash's younger perceived age, and the lack of Serena and Greninja in Alola, among other things. This has the added effect of allowing for canon AmourShipping too.

But where'd the Pikachu come from? I mean, I guess having a Pikachu in Alola if Alola really is a flashback series would explain how Ash was okay with a Pikachu in the beginning of OS and not have a Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

Red Pheonix

1. If what happens?

2. I'm going to rewatch some of Season 18, because that was went the series started to be much more mature. Season 17 was a bit lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school Pokemon (and perhaps S/M). Season didn't just steal the show, it stole the damn theatre with the cosplay episode, the Flare arc, the depression arc, everything.

4. The thing is, "usual discussions" really just means anything goes, because I don't think that we have a set structure for anything. :p Daily activity sounds good; who's gonna pitch ideas for today, if needed? :)

But where'd the Pikachu come from? I mean, I guess having a Pikachu in Alola if Alola really is a flashback series would explain how Ash was okay with a Pikachu in the beginning of OS and not have a Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur.

Yes, yes, daily activity. But what? Idk some random thing you do with your friends or something when you're bored.

I wonder if anyone's fanfic is gonna become true? I mean apparently, there was a fanfic in 2006 that predicted Amourshipping. What if we see a repeat of this?

I guess my list (for the top 5 series) would be:
1. XY
2. AG
3. DP (I never really watched a lot of it but the ones I watched were good lol)
4. OS
5. BW (I dropped this tho around 3rd gym lol)

But yeah, three weeks are so looooooooooong. Daily activities, huh? Sounds fun! Are you guys planning an "Amourshipping week" in the thread to pass time? :)

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
1. If what happens?

I meant that it's in between two series, though that could work as well. My way, it just means there was a larger gap somewhere than previously thought, and Ash still has Pikachu as always. It's not before EP001.

Yes, yes, daily activity. But what? Idk some random thing you do with your friends or something when you're bored.

I wonder if anyone's fanfic is gonna become true? I mean apparently, there was a fanfic in 2006 that predicted Amourshipping. What if we see a repeat of this?

Story elements in Pokemon have been practically the same as fanfics since Black and White if not before.

SoarStaraptor

The writers are making Ash ditch Serena. Why must they do this?! Went from meeting/helping a girl in the woods at Summer Camp, to a memory that will be forgotten. That's a past I don't want to see forgotten! Someone stop the evildoers!! I don't want to accept this goodbye :(

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

It is very interesting and it brings up the question of "how complex is Pokemon". Lockstin's theory does grow more complex with time but you have to wonder how the anime fits into that theory. Because that seems to be the only loose end.

However, in amour's regards, things are added for a reason. Many people will tell you that amour's sole purpose was to be a gag or a marketing scheme. Obviously this is far from true because that is not how something like this works. Stuff like this is included because it plays a role in the overall story. The writers would not include the childhood flashbacks or the the blatant crush or all of those moments we've gotten throughout these 3 years. You don't build something like this for 3 years and leave it behind. You build it and keep on building to it.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
The writers are making Ash ditch Serena. Why must they do this?! Went from meeting/helping a girl in the woods at Summer Camp, to a memory that will be forgotten. That's a past I don't want to see forgotten! Someone stop the evildoers!! I don't want to accept this goodbye :(

We don't know that yet so no need to worry. Most likely she will continue on. Remember that if you are marketing something and you know how much hype you gained off of someone like Serena, do you reveal her right away? Some would say yes, but at the same time, it keeps us on the edge of our seats, wondering what will happen next.

Epicocity

that moment you see people referring to it by English seasons and you just think in terms of Japanese sagas

Not to bring up the topic of Palermo...again but I would like to point out that if Serena does not go with her, and potentially does not go with Ash...what is she going to do? Where is she going to go? It would feel like even worse writing.

Also, off-topic, for those interested, Nishitani an animator on the anime, tweeted about SM, indicating they're still working on it and his SM Ash looks...pretty good I have to say.

And I'm disappointed whenever anyone doesn't include DP in their Top 3! Come on! It had Paul! You can't beat Paul!

EDIT: Fixed some misinformation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.